Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Bought a 38 mile Fiero. Is it destine for parts? (Page 3)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
Previous Page | Next Page
Bought a 38 mile Fiero. Is it destine for parts? by chester
Started on: 07-01-2003 07:36 PM
Replies: 133
Last post by: jscott1 on 10-13-2003 02:33 PM
chester
From: State of insanity...moved in and comfortably numb...

Feedback score:    (42)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2003 10:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chesterSend a Private Message to chesterDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by CoolBlue87GT:

Chester, How long did they say it sat outside in the yard ?

Are the wheel center caps missing? Can't tell by the pic.

[This message has been edited by CoolBlue87GT (edited 07-04-2003).]

The car was at the yard for 2 weeks. Yes, the center caps are missing...

Rob D.

IP: Logged
JohnnyK

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 354
Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2003 02:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnnyKSend a Private Message to JohnnyKDirect Link to This Post
chester: I hope thats a joke man.. Honestly.. How much did you snag it for (PM me if you must)..
GT-X

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 106
Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2003 08:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GT-XSend a Private Message to GT-XDirect Link to This Post
hmmmm i just so happen to have a set of BRAND NEW still in the bags GM center caps

LMK
Tyler

------------------
85 LT4 GT
Custom Everything
in progress

NOS3800

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2003 05:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NOS3800Click Here to visit NOS3800's HomePageSend a Private Message to NOS3800Direct Link to This Post
Can you buy a car without getting a title or insurance? In my experience you have to have insurance on a vehicle before you take it home. Maybe thats just here in MD. This is a mystery why this carended up in a salvage yard. Makes you wonder how many like it were missed! Maybe it is the same car Tim spoke of and the owner died. And no family inherited it?!? No clue, just throwing out ideas. That car should be put in a museum so we know what a factory stock Fiero looked like from the ground up. Did it have the recall work done to it??
litespd

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 176
Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2003 07:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for litespdSend a Private Message to litespdDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by NOS3800:

Can you buy a car without getting a title or insurance? In my experience you have to have insurance on a vehicle before you take it home. Maybe thats just here in MD.

I'm guessing that's just an MD thing, at least the insurance part. Here in Nebraska, you get the title when you buy the car...at least, from a private owner. You don't need to insure it to buy it...you're covered for 30 days on your policy for your other cars... but you have to have proof of insurance before you can license it. The title is also needed for licensing...if you never plan to license it, you could get by without having a title, but I wouldn't advise it..

[This message has been edited by litespd (edited 07-05-2003).]

blackie2m6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2003 10:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackie2m6Click Here to visit blackie2m6's HomePageSend a Private Message to blackie2m6Direct Link to This Post
Hey Chester,

Not a bad find for a polak!!!!! hehe.

You have to be the luckiest F**ker around!!!

Enjoy and keep the pictures coming, I would like to see some of the interior. Please

------------------

Monster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2003 11:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MonsterSend a Private Message to MonsterDirect Link to This Post
NOS3800 - You don't have to have insurance here in MD to take it home or even to title it. You'll have to tow it home. You only have to have insurance to get tags (inspection or regular) before you can drive it anywhere. Friends & I have towed & titled and then insured enough in the last year

Sounds like Nebraska (& probably most other states) The insurance coverage beginning will vary from state to state & by insurance co. Just ask SmoooothGT - his didn't cover his new truck.

Having a title for a parts car is helpful (& necessary if you're going to have it towed away) otherwise a bill of sale & a sawzall will do the job.

Of course we won't get into the various MD jurisdiction's enforcement of unregistered vehicles visible from "common areas" rules.

[This message has been edited by Monster (edited 07-05-2003).]

chester

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2003 01:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chesterSend a Private Message to chesterDirect Link to This Post
Well it’s official. The car is legally mine. I had the VIN ran, came back clean. Since the public VIN was removed the state of NH issued a NH VIN on the car. It's now registered and inspected. The car will be for sale soon.

$6000 without seats as is.

$6500 with Mr. Mike’s leather installed.

Car needs a few things to be perfect. I have a wing that will go with it for the $6000.

Remember, this is a 38 mile car. Not 380 miles or 38,000 miles...38 miles! Basically BRAND NEW! That's less then half of the sticker price.

If interested contact me via email.

I also have the means to deliver this car for a fee.

Interior pics to come shortly.

Rob D.

chester

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2003 03:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chesterSend a Private Message to chesterDirect Link to This Post

chester

4063 posts
Member since Jun 2001
Here are some interior pics that people have been asking for. The Mr. Mikes leather seats really look nice in that interior. If I don't sell this car, it will be my daily driver. Always wanted a new Fiero!

Rob D.

------------------

383 V8 Finally Running!
2.5" Drop
11" Brakes
17" Revolutions
RCC Coilover Suspension
Updated June 29 '03 www.dirtyratracing.org

GT86

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2003 04:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GT86Send a Private Message to GT86Direct Link to This Post

$6000 without seats as is.

$6500 with Mr. Mike’s leather installed.

Dug through my couch cushions, but only came up with 81 cents, my remote, and an old Cheeto. We got a deal?

Seriously though, congrats on getting it titled. That's just a downright incredible find. <insert my jealousy here >

------------------
Brad
86 GT 5 speed
Aren't all Fieros project cars?

[This message has been edited by GT86 (edited 07-07-2003).]

88Fiero2M4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2003 04:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88Fiero2M4Click Here to visit 88Fiero2M4's HomePageSend a Private Message to 88Fiero2M4Direct Link to This Post
Do not part it out the yard may have bought it from a Salvage Auction. Klode's in Denver sells alot of stolen Recoverys. Alot of people out there believe it or not dont want there care back when they are recovered. the Insurance company is forced to Sell it at these Auto Auctions where they sell the Cars that are totaled in Wreaks. If I were you I would try to title that car I bet you can get it done as a Salvage. in fact I know you can.
Remember Restore them dont crush'em

------------------
Don Pottorff
Red 88 Fiero 2M4
Silver 86 Fiero 2M4

PFF
System Bot
chester

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2003 06:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chesterSend a Private Message to chesterDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 88Fiero2M4:

Do not part it out the yard may have bought it from a Salvage Auction. Klode's in Denver sells alot of stolen Recoverys. Alot of people out there believe it or not dont want there care back when they are recovered. the Insurance company is forced to Sell it at these Auto Auctions where they sell the Cars that are totaled in Wreaks. If I were you I would try to title that car I bet you can get it done as a Salvage. in fact I know you can.
Remember Restore them dont crush'em

No problem, read 3 posts up!

Rob D.

Fierokid87

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 80
Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2003 06:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierokid87Send a Private Message to Fierokid87Direct Link to This Post
I say keep it. I mean come on 38 miles. The engine has not even been broken in yet. i would keep it so i can say lookie what I have......a new Fiero.

------------------
Fierokid's baby:
R.I.P.V-6 Swap 1987 Blue Fiero
sport coupe

White 1988 Fiero Formula
AIM: Fierokid87
Rate Me Please

2.9L V-6: 2030 Compucam, Darrel Morse Fuel Presure Regulator, 9.5:1 comp, zeroed out ballanced crank, contecting rods matched, MSD 6A ignition box and Blaster GM style coil, Darrel Morse Bored out TB and intake, 19# Mustang Injectors, Removed TB coolant lines, Darrel Morse Dogbone strut, and more to come

chester

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2003 07:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chesterSend a Private Message to chesterDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fierokid87:

I say keep it. I mean come on 38 miles. The engine has not even been broken in yet. i would keep it so i can say lookie what I have......a new Fiero.

I'd love to keep it. I'd love to keep all the Fieros I see...but. It's this one or one of the others and I'm NOT parting with any of the others

Rob D.

Buy it...you know you want it...hehehee

avengador1

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 571
Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2003 07:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post
Put it on Ebay, with the reserve set at what you want to sell it for, and see how high it will go. Include the seats if you go this route.
chester

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2003 07:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chesterSend a Private Message to chesterDirect Link to This Post
That's whats going to happen I think. I figured that I'd give all the fine Fiero nuts here a chance to buy a nice NEW Fiero straight out instead of fighting over it on Ebay. Like I said, one week and off to Ebay land it goes...

Rob D.

fierobear

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 383
Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2003 09:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post
Congrats, Chester. Another Fiero saved from oblivion.
Fiero5

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 367
Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2003 08:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Direct Link to This Post
Hey Chester, can we come over and see?
We haven't done dinner in awhile

Steve

Fformula88

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2003 12:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fformula88Send a Private Message to Fformula88Direct Link to This Post
What an amazing find at a junk yard! I think I will head out now and go thru all the local yards here, looking for my very own new Fiero! Good luck on the sale, I am sure you can get your asking price!
roys88fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2003 12:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for roys88fieroClick Here to visit roys88fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to roys88fieroDirect Link to This Post
woow good job on that find!!! ur just like the guy who found a 50k fiero indy in a junk yard and saved it!!! There is alot of fieros on the junk yards here in tucson but i dont have ne money or space to put em in, plus they are torn down from all of the a$$wipes in the junkyard, ne ways thats a big + rating for you mannn u derserve it!!
vwaltdog

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2003 10:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for vwaltdogSend a Private Message to vwaltdogDirect Link to This Post
Did you sell this car yet? Keep us updated.
PFF
System Bot
chester

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2003 11:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for chesterSend a Private Message to chesterDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by vwaltdog:

Did you sell this car yet? Keep us updated.

Nope not yet. Have about 4 parties that are interested. I know its hard for some to come up with the $$$$ in this economy. I have do doubt it will sell. Worst case its Ebay bound, but not before I drive it!

On a good note, I now have functional door keys for the car. I just started her up and tried the A/C - it works! - ICE COLD! Don't want to have to roll the windows down and hurt that sticker any

Rob D.

------------------

383 V8 Finally Running!
2.5" Drop
11" Brakes
17" Revolutions
RCC Coilover Suspension
Updated June 29 '03 www.dirtyratracing.org

chester

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2003 11:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for chesterSend a Private Message to chesterDirect Link to This Post

chester

4063 posts
Member since Jun 2001

Originally posted by Fiero5:

Hey Chester, can we come over and see?
We haven't done dinner in awhile

Steve

Give me a call when you're ready...

Rob D.

chester

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2003 11:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for chesterSend a Private Message to chesterDirect Link to This Post

chester

4063 posts
Member since Jun 2001
Heres a shot of the engine compartment hosed off and with the Packard wires installed.

Rob D.

derangedsheep

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2003 11:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for derangedsheepSend a Private Message to derangedsheepDirect Link to This Post
Fiero5

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2003 12:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by chester:

Give me a call when you're ready...

Rob D.

Whatcha all doin' tonight?
Also, if you want to buy a couple 20th anniversary shirts I can bring a few with us too

Let me know about tonight and I can double check on my end too just to make sure.

See ya

Steve

chester

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2003 01:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chesterSend a Private Message to chesterDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero5:

Whatcha all doin' tonight?
Also, if you want to buy a couple 20th anniversary shirts I can bring a few with us too

Let me know about tonight and I can double check on my end too just to make sure.

See ya

Steve

We should be around. No need for the shirts as I'm not going .

Let me know.

Rob D.

JohnnyK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2003 01:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnnyKSend a Private Message to JohnnyKDirect Link to This Post
I don't get it. How long has it been in that junkyard? SHouldn't the engine be rusty? frame as well?
chester

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2003 01:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chesterSend a Private Message to chesterDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JohnnyK:

I don't get it. How long has it been in that junkyard? SHouldn't the engine be rusty? frame as well?

Car was there for 2 weeks and was removed from the yard to the owners home once he saw what it was. I'm assuming it got hauled in by one of the yard guys...

Rob D.

88Fiero2M4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2003 02:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88Fiero2M4Click Here to visit 88Fiero2M4's HomePageSend a Private Message to 88Fiero2M4Direct Link to This Post
Sure wish I had the 6500 I would take it off your hands. Meanwhile I found a 2.5L out of a Wrecked fiero with only 2000 miles on it. Dont think it would qualify as the car it is going in the odometer reads 115,000 miles on it. but still 2000 miles on the engine I found a great find as well

------------------
Don Pottorff
Red 88 Fiero 2M4
Silver 86 Fiero 2M4

JohnnyK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2003 03:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnnyKSend a Private Message to JohnnyKDirect Link to This Post
chester: How did it get there? Who brought it in?
PFF
System Bot
gpierce

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2003 03:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gpierceClick Here to visit gpierce's HomePageSend a Private Message to gpierceDirect Link to This Post
I'll take it.

Where do I send the money?

Should I fly out and drive it home? Hm, I think I may have to borrow the 6K though. Do you take American Express? I'm serious

GP

chester

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2003 03:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chesterSend a Private Message to chesterDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by gpierce:

I'll take it.

Where do I send the money?

Should I fly out and drive it home? Hm, I think I may have to borrow the 6K though. Do you take American Express? I'm serious

GP

$6500 cash and drive it home.

Rob D.

Fiero5

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2003 12:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Direct Link to This Post
Well, LVMY88 and myself went over to Chester and Elvira's place late yesterday afternoon to check out this "new" 86SE and then we all went out to dinner.
Here we are after just arriving as you can see the Gold 86 in the background on the trailer:

This 86 Fiero just looks incredible!
It's not very often you get to see an almost 20 year old car still brand new.

Looking at things like door jams, carpet, floor mats, radio trim, gas cover ring just to name a few everything is just imaculate!

Steve

------------------

Almost 400 pics of our 18 Fieros: http://www.cardomain.com/id/fiero5

[This message has been edited by Fiero5 (edited 07-11-2003).]

Fiero5

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2003 12:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Direct Link to This Post

Fiero5

8882 posts
Member since Jun 2000
Look at the rims. Incredible!

Whoever buys this sweet baby will not be disapointed.

A shot of Chester's spoiler on the V8 rat:

Shameless plug

Steve

[This message has been edited by Fiero5 (edited 07-11-2003).]

jelly2m8

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 243
Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2003 09:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jelly2m8Send a Private Message to jelly2m8Direct Link to This Post
I'm sitting here wondering why there are pictures of a green car in this tread?
fieromadman

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2003 11:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieromadmanClick Here to visit fieromadman's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieromadmanDirect Link to This Post
looks nice!! So what does it it need to be pristine? I noticed like all of the exterior emblems are missing.. the trunk will be needing.. well a new trunk.. what else is there?
chester

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2003 02:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for chesterSend a Private Message to chesterDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieromadman:

looks nice!! So what does it it need to be pristine? I noticed like all of the exterior emblems are missing.. the trunk will be needing.. well a new trunk.. what else is there?

Emblems, deck lid, spoiler and front driver fender.

I'll throw in a good spoiler that needs to be painted.

Rob D.

Tryxalon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2003 09:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TryxalonClick Here to visit Tryxalon's HomePageSend a Private Message to TryxalonDirect Link to This Post
Chester, what was the final situation on this car?

Have you sold it?

ig88vsbobafett

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2003 10:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ig88vsbobafettSend a Private Message to ig88vsbobafettDirect Link to This Post
I think he sold it

Originally posted by Tryxalon:

Chester, what was the final situation on this car?

Have you sold it?

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock