Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  What a Difference Some Wheels Make! (Page 2)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
What a Difference Some Wheels Make! by MinnGreenGT
Started on: 05-23-2005 07:27 PM
Replies: 58
Last post by: F355spider on 11-02-2005 10:37 AM
Firefox

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 240
Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2005 10:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FirefoxSend a Private Message to FirefoxDirect Link to This Post
I'm glad that the paint hasn't fallen off yet.....

IP: Logged
pollock

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2005 10:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pollockSend a Private Message to pollockDirect Link to This Post
If you wondered how silver wheels would look on a forest green GT, here you go. I just put these on yesterday.

MinnGreenGT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2005 12:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post
caroliajoe - thanks! I'm happy to be the exception to your general "non-appeal" of green cars. As for CS - although simliar, my scoops are actually from www.fieroshop.com.au in Australia (always shipping to the US). They're great quality and include door & fender trim (which I didn't happen to use on my car). ...Beer & Xanax*, Scotch & Vioxx* - same difference *not recommend by physicians world wide!

RCR - glad you enjoyed my writing... I have a feeling that an edited version of this will likely end up in our MFF newsletter soon!

Voytek- I'm glad you liked the style at the 20th... I was very much going for that "work-in-progress" unpainted feel back then

Beck/Her86GT - Thanks, but I don't think they'll be any worse for cleaning (if not easier) than those stock lace wheels. I can't even count the number of times I've crushed a fingernail or two trying to clean the little divots in those things!

Fierfox - nope... it could use a bit of a wax & shine (which it'll get before Dells Run) - but it seems to be "sticking" just fine! Thanks in no small part to a quality painter using quality products with time-tested skills!

pollock - nice car... it's nice to see other people's takes on the whole "green" thing. I know there are a few floating around - just thankfully not in my area - LOL! I think that the green still works ok with silver accents (as opposed to mine in Gold) - as long as you have a gray interior. What color green is your GT anyway? I originally had mine painted ('96) using '95 GM Medium Metallic Green (courtsey of Corvettes of that time), with a gold pearl added. When repainted last year - I switched to the Jag color... which is extremely close, just a few shades different.

[This message has been edited by MinnGreenGT (edited 05-25-2005).]

carbon

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2005 09:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MinnGreenGT:

Beck/Her86GT - Thanks, but I don't think they'll be any worse for cleaning (if not easier) than those stock lace wheels. I can't even count the number of times I've crushed a fingernail or two trying to clean the little divots in those things!

Awwww... Rob broke a nail...

MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2005 10:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by carbon:

Awwww... Rob broke a nail...

Not so much "broke" - more like just "smooshed" a few (put a cleaning rag over your finger and push it through the openings to clean 'em... just watch out - there's a brake caliper back there too!). Don't worry, you've still got stock wheels - you'll understand someday!

carbon

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2005 11:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonDirect Link to This Post
But I never clean mine... Dang I am lazy...
GSXRBOBBY

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 105
Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2005 11:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GSXRBOBBYClick Here to visit GSXRBOBBY's HomePageSend a Private Message to GSXRBOBBYDirect Link to This Post
Glad to see you post Rob, its been awhile since I seen heard from you, but then again I just maybe looking at diiferent threads? The wheels look great for that one of a kind MinnGreenGT look!!!!

------------------
Bobby from NW Indiana
93 Northstar and 5 speed Getrag
219customs@verizon.net
My 86 GT build thread
MY 88 Northstar build thread

pollock

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2005 11:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pollockSend a Private Message to pollockDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the compliment. I wish my paint was in as good a condition as yours.

My dad bought this car from Up Front Fiero, a shop in Ft. Worth, back in 1992. It isn't a real GT. That shop had converted it and painted it this color. I don't know what color green it is, but the only car I can remember that had a similar color back then was the Pontiac Bonneville.

It had tan interior, and up until Monday, gray stock lace wheels. I had done a tweed headliner, firewall cover, and speaker grilles for him a few years ago.

I bought the car from Dad last year, and although the interior was still in great shape, I wanted something different. I had the seats redone in charcoal tweed, and did the headliner, speaker grilles, dash map pocket, and firewall cover to match. I'm still waiting on my upholstery guru buddy to finish my door panel map pockets. The rest of the interior, I either painted or swapped to get the charcoal color. The radio surround and shifter surround (which I re-made out of sheet metal) have been redone in vinyl and painted to match. Carpet, including the door panels, is charcoal loop.

I have some before-and-after interior shots at home. I'll post them tonight.

Voytek

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2005 02:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VoytekSend a Private Message to VoytekDirect Link to This Post

Voytek- I'm glad you liked the style at the 20th... I was very much going for that "work-in-progress" unpainted feel back then

Ok, so it lacked a little paint. I guess I liked where you were going with it (scoops, drop, etc).

I'll have to get some pics on here with my 1-month old 18's.

MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2005 11:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post
Looks like it's "wheel season" on the Forum - there must be at least a half dozen "New Wheel" Threads going right now!

Carbon - someday you'll clean your car & wheels... then you'll know!

GSXRBOBBY - Yeah, I've been doing more reading than posting lately... not much to say I guess

Pollock - sounds like you've got quite the project going there. As I mentioned earlier, I've owned & have been working on this car since late summer 1995... I'm not one to rush things But it does pay off in the end.

Voytek - LOL, it was good that some people were able to see where I was going with the car. It was strange how many people couldn't see past the primer! New wheels on your car as well? Cool!

Thanks everyone for your praise & comments!

Kameo Kid

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2005 11:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Kameo KidSend a Private Message to Kameo KidDirect Link to This Post

------------------

still plays with cars..

[This message has been edited by Kameo Kid (edited 05-26-2005).]

PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2005 03:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Revin - The story on the side skirts (slightly different than RM24 mentioned)... I've sent them to Gainesville Florida to an experimental aircraft company (partially owned & run by my cousin) - to be molded & reproduced. I'm hoping to have parts available in the next couple of months... full carbon fiber parts will be available as well (at a premium). I haven't made any official posts about 'em yet due to not knowing exact pricing and/or availability, but I have done some subtle pre-marketing-marketing. short enough for you?

Feel free to keep the comments coming!

Very interesting? I look forward to seeing them. I'm guessing they will be carbon "black"... right?

madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2005 02:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
Hey Minntgreen what the off-set on those new rims? 35 or 38mm?
MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2005 10:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

Hey Minntgreen what the off-set on those new rims? 35 or 38mm?

I was told that all the R1 wheels in this product line are 40mm offset...

Scott-Wa

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2005 01:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Scott-WaClick Here to visit Scott-Wa's HomePageSend a Private Message to Scott-WaDirect Link to This Post
Looks sweet... any idea how to get the excess gorilla snot off without destroying the wheel finish?
MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2005 03:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Scott-Wa:

Looks sweet... any idea how to get the excess gorilla snot off without destroying the wheel finish?

I hope no one else has this problem But I just carefully cut & scrape off the nasties... I may still have the wheels refinished at some point - but for now it's not really obvious to the casual observer.

fieroman22

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2005 08:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroman22Send a Private Message to fieroman22Direct Link to This Post
Man I remember looking at this car yrs ago on pennocks, and i always wanted mine to be close to it, and now look at it, its even better, havent seen it with all green paint and new rims. looks great.
MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2005 09:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroman22:

Man I remember looking at this car yrs ago on pennocks, and i always wanted mine to be close to it, and now look at it, its even better, havent seen it with all green paint and new rims. looks great.

Thanks!

F355spider

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2005 10:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderDirect Link to This Post
I just wanted to say I like them but as you know I think your car is very clean looking and has curb appeal. I still wish I had a set of them quarters and I'm glad you stayed with the gold.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock