Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  What a Difference Some Wheels Make! (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
What a Difference Some Wheels Make! by MinnGreenGT
Started on: 05-23-2005 07:27 PM
Replies: 58
Last post by: F355spider on 11-02-2005 10:37 AM
MinnGreenGT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2005 07:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post
...or how not to choose a vendor and/or buy wheels!

Some people may recall that it's been more than a year since I posted about my new paint, at which time I made a few subtle (or not-so-subtle) references to having finally picked out a set of wheels. I have always wanted an oversized set of gold "lace" style wheels for my GreenGT... but after much thought (OK, so $500/wheel for BBS or Compomotive doesn't take too much thinking) - I started browsing "Tuner" Magazines for something suitable and affordable. Yet again, I found that there was a pretty limited selection of Gold Wheels - and what was available was generally expensive. After further digging (OK, so I subscribed to "Sport Compact Car" - you should really try reading an issue... they're great writers, and they do their best to be performance oriented) I ran across a new ad for R-1 Racing and their "GTR-4" Style wheels. Good news: nice clean style, available in approximately the sizes I wanted. Bad news: Only available in Silver, Polished, Black, & Hyper Black. I finally convinced myself to go with the style - then have them powdercoated gold later.

This is somewhat where I made my 1st mistake. In my quest for lowest pricing - I ran across an eBay seller who offered R-1 Racing wheels. I contacted him (James Curry, Adrenaline Tuning, Atlanta), and he confirmed the sizes I needed were available - but that he'd have to order them from the manufacturer - waiting time? 2 weeks. My 2nd mistake was to want/need a mixed set. I wanted 17s for the front and 18s for the rear. Not too much to ask... you'd think. About a month later (April 27th) I sent him roughly $700 for the wheels + shipping. Two weeks went by quickly... and nothing. After about 8-10 weeks I received one wheel - a 18" piece. After numerous emails & phone calls - about 8 months later I received 2 more wheels (1-18" & 1-17" wheel) with a promise that the last was "enroute". During this time I even made my first (of many) phone calls to the Manufacturer (R-1 Racing in California) - who actually confirmed that the wheels were indeed out-of-stock and on backorder (somewhat of a releif that I wasn't getting ripped off). I made a few more calls later, but always had a heck of a time actually speaking to someone other than the nasty receptionist who didn't want to allow me to talk to anyone since I wasn't a dealer.

After even more emails & phone calls - it was finally confirmed that R-1 had my wheel and it was going to ship the next day. Another month later I finally received my last 17" Wheel. Exactly 50 weeks from the day I sent my money. At this point I'm happy, but it's still not over yet - they need to be gold (what I PITA I am, huh?). Also, I pretty well learned that the issues with supplying the wheels had nothing to do with the guy I bought 'em from. The other dealers I spoke to mentioned many simliar problems (one with the exact same style wheels I bought), and the worst customer service one could imagine. Really, the worst thing that my contact did - was not communicate thoroughly enough.

After spending nearly 2 weeks leaving messages for someone at R1 Racing to answer a simple question about the trim bolts on the wheels (what are they made of & how do they come out, since they have a 12-point "Triple Square" head on them) - again battling with the nasty receptionist (who kept trying to get me to call "Car Toys" in MD). BTW - they're plastic, pressed in, and must be drilled out & replaced. OK then. So I drilled 'em out (took all of 30-40 minutes after I got it going). Then I tried contacting R1 Racing yet again about getting replacements - they told me they couldn't sell them to me directly, but after calling 4 of their top resellers - nobody could apparantly get them. I thought about installing real stainless bolts (which I now have a box of 100 courtsey of Fastenal) - which would add unwanted weight, I finally located "Prestige Wheel" in California, who was able to supply me with something close in size (slightly too long, and not quite "fat" enough to press in) with exceptional shipping & communication (a nice change).

Then came the powder coat itself. After contacting 4 local custom shops - and not getting a response from a single one (how do these places stay in business anyway?). I got my brother to check with a shop he works with - after a week of discussion, they turned down the project due to the polished lip (something about their adhesive either not sticking, or sticking too well and possibly ruining the surface). Thankfully, my brother works with some decent painters at Winona Lighting (he just had his race bike painted there a couple of months ago) - and Justin agreed to take on the project for only about $40/wheel. Although it ended up being last minute (he finished laying the last clear coat layer last Thursday afternoon) I met by brother half way (about 1-1.5hrs for us both) to pick them up last Thursday. I brought them home and proceeded to glue them in - apparently excited and not thinking clearly, I glued them in using a bit of Gorilla Glue (I knew it was supposed to expand, but I didn't expect quite what it did). So I went to sleep ticked off and frustrated with myself for possibly ruining the new finish on my new wheels - but sent them to work with Racingman24/Eric on Friday for tire mounting & balancing Thanks!.

Got 'em back Friday evening - and among other projects, proceeded to install them on my car. Through this process I found that a few of the holes (especially on the front/right wheel) were actually small enough to interfere with the spline tuner lugs. Ugh - finally got 'em on. Finished a few other things on the car and went to be about 2am Saturday morning - up at 8am to wash the car (in the rain) and finish a few more details for the MFF Spring Kick Off Show.

Here's the car last year just prior to it's final fall outing

So without more of my rambling... here are my Customized R-1 Racing GTR-4's - painted Gold with replacement trim bolts. Front: 17x7 with Michelin Pilot Sport 225/45/17s & Rear: 18x7.5" with Michelin Pilot Sport 255/40/18s (another thanks to Racingman24 for helping me get the tires at an unbeatable price!). Both wheels are 40mm offset & have both 5x100 & 5x114.3 bolt patterns.

you might notice the M3 rockers are missing... but only temporarily - they're in FL with a fiberglass shop!)

Here's a close up of the glue issues I mentioned - it's only on a few, and I'm going to try and get rid of as much as I can the next chance I get.

So... After reading all that, if you actually did, what do you think?!

------------------

Looking for Fiero posters?

[This message has been edited by MinnGreenGT (edited 05-23-2005).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2005 07:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post
They look good, although that's way more effort than I could ever expend on a set of wheels. Maybe that's why I don't have any cars that are "finished"

And what other ideas have you picked up from tuner magazines, (other than the cute models they have on each page)

Philphine

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2005 07:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilphineSend a Private Message to PhilphineDirect Link to This Post
i like it. it's a look i want for my convertible, except i want real wires. like you i got a set with problems and the guy couldn't exchange them for what i wanted (need a fwd offset and they were standard). he took them back but i didn't find what i wanted and finally needed the cash for other things. don't know when i'll ever get them now.
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2005 07:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post
They look great!
I'm also not sure I could go through all that, knowing what you went through. 50 weeks?! You have much more patience than I do. I would probably have been on the phone and been most impolite.
(I stripped, polished and repainted a set of GT wheels a few years ago, so I kind of feel your pain. I'm not in any hurry to repeat *that* again, either.)

So... When are you gonna do the whitewalls?

------------------
Raydar
88 3.4 coupe...........

Coming soon...
88 Formula, presently under the knife.

Read Nealz Nuze!

kevin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2005 07:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kevinSend a Private Message to kevinDirect Link to This Post

Well done Minigreen, one of my favorite GT fastbacks, got even better! I am in rapture over your paint job (green), and you stage two side moldings. I am not even touching the accolades you did to your interior which I think is spectacular.

One question though; How did you get that 5 x 114.3 rear axle bolt pattern? I thought all were 5x100. What gives?

Sincerely,

Kevin J. Sullivan
kevinsullivan@frontiernet.net
916-600-6482

madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2005 08:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by kevin:

Well done Minigreen, one of my favorite GT fastbacks, got even better! I am in rapture over your paint job (green), and you stage two side moldings. I am not even touching the accolades you did to your interior which I think is spectacular.

One question though; How did you get that 5 x 114.3 rear axle bolt pattern? I thought all were 5x100. What gives?

Sincerely,

Kevin J. Sullivan
kevinsullivan@frontiernet.net
916-600-6482

Universal bolt pattern. R1 Racing are known for that. More aplications and less inventory.

Black-Azz-GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2005 08:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Black-Azz-GTSend a Private Message to Black-Azz-GTDirect Link to This Post
I've been waiting for this! It looks great.
MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2005 08:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post
Thanks all for the comments (and keep 'em coming!)

jscott1 - only a few other "tuner" ideas, but I love to read their articles. I can tell you for certain - if I had the cash I'd pick up a Lotus Elise, Skyline GTR, or a few other nifty rides they showcase! Oh, and the car is still far from "finished" - just one step at a time! BTW I'll have owned the car for 10 years this August!

Raydar - I tried to stay cool and logical about the situation... but I defintely had my less-than-friendly exchanges (primarily with the nasty receptionist) with R1. Other than a few "coarse" emails - I never really got too testy with the dealer for some reason. Whitewalls? *snicker*

Originally posted by kevin:

Kevin - thanks for the positive feedback! The wheel actually has 10 bolt holes (one set for the 5x100 & the other set for 5x114.3 - I'm just using the stock 5x100 set).

Originally posted by Black-Azz-GT:

I've been waiting for this! It looks great.

And I've been awaiting your response (since you were one of only about 4 or 5 people to see my photoshop rendering from last year).

[This message has been edited by MinnGreenGT (edited 05-23-2005).]

Fiero_Adam

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2005 08:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero_AdamSend a Private Message to Fiero_AdamDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MinnGreenGT:

So... After reading all that, if you actually did, what do you think?!

Rob, I actually did read it all! What a mess just to get a set of wheels! I'm a little too impatiant with finding wheels. In fact, I already bought another set of wheels for my SE, that will go on when it's 'finished.'
The wheels look great! Looks like two different split 5 spoke wheels put together. I haven't seen that before.
I like this shot.

------------------
(formerly known as sqoach)
86 SE 4 spd - undergoing reconstructive surgery
86 SE auto - receiving heart transplant - it's alive!!
86 GT auto - daily driver

85 GT 4 spd - parts car

carbon

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2005 08:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonDirect Link to This Post
They look great! Especially the polished lips... just quit pointing out the bolts. Now get that driver side rear wheel aligned.
rverhalen

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2005 08:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rverhalenSend a Private Message to rverhalenDirect Link to This Post
Very Very nice, Wheels do make or break a car and in your case they MADE it

Very clean looking with class.

My hat is off to you for a very good choice of wheels.

------------------
Thank you,
Robert Ver Halen
Winston-Salem, NC
(IZA-TOY)

[This message has been edited by rverhalen (edited 05-23-2005).]

PFF
System Bot
86fierofun

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2005 09:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fierofunSend a Private Message to 86fierofunDirect Link to This Post
Looks great. Those are also the best air scoops that i have ever seen on a fiero (in front of the rear wheels). Wheels do make a big difference. Have fun with your other modifications.
85SE
From: Paradise, Newfoundland, Canada (yes, the town is named Paradise!)

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2005 09:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85SEClick Here to visit 85SE's HomePageSend a Private Message to 85SEDirect Link to This Post
Rob,

Nutso story, but I understand how these things can drag on. The rims look beyond sweet...kudos on an excellent look, and having the tenacity to stick to it

Regards,
Andrew

------------------

Proud owner of an 85 coupe with 40k miles

Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2005 09:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Direct Link to This Post
They do look awesome! BTW - are they the same wheels that spearce has? They look kinda like them but I'm not sure since his are silver

Jen

Racingman24

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2005 09:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Racingman24Click Here to visit Racingman24's HomePageSend a Private Message to Racingman24Direct Link to This Post
Come on now, make those tires shine! They are far to spendy to let be all dirty like that.
Alex4mula

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2005 09:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaDirect Link to This Post
Very nicew wheels Gold and green are a great match. I personaly think the rear tires are to tall (wouldn't go over 245) but overall they look ok. What a huge pain you went thru

------------------
Palm Beach Fieros
http://pbfieros.tripod.com

revin

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 234
Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2005 09:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post

you might notice the M3 rockers are missing... but only temporarily - they're in FL with a fiberglass shop!)

That looks like a toy car picture

They are very rice..Opps I mean NICE J/K Rob

Looks agressive.

NOW what is the story on the side skirts????????????(please keep it short )

F-I-E-R-O

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2005 09:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F-I-E-R-OSend a Private Message to F-I-E-R-ODirect Link to This Post
Hey! I just found the perfect gold laced wheels 17" and 18" in my garage, but I guess you're all set now so maybe I'll just store them away or something. They've never been used and look like brand new, they're just not for me. Maybe I'll just put them on the curb, I suppose someone will want them... J/K

First, I'd like to say that I am very impressed with your car, even though it's a fastback. The color combination is my favorite, and it shows what kind of person you are to take the time to get what you want and then make sure that it's done right.

I read through your whole story (once I started I couldn't stop, I figured if you had to go through all that then the least I could do was read it all) so I'm hoping you'll see this question: Are those 5 inch wing stands you have on the car and where did you get yours?

F-I-E-R-O

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2005 09:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F-I-E-R-OSend a Private Message to F-I-E-R-ODirect Link to This Post

F-I-E-R-O

8410 posts
Member since Jan 2005

Originally posted by revin:
That looks like a toy car picture

Some how I missed that, but whoever took the photo did an excellent job. I think I'll put it as my wallpaper on my desktop for a while. Very nice!

F-I-E-R-O

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2005 09:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F-I-E-R-OSend a Private Message to F-I-E-R-ODirect Link to This Post

F-I-E-R-O

8410 posts
Member since Jan 2005
I have to play with the sizing but it looks great as my new background! I know this sounds kind of cheesy for me to do, but I don't get out much...
Racingman24

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2005 09:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Racingman24Click Here to visit Racingman24's HomePageSend a Private Message to Racingman24Direct Link to This Post
IIRC, they are 7 inch wing stands. [Or as Rob will say when he gets here, "stantions" (done in my best snobby voice. )]

Rob took that pic, and doctor'd it. And I know why. He took a pic of his car with a high quality camera, and the colors turned out black, and dark, DARK gold. It looked aweful. So he just blurred and black/whited the background and pulled the color out of his car like it is supposed to be.

The rockers, there isn't too much of a story there, so I'll keep it short for you. [I don't know if Rob know's the meaning of "Short" ]
They cracked, so he sent them to his cousin in FL to have them redone right. No more cracking. Pretty simple.

Eric

PFF
System Bot
KEV

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2005 10:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KEVSend a Private Message to KEVDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by carbon:

They look great! Especially the polished lips... just quit pointing out the bolts. Now get that driver side rear wheel aligned.

Hey what he said get it aligned... don't what to wear out them nice "cheap" tires..

They do look real nice on there..!! It makes the car, can't wait to see the rockers back on..

------------------

MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2005 11:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post
First off, yes - the 1st photo is very photoshopped - I shot it with a 2.1MP Olympus (like most of the pics you see here & elsewhere that I post). I can almost never catch a good photo of the car's color ('04 Jaguar Racing Green) - so I do some correction (hey - I'm a graphic designer... it's what I do!). Here's the original

Adam (the PFF'r formally known as Sqoach) - Yeah... the wheels were much more important to me than I think they are to most car owners - it really has to do with keeping the theme & style consistent with the car.

Carbon/Nick - It's the forum... better to be up front about a flaw than to have someone whisper about it behind your back. As for the alignment... defintely before the Dells!

rverhalen - thanks! Much appreciated.

88fierofun - agreed! I never liked most scoops until Jim/AusFiero showed his first renderings of the Stage 2s.

85SE - thanks for the Kudos! Sometimes it does pay to stick out the long haul.

FieroChic88/Jen - I believe Spearce has Konig Imagines... which are very similiar, but the spokes are all equal length and size (which is precisely why I wanted the GTR-4s... similar "feel" without being the same). I think Alex4mula also has the imagines.

Eric/Racingman24 - yeah... I was going to shine 'em up on Saturday - but it was a bit too wet at the time. And they are "Stanchions" you booger!

Alex4mula - I figured you'd like the wheels... similar style to your yellow car! As for tire size... I had planned originally on going with 245s - but I couldn't pass up the deal I got on the 255s.

Revin - The story on the side skirts (slightly different than RM24 mentioned)... I've sent them to Gainesville Florida to an experimental aircraft company (partially owned & run by my cousin) - to be molded & reproduced. I'm hoping to have parts available in the next couple of months... full carbon fiber parts will be available as well (at a premium). I haven't made any official posts about 'em yet due to not knowing exact pricing and/or availability, but I have done some subtle pre-marketing-marketing. short enough for you?

F-I-E-R-O - Sounds like you've got a size of "unicorn" wheels there... better hang on to 'em tight LOL. Thanks for the positive comments on the car & color. One thing I've tried to let everyone know - my car is very much an extension of my likes & dislikes... it's built to my standards (good and bad), my tastes, and my ideals. I love to hear positive feedback, but I don't strive for it - nor do I require "approval" for the things I do. But a "Pat on the Back" never hurts

My Wing stands are 5" off the deck, but nearly 6" if you measure the angle (I'm not sure what the correct measure is). ...and yeah - the photo is mine! If you want a high resolution version, I can make one available tomorrow (I've got it blown up to 2'x3' on my computer at work - going to be a poster soon).

Kev - I'll be glad when it's aligned & reassembled again... someday!

Feel free to keep the comments coming!

pavo_roddy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2005 11:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pavo_roddySend a Private Message to pavo_roddyDirect Link to This Post
Hi all,

Those rims look FANTASTIC!!! Nice eye on detail!!

Racingman24

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2005 11:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Racingman24Click Here to visit Racingman24's HomePageSend a Private Message to Racingman24Direct Link to This Post

First off. . . . . .

blah, blah, blah, blah.

. . . . . . yes - someday!

Would you believe he calls this short.

And don't be givin' me no guff, 'cause you said it. . . . .

Feel free to keep the comments coming!

[This message has been edited by Racingman24 (edited 05-23-2005).]

Oslo

Feedback score:    (53)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 126
Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2005 11:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OsloClick Here to visit Oslo's HomePageSend a Private Message to OsloDirect Link to This Post
Rob, that looks amazing! Your car just keeps getting better and better! I can't wait until my GT is as flawless as yours. I figure after a couple more years and a new paint job/body work, my car might be in the same league as yours.

Also, check this thread please!
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/052048.html

later

------------------

'86 2.8L Bottle-Fed
'86 2.5L turbo put to sleep
Chris_Oslo_Nelson@hotmail.com

doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2005 11:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post
Those are a perfect choice. I always believe that the wheels really make the car and those compliment the classic theme you have going on. The jaguar green, mixed with gold and tan interior is really classy. Keep it up.
blakeinspace

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2005 01:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceDirect Link to This Post
Rob...

I knew someday, someday... I would need to drag these pictures out.
You see fellow PFF'ers, Rob needed 'help' with his vision for his car.

It was a cold and rainy Sunday. And Rob was proud of his British Racing green Fiero.
So he decided to accent it with blue stripes.

Pay no attention to the black seat cover. That is Eric's (Racingman24) idea of good taste.
We cannot blame it on Rob.

Now I am just too proud of Rob's car to let other's see it in the shape that he had it in.
So after a few minutes of Blake treatment, we have this:

------

and now that Rob friendly hates me for posting these...
you can also see what his gold wheels looked like prior to the new ones.

Rob, the new ones are great. I like your tastes.
But next time, I would go with a Hefty Cinch-Sack over the Glad 3-ply on the seats

MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2005 02:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post
ROFLMAO! Blake - those pics are classics... those are some great pics of you having fixed my "short bus" numbers!
blakeinspace

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2005 02:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceDirect Link to This Post
glad you like them!

I think you should use that first pic for next years PFF calendar

justa6

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2005 03:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for justa6Send a Private Message to justa6Direct Link to This Post
hey Rob, take a photo of the car as the sun is setting, but not shining directly onto the car. like possibly after the sun is already set, but its not dark out yet. i noticed that my green car looks awesome then,as does my brothers blue. something about the darker colors coming out as it gets darker. im sure you can figure it out being a designer and all . remember, use a tripod!

[This message has been edited by justa6 (edited 05-24-2005).]

PFF
System Bot
Fiero Finale

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2005 04:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero FinaleSend a Private Message to Fiero FinaleDirect Link to This Post
I'm speechless.....

------------------

1986 Fiero Diablo - L4 2.5 Auto, Daily Driver & Project Car.
1986 Fiero Finale - Being A Parts Car For Now Till I Get A Finale Kit For It & etc.
2002 Firebird Phoenix - Dream Car

jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2005 05:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

Oh, and the car is still far from "finished" - just one step at a time! BTW I'll have owned the car for 10 years this August!

MinnGreen, I think it's cool you took the time to answer everybodies comments. You do have a lot of patience. And since I have only been into Fieros for about 3 years I don't feel too bad then. But yours is very nice, maybe I'll see it at "Show Me Fieros" later this summer?

YellowRooster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2005 07:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for YellowRoosterSend a Private Message to YellowRoosterDirect Link to This Post
All I will say is -Awesome Rob. Wheels look great and so does your car!

Mike

John Boelte

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2005 07:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for John BoelteSend a Private Message to John BoelteDirect Link to This Post
Looks awesome! That was a long frustrating wait, but ti looks worth it!
MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2005 09:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post
Blake - If I don't get a better one by then... that's likely the one I'll use!

Joel/justa6 - I'm hoping for another one of those great evenings where a storm breaks right as the sun is setting... gotta get that low/golden angle!

jscott1- I try to be a patient person... and I get taunted (fun-spiritedly) by some of the local guys because it always seems like my projects are long-term (which they are... partially because I don't want a ton of debt at one time). I am planning on attending Dells Run, Summer Nationals ("Show Me Fieros" in MO), and Fierorama this summer - as well as some local shows if the time allows. So hopefully we'll see you in Osage Beach!

Fiero Finale/Yellow Rooster/John Boelte - Thanks all!

And for anyone who would like a higher resolution copy of that photoshopped image, here's a larger file that should work for most backgrounds: http://fiero.mn.org/MFF_Spring_2005/MinnGreenSpring2005Lg.jpg

[This message has been edited by MinnGreenGT (edited 05-24-2005).]

carolinajoe

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2005 10:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carolinajoeClick Here to visit carolinajoe's HomePageSend a Private Message to carolinajoeDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

Universal bolt pattern. R1 Racing are known for that. More aplications and less inventory.

I guess MinnGreen can attest To the More Applications and Less Inventory.
Or is it Less applications and Less Inventory.

They look GREAT I thought I all green cars were not my style but yours is an exception.
I wanted those scoops for mine but not sure when CS is comming here to the states and
I will be painting mine the end of this month.
I would've never had that much Patience with any company.

But Maybe after a few beers and abuncha Xanax I could have

[This message has been edited by carolinajoe (edited 05-24-2005).]

RCR

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2005 12:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCRDirect Link to This Post
The story was exiciting and kept me at the edge of my seat. The wheels really look great. It was a good choice and worth the effort in the end.

Bob

Voytek

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2005 02:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VoytekSend a Private Message to VoytekDirect Link to This Post
What a transformation!!

I've seen your car in person at the 20th, Rob.

I really liked it and was wondering when you'd get some wheels.

Well it lookse sweet!

Her86GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 53
Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2005 02:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Her86GTClick Here to visit Her86GT's HomePageSend a Private Message to Her86GTDirect Link to This Post
Rob they look awesome!
It's nice to find something that goes with the color scheme of the car. Looks as though they might be a pain in the butt to clean but I would still say they are worth it!

Becky

------------------

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock