Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  You can now preorder your EL Guages here ! ! (Page 2)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
Previous Page | Next Page
You can now preorder your EL Guages here ! ! by Dan Robinson
Started on: 09-08-2002 02:08 AM
Replies: 157
Last post by: Fino on 10-10-2002 05:55 AM
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 699
Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2002 05:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero_Freak:
Happy Cliff?

Well, yeah!

Get in contact with AusFiero, he can supply *very* good graphics of the KPH gauges.

Now if I only could decide on the colors...

IP: Logged
jelly2m8

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 243
Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2002 06:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jelly2m8Send a Private Message to jelly2m8Direct Link to This Post
Cool Guages!

Just looked at Cliff's pics, and I was surprised to see how close the needles are at that actual speed.

had this pic kicking around on my camera, nows a good time to use it!

I second the vote for a metric guages!

------------------

1988GT T-Tops, 5spd, everything but power seat

AusFiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2002 07:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AusFieroClick Here to visit AusFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to AusFieroDirect Link to This Post
I just sent them this email and hope they consider us KMH folks.

Hi. A lot of people over at www.fiero.nl have expressed interest in your gauges but there is also a lot of us running KMH speedos as we are from places like Canada, Australia and the Netherlands. Would it be possible to include us in the 20 orders needed. I can even supply the graphics for the gauges as I have 480 colour combinations available for download at www.fieroshop.com.au/gauges. Please disregard the do not use for commercial purposes notice in this instance as there is a number of us that would like to see this project go ahead.

Regards
Jim Davis www.fieroshop.com.au
service@fieroshop.com.au

------------------

Fiero Shop - International | The Classic Fiero Owners Group - International

Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2002 08:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by AusFiero:
I just sent them this email and hope they consider us KMH folks.

hallsman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2002 08:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hallsmanSend a Private Message to hallsmanDirect Link to This Post
Metric??? Who uses metric??? Oh yeah, everyplace except the US. Hmmm. Sounds like you'd have to get 20 separate orders for the kmh gauges also. Since there are quite a few Fieros not in the US, it would probably be just as easy to get a kmh version. Of course, they still need the stinking pictures tho. Hope all y'all can get your cool gauges too. And while I'm at it, COME ON GUYS AND GALS! GET YOUR CUSTOM GAUGES NOW! only 5 more to go!!

okay i'm done. go back to your normal browsing.

speed1

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2002 10:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for speed1Send a Private Message to speed1Direct Link to This Post
I have been sending them e-mails asking for the HVAC panel and next generation color inverters (green to violet) but they keep saying the MAY have them in the future. Maybe if we flood them with e-mails they would consider offering them to us. Probably charge an arm and a leg.
JD86GT350

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2002 10:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JD86GT350Send a Private Message to JD86GT350Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by speed1:
I have been sending them e-mails asking for the HVAC panel and next generation color inverters (green to violet) but they keep saying the MAY have them in the future.

ok, that interests me alot. Purple would match my car, and the HVAC controls would certainly be nice to have match.

hallsman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2002 10:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hallsmanSend a Private Message to hallsmanDirect Link to This Post
We're at 16 orders for the GT gauges!!! Come on people!!! 4 more!
Scrounge up that loose change, and get a set!
Please please please!

okay i ran out of exclamation marks, must resort to periods.

These things are gonna be great...

Fiero_Freak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2002 10:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero_FreakSend a Private Message to Fiero_FreakDirect Link to This Post
Would someone please send me a copy of a KPM gauges and Aux pod. I have talked with aaron quite and bit and would like to keep from bombarding him with too many people with different requests. I've already e-mailed him about it and he is going to call me back... BTW it's chvfrk98@cs.com Thanks
hallsman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2002 12:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hallsmanSend a Private Message to hallsmanDirect Link to This Post
17 and counting... See? Once you get the snowball rolling, it picks up speed. Once they get 3 more, the tooling will commence. And then we wait for several weeks. I can't wait! I can't sleep. Too much caffiene. Maybe I should order a set for my cousin. He has a GT also, but no internet access. He's gonna flip when he sees my new cool gauges. Hee hee hee. <abort>
JMunilla87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2002 10:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JMunilla87GTSend a Private Message to JMunilla87GTDirect Link to This Post
Has anyone else been charged for their gauges yet? They charged my check card $247.90 already for two gauges sets. The worst part is I only ordered one set to start with $127.95. It's kind of irritating since I wasn't supposed to be charged for them yet at all. We only have 17 orders. Well just letting off some steam. I am on the east coast and they aren't open yet. So, I don't know how they are going to handle it. I'll keep you guys posted. It doesn't matter I still want to gauges like I said just blowing off some steam and wondering if it has happened to anyone else.

------------------
Josh

PFF
System Bot
hallsman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2002 11:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hallsmanSend a Private Message to hallsmanDirect Link to This Post
Hmmm. Haven't seen anything on my account yet, although I use a credit card, so that the charges won't tie up my checking. 3 more. Come on guys (and gals), we know you all want these. I'm fixing many things on my car right now, so I figured why not add some gauges while I'm at it.

Just keeping it near the top.

Edit: golly did I type that sentence in twice?

[This message has been edited by hallsman (edited 09-12-2002).]

jelly2m8

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 243
Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2002 11:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jelly2m8Send a Private Message to jelly2m8Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by hallsman:
17 and counting... See? Once you get the snowball rolling, it picks up speed. Once they get 3 more, the tooling will commence. And then we wait for several weeks. <abort>

Whoa!, You guys are paying up front for something that doesn't even have the tooling made for?

Hold my order for now, I want them to actually have something in hand before sending any of my money.

hallsman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2002 11:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hallsmanSend a Private Message to hallsmanDirect Link to This Post
But did you see all the cool designs for other cars? They do a very nice job. I"m quite confident that the quality of these will be excellent. Plus you can get your own design. Can't beat $120. And they haven't charged us yet, and we can always change our design before they actually make it. But you know, I understand what you're talking about. Kinda like buying a meal, and not knowing what sort of food you're going to get. If you have a little spare change and you like surprises, you'd be willing to try it.
MinnGreenGT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2002 12:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jelly2m8:

Whoa!, You guys are paying up front for something that doesn't even have the tooling made for?

Hold my order for now, I want them to actually have something in hand before sending any of my money.

Jelly- if you read the detailed info, you'll find that Speedhut requires an initial minimum order of 20 units before they begin production (that means they'll have their overhead covered when they start). Also, the details clearly state that they will not actually charge your card for the guages until they are produced and ready for shipment- so your card is merely "holding" the order.

As to JMunilla's card being charged... call them, get it cleared up.

As for "tooling". These types of things are usually digitally printed, there is little or no "tooling" actually used- just material, setup, and design costs.

JMunilla87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2002 01:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JMunilla87GTSend a Private Message to JMunilla87GTDirect Link to This Post
I am just "patiently" waiting for 12pm MST which I think is 2pm Eastern. I know it was just a mix up. I am not upset now, it just hurts to wake up to $250 missing. I wasn't expecting any charge yet, but it's like they say Sh!T happens. I am not worried about it.
Joe Torma

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 129
Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2002 01:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Joe TormaClick Here to visit Joe Torma's HomePageSend a Private Message to Joe TormaDirect Link to This Post
I wish you all good luck with these.

I am pretty sure they are screen printed, which means once you make the screen, you just roll opaque paint over it and wash the screen off to do another color. The hole/shape stamping is probably what they mean by tooling.

Minn, sorry I never sent you the ones we worked on...I got pissed off when I wrecked the speedo I was going to send you. I actually know how to make a secure connection now...feel stupid, its simple!

What kind of warranty comes with them? There is no mention of that. As a concerned friend...and as a FYI there are different grades of EL material and inverters.

[This message has been edited by Joe Torma (edited 09-12-2002).]

MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2002 03:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Joe Torma:
Minn, sorry I never sent you the ones we worked on...I got pissed off when I wrecked the speedo I was going to send you. I actually know how to make a secure connection now...feel stupid, its simple!

Joe- do you still have any of my old face sets? I'd still love to have a complete finished set! Really, I would!

Also- since they haven't shown a great deal of interest, you/we could try to whip up a few HVAC controls as add-ons. Interested?

Denny

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2002 03:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DennySend a Private Message to DennyDirect Link to This Post
Here's my query to speedhut about the warranty, and their answer:

Sent: Thursday, September 12, 2002 4:48 PM
To: dlambert@epix.net
Subject: RE: Warranty info

We offer a one year warranty on Craftsmanship of the product. If there are any manufactoring problems we will replace your item for free.

Thanks,
CS

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, September 12, 2002 11:11 AM
To: 'sales@speedhut.com'
Cc: 'Me'
Subject: Warranty info

Hello!

What kind of warranty do you offer on your custom gauge faces?

Thanks!

Dennis Lambert

[This message has been edited by Denny (edited 09-12-2002).]

JMunilla87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2002 06:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JMunilla87GTSend a Private Message to JMunilla87GTDirect Link to This Post
hey guys they got me straightened out. the lady on the phone was super nice and helpful. they had double charged my card(actually it was just an authorization), but either way it was for two. She said usually 4-5 weeks after the 20 preorders is reached is the actual avg time. they just say longer so that people like us don't bug them all the time. anyhow I can hardly contain myself. If Joe and Rob can't/don't want/don't have time to make the HVAC then we need to keep bugging speedhut about it. It's either that or I am gonna go nuts looking at the hvac in red-orange. After talking to the lady I am even more excited.
Fiero_Freak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2002 06:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero_FreakSend a Private Message to Fiero_FreakDirect Link to This Post
OK... everyone how has preordered and may order. KPH will be on the site as of tomorrow!!! So you six guys get one there and get in gear.

Next... They will do the pegasus logo as our group. Since not everyone has the GT they will do just the logo and if you want the text it's $30 extra. I didn't think it was a big deal... I like the logo by itself anyway.

HVAC Panels. The guy thinks that he can do them for $40 or maybe a little less. Deal is we still have the get the 20 orders for them. If everyone who orders gets them then we can lower it even further!! Let me know...and pass this info on the others who have preordered. Thanks guys.... I love you Man!!!

PFF
System Bot
JMunilla87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2002 06:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JMunilla87GTSend a Private Message to JMunilla87GTDirect Link to This Post
can we go ahead and start the preorder on the HVAC? I would gladly pay ~$40 for it. I wonder if it can be made in a grey background(like the one it comes with) except with indiglo lettering. hmmmm
laffer98

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2002 10:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for laffer98Send a Private Message to laffer98Direct Link to This Post
Just got mine ordered. I was #20, so the count down begins.!!!!!
JMunilla87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2002 10:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JMunilla87GTSend a Private Message to JMunilla87GTDirect Link to This Post
congrats! laffer. I am so excited. I am like a little kid at christmas. Then again I am always like that when I am getting something cool for my Fiero.
the need for speed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2002 11:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for the need for speedSend a Private Message to the need for speedDirect Link to This Post
what are hvac?????????????
hallsman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2002 11:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hallsmanSend a Private Message to hallsmanDirect Link to This Post
That is so cool. This has been very quick, considering. I also would pay $40 for the HVAC controls, but what about people without A/C? It is set up different, isn't it? Just a thought...
soup

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2002 12:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for soupClick Here to visit soup's HomePageSend a Private Message to soupDirect Link to This Post
About the KMH... are we going to have to get the 20 preorders as well??
I hope not, because the only difference is in the speedo. The other 3 gauges are all the same. We should see if maybe we can do a deal with them for the KMH. I dont think we will ever hit the 20 for KMH. I will still be ordering mine either way. But I dont want to have to wait a year for them to even take the money out of my account.
velocitysf

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2002 01:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for velocitysfSend a Private Message to velocitysfDirect Link to This Post
I'm in for both the guages and the HVAC panel....will place my order as soon as I can decide what colors ;-)
Tweek

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2002 01:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TweekSend a Private Message to TweekDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by the need for speed:
what are hvac?????????????

I would have to guess... Heat, Vent, and Air Conditioning.

JD86GT350

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2002 06:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JD86GT350Send a Private Message to JD86GT350Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by hallsman:
That is so cool. This has been very quick, considering. I also would pay $40 for the HVAC controls, but what about people without A/C? It is set up different, isn't it? Just a thought...

I'll take either, I don't have A/C, but I've got both control panels.

JMunilla87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2002 06:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JMunilla87GTSend a Private Message to JMunilla87GTDirect Link to This Post
just emailed them about the HVAC. I would like if I could get both the gauges and the HVAC all at once. Do they already have a set or are they just going off the graphics Rob(MinnGreen) sent them? damnit I must know This has made my whole week.
PFF
System Bot
Fiero_Freak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2002 07:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero_FreakSend a Private Message to Fiero_FreakDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by soup:
About the KMH... are we going to have to get the 20 preorders as well??
I hope not, because the only difference is in the speedo. The other 3 gauges are all the same. We should see if maybe we can do a deal with them for the KMH. I dont think we will ever hit the 20 for KMH. I will still be ordering mine either way. But I dont want to have to wait a year for them to even take the money out of my account.

Read my last post more closely... KPM count toward the 20 so we are already there...and will continue to rack up orders. The 20 I was refering to is the HVAC panels.

Yes they do have one as I have forwarded it on, BUT they are only making the one w/ ac AND it will be the same color scheme as the gauges. ANYTHING custom on the colors will cost you extra. Idon't want to get into how much harder it is or isn't for them, it's just different and it should cost more.

EVERYONE If you would please give a definate answer on the HVAC panel so I can give him a number to decide if they are going to attempt to make them. Thanks

------------------
87 GT Maroon w/ Silver Auto
87 Coupe Blue 5-speed
87 Coupe White Auto
86 SE Red w/ Black 3.2L w/ T-440
86 GT Gold 4-speed WrEcKeD (Should you be able to see the coolant tube and still be able to drive it?)

Denny

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2002 07:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DennySend a Private Message to DennyDirect Link to This Post
I haven't ordered yet, but intend doing so next month. And yes, I do want the HVAC panel.
laffer98

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2002 11:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for laffer98Send a Private Message to laffer98Direct Link to This Post
Count me in on the HVAC.
FREHLEY1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2002 11:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FREHLEY1Send a Private Message to FREHLEY1Direct Link to This Post
Me Too For The HVAC......

------------------

84 INDY
88 FORMULA

fieroluv

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2002 11:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroluvSend a Private Message to fieroluvDirect Link to This Post
For GP guys they now have the 85 MPH with the volt under tach, they have it listed with the one for the oil under the tach you have to click the drop down box that says oil in tach to pick volt in tach.

I have to wait to order mine till I get some money freed up on my credit card

JMunilla87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2002 01:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JMunilla87GTSend a Private Message to JMunilla87GTDirect Link to This Post
I'm in for the HVAC.
cancerkazoo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2002 03:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cancerkazooClick Here to visit cancerkazoo's HomePageSend a Private Message to cancerkazooDirect Link to This Post
I have already ordered and if they could add the HVAC panel to my order that would be great. Or just tell me if there is enough interest and I will call them and let them know.
Thanks
Steve
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2002 03:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockDirect Link to This Post
Coolness! KPH is available!

Now I need some help with the colors. I'm not very familiar with this EL stuff, so I don't know how the colors will look in the dark. What I want is this: during the day, I want dark gauges (not white) with light lettering. Or maybe silver gauges with black lettering. But in the dark, I want everything to be pitch black except the lettering like this:

or this:

but not like this (where you can see the dials):

Can anyone help in picking colors?

JMunilla87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2002 03:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JMunilla87GTSend a Private Message to JMunilla87GTDirect Link to This Post
that is an interesting question. I like the rating system Cliff. It'll keep us in line.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock