Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  You can now preorder your EL Guages here ! ! (Page 4)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
Previous Page | Next Page
You can now preorder your EL Guages here ! ! by Dan Robinson
Started on: 09-08-2002 02:08 AM
Replies: 157
Last post by: Fino on 10-10-2002 05:55 AM
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 699
Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2002 02:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockDirect Link to This Post
Hmmm. I have no use for the HVAC also (I too have the other type... And I agree it shouldn't be included in the basic set. I doubt anybody would buy it from you because there's no way they can hook it up without the rest (inverter and stuff).

[This message has been edited by Cliff Pennock (edited 09-18-2002).]

IP: Logged
JMunilla87GT

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2002 02:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JMunilla87GTSend a Private Message to JMunilla87GTDirect Link to This Post
cheap b@stards! j/k, I guess it is a concern for those with the non-a/c HVAC or just the HVs
LS1swap

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2002 07:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LS1swapClick Here to visit LS1swap's HomePageSend a Private Message to LS1swapDirect Link to This Post
I am obviously missing something... I like allot of the designs people are photo shopping, but I don't see them listed ???? All I see is white and silver metallic. I would want the black faces myself

------------------
LS1 in and running :)

http://ls1swap.tripod.com/

cancerkazoo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2002 09:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cancerkazooClick Here to visit cancerkazoo's HomePageSend a Private Message to cancerkazooDirect Link to This Post
I beleve the background color is dependant on the font color you chose
Fiero_Freak

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2002 11:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero_FreakSend a Private Message to Fiero_FreakDirect Link to This Post
I will try and ask if you guys can still get the 119 price and not get them. They are just trying to make it easier. I'll e-mail them and see what he says.
Spiff

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2002 01:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SpiffClick Here to visit Spiff's HomePageSend a Private Message to SpiffDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero_Freak:
[B]Soup, there was another guy on here that was looking to get a set of Aux Gauge overlays off of someone. Maybe he wants to by your HVAC panel also.B]

I was that guy. I have the Indiglo that are being sold on E-Bay. If some one could get a set that looks like the ones that are on E-Bay. I would buy both the Aux and HVAC overlays. But they have to be the 2 color blue/green, White face/Black lettering like the E-Bay ones.

I will try to get pics up this weekend of the overlays.

------------------

1988 Fiero Formula T-Top # 1008 of 1252 (5 Spd White/ Grey)
1987 Fiero SE V6 Auto (Blue/ Grey)
Click here to go to my Web site

AIM = SpiffyFiero

hallsman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2002 11:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hallsmanSend a Private Message to hallsmanDirect Link to This Post

Any more news yet? I still think that the HVAC should be an optional add-on. I will get it though.

------------------
Red 1986 Fiero GT Auto

Automoda

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2002 12:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AutomodaSend a Private Message to AutomodaDirect Link to This Post
Ok. I'd pre-order right now if ....

#1 I could get that illustrator file that has the basic layout

#2 I modify it, and send it in to them.

#3 They print it and there ya go!

Are they cool with this type of tinkering? Or is it too much of a pain. I'm just getting some specific ideas in my head of how I'd like this to look....

------------------

87 Quad 4 HO convertible

Fiero_Freak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2002 12:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero_FreakSend a Private Message to Fiero_FreakDirect Link to This Post
If you start tinkering alot then it'll just cost a little more money. I'm not really sure what layout you're talking about though. I would just do it up and e-mail them and see.

I'm sending the pics back in and asking about the HVAC panels

godalex

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2002 01:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for godalexSend a Private Message to godalexDirect Link to This Post
I liked the pegasus ones (Good job), I'd buy a set if a couple options were available.

Arn't we missing the obvious here? Prancing horse logo would be nice for all the kit people, but the main thing I'd like to see, and they could do rather easily in a production run this large is a Speedo that goes to at least 150, personally i'd rather see 200. And a tach that redlines at 7000. I'd pay extra for those options too. That is the one thing everyone has gripped about over the years, good gauges for the Fiero. So lets do it up right! Feedback?

WFO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2002 05:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WFOSend a Private Message to WFODirect Link to This Post
So...Fiero Freak...
Got a couple of questions, but I think you may be able to answer these without e-mailing Speedhut.
Btw, I've already pre-ordered my set.
AND...I'm *elated* that you got them to include the HVAC panel!! Thanks a bunch!!!
Now to my questions...
1. About that HVAC panel... Will the panel itself be the same color as the gauge faces, or is it just going to light up the same color as the gauges?
2.The group logo is gonna be *huge* right?
Cause I was thinking it was going to be smaller...like the size of a quarter or something...not covering the whole face of the gauge. Hmm...
3.Do you have any idea if they would be able/willing to use the checkerboard fade that MinnGreen designed? I know he sent the file to them and was wondering if they were going to make it available at all? Cause that fade was cool!!
4. IF I wanted to talk to someone about this on the phone, who should I talk to there?It's becoming increasingly difficult to decide exactly what I want because I'm not sure I understand exactly what each option is.
Thanks for any help you can provide!
Later...WFO
PFF
System Bot
Fiero_Freak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2002 12:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero_FreakSend a Private Message to Fiero_FreakDirect Link to This Post
Ok Guys here's the options.

There is essentially 2 options...small logo or large Peggy.

With the small logo you can get it with Fiero OR Fiero GT in the top. This can also be had with the graphics they offer, flames, etc. The color can be the same as the font, graphic, or redline. I'm hoping for them to get it a little bigger, but this is the postion.

Option 2 is with the larger Pegasus logo. This is not availible with the flames, etc. but when picking the color choice you will use those same color options as the graphic. This way it can be seen at night. The location will be on both larger gauges.

Anything beyond this will have to be taken up with them later and at additional cost. They will normally offer only one graphic, but since we are working with us as much as they can they are going the extra mile and offering 3 logos, in our two style choices. But these will remain the only standard group logo choices.

On the HVAC panels:
Guys who don't want them, not a problem. $119 just like original.
Everyone that wants them, $139.

WFO. HVAC panels will look just like the gauges. Graphics if you get them, text whatever.
On the checkerboard fade. He didn't think they would do it since getting it to print just right would be cost prohibitive. You may be able to call and talk to him about it and get him to give you a price, but I got the idea that getting the inital first good copy was the hard part.

Any other questions just yell. Thanks everyone for working on these graphics and giving input. I can't wait!!!

Edited for 2nd grade spelling

[This message has been edited by Fiero_Freak (edited 09-21-2002).]

godalex

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2002 01:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for godalexSend a Private Message to godalexDirect Link to This Post
Given the two, I kinda like the large pegasus. On the other, if you move the RPM back to where the logo is, and put the logo (smaller) under each pointer, that would look good too. Making the tach read up to 7000 is a no brainer. But I still want a speedo to read to 200, even if I have to calibrate it myself. Am I the only one thinking ahead here? (for engine swaps, 3.4 DOHC's, and the just plain ol cool factor)

------------------

Fiero_Freak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2002 06:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero_FreakSend a Private Message to Fiero_FreakDirect Link to This Post
All the text and font is just representative. That's the fiero Stock stuff. The text for that will probably be smaller and be somewhere else. If you want a higher tach that's something you can pay a little extra for I think. You shouldn't even have to recalibrate. The only thing about having the logo like that under the tack is it will get in your graphic. You don't want to get two things that light up in each other. It will be hard to differeniate at night.
godalex

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2002 05:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for godalexSend a Private Message to godalexDirect Link to This Post

All the text and font is just representative. That's the fiero Stock stuff. The text for that will probably be smaller and be somewhere else. If you want a higher tach that's something you can pay a little extra for I think. You shouldn't even have to recalibrate. The only thing about having the logo like that under the tack is it will get in your graphic. You don't want to get two things that light up in each other. It will be hard to differeniate at night.

I think you misunderstood me or I wasn't clear. I was refering to the top sample, not the one with the large pegasus, when I suggested moving the Fiero logo under the pointers. :-)

And yes, I will pay extra for it. But there is room to make them all have the tach read 7K, and I don't think anyone would mind if it did.

Thanks!

------------------

Fiero_Freak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2002 02:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero_FreakSend a Private Message to Fiero_FreakDirect Link to This Post
Do you mean rotate the tach numbers to make the space at the bottom? You said move the RPM and I thought you meant the "rpm x 1000". I was saying that's not necessarily where it is going to be. But as far as the logo that's where the standard location is going to be except as I said earlier it is going to be bigger to take up the entire space. It just really depends on the new text size and such.
If you're talking about something else just change the pic to reflect what you want and let us see.
And for the 7K thing, I would think that they would do it for you for probably $5 since it's next to nothing. They might not even charge.
Unltd1

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2002 05:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Unltd1Click Here to visit Unltd1's HomePageSend a Private Message to Unltd1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by godalex:
, when I suggested moving the Fiero logo under the pointers. :-)

Like this kinda right?

godalex

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2002 06:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for godalexSend a Private Message to godalexDirect Link to This Post

Do you mean rotate the tach numbers to make the space at the bottom? You said move the RPM and I thought you meant the "rpm x 1000". I was saying that's not necessarily where it is going to be. But as far as the logo that's where the standard location is going to be except as I said earlier it is going to be bigger to take up the entire space. It just really depends on the new text size and such.
If you're talking about something else just change the pic to reflect what you want and let us see.
And for the 7K thing, I would think that they would do it for you for probably $5 since it's next to nothing. They might not even charge.

I meant swap the RPMx1000 with the logo. Make the logo smaller, and place it under each pointer. I was going to edit it in phototshop, still working on it...

Thanks

------------------

godalex

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2002 06:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for godalexSend a Private Message to godalexDirect Link to This Post

godalex

344 posts
Member since Sep 2002

Originally posted by Unltd1:
Like this kinda right?

Actually, no... but looking at it, I like that too!

They say a picture is worth a thousand words, and I should have just posted a pic of it, but it was too late, I was too tired and lazy, and photshop was pissing me off. ;-)

------------------

sqoach

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2002 06:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sqoachSend a Private Message to sqoachDirect Link to This Post
I like the option 2 myself. What color would the numbers light up?
godalex

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2002 04:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for godalexSend a Private Message to godalexDirect Link to This Post

Something like this.

------------------

[This message has been edited by godalex (edited 09-23-2002).]

PFF
System Bot
godalex

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2002 05:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for godalexSend a Private Message to godalexDirect Link to This Post

or this? I'd rather have it go higher than 140, but this gives you an idea, as it is it took an hour with photoshop. 140, is at the least, more reasonable for those of us with mods.

------------------

fiero go fast

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2002 02:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero go fastSend a Private Message to fiero go fastDirect Link to This Post
Well I've got a question. My speedometer only goes up to 85 right now. So if i were to get these EL gauges and upgrade to a 120 would i need to change anything? Also I'm not going to buy them untill i hear what all you guys/girls (if there are any) think of them. So if anyone actually does get these gauges can you please post pictures and keep us updated on how much of a project it was to actually get the gauges in. Thanks
Matt

------------------
Red 86 SE 2.8

fiero go fast

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2002 02:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero go fastSend a Private Message to fiero go fastDirect Link to This Post

fiero go fast

1728 posts
Member since Apr 2002
Well I've got a question. My speedometer only goes up to 85 right now. So if i were to get these EL gauges and upgrade to a 120 would i need to change anything? Also I'm not going to buy them untill i hear what all you guys/girls (if there are any) think of them. So if anyone actually does get these gauges can you please post pictures and keep us updated on how much of a project it was to actually get the gauges in. Thanks
Matt

------------------
Red 86 SE 2.8

Fiero_Freak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2002 12:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero_FreakSend a Private Message to Fiero_FreakDirect Link to This Post
Ok... That's what I thought. The reason we decided to put it up there was to make it larger. You're just going to lose resolution in the graphic making it that small. Another reason is to allow for the added graphics like flames or racing strips to be added and not be fighting for the same space.
What I meant on the RPMx1000 was that it probably won't be under the needle anyway. Unless the MPH moves under the needle also. Those are going to get balanced so they look even.
If you guys want more on the speedo and want to recalibrate I'm sure they will work with you, but it's going to cost a little. These guys really aren't charging that much more so if you want something just ask how much. The most expensive thing I've seen so far they said would cost like $30 extra.
For the guy who was asking about the 120 gauges... if you have the oil pressure at the bottom of your tach it would be easier for you to upgrade the actual gauges and then order teh 120 overlays. If you want to just recalibrate your speedo you could order the 85 MPH gauges and ask them about getting the 120 increments put on your speedo.
Hope that helps.
godalex

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2002 02:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for godalexSend a Private Message to godalexDirect Link to This Post
I was looking for something subtle, and cool... little logos would be visable, like in the C5, Z06, ferrari, and still be different. It was an artistic balance, not trying to be outrageous, just tasteful. Now the large pegasus in option 2 was tasteful in my opinion. Just don't know what color to use with a black set of gauges, blue doesnt really match my car. (Metallic red/ tan leather)

As far as calibration goes, not a problem, all of us on here modify things that take much more work than that. Personally I hate burying a speedometer. I like to push the envelope, and know what I am doing... some people may not want to know though so 120 or 85 may suit them!

Since I am spending so much money to turn this car into a great handling rocket, I prefer a speedo and tach with the same character of the car. (My Vette cuts out at 172 via factory programing, but people still flip over the 200MPH speedo. LS1 edit will remedy that though.)

Hey, it was just an idea.

------------------

WFO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2002 06:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WFOSend a Private Message to WFODirect Link to This Post
Fiero Freak,
Thanks for the answers!!
Option 1 logo is what I was hoping for! Thanks for hooking us up with that one!
And the checkerboard fade... I just thought it looked *really* good and if they were gonna offer it as an option I thought I'd get it. However, as it is...the flames look great and I'm pretty darned happy as it is!
Thanks again for all of the work you've done acting as our liaison to Speedhut. Later...WFO
JD86GT350

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2002 06:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JD86GT350Send a Private Message to JD86GT350Direct Link to This Post
so how does the HVAC overlay work? Is it one large piece that's going to cover everything?

My car has the slider bar controls w/o AC atm, but I do have a pushbutton unit around here somewhere....

WFO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2002 08:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WFOSend a Private Message to WFODirect Link to This Post
JD86GT350,
I don't know for sure (cause I haven't seen a set of the Speedhut gauges yet),but...after taking my AC controls apart last week to see exactly how they are lit...I would assume that the AC part of the gauge kit will somehow replace the grey factory face that has the writing/symbols printed on it. If this is incorrect, I hope someone sets me straight.
Later...WFO
Fiero_Freak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2002 12:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero_FreakSend a Private Message to Fiero_FreakDirect Link to This Post
I'm pretty sure it's just going to stick over it. They are only making the A/C one for now. You'll have the option of getting it with or w/o on the group buy, but if you wait it will only be availible with it.
Rare87GT

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 173
Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2002 04:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rare87GTSend a Private Message to Rare87GTDirect Link to This Post
bump, any word on the gauges. See ya later.

------------------

1987 GT 5 spd: 2.8L
(15.57 @ 87mph)
1988 Formula 5 spd: 3.4
(15.56 @ 84mph)

PFF
System Bot
Fiero_Freak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2002 10:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero_FreakSend a Private Message to Fiero_FreakDirect Link to This Post
They have a note on the website that tooling has begun as of the 17, so I assume things are moving right along.
laffer98

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2002 07:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for laffer98Send a Private Message to laffer98Direct Link to This Post
Hey, I like some of the ideas posted. But like others here I have a 2001 vette also so I really am looking for something tastefully done and not to garish. I like the idea of doing a group logo and will defiantely get that with my order. My Corvette has white on black guages, hope to get something close to that or the reverse of it would be cool also.
godalex

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2002 11:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for godalexSend a Private Message to godalexDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by laffer98:
Hey, I like some of the ideas posted. But like others here I have a 2001 vette also so I really am looking for something tastefully done and not to garish. I like the idea of doing a group logo and will defiantely get that with my order. My Corvette has white on black guages, hope to get something close to that or the reverse of it would be cool also.

I'd kill for info on how to get a C5 cluster in the Fiero... I love the C5 cluster. I'll have to search the factory service manual and see if I can figure out what it takes.

------------------

DaRkLoRD

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2002 09:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DaRkLoRDSend a Private Message to DaRkLoRDDirect Link to This Post
for the plastic needles on newer cars... how do they glow? is there a LED inside them?

it'd suck to buy EL gauge faces, and still have the needles glowing orange.

------------------
steve@digitalfusion.on.ca

JMunilla87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2002 10:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JMunilla87GTSend a Private Message to JMunilla87GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DaRkLoRD:
for the plastic needles on newer cars... how do they glow? is there a LED inside them?

it'd suck to buy EL gauge faces, and still have the needles glowing orange.

ditto....I think it is painted reflective orange or something.

DaRkLoRD

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2002 12:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DaRkLoRDSend a Private Message to DaRkLoRDDirect Link to This Post
That's gonna suck for the Fiero then... the needle in my daily driver (1997 Ford Taurus) is lit from within, and the gauges themselves are EL.. (characters light up, the face is black.. text is white during the day)

there are no lights shining on the needle, it's very obvious there's a light source inside.

------------------
steve@digitalfusion.on.ca

Fino

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2002 05:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FinoSend a Private Message to FinoDirect Link to This Post
Anyone know when they will be shipped out??

Fino

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock