350 powered Fiero by Chris Hodson
Started on: 09-23-2010 10:57 PM
Replies: 195
Last post by: Stubby79 on 01-12-2012 02:02 PM
ICCAMDFIERO

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2011 07:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ICCAMDFIEROSend a Private Message to ICCAMDFIERODirect Link to This Post
haha yea this gives me a little better look at what you were thinking. It actually doesnt look to bad. If you can get it to work... and not get pulled over for noise violation once a week. Id say go for it! Might as well while your at it used that trunk space for some turbo'S!

I own your 5th page!!

[This message has been edited by ICCAMDFIERO (edited 07-12-2011).]

IP: Logged
Chris Hodson

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2011 01:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris HodsonSend a Private Message to Chris HodsonDirect Link to This Post
Congrats in regards to page 5 lol. Im still not sure what I want going on with the exhaust. It would be a lot easier to dump it out the sides under the rockers because its pretty much there already. The guy im getting my headers from is in texas right now but come monday we shall see what he has got for me. I guess he has some block huggers that will fit but for all i know they could be rusty and have bad welds. Nothing a little sand blasting and paint could fix though. Another possibility would be to run both sides into a 2 in 1 out muffler somewhere up front and dump it out the back like stock. So many options. Heat needs to be considered, lbs need to be considered, along with cost. I got a week to think about it.
Chris Hodson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2011 12:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris HodsonSend a Private Message to Chris HodsonDirect Link to This Post
captain America engine right now but I have Chrome valve covers coming soon and the intake manifold with be a flat black. Im still planning the exhaust, im 80% positive im going to dump it out the rockers but as far as what headers to use i am not sure. I would hate to throw the stock ones on. They look like crap, they have so many visible casting flaws inside and out, plus they are very heavy.

Holy crap....

Here is stock setup.

Here is the setup I will run...
This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

Does this look right? The crud is from me removing the intake gaskets.

I am not sure how heavy a stock decklid is, but here is mine.

Hoping to get this together in the next couple of days. There are so many car shows over the next couple of weeks!

[This message has been edited by Chris Hodson (edited 07-26-2011).]

fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 258
Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2011 06:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruDirect Link to This Post
Depending on your alternator placement, you might be able to use some headers for the 3rd gen camaro or the mid 90's SBC truck headers and point them forward. Here are a couple stainless steel versions on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymot...fPartsQ5fAccessories

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymot...fPartsQ5fAccessories
BlackThunderGT

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2011 08:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackThunderGTSend a Private Message to BlackThunderGTDirect Link to This Post
Have not stopped in this thread in awhile... it's looking great
Chris Hodson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2011 04:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris HodsonSend a Private Message to Chris HodsonDirect Link to This Post
Thanks guru, those actually look like they would work.

Feel free to stop by any time A lot is going to happen real quick.
Chris Hodson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2011 12:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris HodsonSend a Private Message to Chris HodsonDirect Link to This Post
Just about got it put together.

Ill get some high res pics once I find the charger cord for my camera.
Oreif

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 442
Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2011 06:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifDirect Link to This Post
Looking good.

Only comment I have is to not use that air cleaner. Have seen many of them catch on fire. The foam media in the filter will burn.
I am using the edelbrock 10" round with a 3" high K&N air filter. You can use the 14" as well and use the K&N filter top with a 2" tall filter as well.

[This message has been edited by Oreif (edited 07-23-2011).]

Chris Hodson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2011 09:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris HodsonSend a Private Message to Chris HodsonDirect Link to This Post
I only have about 3 inches to work with. Im wondering if there is a different foam or filter element i could use in this housing to prevent the flame issue. Thank you for letting me know about that.
Chris Hodson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2011 07:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris HodsonSend a Private Message to Chris HodsonDirect Link to This Post
Still assembling. A few sensors are not the same size and or different so i need to figure it out. Not a big deal.
Still should be ready for the Heartland Fiero show.

INKUBUS

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2011 05:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for INKUBUSSend a Private Message to INKUBUSDirect Link to This Post
what kind of tranny its that?? where i can find???
PFF
System Bot
Chris Hodson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2011 05:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris HodsonSend a Private Message to Chris HodsonDirect Link to This Post
Read through this.
http://www.fieroaddiction.com/SBCLa.html

[This message has been edited by Chris Hodson (edited 07-26-2011).]

Chris Hodson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2011 12:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris HodsonSend a Private Message to Chris HodsonDirect Link to This Post
Not much but dropped a few lbs. Just junk in the front ill never use.

A bit here and there starts adding up. Ill be moving a few things up front from the back.

Chris Hodson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2011 02:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris HodsonSend a Private Message to Chris HodsonDirect Link to This Post
Exhaust is completed. Just have about 4 wires to lengthen and the fluids need dumped in.

More pics later.
Chris Hodson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2011 02:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris HodsonSend a Private Message to Chris HodsonDirect Link to This Post

Chris Hodson

3066 posts
Member since Aug 2006
It just dumps out the side in front of back tires

fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 258
Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2011 03:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruDirect Link to This Post
I have been curious of those Ebay headers for a while and it is hard to beat the price. My biggest issue with them is the rectangular turbo flange (I would have cut the turbo flange off them and taken them to an exhaust shop to expand the collector to be round again).
Chris Hodson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2011 11:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris HodsonSend a Private Message to Chris HodsonDirect Link to This Post
I had the same thoughts. I had a buddy make adapter plates, I hammered the exhaust tube a bit to make it somewhat square and it fit right in. I welded it up and ground it smooth on the inside. The transition from round to square to round is very smooth and I cant see it messing with the flow of things to bad.
Chris Hodson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2011 11:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris HodsonSend a Private Message to Chris HodsonDirect Link to This Post

Chris Hodson

3066 posts
Member since Aug 2006
The turbo flange may come in handy later on. As far as how long these last, we shall see.
ghost187x

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2011 11:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ghost187xSend a Private Message to ghost187xDirect Link to This Post
what do you do for storage/trunk space? i guess you can cut up the front and make some room for a front trunk

Chris Hodson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2011 12:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris HodsonSend a Private Message to Chris HodsonDirect Link to This Post
LOL storage? My car is lucky it even has a passenger seat. I do not plan to haul anything aside from a bag of clothes and maybe a spare tire for long hauls.
Chris Hodson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2011 12:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris HodsonSend a Private Message to Chris HodsonDirect Link to This Post

Chris Hodson

3066 posts
Member since Aug 2006
Maybe ill use an ammo box to hold tools up front. A set of sockets and a few screwdrivers and some duct tape.
PFF
System Bot
Chris Hodson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2011 03:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris HodsonSend a Private Message to Chris HodsonDirect Link to This Post
So close. If I could just get a few min to myself to do a few more things, ill be on the road.
Chris Hodson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2011 03:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris HodsonSend a Private Message to Chris HodsonDirect Link to This Post

Chris Hodson

3066 posts
Member since Aug 2006
Erik

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2011 03:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ErikSend a Private Message to ErikDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Chris Hodson:

Love the license plate angle I have mine set up like that
Chris Hodson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2011 09:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris HodsonSend a Private Message to Chris HodsonDirect Link to This Post
I had the carb set up for the last motor, wow was it running rich. BUT it started no problem once the fuel hit the carb This video doesn't do it justice, im going to get the good video recorder out so you guys can get a better idea of what this beast sounds like. Even with the bugs i still need to work out and the tuning way off - taking it down the road was awesome. I could hardly lean forward while accelerating.

ICCAMDFIERO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2011 07:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ICCAMDFIEROSend a Private Message to ICCAMDFIERODirect Link to This Post
loud enough?? lol
Chris Hodson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2011 08:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris HodsonSend a Private Message to Chris HodsonDirect Link to This Post
Maybe to loud.
Chris Hodson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2011 05:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris HodsonSend a Private Message to Chris HodsonDirect Link to This Post

BTW, thank you everyone for your comments and pm's etc. Replies: 186 (7660 views).

~ 7000 views being from our good friends over at RTF. Whatever that's worth.

Its nice to know Ive got a thread worth commenting on by people other than myself
Update - Ditching the QuadraJet, picking up a Demon. UNLESS I can somehow get my Holly double pumper back. I miss that carb.

Cheers.

Chris Hodson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2011 10:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris HodsonSend a Private Message to Chris HodsonDirect Link to This Post
Holly 600cfm vacum secondaries mechanical choke.

It quieted down a lot. It runs smoother. But there is a slight miss that has developed. Also its like the engine will idle up and sound great then it will idle down and sound loapy. If anyone here has technical advice let me know.

Other than the odd idle the only problem i have to deal with now is adjusting the cable that goes into the transmission. I think I need to make a special bracket so it pulls out enough.

Chris Hodson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2011 09:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris HodsonSend a Private Message to Chris HodsonDirect Link to This Post
Someone mentioned the vac advance being on the wrong port.
1986GTV8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2011 03:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1986GTV8Send a Private Message to 1986GTV8Direct Link to This Post
I would lean towards a vacuum leak rather than the wrong port.

Just my .02
PFF
System Bot
Chris Hodson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2011 03:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris HodsonSend a Private Message to Chris HodsonDirect Link to This Post
i sprayed ether around and nothing changed.
Oreif

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 442
Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2011 07:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifDirect Link to This Post
Posted info in your other thread about carbs.

------------------

Happiness isn't around the corner...
Happiness IS the corner.

ZZ4 Powered !!

Chris Hodson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2011 10:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris HodsonSend a Private Message to Chris HodsonDirect Link to This Post
Thanks
30+mpg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 97
Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2012 09:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 30+mpgSend a Private Message to 30+mpgDirect Link to This Post

------------------
Download Factory Service Manuals here: http://www.fieronews.net/fusion/downloads.php

Stubby79

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2012 02:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Stubby79Send a Private Message to Stubby79Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Chris Hodson:

I am not sure how heavy a stock decklid is, but here is mine.

Bit late chiming in, but the stock decklid is 29lbs.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock