Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Let find the best darn photo of a stock Fiero (Page 4)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
Previous Page | Next Page
Let find the best darn photo of a stock Fiero by skitime
Started on: 12-23-2002 10:44 AM
Replies: 125
Last post by: skitime on 02-27-2003 01:01 PM
Garethster

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2003 12:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GarethsterSend a Private Message to GarethsterDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the offer on scaling etc., MinnGreenGT -- I got all the toys, just don't know how to use them yest
IP: Logged
FieroMonkey

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2003 01:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMonkeySend a Private Message to FieroMonkeyDirect Link to This Post

My two stock babys

EDIT: fixed a booboo

[This message has been edited by FieroMonkey (edited 02-27-2003).]

Monza76

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2003 09:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Monza76Click Here to visit Monza76's HomePageSend a Private Message to Monza76Direct Link to This Post
FieroMonkey I am not going to rate your pictures but I do offer one suggestion, the white car (an Indy?) has a pole growing out of it I still have trouble checking my backgrounds as well, we tend to forget that the camera sees what the brain ignores. Nice cars.

Ira

skitime

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 332
Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2003 11:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for skitimeSend a Private Message to skitimeDirect Link to This Post
I can't belive we are on to page four with this thread. Let me explain again what I am doing in this thread. I have taught photography for several years. I am evaluating the photos in regards to their photography only. Think of this as we are trying to find great shots that would be worthy of being in a Fiero new car brochure. So the cars would have to be totally stock. I do not intend to offend anyone. I am only evaluating the photograph. You interpretation may be different but we are trying to learn to take better pictures of our cars.

FieroMonkey Indy Pic Grade=C This shot has the feeling of a snapshot. You need to take the car to a less distracting location. Monza76 was correct about the pole. Another important thing is to set the wheels for the best shot. Whenever I am taking photographs instead of snapshots I always turn the front wheel so it is about 90 degrees to the camera. It shows off the wheel so much better.
Formula Picture Grade=C This is another snapshot. You really need to take the cars out to a setting that enhances the cars. BTW nice collection of Fieros.

------------------

Red 88 GT T-Top 3800 Supercharged
White 88 GT Stock
Please give me a rating if you appreciate my contribution.

Hartz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2003 12:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HartzSend a Private Message to HartzDirect Link to This Post
I know it's not stock, but I'd be honored to have Ski grade the photos for composition, lighting, etc. Please pretty please?

Hartz

skitime

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 332
Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2003 01:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skitimeSend a Private Message to skitimeDirect Link to This Post
Hartz Pic1 OK not stock but let me talk about them. These are both good pics. This first one helps me make a point I was refering to on the Indy pic above. Notice how the front wheel is slightly turned so the wheel is facing the photographer. This greatly helps the pic and gives the feeling of action. Now the problem with your first pic it is slightly fuzzy or out of foucus perhps caused by change media or resizing. Also notice the strong light refection on the windshield. If a polarized filter was used it would greatly reduce this reflection.

Pic 2 I really like this pic. It is well lit and you can easily see the slight contours of the body. Ususally it is suggested to take photographs early or late in the day but here is a good example of a great shot in the mid day. The crisp lines of the body nicely contrast with the foilage of the background. The building and background give it a feeling of a car of the wealthy. Good job.

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock