Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Bought a 38 mile Fiero. Is it destine for parts? (Page 4)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
Previous Page | Next Page
Bought a 38 mile Fiero. Is it destine for parts? by chester
Started on: 07-01-2003 07:36 PM
Replies: 133
Last post by: jscott1 on 10-13-2003 02:33 PM
chester
From: State of insanity...moved in and comfortably numb...

Feedback score:    (42)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2003 10:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chesterSend a Private Message to chesterDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tryxalon:

Chester, what was the final situation on this car?

Have you sold it?

Yup gone a while ago.

Rob D.

IP: Logged
CoolBlue87GT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 151
Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2003 10:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTDirect Link to This Post
Did you get a good price for it ?

Was it anyone we know ?

Did you ever drive it ?

Convertable Indy

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2003 11:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Convertable IndySend a Private Message to Convertable IndyDirect Link to This Post
Hey, what did happen to this car?
Elvira

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2003 09:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ElviraSend a Private Message to ElviraDirect Link to This Post
A gentleman from LA bought it. He had us drive it around to put some miles on it and then we delivered it to his sister in CT. He flew in from LA and DROVE it back across country. From what we hear he made it fine and loves the car! It was his 60th birthday present! So it went to a very good home and is being very much enjoyed!

------------------
Elvira
President, New England Fiero Association (NEFA)
www.fieropride.com
www.dirtyratracing.org
Blue 87GT 5sp (TruBlu)
Black 86GT 5sp (The Dirty Rat)
84 Indy-19k&300HP SD4!
Maroon 88 T-top Formula (1988-2003 RIP)

Toddster

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 503
Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2003 12:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterDirect Link to This Post
HE DROVE IT!!!!

There are just some cars you don't drive and a new 20 year old car with original sticker is one of them!

Sheesh I'da bought it for car shows if I new someone was going to drive it all over creation and give it to his sister. Damn!

indydriver

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2003 01:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for indydriverSend a Private Message to indydriverDirect Link to This Post
Toddster,
YUP! I'm guilty! I picked up my new Fiero at my sister's home in Bridgewater, Connecticut and drove it all the way to my home in Los Angeles. Nice break-in drive don'tcha think? I made the drive in 9 days. Minus 2 days to visit in CT, 2 days in Lincoln, NE to visit my Dad and another sister, and 1 day in Las Vegas to visit my Mom. That's 4 days of driving to put 3,000 miles on it. I changed the oil in New York and in Nebraska. I had only wne mechanical problem. In New York, while having the oil changed at a Pontiac dealership, the mechanic noticed that the CV boot on the left rear was throwing alot of grease. It was a mess. So I had it replaced. By the way. You should have seen the look on the faces of everyone there. They thought I was out of some kinda timewarp. The car barely hae 500 miles on it.
When I got to Lincoln I wanted to get it up on a hoist to examine the CV again for peace of mind. Hoist fee was $50 so I just had the oil changed for $25 and snuck in to give it a quick eyeball while the oil was draining.
If you come down to Cambria on Nov. 8-9 for the get-together that Songman is organizing (https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/034394.html you might get a look at it.
Last weekend there was a vintage Pontiac show in Long Beach that I heard about (and showed up at)at the last minute. I've not had time to take care of the few flaws that the car has but it still shows nice. So a few of the So Cal Fiero folk have already had a look at her.
I can understand your dismay at my driving this car but I just cannot afford to put it into a museum. I am going to keep the miles low on it (there are 3,800 now) but make no mistake about it. I am going to drive it! Chester tried for some time to sell it and there were no takers that wanted to make a mantle-piece out of her. You Snooz You Lose!
Hope to see you in Cambria.
Dick
chester
From: State of insanity...moved in and comfortably numb...

Feedback score:    (42)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2003 01:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chesterSend a Private Message to chesterDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by indydriver:

Toddster,
YUP! I'm guilty! I picked up my new Fiero at my sister's home in Bridgewater, Connecticut and drove it all the way to my home in Los Angeles. Nice break-in drive don'tcha think? I made the drive in 9 days. Minus 2 days to visit in CT, 2 days in Lincoln, NE to visit my Dad and another sister, and 1 day in Las Vegas to visit my Mom. That's 4 days of driving to put 3,000 miles on it. I changed the oil in New York and in Nebraska. I had only wne mechanical problem. In New York, while having the oil changed at a Pontiac dealership, the mechanic noticed that the CV boot on the left rear was throwing alot of grease. It was a mess. So I had it replaced. By the way. You should have seen the look on the faces of everyone there. They thought I was out of some kinda timewarp. The car barely hae 500 miles on it.
When I got to Lincoln I wanted to get it up on a hoist to examine the CV again for peace of mind. Hoist fee was $50 so I just had the oil changed for $25 and snuck in to give it a quick eyeball while the oil was draining.
If you come down to Cambria on Nov. 8-9 for the get-together that Songman is organizing (https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/034394.html you might get a look at it.
Last weekend there was a vintage Pontiac show in Long Beach that I heard about (and showed up at)at the last minute. I've not had time to take care of the few flaws that the car has but it still shows nice. So a few of the So Cal Fiero folk have already had a look at her.
I can understand your dismay at my driving this car but I just cannot afford to put it into a museum. I am going to keep the miles low on it (there are 3,800 now) but make no mistake about it. I am going to drive it! Chester tried for some time to sell it and there were no takers that wanted to make a mantle-piece out of her. You Snooz You Lose!
Hope to see you in Cambria.
Dick

Nicely put Dick. Glad your enjoying her. I know I did the few miles I drove her.

Take good care of her! I know you will.

Rob D.

------------------

Big BAD V8!
Choptop in progress!
2.5" Drop
11" Brakes
17" Revolutions
RCC Coilover Suspension
Updated June 29 '03 www.dirtyratracing.org

[This message has been edited by chester (edited 10-13-2003).]

Monster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2003 01:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MonsterSend a Private Message to MonsterDirect Link to This Post
Good for you Indydriver! I was ready to buy her but wasn't positive that I'd have the funds in time, so I had to pass. My plan was to us her as a driver also since, although she was a low miler, she wasn't showroom pristine. I'm really glad that someone who cares is getting a chance to live, or relive what it is like to drive a new Fiero. Wish it was be me

If she had never been through the salvage yard & was completely intact, she might have been better as a trailer goddess, as some of the others are. But I think that this one is far happier as a cherished driver. Just as she was made to be

ENJOY!

DarkRain

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2003 02:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DarkRainSend a Private Message to DarkRainDirect Link to This Post
Oh darn, why do I always miss things like that?

I would've filled my pants if I found a 38 mile ANYTHING in the junkyards here, nevermind a Fiero. I'd keep it and trailer it, no matter what, haha.

sloth85GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2003 03:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sloth85GTSend a Private Message to sloth85GTDirect Link to This Post
It's almost a crime to put put 3000 miles on a 38 mile car..... Should have just trailered it home and then trailered it everywhere else! The 90 Prototype probably had more miles than that car!

------------------

Dan
1985 Silver GT

Selling my rebuilt and never run LT1, if interested email me dankuzma@hotmail.com.

Gordo

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2003 06:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GordoSend a Private Message to GordoDirect Link to This Post
Indydriver, good for you. I wouldn't have enough self control just to park it.

------------------

PFF
System Bot
CoolBlue87GT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 151
Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2003 06:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sloth85GT:..... Should have just trailered it home and then trailered it everywhere else!

Now who could do that ? ... lol

Doug Chase

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2003 02:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Doug ChaseSend a Private Message to Doug ChaseDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Toddster:

HE DROVE IT!!!!

There are just some cars you don't drive and a new 20 year old car with original sticker is one of them!

I disagree. ALL cars are made to be driven. Congratulations Indydriver, it looks like you got a heck of a nice car.

I'm glad you drove it back home.

------------------
Doug Chase
Chase Race
Custom roll cage fabrication available
Custom exhaust fabrication available
'87 Fiero SE V6 5-spd for sale $2200

jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2003 02:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post
Indydriver, you get a "+" from me. I admire someone who buys a low miles Fiero and drives the heck out of it.

I put 1500 miles on my first fiero the next few days after I bought it. But it was not a low miles Fiero. Someday I am going to buy a low miles Fiero out of someone's collection and put in a Firebird interior and a chop top and enjoy the heck out of it.

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock