Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  You can now preorder your EL Guages here ! ! (Page 3)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
Previous Page | Next Page
You can now preorder your EL Guages here ! ! by Dan Robinson
Started on: 09-08-2002 02:08 AM
Replies: 157
Last post by: Fino on 10-10-2002 05:55 AM
fieroluv

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2002 04:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroluvSend a Private Message to fieroluvDirect Link to This Post
I like the black dial w/ yellow swiss font the best. Just a personal pref.
IP: Logged
tednelson83

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2002 05:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tednelson83Click Here to visit tednelson83's HomePageSend a Private Message to tednelson83Direct Link to This Post
are the 85 mph ones included in the 20 or do we need to get 20 orders for them as well?

restated: do we need 20 FIERO guage orders or 20 120's AND 20 85's?

------------------
thank you
1985 Pontiac Fiero 2M4 SE
"Dark Angel"
tednelson83@aol.com

Denny

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2002 05:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DennySend a Private Message to DennyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Cliff Pennock:
[b]Coolness! KPH is available!

Now I need some help with the colors. I'm not very familiar with this EL stuff, so I don't know how the colors will look in the dark. What I want is this: during the day, I want dark gauges (not white) with light lettering. Or maybe silver gauges with black lettering. But in the dark, I want everything to be pitch black except the lettering like this:
. . . .

or this:

Can anyone help in picking colors?[/B]

To get dark in daytime with white, and dark at night with the lettering shown above narrows your choices pretty much to "font glows," or reverse indiglo. The above image is black dial color with white font.

Help any?

fieroluv

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2002 05:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroluvSend a Private Message to fieroluvDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tednelson83:
are the 85 mph ones included in the 20 or do we need to get 20 orders for them as well?

restated: do we need 20 FIERO guage orders or 20 120's AND 20 85's?

I believe that you have to get 20 of each pre-ordered. that stinks. How many 85's is out there. I just mailed my check to Visa so maybe I can pre-order mine next week.

soup

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2002 07:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for soupClick Here to visit soup's HomePageSend a Private Message to soupDirect Link to This Post
When it asks for us to put in a speedhut code, do we have one? And also, how can we add that pegasus logo? I am ordering mine right now!
grgoyl86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2002 10:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for grgoyl86Send a Private Message to grgoyl86Direct Link to This Post
OK, I need color help also. Problem is, I don't think I can get what I want.

I want white-face with red font, in the dark the faces disappear and the font glows red.

I've not seen red-glowing indiglo. Is there no such thing?

Denny

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2002 10:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DennySend a Private Message to DennyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by grgoyl86:
OK, I need color help also. Problem is, I don't think I can get what I want.

I want white-face with red font, in the dark the faces disappear and the font glows red.

I've not seen red-glowing indiglo. Is there no such thing?

Try writing to them @ service@speedhut.com . I see no reason why that combo wouldn't work.

Fiero_Freak

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2002 12:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero_FreakSend a Private Message to Fiero_FreakDirect Link to This Post
Yes... We will need 20 of each kind... sooo.. the 120's are a go and there are no 85's as of yet. They may do it with 15 people since we are going to be great customers.

Denny...I want the same thing too. I think it will work.. just may not be bright red at night. For comparison I looked at the yellow font with black background and red flames.... I was looking at that red. I may just have to have the gauges light up.

On the logo...we will all get a confirming e-mail about colors and such later. He said it would be no problem doing a total change at that time.... so I wouldn't worry about it yet.

Spiff

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2002 12:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SpiffClick Here to visit Spiff's HomePageSend a Private Message to SpiffDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by grgoyl86:

I want this color combo also.
If not I will take a Black face White font with disappearing faces glowing red fonts at night.

Unless someone gets a normal Face glow with white face and black lettering to illuminate blue or green. That does not need the Aux gauges. I will buy them off of you as I already have the indiglo gauges that are on E-Bay right now.

------------------

1988 Fiero Formula T-Top # 1008 of 1252 (5 Spd White/ Grey)
1987 Fiero SE V6 Auto (Blue/ Grey)
Click here to go to my Web site

AIM = SpiffyFiero

Dan Robinson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2002 12:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dan RobinsonSend a Private Message to Dan RobinsonDirect Link to This Post
Hey Fiero Freak thanks for such good communication with them.

------------------
DiZZI

Matthew 11:28,29
28"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls."
www.geocities.com/captain_cu_cu/danro.html

JMunilla87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2002 10:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JMunilla87GTSend a Private Message to JMunilla87GTDirect Link to This Post
Fiero Freak thanks for staying on top of this for us.

I think you guys that want the red reverse indiglo are going to be looking at doing custom gauges and it will probably cost you a bit more. That is what I have gathered from the page.

I just want to know where text # 1 goes on the gauges I left it blank, but would like to put something "clever" there. I emailed them but never got an answer to that question(they answered everything else ). Does anyone know?

Thanks again Fiero Freak and thanks to all the people that preordered. When I talked to the lady on the phone she was astonished we had gotten our quota so quickly.

Are they gonna start a preorder for the HVACs or do we need to email them individually? Fiero Freak since I assume you are the "model leader" that I got a reference to in my email, get off your a$$ and get us these HVAC units.

[This message has been edited by JMunilla87GT (edited 09-14-2002).]

PFF
System Bot
Dan Robinson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2002 10:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dan RobinsonSend a Private Message to Dan RobinsonDirect Link to This Post
I e-mailed them early this week with a design question but never heard anything from them. Oh well I'll jus wait till they e-mail me about the color confirmation.
Denny

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2002 04:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DennySend a Private Message to DennyDirect Link to This Post
ttt
Fiero_Freak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2002 12:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero_FreakSend a Private Message to Fiero_FreakDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the good comments guys.

I am going to try to get all the questions together later and give hime a call sometime Monday or Tuesday and see if I can get all of them answered. See you later guys.

Rare87GT

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 173
Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2002 12:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rare87GTSend a Private Message to Rare87GTDirect Link to This Post
When can we expect the shipments of these gauges to start coming through. I ordered the white faced backs with red lettering in the eurostyle with a custom lettering of Rare 88 Formula which I am assuming is underneath the speedo gauge right above the trip odometer. Also how will it look at night with that setup, will I just see the red letters. I also chose the 6 different indiglo settings for green and blue. Glad we had enough to get Speedhut.com to start making them. Its great a company finally started making some indiglos for Fieros!!

------------------

1987 GT 5 spd: 2.8L
(15.57 @ 87mph)
1988 Formula 5 spd: 3.4
(15.56 @ 84mph)

Joe Torma

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 129
Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2002 12:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Joe TormaClick Here to visit Joe Torma's HomePageSend a Private Message to Joe TormaDirect Link to This Post
The say they begin tooling AFTER the 20 orders are recieved...so 8-12 weeks for that...so I guess a 2-3 month wait, right?

Anxious to see them
If I wasn't changing my speedo to a 180 or 200mph, I'd consider giving up my attempt and get theirs, then again, since my guages have been stripped of faces I'm going to need something in 2-3 weeks.

[This message has been edited by Joe Torma (edited 09-16-2002).]

Fiero_Freak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2002 10:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero_FreakSend a Private Message to Fiero_FreakDirect Link to This Post
Ok guys... here's my list of questions at the moment.

Rare87GT When can we expect the shipments of these gauges to start coming through.

JMunilla87GT I just want to know where text # 1 goes on the gauges
When do we order HVACs

grgoyl86 I want white-face with red font, in the dark the faces disappear and the font glows red.

soup How do we get the custom logo now, and can with get it w/ the flames also?

Fiero_Freak If we can get a total of 40 orders including the 85 MPH can we get both sets tooled even though we won't have 20 of the 85's?

This way I figured it might help you 85 guys out....but it still going to take quite a few orders... PASS THIS ON TO YOUR CLUBS!!! I got two orders this way. Maybe we can help out the guys w/ 85 mph's who don't have as much demand. I'll ask what the options are.

Guys w/ the 85's who want to order... at least post here who's going to order them so I have a number idea.

------------------
87 GT Maroon w/ Silver Auto
87 Coupe Blue 5-speed
87 Coupe White Auto
86 SE Red w/ Black 3.2L w/ T-440
86 GT Gold 4-speed WrEcKeD (Should you be able to see the coolant tube and still be able to drive it?)

JMunilla87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2002 04:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JMunilla87GTSend a Private Message to JMunilla87GTDirect Link to This Post
Fiero Freak I already emailed them about the text#1. They said it goes over the MPH. As far as the HVAC I harassed them about it, but it never hurts to keep on them about it. Thanks again for all the help.
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 699
Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2002 08:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockDirect Link to This Post
Yes, I've got a question:

Will they ship to the Netherlands and how much would the shipping be?

And I've got a question for anyone of you here: What does the 2 color inverter do, and what does the 6 color inverter do?

JD86GT350

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2002 08:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JD86GT350Send a Private Message to JD86GT350Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Cliff Pennock:
Yes, I've got a question:

Will they ship to the Netherlands and how much would the shipping be?

And I've got a question for anyone of you here: What does the 2 color inverter do, and what does the 6 color inverter do?

If they won't ship to the Netherlands, I'm sure you can find somebody who will =)

from their website:

2 color Standard Inverter

Switches the Indiglo panel between green and blue color. The color change is most noticeable on the White,Blue,Silver, and Midnight Dial colors.

6 color Upgrade Inverter

Switches from Green to Blue in 6 increments. Most noticeable on the White,Blue,Silver, and Midnight Dial colors. The Blue and green membrane buttons control color changes in 6 increments while the black and spoted control the brightness. The Membrane switch glows indiglo blue at night. You would want to upgrade to this inverter if you would rather have the thin membrane switch buttons to control brightness, -OR-
You want more control over the color hue from green to blue AND your dial theme consists of whites or blues.

------------------

Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2002 09:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockDirect Link to This Post
Thanks, I guess I missed that part on their site.

So, why wouldn't you go for the 6 color inverter (other than the fact that those membrane buttons might be cumbersome to install)?

PFF
System Bot
Fiero_Freak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2002 12:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero_FreakSend a Private Message to Fiero_FreakDirect Link to This Post
That's exactly one of the reasons that we should get in on the intial purchase...

OK.. got some answers...but didn't get your shipping question in time... but I'm sure they will.... Will just cost more than $8

We're looking at 2 months for the time frame.

Also the HVAC panel will be included for $20 more. WHEW HOO!

On the RED thing...they have a orange red that shows up well and it looks like the new pontiac gauges... I still think I'll go with the red on white...and have the white light up.

They are still working on getting the new inverters...but they might not have them by our ship date. The skinny on the cost is not availble yet but it will go from green to blue to violet.... Infinate settings.

They also have some other colors for you guys who want purple. Just WAIT to ask on these until the final e-mails on what you want, even if you want sometime totally different from what you preordered. The only real reason for the pre-order is to guarentee the sale.

I need everyone to give some input on this. And if someone w/ photoshop can edit Cliff's rendering for some ideas would be great. We can have two versions, or placement on the logo. I was thinking one where the RPMX1000 is on the tach where you can see the whole logo, and another with it real big but the center on the needle would cover some of it. We can Also add the "Fiero" or "Fiero GT" part of that put over on the speedometer side. Give some input everyone.

Rare87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2002 02:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rare87GTSend a Private Message to Rare87GTDirect Link to This Post
do we have to add the hvac gauges later or is that included in the $127 bucks? I was kind of curious. The HVAC controls are the battery and oil pressure gauges right? Let me know guys as I want to be sure to get those in my gauge package as well. See ya.

Amir

JD86GT350

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2002 06:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JD86GT350Send a Private Message to JD86GT350Direct Link to This Post
I haven't ordered yet, cause this is going to require alot more changing for me than normal, but if the new inverters are available with the purple, and HVAC is now included, I just need to find myself a 120 cluster and get it calibrated!

------------------

Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2002 07:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockDirect Link to This Post
Just a few ideas:

And this is what I want (I'm only interested in the "glow-in-the-dark" part):

Fiero_Freak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2002 08:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero_FreakSend a Private Message to Fiero_FreakDirect Link to This Post
Man Cliff that is awsome. Exactly what I was thinking of..and the second one was what I talked to Aaron about.
Just a question, but are you wanted the exact text matched? I'll have to ask if they can do that or not.
Are any other of you guys interested in as exact duplicate just with colors?

Oh also for you 85MPH guys, I've got him to agree to lower the quantity to 10 to get yours made. I thought that would help, and I did emphasis that we were very quick to get are goal and are above that right now.

For whoever asked, the HVAC is Heating,Ventilation, and Air Conditioning. It's the panel that is above your radion. This way all your controls are the same color.

Also that price with the HVAC Controls will be 139+8 for shipping. This will not be reauthorized and will be verified before it is charged.

[This message has been edited by Fiero_Freak (edited 09-17-2002).]

Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2002 08:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero_Freak:
[B]Just a question, but are you wanted the exact text matched?

No, I just want black dials with white (EuroStyle) lettering.

KEV

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2002 12:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KEVSend a Private Message to KEVDirect Link to This Post
Put me down for one of the HVAC overlays, and the I want the Fiero GT crest on mine.

------------------
Minnesota Fieros Forever President
1985 Black Gt(3800 V6,Flushmount headlights,Wraparound Wing,Lowered 2",17" on front,18"on rear)

JMunilla87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2002 12:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JMunilla87GTSend a Private Message to JMunilla87GTDirect Link to This Post
I am glad we are getting the HVACs it would have irritated me to look at a red a/c panel. Can we get the HVAC in a different color(i.e. looks stock but lights up blue)? Even if we have to pay more $$$. I like the big fiero logo like Cliff did it. I am on the edge of my seat waiting for these things. I guess I need to relax if it is gonna be 2 months.
the need for speed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2002 01:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for the need for speedSend a Private Message to the need for speedDirect Link to This Post
ok i love the way the first gauge looked that cliff made the white back and blue numbers with the fire,what will that one look like at night will it look just like cliff has it in the second pic?
Rare87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2002 01:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rare87GTSend a Private Message to Rare87GTDirect Link to This Post
Are we going to be able to add our own logos so forth that is submitted by people? I would love to have a logo somethign small with the custom lettering deal I have. Also do we have to re register for the gauges with the hvac if we didn't already. I ordered the gauges and everything and it was like 128 or something. Just was curious. Thanks.

Amir

PFF
System Bot
Fiero_Freak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2002 04:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero_FreakSend a Private Message to Fiero_FreakDirect Link to This Post
Rare87GT Sorry... I wasn't too clear about that. The HVAC panels are going to come with all of our kits. The total kit price is going to be $139 plus that $8 for shipping. This $20 difference will not be reauthorized on your credit cards now. It will just be charged when the time comes.

hallsman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2002 05:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hallsmanSend a Private Message to hallsmanDirect Link to This Post
That sounds great!! It's easy enough (we don't have to do anything), and it sounds like most of us already want the HVAC controls. Thanks for all the work yer doing! I'm just sitting here dreaming about mine.

------------------
Red 1986 Fiero GT

soup

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2002 06:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for soupClick Here to visit soup's HomePageSend a Private Message to soupDirect Link to This Post
Ummm. the Hvac are comming with them???
That is not good at all. I don't have the air conditioning panel. I have the other style. I really don't want to pay 30 canadian or so for panels I can't use.

I think I might cancel my order. Please tell me I am not understanding this right.

The Fieromaster

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 104
Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2002 08:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for The FieromasterSend a Private Message to The FieromasterDirect Link to This Post
DAMN the Blue on White ones look AWESOME!!!

Kinda wish i was keeping the Fiero gauges now!

JD86GT350

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2002 08:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JD86GT350Send a Private Message to JD86GT350Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero_Freak:
The HVAC panels are going to come with all of our kits.

good news!

hallsman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2002 09:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hallsmanSend a Private Message to hallsmanDirect Link to This Post
Soup has a good point. Although I have A/C, some people might not. I think it should be an optional item. Or maybe they could tool up another version without A/C options. Any thoughts?

------------------
Red 1986 Fiero GT

Automoda

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2002 11:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AutomodaSend a Private Message to AutomodaDirect Link to This Post
I like white faces, but sometimes they seem to be "too much" in the dark. Here's one where the center is blacked-out, and a ring on the outside glows:

I also got rid of some of the "clutter" that only a fool would need, such as "Unleaded Fuel Only" etc.

Does anyone else like this look?

------------------

87 Quad 4 HO convertible

Fiero_Freak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2002 10:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero_FreakSend a Private Message to Fiero_FreakDirect Link to This Post
I'm not sure that unleaded only is even going to be on there. Sorry to those of you that don't want the HVAC panel.
Soup, there was another guy on here that was looking to get a set of Aux Gauge overlays off of someone. Maybe he wants to by your HVAC panel also.
The fact of the matter is they are trying to make this as simple as possible. If it make it 20 dollars cheaper for the rest of us, great. Everyone that gets a set could chip in a buck and make up the difference to you. Even at 139 I still think it's a good deal considering the apparent quaility and good service.
On that last graphic it would definately be a custom, but I don't see why it would be that much more. Forward the photo on...tell them what you want to glow and ask them to give you a price over the 139.
Dan Robinson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2002 10:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dan RobinsonSend a Private Message to Dan RobinsonDirect Link to This Post
I talked to them about custom stuff and it was gonna be twenty extra bucks.

Originally posted by Automoda:
I like white faces, but sometimes they seem to be "too much" in the dark. Here's one where the center is blacked-out, and a ring on the outside glows:

I also got rid of some of the "clutter" that only a fool would need, such as "Unleaded Fuel Only" etc.

Does anyone else like this look?

[This message has been edited by Dan Robinson (edited 09-18-2002).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock