Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Here they are! The WCF sponsored 89/90 Fiero pics! (Page 3)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 
Previous Page | Next Page
Here they are! The WCF sponsored 89/90 Fiero pics! by Boomtastic
Started on: 03-02-2002 07:24 PM
Replies: 186
Last post by: Sleeper on 03-06-2002 08:54 PM
West Coast Fiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2002 12:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for West Coast FieroClick Here to visit West Coast Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to West Coast FieroDirect Link to This Post
As I recall - I shook the hands of both Mr. and Mrs. Dabrowski here at the shop early Saturday morning and said thank you for making it out, it was also about that time that Eric Schneck introduced himself and I told him he had a great name, seeing as how it is the same as mine.

I thank everybody for coming out and seeing a Fiero that nobody has seen ina very long time, as well as the other pricless cars that we got to sit in and mess with.

My personal favorite was the 1913 Stutz Bearcat - 1 of 3 in existance. Amazing technology in the car for the time - especially the gear driven speedo that is driven off the front driverside wheel

I also liked the 1997 Popular Mechanics Honda Accors that was there - which Fahkri, Greg, and I got to check out. This was great as the details of how 230+ hp from no external mods were never answered in public, but we got to poke our noses into it.

There was also "Steve Urkel's" BMW Isseta - what was BMW thinking

Batmobile was pretty cool too

We Fahkri and I also managed to get pictures of the prototype RX-7 they had down there which was a rolling mock-up, however the folks at the RX-7 forum would love to have them - we will send them over as soon as were done cataloging everything.

We also got to poke and prod the 1959 Plymouth Fury that was in Steven King's "Christine", and later modified with a supercharger and extras which served as the model for the Hotwheels car.

Also there was the 1978 "Carpetbagger" - one of the first rails in drag raccing to incorporate the engine behind the driver.

Plus the 1967 Le Mans Cobra Coupe in which they made only 6 of. Every body got a kick out of this, especially after they got done man handling the thing and was told by the curator that the car is worth $4 million.

there was the 1955 Ford Thunderbird with a 312 Paxton Supercharger which was all built in 1956 - WAAAAAAAY ahead of its time. This car was built for Bonneville and I believe we were told that it still holds a record for thunderbird.

Also the 1967 Porsche 911 - however it was originally called the 901, but Porsche got into a dispute with Pugoet and had to rename it to 911. That particular car was serial #44. I would want to even imagine the price that some Porsche collectors would have paid for that car.

The Rolls Royce which if I remember correctly was a 1970 series. Buetiful car and possibly one of the most expensive cars at the museum - and we all got to touch and oogle over it.

They also had a 58-59 Porsche Spyder down there - the same type of car that James Dean was killed in years ago.

They also had a very strange McLaren race car down there - strange because it ran a chevy 427, all built for Can-Am. It was usuall for that era McLaren to run a Ford powerplant - but this one was one of a kind - as I recall it was completely redone by the owner, but than gave it to the mueum as he did not like the way it drove.

Not to mention the 300+ '32 Fords, panel trucks, 3 window, 5 window, convertibles we all got to see, in which we came across Tim Allen and Jay Leno.

It was a great turn out, but even better was that it brought together lots of Fiero people who ALL had a great time.

Thank you everybody for attending and we will see you next time

------------------
( the above was the thoughts, views, and opinions of a disgruntled Fiero mechanic, and do not express or
imply those of West Coast Fiero, Fieros West, or any other organization - just that of this poor
bastard )
:)

Eric Nelson
Technician,
West Coast Fiero
310-305-4111

IP: Logged
fierobear

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 383
Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2002 12:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Smoooooth GT:
I just got off the phone with Eric at WCF... All I can say is.. It's alway's better to get the *other* side of the story!!

It's all over with .. I apologize to EVERYONE if I offfened anyone!!!
It's all over!!!!

Damn, I would have liked to have heard *that* conversation.

Fiero5

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 367
Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2002 12:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Direct Link to This Post
"Eric asked the museum to see the car prior and they said no. NO. What part of NO is so difficult for you to understand."

Hmmm, obviously you are not aware that even the smallest museums have multiple people that are in charge. A museum that large has enough people I am sure that "if" Eric had continued to persue it, he would have gotten what was "needed" for information.
Did Eric continue to ask around and check with a variety of people at the museum? Or did he just check with the very knowledgeable janitor and leave it at that?

Obviously the only thing any of you people have to hang your hats on to try and convince all of us that it's "somebody elses fault" with this whole screw up, are two things:
1) The museum "apparently" didn't know what they had.
2) Eric "apparently" asked to see the car prior and was told no.

I am an events director for a Fiero club. I check and double check and don't let up until I have what I need to know. Then and only then do I release information to the masses and move on.
Too bad you people at WCF don't know how to run an event, or be caring understanding hosts, or be sympathetic in the aftermath of a bad situation.

Steve Kelley
Events Director-NEFA
New England Fiero Association

fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2002 12:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boomtastic:

At least there is some silver lining then?

Hey, you *did* have a nice weekend in L.A. Sunshine, 75 degress, fellow Fiero people, etc. Sorry things got messed up. It was nice to meet your group.

West Coast Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2002 12:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for West Coast FieroClick Here to visit West Coast Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to West Coast FieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero5:
"Eric asked the museum to see the car prior and they said no. NO. What part of NO is so difficult for you to understand."

Hmmm, obviously you are not aware that even the smallest museums have multiple people that are in charge. A museum that large has enough people I am sure that "if" Eric had continued to persue it, he would have gotten what was "needed" for information.
Did Eric continue to ask around and check with a variety of people at the museum? Or did he just check with the very knowledgeable janitor and leave it at that?

Obviously the only thing any of you people have to hang your hats on to try and convince all of us that it's "somebody elses fault" with this whole screw up, are two things:
1) The museum "apparently" didn't know what they had.
2) Eric "apparently" asked to see the car prior and was told no.

I am an events director for a Fiero club. I check and double check and don't let up until I have what I need to know. Then and only then do I release information to the masses and move on.
Too bad you people at WCF don't know how to run an event, or be caring understanding hosts, or be sympathetic in the aftermath of a bad situation.

Steve Kelley
Events Director-NEFA
New England Fiero Association

does this mean you won't be coming to an event out here?

------------------
( the above was the thoughts, views, and opinions of a disgruntled Fiero mechanic, and do not express or
imply those of West Coast Fiero, Fieros West, or any other organization - just that of this poor
bastard )
:)

Eric Nelson
Technician,
West Coast Fiero
310-305-4111

Jaygee79

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2002 12:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jaygee79Send a Private Message to Jaygee79Direct Link to This Post
I'd like to hear this too. could prove to be interesting reading.

normally i would be enjoying reading all of this, but it was my personal friends that got screwed. kinda puts a damper on it.

[This message has been edited by Jaygee79 (edited 03-04-2002).]

fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2002 12:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by West Coast Fiero:
does this mean you won't be coming to an event out here?

I had a great time this weekend, Eric, but remember that even (or especially) in the Fiero community, no good deed goes unpunished.

Cheever3000

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2002 01:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Direct Link to This Post
Maybe since I wan't there I should not have said anything, but I sent an email to the name at the top of this list of Petersen Museum administrators. Here's what I said...

"Hello. My name is Chuck Hodges, president of Classic Fiero Owners Group International. I am aware of a recent visit by a group of Fiero enthusiasts to see the Fiero in your vault area. Let me start by saying I was not involved in the planning of this trip and was not one of the group in the visit. But I would like to address two things.

"First, Eric Nelson was told by your people that the car was an 89 prototype, and this turned out to be incorrect. It was neither an 89 nor a prototype. I'm curious why your people gave out information which had not been confirmed. The 89/90 Fiero prototypes are legendary among Fiero enthusiasts, and mysterious due to GM's silence & secrecy about them. That is why people were signing up from all over North America to come and see one at your museum. It was difficult for Eric to cut the list down to about 30. They went to great trouble and expense to be there and to bring camera & video equipment for documenting the occassion. The disappointment was great, I'm sorry to say. It also has spread to Fiero owners around the world.

"Second, the pictures I've seen of the car show a dirty engine. I am attaching one of those pictures. Please compare it to another picture of the engine of a different car in your museum, taken by the same person during the same visit. Yes, I'm biased, and defensive when it comes to Fieros, but I don't understand why you haven't given the Fiero the same care you give custom rods."

------------------

President, CFOG-I

Smoooooth GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 310
Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2002 01:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Smoooooth GTSend a Private Message to Smoooooth GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierobear:
Damn, I would have liked to have heard *that* conversation.

It was a good and informative conversation... We are cool!!
Fierobear... I look forward to mmeting the WCF guy's this summer if ya'll make it here!!

------------------

www.thefibersmith.com Technical Support (903) 825-7744
"Smoooooth GT"
Euro Rear taillight's, Shaved door handles, sidetrim, Custom-Double-side scoop's, sail scoop's, Custom 'VENTED' hood, Rustang decklid scoop, BMW Z~3 vent's, Ferrari~308 headlight cover's, Custom RE-designed Fender's, Custom made-front and rear fascia's...

fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2002 01:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

Fierobear... I look forward to mmeting the WCF guy's this summer if ya'll make it here!!

Make it there for what? What Fiero event am I missing?

JohnnyK

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 354
Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2002 01:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnnyKSend a Private Message to JohnnyKDirect Link to This Post
From what I have seen on this forum, doesn't matter if WCF put on a perfect show, somenoe would still insult and the snowballing would begin.. Anyways, I'm going to have to agree with stimpy on this one (eh? Who said that).. There are some people I would not invite to a meet if I threw one.
PFF
System Bot
Smoooooth GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2002 02:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Smoooooth GTSend a Private Message to Smoooooth GTDirect Link to This Post

Make it there for what? What Fiero event am I missing?

Eric said he thought that there was one here(Texas) this summer..??... I'm not sure when or where...

onfire

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2002 03:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for onfireSend a Private Message to onfireDirect Link to This Post
Wow I just got home not to long ago. I actually got into town about 2p.m. But I was at my friends house for awhile.

My friend and I almost didn't make it. It was just over 1100 miles one way. At mile 408 we had car trouble. Nothing a little J.B. Weld couldn't fix. We were contemplating on returning home, or to go for it. All I can say is I am glad we decided to go for it. We left thurs. at about 9p.m. and finally got West Coast Fiero at about 7:45p.m. friday. We had a great time meeting everyone friday night, and checking out all of the cars. WCF also let four of us sleep in the motorhome. The Fiero at the museum was somewhat of a disapointment, but all in all the museum itself was cool. Over all the trip was great, except for the car trouble. WCF helped fix the Toyota 4Runner for a more reliable trip home. Thanks for the help.
We left saturday night at about 9p.m. and got home about 2p.m. sunday. Over five hours fster coming back. Car troubles suck. Of course I couldn't leave without bringing something back so I got a new dogbone.

Pictures of Fieros coming soon. Unless of course no one is inerested.

------------------

onfire

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2002 04:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for onfireSend a Private Message to onfireDirect Link to This Post

onfire

1560 posts
Member since Oct 2000
Here is a picture of the car, and me with the video camera.
Old Lar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2002 08:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by West Coast Fiero:

We also got to poke and prod the 1959 Plymouth Fury that was in Steven King's "Christine", and later modified with a supercharger and extras which served as the model for the Hotwheels car.

Not to nit-pic but Chritine was a 1958 Plymouth Fury.

Eric_PA

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2002 08:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Eric_PASend a Private Message to Eric_PADirect Link to This Post
I feel sorry for those who have traveled to see the prototype and it wasn't there. There is definately a lack of organization. I had my problems with WCF and they where never resolved. I got tired of the BS. For all htose who feel they have been cheated/lied to out there, I know the feeling.

grinthock

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2002 08:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for grinthockClick Here to visit grinthock's HomePageSend a Private Message to grinthockDirect Link to This Post

I am very interested to hear what was said, you were so pissed and now their best friends... What changed.

As for the apology from WCF I think it's fair.

chester
From: State of insanity...moved in and comfortably numb...

Feedback score:    (42)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2002 10:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for chesterSend a Private Message to chesterDirect Link to This Post

Like I said Smoooooth GT, why don't you share? We're all dying to hear this "other side" I for one. What gives?

chester
From: State of insanity...moved in and comfortably numb...

Feedback score:    (42)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2002 10:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for chesterSend a Private Message to chesterDirect Link to This Post

chester

4063 posts
Member since Jun 2001

Originally posted by grinthock:

I am very interested to hear what was said, you were so pissed and now their best friends... What changed.

As for the apology from WCF I think it's fair.

What apology from WCF? I've yet to see one unless I'm missing something?

tgowens

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2002 10:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tgowensClick Here to visit tgowens's HomePageSend a Private Message to tgowensDirect Link to This Post
hmmmmmmm, that strayed a long way from the original post.........

The car is one of the Pontiac Motorsports project cars based on the IMSA GTU. It IS an '84 with the 2.7L 4-cyl Super Duty engine....

MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2002 10:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post
Ok... I'm now officially tired of reading this thread. But, I have a real question...

Did anyone there happen to help Peterson Museum out by giving them the real story on the car? A little history and info- so something like this doesn't happen again? How about sending them some real pics of a 89-90 Fiero prototype for their records?

PFF
System Bot
Smoooooth GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2002 12:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Smoooooth GTSend a Private Message to Smoooooth GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by chester:
Like I said Smoooooth GT, why don't you share? We're all dying to hear this "other side" I for one. What gives?

Well... I did'nt talk to Chris himself... I talked to Eric though... IHe said "Hello, West Coast.." I said.. "Who the Fu(k is this..??" and so on... *Ended* up being a civil conversation. He just said that They put out the word to meet at the *Shelby*(?) at 1:15.. They waited there til 1:45. Then they left in 3 seperate group's heading to Paradice Cove. Then when they arrived at tthe restraunt they waited about an hour for everyone to get there... He did'nt understand why even if everyone got lost everyone had a map to the museum, the shop, and to Paradice Cove... He said that he did'nt understand why if someone got lost that why did'nt they just go back tothe shop since that's where everybody came from???
I talked to him and got somewhat the other side of the story.. He felt really bad becauce Eric is really bad about leaving the East Coaster's behind...
I got several PM's from several member's of PFF.. asking me to cool it and drop everything before Cliff got into this mess.... I realize that I should'nt have went off on WCF like I did... It was not my place to do so!!
I don't think that we are bf now...LOL.. where that came from .. who know's?? Eric just thought that I *ended* up being a cool guy... Again... I apologize to Cliff, and all the PFF member's for acting the way I did... everyone know that Smooth is not like that!!! Chester, Elvira, Boomatistic, Mrs. Beth and whoever else traveled so far... I feel bad that everything happened like it did... Ya'll got the short end..

------------------

"Smoooooth GT"
Euro Rear taillight's, Shaved door handles, sidetrim, Custom-Double-side scoop's, sail scoop's, Custom 'VENTED' hood, Rustang decklid scoop, BMW Z~3 vent's, Ferrari~308 headlight cover's, Custom RE-designed Fender's, Custom made-front and rear fascia's...

fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2002 12:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MinnGreenGT:
Ok... I'm now officially tired of reading this thread. [b]But, I have a real question...

Did anyone there happen to help Peterson Museum out by giving them the real story on the car? A little history and info- so something like this doesn't happen again? How about sending them some real pics of a 89-90 Fiero prototype for their records?[/B]

Phil Huff (FOCOA) gave a the assembled crowd some info.

MsBeth

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2002 01:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MsBethClick Here to visit MsBeth's HomePageSend a Private Message to MsBethDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jaygee79:
lol that just sounds funny

ROFLMAO -

MsBeth (aka Mrs Boomtastic ????)

[This message has been edited by MsBeth (edited 03-04-2002).]

JohnnyK

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 354
Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2002 02:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnnyKSend a Private Message to JohnnyKDirect Link to This Post
Smooth: No offense man, but from the past 5 threads of so here, you have came off like the biggest ******* I've ever seen..
Mickey_Moose

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 143
Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2002 02:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mickey_MooseClick Here to visit Mickey_Moose's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mickey_MooseDirect Link to This Post
my 2 cents...

if I had gone (and would have had it been in the late summer) - I would not have 'just' gone to see the Fiero...I for one like almost all cars and seeing the ones in the museum would have been great, plus I would have taken time to go a see other sites around town. Blaming WCF for anything is just plain ignorance...after all they did take the time to set up the event (sure maybe they were given the wrong info - but that is no fault of their own as the museum is the only ones that 'should' know what they have stored away). If you did not enjoy yourselves there, then you, pretty much, are the only ones to blame.

NOW can we cut all this crap and see some more pictures of the Fiero (and other cars too if you don't mind) - for those of us that couldn't make it and would just like to see the cars and not read the BS?!?

Tim

Jaygee79

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2002 02:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jaygee79Send a Private Message to Jaygee79Direct Link to This Post
how many people have to say that they are not blaming WCF for the fiero thing before people actually get it?
Elvira

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2002 02:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ElviraSend a Private Message to ElviraDirect Link to This Post

Well... I did'nt talk to Chris himself... I talked to Eric though... IHe said "Hello, West Coast.." I said.. "Who the Fu(k is this..??" and so on... *Ended* up being a civil conversation. He just said that They put out the word to meet at the *Shelby*(?) at 1:15.. They waited there til 1:45. Then they left in 3 seperate group's heading to Paradice Cove. Then when they arrived at tthe restraunt they waited about an hour for everyone to get there... He did'nt understand why even if everyone got lost everyone had a map to the museum, the shop, and to Paradice Cove... He said that he did'nt understand why if someone got lost that why did'nt they just go back tothe shop since that's where everybody came from???
I talked to him and got somewhat the other side of the story.. He felt really bad becauce Eric is really bad about leaving the East Coaster's behind...
I got several PM's from several member's of PFF.. asking me to cool it and drop everything before Cliff got into this mess.... I realize that I should'nt have went off on WCF like I did... It was not my place to do so!!
I don't think that we are bf now...LOL.. where that came from .. who know's?? Eric just thought that I *ended* up being a cool guy... Again... I apologize to Cliff, and all the PFF member's for acting the way I did... everyone know that Smooth is not like that!!! Chester, Elvira, Boomatistic, Mrs. Beth and whoever else traveled so far... I feel bad that everything happened like it did... Ya'll got the short end..

I am sorry to say that NO meeting place was mentioned and when Eric and a group left, NOTHING was said. They just walked out. I was standing outside the gift shop waiting for Boomtastic and MsBeth who were buying some souveniers. The door that Eric went out was not 15 feet away! They didn't say they were leaving, the maps? Yeah right! All we wanted; no expected, which I guess we shouldn't have; was a little common courtesy. It goes a long way here in the North East! Let's just end this as WCF will never admit they screwed up by leaving a group of invited strangers in one of the largest cities in America! Enough said. Thanks..

gtsonly

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2002 03:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gtsonlySend a Private Message to gtsonlyDirect Link to This Post
Nothing against WCF or anybody, but I have yet to see a Fiero Function go down without problems. 2001, Williamsburg VA., Fiero Nationals, at a school, could we use the bathrooms? Hell no, we had to walk 3 blocks to the gas station. The whole process never gets completely thought out and people get pissed. Fact of life!!!!!!

Mrs. Boomtastic- you both got something to tell me?

Fierobear, don't take this the wrong way but quit the a__kissing. Just my observation!!!

onfire

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2002 03:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for onfireSend a Private Message to onfireDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Mickey_Moose:
my 2 cents...
NOW can we cut all this crap and see some more pictures of the Fiero (and other cars too if you don't mind) - for those of us that couldn't make it and would just like to see the cars and not read the BS?!?

Tim

------------------

Elvira

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2002 03:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ElviraSend a Private Message to ElviraDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by gtsonly:
Nothing against WCF or anybody, but I have yet to see a Fiero Function go down without problems. 2001, Williamsburg VA., Fiero Nationals, at a school, could we use the bathrooms? Hell no, we had to walk 3 blocks to the gas station. The whole process never gets completely thought out and people get pissed. Fact of life!!!!!!

Fierobear, don't take this the wrong way but quit the a__kissing. Just my observation!!!

Well, you might want to ask the SEVERAL Fieros we had for NEFA's FIRST Fall Foliage Cruise, which started on the Mass/NH border and went 2-3 HOURS up the coast of Maine, with NO LOST OR LEFT BEHIND PEOPLE!!! The secret here people, is a couple of walkie talkies. If New England is civilized enough to have them, I'm sure a state as high-tech as California has them. You have Wal-marts, don't you?? Chester and I and Boomtastic were Event's Directors for NEFA for 2 YEARS and whenever we planned a cruise or event, we made sure EVERYONE was together and accounted for! It isn't real hard to do, ESPECIALLY for the people who flew/drove in from MANY, MANY miles away. Sorry but like I said, COMMON COURTESY, MANNERS, whatever you want to call it would have been VERY appreciated!! We would have LOVED to see more of California, but not at the 40-60mph we did going TO the museum (yes, we have video to prove THAT trip!). We NEVER blamed WCF for the museum screw-up. It was NOT WCF's fault, but they DO need to enroll in MANNERS 101! Class is in session!

PFF
System Bot
Smoooooth GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2002 03:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Smoooooth GTSend a Private Message to Smoooooth GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JohnnyK:
Smooth: No offense man, but from the past 5 threads of so here, you have came off like the biggest ******* I've ever seen..

Now your going to run your mouth??? I posted my opinion!!! WCF was wrong for leaving them the way they DID!! Being an A$$hole is what you have to do to get your point across sometime's huh?? I was just standing up for Chester, Elvira, Boom, and Mrs. Beth... I'm sorry that everyone or anyone think's that I was being an A-hole!!! sorry..

------------------

"Smoooooth GT"

MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2002 03:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by onfire:

Hmmm... interesting dash. '84 Temp & Fuel gauges, 150mph Speedo, and 7k redline tach (speedo & tach appear to be backlit). Wierd combo... guess It matches the car.

U Wanna Race

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2002 05:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for U Wanna RaceSend a Private Message to U Wanna RaceDirect Link to This Post
All I want to know is where can I get some gauges like that. 150mph, that would be great.
blakeinspace

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2002 05:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceDirect Link to This Post
Onfire-- thanks for the pics....

were the guages frozen in that position? I doubt that a stored car has 1/2 tank of gas and is running 20 miles an hour through a museum!

Boomtastic

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 121
Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2002 07:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoomtasticClick Here to visit Boomtastic's HomePageSend a Private Message to BoomtasticDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by gtsonly:

Awww shuddap!

Okay all - this thread has become congested. Anyone opposed to me starting a new one without the flames (flaming can continue in here if need be. )where those that attended can simply post all the pics w/captions? We ALL have great photos - why not share them with those that are asking? Or am I too late?

------------------
Boomtastic

Springtyme

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2002 08:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpringtymeSend a Private Message to SpringtymeDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rockcrawl:
It's too bad a guy has to live down the street from WCF to get good service.

Apparently, he was right in saying this a while back, and it still holds true to this day. Anyone notice how he doesn't post much anymore? Like many I know, he got tired of the Unfortunatly, thats all this board is anymore... *sigh* Ever wish you could turn back time?

------------------
For those of you who don't know, yes I'm crazy.
~~~~~
1988 Coupe 4 cyl.
0-infinity in 2 seconds flat

86 gt fastback

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2002 09:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86 gt fastbackSend a Private Message to 86 gt fastbackDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MinnGreenGT:
Hmmm... interesting dash. '84 Temp & Fuel gauges, 150mph Speedo, and 7k redline tach (speedo & tach appear to be backlit). Wierd combo... guess It matches the car.

my speedo reads 300 km/h which is about 180 miles/hour

[This message has been edited by 86 gt fastback (edited 03-04-2002).]

MsBeth

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2002 12:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MsBethClick Here to visit MsBeth's HomePageSend a Private Message to MsBethDirect Link to This Post

remember that even (or especially) in the Fiero community, no good deed goes unpunished.

Apparently leaving people behind is considered a "good deed"? Guess we've been doing them wrong all this time guys.

MsBeth
(one of the stranded)

fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2002 12:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MsBeth:

Apparently leaving people behind is considered a "good deed"? Guess we've been doing them wrong all this time guys.

MsBeth
(one of the stranded)

I was talking about the attempt to do something special for fellow Fiero people. He didn't have to do anything at all - no party, no tour, no nothing. He could have just gone to see the car by himself or with a few friends, and they crowed about it. Instead, he tried to share it with other, threw together an event and things went wrong. So, he's getting reamed for his trouble.

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock