Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Here they are! The WCF sponsored 89/90 Fiero pics! (Page 5)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 
Previous Page | Next Page
Here they are! The WCF sponsored 89/90 Fiero pics! by Boomtastic
Started on: 03-02-2002 07:24 PM
Replies: 186
Last post by: Sleeper on 03-06-2002 08:54 PM
Boomtastic

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 121
Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2002 07:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoomtasticClick Here to visit Boomtastic's HomePageSend a Private Message to BoomtasticDirect Link to This Post
Okay you slave drivers, here's some IMSA pics! (YAY!!!)

Strange place for an ID tag:

Super Duty 2.7 motor

Brake booster with accumulator?

SPID label (Service Parts ID, which is the 'blueprint' for building a car on the assembly line, which means that this car went down the line! GM doesn't normally build race cars out of production vehicles ..)

IP: Logged
Boomtastic

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2002 07:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoomtasticClick Here to visit Boomtastic's HomePageSend a Private Message to BoomtasticDirect Link to This Post

Boomtastic

2359 posts
Member since May 2000

Boomtastic

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2002 07:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoomtasticClick Here to visit Boomtastic's HomePageSend a Private Message to BoomtasticDirect Link to This Post

Boomtastic

2359 posts
Member since May 2000

------------------
Boomtastic

Boomtastic

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2002 07:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoomtasticClick Here to visit Boomtastic's HomePageSend a Private Message to BoomtasticDirect Link to This Post

Boomtastic

2359 posts
Member since May 2000
Here's the "odd stuff" on this car, aside from the brake booster:

No front marker lights:

Electric Power Steering:

Boomtastic

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2002 07:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoomtasticClick Here to visit Boomtastic's HomePageSend a Private Message to BoomtasticDirect Link to This Post

Boomtastic

2359 posts
Member since May 2000

Originally posted by sloth85GT:
SWEET A$$ scoops!!! Whose car is that? and what's the deal with those scoops?

I asked that too - they are MR2 scoops blended in. Nice, huh??

fierobear

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 383
Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2002 10:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MsBeth:

Perhaps you meant to quote a different post, Fierobear? Or did you forget to read through the entire post before you decided to post?

MsBeth

Yes. I tried 3 times to reply, and the text I was quoting didn't copy.

grinthock

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2002 10:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for grinthockClick Here to visit grinthock's HomePageSend a Private Message to grinthockDirect Link to This Post
That's in crappy shape for sure... some questions

Coudl someone post the option listing so we can compare it? (hopefully SOMEONE wrote it all down!)

What's that crap in the trunk?

This is some sort of prototype for sure, a fastback in 84? 150mph speedo? Widebody???? ELETRONIC STEERING IN 84!? Why didn't we have it!!!

DRH

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 55
Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2002 12:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DRHSend a Private Message to DRHDirect Link to This Post
Hmmm...

Where did those tail lights come from? No Fiero ever had yellow turn signals in the tail lights.

A fastback on an 84 is strange too.

Hairy_Fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 72
User Banned

Report this Post03-06-2002 12:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Hairy_FieroSend a Private Message to Hairy_FieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DRH:
Hmmm...

Where did those tail lights come from? No Fiero ever had yellow turn signals in the tail lights.

A fastback on an 84 is strange too.

My 87 Gt's tailights look just like those. Has an orangesh yellow turn signal. So do all the other Gt's I see.

tgowens

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2002 02:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tgowensClick Here to visit tgowens's HomePageSend a Private Message to tgowensDirect Link to This Post
That's what puzzled me - the VIN says '84 but it has an '86 GT body with the IMSA rear and spoiler as well as an '86 GT interior........ I have photos of the '84 IMSA GTU that Pontiac Motorsports was using as their project cars (yes, they came down the assembly line, only the GTU was a "prepared from scratch" racing vehicle)

DRH, those GT taillights are the same as the '86-'88 GT lights.

Boomtastic

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2002 04:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoomtasticClick Here to visit Boomtastic's HomePageSend a Private Message to BoomtasticDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by grinthock:
That's in crappy shape for sure... some questions

Coudl someone post the option listing so we can compare it? (hopefully SOMEONE wrote it all down!)

What's that crap in the trunk?

This is some sort of prototype for sure, a fastback in 84? 150mph speedo? Widebody???? ELETRONIC STEERING IN 84!? Why didn't we have it!!!

The blue box in the trunk is a GM Performance Parts ignition controller (just a rebadged MSD box). The red box was a rev limiter.

Sadly, I didn't have any paper to write down the options from the SPID label. It was *very* dark & dirty in the "vault" (the pictures I took of the steering rack were shot in complete darkness and lying on an oil and dust covered floor) and I could barely grab the VIN from the label. In order to get that shot, I had to rely on Elira holding her camcorder's light across the car and me shooting a macro shot without a flash. Extremely poor lighting hampered some good information collecting. Trust me - I did EVERYTHING I could to grab as much information as I could on the steering setup. I'll post the pictures I took of the rack next. Hopefully someone can see something I didn't.

------------------
Boomtastic

PFF
System Bot
Boomtastic

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2002 05:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoomtasticClick Here to visit Boomtastic's HomePageSend a Private Message to BoomtasticDirect Link to This Post

Boomtastic

2359 posts
Member since May 2000
These pics normally wouldn't be posted due to their poor quality, but I felt that they were important enough to be seen. So, here's more of the power steering! (Yes - some pics look like others, but they are all different in minor ways)

MsBeth

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2002 07:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MsBethClick Here to visit MsBeth's HomePageSend a Private Message to MsBethDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boomtastic:
MsBeth likes Absolute, but I warn you - most of her (and Elvira's) postings were fueled by this substance! FEAR THE WRATH! :P

------------------

MsBeth

MsBeth

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2002 07:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MsBethClick Here to visit MsBeth's HomePageSend a Private Message to MsBethDirect Link to This Post

MsBeth

1002 posts
Member since Jun 2001

Originally posted by ironhedno3:
msbeth you rock!!!!!!im looking foward to meeting you at the swap meet..what brand of vodka do you like????keith

Thank you Keith, I look forward to meeting me and all the PFF folks and visiting with old friends...that's why we do this!

As for the Vodka - absolute is good (the real russian stuff is better and no hangover!LOL) I just have to remember to bring my own mixer - couldn't find any in Cal.

See you in April.

MsBeth

MsBeth

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2002 07:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MsBethClick Here to visit MsBeth's HomePageSend a Private Message to MsBethDirect Link to This Post

MsBeth

1002 posts
Member since Jun 2001

I'll be there, but MsBeth won't be (she's working). You can tell me all the reasons you and Josh can't go to AL and I'll tell you why you can ...

Yeah what Boomer said.

MsBeth

MsBeth

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2002 07:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MsBethClick Here to visit MsBeth's HomePageSend a Private Message to MsBethDirect Link to This Post

MsBeth

1002 posts
Member since Jun 2001
Hey Boomer - nice pics, can't wait to see the rest.

MsBeth

DRH

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 55
Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2002 08:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DRHSend a Private Message to DRHDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hairy_Fiero:
My 87 Gt's tailights look just like those. Has an orangesh yellow turn signal. So do all the other Gt's I see.

Oops, I knew that... I guess the camera angle just made it more obvious than usual.

Boomtastic

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2002 08:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoomtasticClick Here to visit Boomtastic's HomePageSend a Private Message to BoomtasticDirect Link to This Post
I'm a tad busy, but anyone with some time on their hands want to call Pontiac Historical Services and have 'em run the VIN on this baby? Or even a CarFax would be fun .. Any takers?

------------------
Boomtastic

Elvira

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2002 11:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ElviraSend a Private Message to ElviraDirect Link to This Post

MsBeth likes Absolute, but I warn you - most of her (and Elvira's) postings were fueled by this substance! FEAR THE WRATH! :P

Come on Boomtastic, you KNOW I was drinking Tangueray! And um MsBeth and I have a couple of choice New England moon pics also that were a little fueled!

------------------
Elvira
Blue 87GT
Black 86GT 5sp x 2
86SC t-top 58k miles
84 Indy
87 4-seater

[This message has been edited by Elvira (edited 03-06-2002).]

Fiero5

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 367
Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2002 11:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Direct Link to This Post
Arrrgh!

Can soneone please come help us get my "starts but immediatly quits" 86Gt running so I can go too?
Not getting it running is starting to make my head spin

Pleeeeeaaaase?

OK, let's start talking deals here. Who can come up and figure out this stupid thing?
Somebody must be able to come here and look it over and say, "Oh, here is what it is"
I will make it worth your while [img]http://www.stopstart.btinternet.co.uk/sm/winker.gif[img]

We have tried for weeks and can't seem to find the problem yet

I'm really serious here

I want to get it running so I can finish fixing it up. So when someone see's me cruising by their jaw will drop

Let me know

Steve

[This message has been edited by Fiero5 (edited 03-06-2002).]

MsBeth

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2002 12:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MsBethClick Here to visit MsBeth's HomePageSend a Private Message to MsBethDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Elvira:
Come on Boomtastic, you KNOW I was drinking Tangueray! And um MsBeth and I have a couple of choice New England moon pics also that were a little fueled!

Oh yeah - wonder how the girls at the KPM (Kodak Picture Maker) are gonna like those photos Betcha they make doubles for themselves - hehehe.

Think they have room in the newsletter for a few choice photos of the guys Elvira???

MsBeth

PFF
System Bot
Elvira

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2002 02:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ElviraSend a Private Message to ElviraDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MsBeth:

Oh yeah - wonder how the girls at the KPM (Kodak Picture Maker) are gonna like those photos Betcha they make doubles for themselves - hehehe.

Think they have room in the newsletter for a few choice photos of the guys Elvira???

MsBeth

I think Boomtastic's tags answer that one the best! Oh Yeah!!!!

fierobear

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 383
Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2002 05:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero5:

I want to get it running so I can finish fixing it up. So when someone see's me cruising by their jaw will drop

Let me know

Steve

[This message has been edited by Fiero5 (edited 03-06-2002).]

Maybe start a new thread asking for help? Maybe in the tech section? We'd need more details, what you've tried, what you've replaced, etc.

SCCA FIERO

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2002 06:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SCCA FIEROSend a Private Message to SCCA FIERODirect Link to This Post
Did anyone notice the rear fascia? It has the ribbed molding, but does not have "PONTIAC" molded in it.

I also don't think I have ever seen fastback deck vents with the sceen under them.

[This message has been edited by SCCA FIERO (edited 03-06-2002).]

Fiero5

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 367
Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2002 07:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Direct Link to This Post
quoted by fierobear:
"Maybe start a new thread asking for help? Maybe in the tech section? We'd need more details, what you've tried, what you've replaced, etc."

I did. Go check the Technical section and you should see it pretty easily

Steve

TI_3VOM

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2002 08:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TI_3VOMSend a Private Message to TI_3VOMDirect Link to This Post
HHHHMMMMM......
....is that a strut tower brace I see in that picture of the engine bay?? It's thin and black, but it's there.
Sleeper

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2002 08:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SleeperSend a Private Message to SleeperDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TI_3VOM:
HHHHMMMMM......
....is that a strut tower brace I see in that picture of the engine bay?? It's thin and black, but it's there.

no that is a hood prop, cuz the decklid is too heavy with that whale tail style wing.

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock