Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Let find the best darn photo of a stock Fiero (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
Previous Page | Next Page
Let find the best darn photo of a stock Fiero by skitime
Started on: 12-23-2002 10:44 AM
Replies: 125
Last post by: skitime on 02-27-2003 01:01 PM
skitime

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 332
Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2002 10:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for skitimeSend a Private Message to skitimeDirect Link to This Post
We have a lot of awesome Fieros here. I myself have a highly modified Fiero. I would love to see some awesome photos of TOTALLY stock Fieros. Please do not post any photos if there is anything non-stock on the car including wheels. Surely we have some shots that would look great in the a Fiero new car brochure. Remember don't post if anything is visible that is not stock! We could include totally stock interiors and totally stock engines as well.

I will start the postings with our 88 GT that we show in the stock 88 GT classes. The lighting was perfect but I wish I had less cluttered backgroud.

------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Red 88 GT T-Top 3800 Supercharged
White 88 GT Stock
Please give me a rating if you appreciate my contribution.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
kslish

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2002 12:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kslishSend a Private Message to kslishDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by kslish (edited 12-23-2002).]

arte444

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 151
Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2002 12:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for arte444Send a Private Message to arte444Direct Link to This Post

Larger one @ http://ericpp.dhs.org:8000/~arte/graphic_org_pub.jpg
IMO

------------------
-Kyle
Aim: Littlechugger
1987 Fiero Notchback 4cyl.
1990 POS Cavalier

Poncho Jim

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2002 01:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Poncho JimClick Here to visit Poncho Jim's HomePageSend a Private Message to Poncho JimDirect Link to This Post
Here's my 88 Coupe.. Absolutely fully stock. Even has the stock radio and Delco battery. 62,000 miles. Only thing not original are the tires. That was as she sat when I got it last spring.

Since then, I've added a factory spoiler and replaced the hinges in the driver's door..

Poncho Jim

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2002 01:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Poncho JimClick Here to visit Poncho Jim's HomePageSend a Private Message to Poncho JimDirect Link to This Post

Poncho Jim

869 posts
Member since Mar 2000

Originally posted by arte444:

Larger one @ http://ericpp.dhs.org:8000/~arte/graphic_org_pub.jpg
IMO

That's gotta be a prototype mockup.. The side vent and grill are wrong and it has the snowflake rims that were optional on the late 70/early 80 Firebirds..

billfredmike24

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2002 01:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for billfredmike24Click Here to visit billfredmike24's HomePageSend a Private Message to billfredmike24Direct Link to This Post
my old 85gt, now sailordude's.
LZeitgeist

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 126
Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2002 01:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LZeitgeistSend a Private Message to LZeitgeistDirect Link to This Post
I'll be glad to post a couple pics of mine ... I know I have a few on my hard drive taken before I swapped over to a Pontiac/Delco CD player and added the custom 'FORMULA' decal across the top of the windshield.

I'll dig around and see if I can find them.

O.K., it's not perfect, but close.

------------------
Patrick W. Heinske -- LZeitgeist@aol.com
1988 Red Fiero Formula
- 1st Place - Stock Coupe - FOCOSEVA 2000
- 3rd Place - Stock Formula - FOCOA Nat'l 2001
- Class Winner - 1982 to Present - Tarheel Tigers All-Pontiac Show 2001
- Class Winner - Fiero: All Years - Tarheel Tigers All-Pontiac Show 2002

[This message has been edited by LZeitgeist (edited 02-27-2003).]

mrfiero

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 149
Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2002 01:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfieroSend a Private Message to mrfieroDirect Link to This Post
*edit*

[This message has been edited by mrfiero (edited 12-23-2002).]

emars

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2002 02:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for emarsClick Here to visit emars's HomePageSend a Private Message to emarsDirect Link to This Post
BUTT-ASS STOCK! (and you're gonna get the big picture here, too!)

------------------

1985 Fiero SE V6

86fieroEarl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 117
Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2002 03:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fieroEarlSend a Private Message to 86fieroEarlDirect Link to This Post
Nice fieros

[This message has been edited by 86fieroEarl (edited 12-23-2002).]

FieroMGDriver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2002 04:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMGDriverSend a Private Message to FieroMGDriverDirect Link to This Post
All stock 87 GT when the picture was taken. I have a windshield sticker now, Delco CD player, but other than that the exterior is bone stock.

------------------

AIM: FieroMGDriver

PFF
System Bot
RDosdorian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2002 04:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RDosdorianSend a Private Message to RDosdorianDirect Link to This Post

1988 GT - 3,229 miles

------------------

tgowens

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2002 04:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tgowensClick Here to visit tgowens's HomePageSend a Private Message to tgowensDirect Link to This Post
Here is a stock gold '87 GT. The seat covers are covering excellent condition GT seats to protect them....

AusFiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2002 05:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AusFieroClick Here to visit AusFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to AusFieroDirect Link to This Post
Well here is mine parked near the lake down the road. It doesn't show up in the pictures but the ground effects and wheel centres have a pearl overlay.

------------------

The Fiero Shop International

Phil

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2002 05:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilSend a Private Message to PhilDirect Link to This Post
Aus --- he said bone stock- that ain't
p4n1c

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2002 06:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for p4n1cSend a Private Message to p4n1cDirect Link to This Post
Stock 86 SE

------------------

Mike Murphy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2002 06:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mike MurphySend a Private Message to Mike MurphyDirect Link to This Post
Ok ARTE44 nice try but that's a clay mockup with the guys in design staff with Hulki, Mike Pitera, Chuck Jordan and few others I can't remember their names.

Mike Murphy
DSM PMD
St. Louis & Portland Zones 82-87

The Prezzzz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2002 09:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for The PrezzzzClick Here to visit The Prezzzz's HomePageSend a Private Message to The PrezzzzDirect Link to This Post
here is my 87 stock GT

------------------
The Prezzz

skitime

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2002 10:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skitimeSend a Private Message to skitimeDirect Link to This Post
OK, Let me explain what I am looking for again. I was hoping for high quality pictures that could easily of been used in a Fiero new car brochure. I have taught photography for several years so let me evaluate some of them as if I am grading them in my class. The hands down winner so far is emars. He gets an A+. Nice shot good composition and lighting. Second place so far is RDosdorian. He gets a B+. Good pic but the lighting is washed out on the street. Next is FieroMGDriver. He get a B. Good potential but the garbage cans on the curb detract from the shot. Probably should of been shot futher back in the diveway. Next I would include AusFieros second shot. He blew the assignment since it was not stock but since he has so few Fieros to choose from I will give him credit for a nice shot. C+. Next I would include klish picture but lighting is poor on that otherwise nice shot. OK the rest are nice Fieros but you missed the assignment. A picture of your car in a driveway with oil spots or a parking lot with other cars would not be in a new car brochure. Pay attention to the background. A plain field would not be interesting. Pics should be clean, sharp focus and interesting. Lets get some more. Hope not to offend anyone. Just trying to have fun.
FIEROFLYER

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 180
Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2002 10:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROFLYERSend a Private Message to FIEROFLYERDirect Link to This Post
skitime sent you an email of an original type brochure well actually a football schedule. would of put it up myself but I have had no luck with my computer and this PIP thing.
skitime

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2002 10:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skitimeSend a Private Message to skitimeDirect Link to This Post
Here what FIEROFLYER sent me. It is a nice action shot but I do not believe he took it so it would not qualify.

OK he sent me a second one that he did take himself. The poles need to be edited out to improve it. Nice Fiero though.

[This message has been edited by skitime (edited 12-23-2002).]

PFF
System Bot
Coupe85

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2002 10:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Coupe85Send a Private Message to Coupe85Direct Link to This Post
I have a great pic of an 84 Sport Coupe, but PIP won't allow me to post it because it is too wide. I can email it to someone if they know how to reduce the size without deminishing the quality.

------------------

Check out my website...
www.localline.com/~dlcrim
1985 Sport Coupe
1988 Formula

crazyd

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 140
Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2002 10:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for crazydClick Here to visit crazyd's HomePageSend a Private Message to crazydDirect Link to This Post
Actually, I can't see why you guys are nitpicking about Aus's car. The wheels are stock, just as you asked, and the paint effects wouldn't even have been noticeable in the photo if not for Aus's mentioning them. His pic gets the thumbs-up from me.

One trick I've noticed in brochure photos is that they usually black out the glass. Not necessary here, just one of the ways they make them look so dramatic. The tires are always polished black too. Gray tires lose points!

Dave

JetroGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2002 11:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JetroGTSend a Private Message to JetroGTDirect Link to This Post

------------------

[This message has been edited by JetroGT (edited 12-23-2002).]

skitime

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2002 11:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skitimeSend a Private Message to skitimeDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Coupe85:

I have a great pic of an 84 Sport Coupe, but PIP won't allow me to post it because it is too wide. I can email it to someone if they know how to reduce the size without deminishing the quality.

You can email them to me and I will post them. skitime@ptd.net

RAREW66

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 78
Rate this member

Report this Post12-24-2002 12:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RAREW66Click Here to visit RAREW66's HomePageSend a Private Message to RAREW66Direct Link to This Post
Here are a couple of my Blue GT taken in July at the Michigan Fiero Show in Frankenmuth.

------------------
Fred Bartemeyer
Chairman Heartland Fieros
http://www.heartlandfieros.com
86 GT 4spd 26k miles
87 GT 5spd. Blue 37k miles
88 Silver T-Top Formula 266,000 miles
87 GT 5 spd Annette's Sunshine Driver
88 GT 5 spd Annette's Daily Driver

AusFiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post12-24-2002 12:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AusFieroClick Here to visit AusFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to AusFieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Phil:

Aus --- he said bone stock- that ain't

Well it is besides the grouind effects and wheel centres.
Well ok, and the front marker lights and the RHD conversion but they are considered stock here

RossT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post12-24-2002 12:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RossTClick Here to visit RossT's HomePageSend a Private Message to RossTDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by RossT (edited 12-24-2002).]

turbotoad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-24-2002 12:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for turbotoadSend a Private Message to turbotoadDirect Link to This Post
Totally stock 88' w/28,500 miles.
emars

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-24-2002 12:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for emarsClick Here to visit emars's HomePageSend a Private Message to emarsDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the kind words, skitime. I went out one day just to take pics of my car -- I always do when I get a new toy. I've got a lot more where that came from! Here's another for all you "bone-stock 85 SE V6" fans.

CoolBlue87GT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-24-2002 02:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by CoolBlue87GT (edited 12-24-2002).]

PFF
System Bot
stevenrossi

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 126
Rate this member

Report this Post12-24-2002 02:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for stevenrossiSend a Private Message to stevenrossiDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RAREW66:

Here are a couple of my Blue GT taken in July at the Michigan Fiero Show in Frankenmuth.

Why do i get the impression that that car had a LeBra on for a while? or many a nose lift...somethings different about that front fascia

------------------
Steven Rossi
2M4 Cadero Converted to Aero Notch Back
Visit my website at http://members.rogers.com/jrossi
E-mail me with any questions at steven.rossi@rogers.com
Please rate me if you appreciate my contribution to the Forum

Kelvin Vivian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-24-2002 04:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Kelvin VivianSend a Private Message to Kelvin VivianDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by emars:

Thanks for the kind words, skitime. I went out one day just to take pics of my car -- I always do when I get a new toy. I've got a lot more where that came from! Here's another for all you "bone-stock 85 SE V6" fans.

I'm a fan of stock Fieros and I love your 85 SE V6 emars... It's PURE Fiero... Do not change a thing...

kv

------------------

CoolBlue87GT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-24-2002 07:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTDirect Link to This Post
Hi skitime,

Great idea. Boy, there's some nice stock example's posted already. They look great.

Here's my 1987 GT, w/1700 miles.

------------------

www.centralfloridafieros.com/Coolblue87GT.htm

Mickey_Moose

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 143
Rate this member

Report this Post12-24-2002 09:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Mickey_MooseClick Here to visit Mickey_Moose's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mickey_MooseDirect Link to This Post
a few pictures of another stock 88 GT

Tim

[This message has been edited by Mickey_Moose (edited 12-24-2002).]

skitime

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-24-2002 10:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for skitimeSend a Private Message to skitimeDirect Link to This Post
OK Let me be presumptuous to continue evaluating the submitted photos.

JetroGT- Pic 1 That is a great shot, Grade=A the overhead wires need to be edited out but definitely a brochure shot. Professionally they would of had a reflector off camera to help light up the front of the car.
Pic 2 background too distracting.

RARE66 Pic 1&2 Grade=A- Both pics have the color not quite right. Good composition but you should of not centered the car in the center of the picture. If the car was off center in the lower left corner it would on made the setting more dramatic.

RossT - I am a little bias towards these pics since I had used them to inspire me to bring my 88 GT t-top from rough condition. These had actually been my wallpaper in the past. OK let me evaluate them. Grade=A- The car should of been in the sun but the backdrop is perfect. This appears to have been taken with a wide angle lens which endangers distorting the subject. In the second pic the rear quarter was distorted because it was too close to the camera.

Turbotoad - Grade=B- This was an interesting angle. It became a victim of poor focusing. If you notice the depth of field or the area of sharp focus is in front of the car which caused blurring in the back of the car. Opening the camera to a larger lens opening would on helped.

emars #2 Another great shot Grade A+ Simple clean shot. The stark bark ground enhances the clean lines of the car. Sharp focus was a little ahead of the car.

CoolBlue Cool you cheat because you are using a new Fiero. haha
Pic 1 Grade=A Good shot the white box in the side window detracts from being a brochure shot.
Pic 2 Grade=A- Two things that would improve it would of been a polarized filter to bring out the clouds and to place the car in the lower left corner of the pic. Now that I see that same white square in the passenger window I realized it is the new car window sticker. Course that would have to be removed for brochure pics.
Pic 3 Grade=A This is a great shot. Color appears to be off a little. The car should of been lower in the photo and the car across the street should of been missing. This beautifully sets the feeling that the Fiero is a very classy car. Nice job!
Pic4 Grade=C+ Interesting setting but the cars in the background should be missing.
Pic5 Grade=C Course the Steering wheel cover would not be in the brochure and the lighting is too dark.
Pic5 Grade=C Of course it is absolutely stock but the lighting is too bright and washed out the color and some detail.

Micky_Moose Pic1 Grade=A Great shot. Again to improve it you should not center the car and it needed light in the foreground. Definitely a good shot though and the colors are perfect for the color of the car.
Pic2 Grade=B+ Pretty much the same problem as the first but had the potential of being perfect. Lighting is the problem which would of required to setting and locking the camera for lighting of the foreground instead of averaging the lighting for the whole picture which is how most cameras would handle this situation.
Pic3 Grade=A- Another picture that works perfect for the color of the car and background. This picture should of been framed with the car in the lower right corner. If you look at it and crop the pic so the car is in the lower right you will see what I mean.

Great pics everyone. I hope nobody is offended by my comments. I am only doing this for fun. Just a little of the photography teacher in my coming out.

SLAMMED87GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 72
Rate this member

Report this Post12-24-2002 10:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SLAMMED87GTSend a Private Message to SLAMMED87GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by stevenrossi:

Why do i get the impression that that car had a LeBra on for a while? or many a nose lift...somethings different about that front fascia

Steve- The car does in fact have a "bra" on it! They made a plastic type of cover that went over the fascia to act as a bra would. I have not seen this on any other Fiero, it is pretty uncommon. Nice car Fred!

------------------
'87GT 6" Drop, Can you say "Bagged"? Pictures and Details Coming Soon!

'87 blue cp- Yah!
'91 Eclipse- Lowered 2.5"
'91 Beretta GT- FOR SALE

fieros only

jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post12-24-2002 11:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post
I withdraw my entry after reading the rules again. I wish I had a nice stock picture but I don't.

My vote goes to RossT, I think it's the most awesome example of a Red 88GT. It was his car that inspired me to get a red 88GT. Now if only mine could shine like that again...

[This message has been edited by jscott1 (edited 12-24-2002).]

RossT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post12-24-2002 11:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RossTClick Here to visit RossT's HomePageSend a Private Message to RossTDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Ski and Jscott! Actually I did not use a wide angle lens. Just a bone stock digital camera. I think the shadows from the trees is making it look that way. At first I thought the pics were bad because of the lighting, but after looking at them for a while, The lighting adds to the car IMHO!

The first shot I had mingreengt blow up to poster size. Looks good that way too.

I like the ones from coolblue!!

Ski, you need to start a seperate thread for interior and engine compartment pics. My dialup is freeking out. This was a great idea. I know that we all love to customize are cars, but sooner or later there won't be any stock cars left.

The cars that have lots of miles and are maintained GM stock HAVE MY GREATIST RESPECT!!!

sailordude

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-24-2002 12:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sailordudeClick Here to visit sailordude's HomePageSend a Private Message to sailordudeDirect Link to This Post
Hey Skitime, I think that Billfredmike's is the best....but I'm a little biased
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock