Started on: 12-06-2002 01:35 PM
Replies: 244
Last post by: FieroMaster88 on 08-18-2003 11:43 PM
jubjub2m6

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 137
User Banned

Report this Post01-14-2003 10:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jubjub2m6Click Here to visit jubjub2m6's HomePageSend a Private Message to jubjub2m6Direct Link to This Post
im totally interested...how much did ya say they were gonna be around?

------------------

86SE Gold 4spd Modified
VROOOOOOM!!

IP: Logged
Freshj

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2003 10:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FreshjSend a Private Message to FreshjDirect Link to This Post
Hey, if you could get the 4000 PPM working that would be sweet. I found that I have some problems with my 4T65 VSS to Fiero speedo, and it reads wrong, so if I get something to read directly off the trans it should work.

------------------
My karma ran over your dogma!

Visit my L67 swap page

GTFiero1

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2003 10:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTFiero1Send a Private Message to GTFiero1Direct Link to This Post
ill probably take one, how long do you plan on making them? hopefully its not a one time only run

------------------

--Adam--
1987 Blue GT 5-speed
IM AOL: GTFiero
Fiero mods almost done...i know that because im running out of possesions to sell for money

KlaX

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2003 11:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KlaXClick Here to visit KlaX's HomePageSend a Private Message to KlaXDirect Link to This Post
as always KlaX has money for nifty fiero gizmos, bring it on, blue please :P
Riceburner98

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 80
Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2003 11:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Riceburner98Send a Private Message to Riceburner98Direct Link to This Post
LOL... I'll be making them for a while.. Assuming I ever actually *start* making them.. Halfway through the re-design right now.. (It's almost midnight!) The prices are: Red - $55, Green - $58, Yellow - $58, and Blue - $67. That includes shipping in the US. 4,000 pulse/mile input should be no problem, and that will allow me to sell to many import guys as well, so I definitly want that!
Riceburner98

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2003 12:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Riceburner98Send a Private Message to Riceburner98Direct Link to This Post
Well, a quick update: The newly designed boards should be in today or tomorrow.(well, 12 at first, to make sure the design works) Then I think I'm going to order 200 of them.. Long term planning I guess... The enclosures have also arrived, I'm just waiting on the plastic lenses now.. I designed the new ones with everythign on one board, and so the mph/kph jumper will be accesable through a hole in the side of the enclosure. I *tried* to make it dimmable with the dash lights, but it just wouldn't work without some serious redesigning, so I did what I thought was the next best thing: For an extra $3 per unit, I can install a knob-adjustable dimmer that will stick out of the side of the enclosure next to the mph jumper. Couldn't find that part cheaper unfortunately. Or, for $1 extra, I can install a screwdriver-adjustable dimmer, that can be turned with a small screwdriver through the same hole. Guess the knob is expensive or something.. (it's a 1/4" shaft actually..) It dims from full brightness to almost off, so it should be useful. So... here are some pictures of the LED's in action. Kind of hard to tell the exact colors (bright lights, dark room...) but it's an idea. Here goes:
amber:
green:
red:
and blue:
As soon as I get the lenses these should be available!

------------------
Bob Williams
Multi-colored '87 Mutt, a work in progress! (Got my 3800SC, installation to start very soon!!!)

cjgable

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2003 12:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cjgableSend a Private Message to cjgableDirect Link to This Post
Looks great riceburner, I can't wait till I can get one! Is the Tach still a future add-on plan?

------------------
'87 2.8v6 5spd

fiero go fast

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2003 01:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero go fastSend a Private Message to fiero go fastDirect Link to This Post
You have a PM riceburner

------------------

Red 86 SE 2.8

Rate me if I've helped or just if you liked my responce.

Riceburner98

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2003 02:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Riceburner98Send a Private Message to Riceburner98Direct Link to This Post
The tach is still in the plans, but it will be a trade-in upgrade. Basically, send back the Speedo one, plus $$, and get a Tach/Speedo one. The boards have to be redesigned, for another chip and the extra #'s. But, for those that want the tach, it will be plug-and-play. I should explain: The connector I will be using is like a 1/8" stereo headphone plug/jack. For the speedo-only version, there will be a wire and a 3-prong plug coming out the bottom of the HUD enclosure, exactly the same as a headphone connector. (Don't plug in headphones though!!) For those that only want a speedo one, I'll ship a 3-prong 1/8" jack. For those that later want a tach, I will instead ship a 4-prong 1/8" jack, that will need to be installed in the back of the instrument pod. When wiring, you'll wire Power, Ground, Speedo signal, and Tach signal to the jack. When the speedo-only HUD is plugged into the 4-prong jack, it will ignore the Tach signal. But when the Tach version is later plugged in (with a matching 4-prong "headphone" connector) the HUD will already be getting the Tach signal, so it'll be "plug-and-play". Like Windows, only it won't crash. This will also make it very easy to remove the HUD when you don't want it displayed. I just got the first 12 boards in a couple of minutes ago, so I'm off to build a couple! Hope all goes well!

------------------
Bob Williams
Multi-colored '87 Mutt, a work in progress! (Got my 3800SC, installation to start very soon!!!)

GTDude

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 287
Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2003 12:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTDudeDirect Link to This Post
I still want a HUD unit as soon as you have them ready.........skyhawk@moonstar.com.

Will send money when you request it.

I want it in red.........Thanks

Phil

------------------
GTDude
OVER 27 years GM experience

California Kid

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2003 05:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidDirect Link to This Post
I'd be interested in an 'amber' mph unit as long as it reads past 120mph while hooked up to the standard wiring. Keep me in the loop on availability/cost/etc.

------------------

Click to Listen!

PFF
System Bot
WMac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2003 06:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WMacSend a Private Message to WMacDirect Link to This Post
Hey Riceman,
Sorry it took so long to get back with you, been out of town.
I need to know the exact size of the lens's and colors and quantity.
Jim stated that he would have to do these on his own time and would do them on a Saturday morning when the shop is closed so as to not tie up a machine during production hours. So let me know, and yes ill take one of the first ones but ill also be happy to pay for it as well, My offer on the lens's were to just help out a fiero friend, I don't expect it for free. But if you insisted I could be persuaded, I know that your trying to cover expenses. So anyway let me know

------------------

Riceburner98

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2003 08:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Riceburner98Send a Private Message to Riceburner98Direct Link to This Post
Now we're cooking! I built 2 of the boards, and they seem to work except for a small bug I have to track down.. The lenses are in the works, and the final enclosure looks pretty good! In the pics, the lens is most likely going to be a smoke-tinted plastic, this way I won't have to stock 4 different colors of plastic. Looks better in person than in the pic. The second picture is of the side with the brightness-adjustment, and the MPH/KPH jumper. For the dimmer, I think it's going to be this screwdriver-adjust type only (included in the price), because if I use the "shaft" one, it will probably stick out 1" or so from the box.. Might look bad. This one is right on the other side of the plastic, and really easy to adjust. Here's the pics:
Front (kind of grainy...sorry!)

And side:

------------------
Bob Williams

Fire451

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2003 08:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fire451Click Here to visit Fire451's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fire451Direct Link to This Post
I would definatly be interested in a Blue one but how much xtra to be shipped to canada?
Freshj

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2003 08:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FreshjSend a Private Message to FreshjDirect Link to This Post
Great Progress. Keep up the good work. I await mine anxiously

------------------
My karma ran over your dogma!

Visit my L67 swap page

Riceburner98

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2003 09:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Riceburner98Send a Private Message to Riceburner98Direct Link to This Post
It probably won't be any extra to ship to Canada. Maybe an extra dollar, but probably not. I can probably ship these in a large padded envelope (Priority Flat-Rate), which is the same price across the US, and sending an actual box under 1 pound to Canada is only about $.50 more than that.. So should be the same!
Fire451

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2003 09:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fire451Click Here to visit Fire451's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fire451Direct Link to This Post
Sweet... what is the best way to get you the money for these?
Tina

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2003 10:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TinaSend a Private Message to TinaDirect Link to This Post
One red for me please.
LMK where and when to send the $'s.

Tina

Riceburner98

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2003 11:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Riceburner98Send a Private Message to Riceburner98Direct Link to This Post
Paypal to "riceburner98@attbi.com" would be the best (fastest) way to do it, but checks and money orders are cool of course. I still want to hold off on taking money until I'm ready for production, but will need to before I can order the LED's. (those cost a few $$) I've got to test it a little more, and make sure the plastic lenses are going to come in, then it will be ready. I've got to figure out that "stereo" connection too... I found out that each pair of plug / jacks is a little over $4.00! That may have to be an option for extra $$... Have to figure that out. But, I finally have a completed enclosure in front of me, which is great! I'll keep everyone updated as to when / where the cash should flow. Thanks!!

------------------
Bob Williams

litespd

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 176
Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2003 12:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for litespdSend a Private Message to litespdDirect Link to This Post
Count me in for a red one, upgradeable to a speedo/tach unit. Looks like an excellent project, Bob...keep me informed!
Beeker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2003 01:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BeekerSend a Private Message to BeekerDirect Link to This Post
Im interested in one. Plz Email tjwenger@attbi.com. Thanx!
PFF
System Bot
fieroscotty

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2003 11:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroscottySend a Private Message to fieroscottyDirect Link to This Post
HI, i like to get a blue one please,you said you were going to start a list,are you going to go in the order of the list to sell them.thanks scotty
88CoupeV6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2003 11:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 88CoupeV6Click Here to visit 88CoupeV6's HomePageSend a Private Message to 88CoupeV6Direct Link to This Post
Maybe you will have some ready to bring to the NEFA Swap meet

------------------
Josh Join us for FINE 2003

Come to NEFA's swap meet

Riceburner98

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2003 01:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Riceburner98Send a Private Message to Riceburner98Direct Link to This Post
Good idea about the swap meet.. Probably won't have my Fiero running by then, but I could come by anyway. As for the list - I should have them all available at pretty much the same time, or within a week of each other, so whichever order people pay in they will go out. I do still have the list of everyone that's posted here and wants one, or has emailed or PM'd me, just waiting 'till they are ready before putting it up for payment. Thanks everyone!
Fire451

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2003 05:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fire451Click Here to visit Fire451's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fire451Direct Link to This Post
How are these comming?
JKFIERO

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2003 07:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JKFIEROSend a Private Message to JKFIERODirect Link to This Post
RiceBurner98

Will you be going to Carlisle, and if so, will you have any 'Extra" units with you?
Also, If I want both the tach and speedo, would it be better/easier for either me or you, to buy the speedo unit now, or just wait for the dual units?
Thanks

------------------
Jim
www.jkfiero.com

Coop9200

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2003 08:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Coop9200Click Here to visit Coop9200's HomePageSend a Private Message to Coop9200Direct Link to This Post
if you plan on going to the swap meet at kick hill, i'll definetly be there, probably with some money in hand also

-Coop

------------------

Elenor84

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2003 09:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Elenor84Click Here to visit Elenor84's HomePageSend a Private Message to Elenor84Direct Link to This Post
Bump to the top, man I want one of those blue ones! Keep us informed.

------------------

fiero go fast

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2003 09:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero go fastSend a Private Message to fiero go fastDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JKFIERO:

RiceBurner98

Will you be going to Carlisle, and if so, will you have any 'Extra" units with you?
Also, If I want both the tach and speedo, would it be better/easier for either me or you, to buy the speedo unit now, or just wait for the dual units?
Thanks

The way it sounded when i talked to him about it, he would include everything to hook it up for a tack/speedo (that is if you wanted a tack). Then later you just send the speedo back with some money and you get a speedo tack to replace it. And since you already did all the wiring, its plug and play. Don't quote me on this.
Matt

------------------

Red 86 SE 2.8

Rate me if I've helped or just if you liked my responce.

Riceburner98

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2003 02:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Riceburner98Send a Private Message to Riceburner98Direct Link to This Post
Fiero go fast is right, as long as you install the "tach and speedo" jack when you do the installation, it would be a 5 second job later to replace the speedo version with a speedo / tach version. Just unplug the old and plug in the new. I don't think I'm going to make it to Carlisle this year, but I'm not 100% sure on that. Just really busy with moving in to the new house. I finally got my internet connection up and running today, 1 week without internet, and I'm going through withdrawals... I hope to be at the swap meet at Kick Hill, that's in April, right? God I hope I have these done by then! It's just that my place is a mess still, and unpacking is taking a back seat to fixing things that need fixing... Like a leaking toilet. Not a good thing. But yeah, I'll get these going soon. I'm ready to order the final (and I mean final!) circuit board (200 of them!) as soon as I get the things unpacked and do a final check of the design. (here's a pic of the design
MNFiero3800

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2003 04:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MNFiero3800Send a Private Message to MNFiero3800Direct Link to This Post
Please email me when you get these ready to sell, I'm interested in a blue one. What is the final price for a blue one (shipped) with speedo and tach?

Can this be made to connect directly to my 4t65E speed signal output? I have a WCF speedo recal. box in my car now and the speedo, as the car goes faster, is not even close to right.

Lyle
lsvendsen2002@yahoo.com

PFF
System Bot
CTFieroGT87

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 59
Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2003 06:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CTFieroGT87Send a Private Message to CTFieroGT87Direct Link to This Post
I hope you have some of these at Kick Hill! I'll definitely want you show me how to put it in!

------------------
Christian Thomas
87 Pontiac Fiero GT Maroon/Silver

Riceburner98

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2003 11:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Riceburner98Send a Private Message to Riceburner98Direct Link to This Post
Hehe... I won't have my Fiero there, but I'm sure someone wouldn't mind being demonstrated on....... It is in April, right? I'll try to be there, or to send them along with someone that'll be there at least...
dizmon_85GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2003 10:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dizmon_85GTSend a Private Message to dizmon_85GTDirect Link to This Post
I still want a red one with the tach. option. Do you have any updates on your progress? Do you want the money in advance and have you arrived at a price? Can't wait to install this outstanding add-on item!!! Thanks in advance.
MikeH

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2003 01:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MikeHSend a Private Message to MikeHDirect Link to This Post
I also would be very interested in having my name added to the list-- sounds like a very neat item.

------------------
Mike

Paul Taylor

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2003 01:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Paul TaylorClick Here to visit Paul Taylor's HomePageSend a Private Message to Paul TaylorDirect Link to This Post
Well i definately want a Red Speedo one.
Please let me know the total cost including shipping to the UK. An extra 10 dollars ??.

Mail me on.
paul.taylor@lo-q.com
I can pay by paypal.

Many Thanks,

------------------
Regards,

Paul Taylor, England.
85 GT, 2.8 V6.

Quad GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2003 09:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Quad GTSend a Private Message to Quad GTDirect Link to This Post
Looks Good!!!!
You can count me in for a red one!!
Riceburner98

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2003 10:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Riceburner98Send a Private Message to Riceburner98Direct Link to This Post
Hi guys! Been a while.. For those that asked, prices are up around 1/2 way down this page (if this is page 3 anyway), and include shipping in the US. UK will probably only be another few $, but I'd have to check to be sure. I'm hesitant to take any money yet, I did accept money from someone already, and it's been a while and he still doesn't have the units... I don't want to end up having people's money and not have the product. It was supposed to be 100% DONE soo long ago now... If I hadn't moved, I'm sure they would be. With that said, I'm going to build one tonight (like I was supposed to do a month ago!) to check the design of the board for the last time before submitting that board file for 200 boards. Here's a picture of what I'm involved with at the moment... It looks a little better now, I'm actually sitting on my bed now! And my electronics bench is moved to where it should be and is somewhat cleared off. Here goes! Crazy! We just had a heating system installed, and I had to move *everything* away from the walls so they could put in the baseboard heat. (now that it's warming up outside!!) Finally getting a little organized, I need to get back on track. Of course the disc sander I ordered more than a month ago from Harbor Freight is still on backorder... Need it to make the plexiglass lenses. Argh! I'll post an update when I build the test unit and a pic of it. HOPEFULLY by tomorrow!!!!

------------------
Bob Williams
Multi-colored '87 Mutt, a work in progress! (Got my 3800SC, installation in progress!!!)

TK

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 200
Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2003 11:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TKSend a Private Message to TKDirect Link to This Post
Hey Bob, being homeless is no excuse! I suggest you set up your bench in the snow and get with it!

Just kidding, been there.

musicman_L7

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2003 12:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for musicman_L7Send a Private Message to musicman_L7Direct Link to This Post
Bob, I'm interested in one of the speedo only kits... I just can't decide what color, amber or red? I should have that decided once they're done... Shoot me an email once they're available.

------------------
Nic

On it's way to Sluppy123's for a new (to me) engine. Then, off to the alignment shop!

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 7 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock