Started on: 09-23-2010 10:57 PM
Replies: 195
Last post by: Stubby79 on 01-12-2012 02:02 PM
Chris Hodson

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2010 01:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris HodsonSend a Private Message to Chris HodsonDirect Link to This Post
You should buy it from me when im finished and then do that lol. Then I could finish my 3800 project.

Im not sure what year. Probably early 90's? Ill take a picture for you tomorrow after I try to mount some ridiculously wide tires to them.
IP: Logged
Niterrorz

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2010 02:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NiterrorzSend a Private Message to NiterrorzDirect Link to This Post
humm i just might do that how much you want? even tho i have a cadiero and a 3800 project and a restore poject going on already ehhh whats another fiero sitting in my driveway

[This message has been edited by Niterrorz (edited 10-30-2010).]

Chris Hodson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2010 09:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris HodsonSend a Private Message to Chris HodsonDirect Link to This Post
pretend its painted... then shoot me a price
Niterrorz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2010 06:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NiterrorzSend a Private Message to NiterrorzDirect Link to This Post
painted? you need not go that far :-) your actually like 5 hours away from me not to bad for an all day trip. if i can hammer down on this cadiero and get it done then sell it youll probably get a PM from me hopefully before next summer you know how sucky these winters can be trying to work in a freezing garage.
Chris Hodson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2010 12:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris HodsonSend a Private Message to Chris HodsonDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by Chris Hodson (edited 06-21-2011).]

Niterrorz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2010 02:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NiterrorzSend a Private Message to NiterrorzDirect Link to This Post
damn thats quicker than i thought... well theres no offer that i could give you that wouldnt sound like a low ball as of the moment :-(
Chris Hodson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2010 11:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris HodsonSend a Private Message to Chris HodsonDirect Link to This Post

So close. I need to run and get some sealer somewhere. All I could find tonight was duplicolor..... NO thanks. I should be able to find some nason sealer in the morning. I hope this is black by tomorrow night.
Chris Hodson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2010 11:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris HodsonSend a Private Message to Chris HodsonDirect Link to This Post

Chris Hodson

3066 posts
Member since Aug 2006

[This message has been edited by Chris Hodson (edited 11-17-2010).]

Chris Hodson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2010 07:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris HodsonSend a Private Message to Chris HodsonDirect Link to This Post
Its black.

Chris Hodson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2010 07:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris HodsonSend a Private Message to Chris HodsonDirect Link to This Post

Chris Hodson

3066 posts
Member since Aug 2006
ICCAMDFIERO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2010 10:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ICCAMDFIEROSend a Private Message to ICCAMDFIERODirect Link to This Post
Very Nice!
PFF
System Bot
Chris Hodson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2010 10:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris HodsonSend a Private Message to Chris HodsonDirect Link to This Post
I think I will buff the tail lights and paint the rims today. Im thinking gloss black rims with a thin red stripe around the lip to set it all off.
Niterrorz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2010 11:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NiterrorzSend a Private Message to NiterrorzDirect Link to This Post
oh damn son that looks great! DAMN YOU LIFE!!! why must i be poor right now!
NullHead

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2010 12:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NullHeadSend a Private Message to NullHeadDirect Link to This Post
That looks AMAZING!

The fiero of my dreams. A biga** chevy 350, deep shiny black *faints*
Justinbart

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2010 01:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JustinbartSend a Private Message to JustinbartDirect Link to This Post
Looks good from here, keep it up

------------------
Turbo 3800 E85 5spd spec5
11.53@126.7

Justinbart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2010 01:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JustinbartSend a Private Message to JustinbartDirect Link to This Post

Justinbart

3259 posts
Member since Sep 2009

Originally posted by Chris Hodson:

I think I will buff the tail lights and paint the rims today. Im thinking gloss black rims with a thin red stripe around the lip to set it all off.

Then a little red "GT" or "V8" lettering on the 1/4 window
darkhorizon

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 451
Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2010 01:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonDirect Link to This Post
I painted my sail windows black, it was a good idea.
Chris Hodson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2010 06:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris HodsonSend a Private Message to Chris HodsonDirect Link to This Post
Thank you for the compliments! The paint job cost maybe $80 minus labor "whatever that's worth".

I prepped my rims for paint, I decided to take the pontiac lettering off. I then realized the car is totally badged on the outside.

The sail panels were in rough shape already so i scuffed and primed. Im going to go ahead and paint them black also.

I should call the car "black out".

I was wondering.... Pontiac had a few other names for the Fiero. What were they? I thought one started with a P ?

I think I may get some chrome, stock looking "350" emblems and put them on both sides of the decklid scoop. Less is more.
Hockaday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2010 09:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HockadaySend a Private Message to HockadayDirect Link to This Post
Alternative names considered for the car were Sprint, P3000, Pegasus, Fiamma, Sunfire, and Firebird XP.
Source:http://www.gt.ppdictionary.com/
Chris Hodson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2010 10:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris HodsonSend a Private Message to Chris HodsonDirect Link to This Post
I like P3000. Or maybe P3K.
Hockaday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2010 10:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HockadaySend a Private Message to HockadayDirect Link to This Post
Since the name firebird xp was considered i may just use the phoenix instead of a hybrid emblem...=)
PFF
System Bot
Chris Hodson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2010 01:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris HodsonSend a Private Message to Chris HodsonDirect Link to This Post
How it sits atm

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

This is what I decided to do with the rims.

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.
Chris Hodson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2010 01:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris HodsonSend a Private Message to Chris HodsonDirect Link to This Post

Chris Hodson

3066 posts
Member since Aug 2006
Its not magenta. The picture makes it look like that color but its duponts Flame Red.
Chris Hodson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2010 01:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris HodsonSend a Private Message to Chris HodsonDirect Link to This Post

Chris Hodson

3066 posts
Member since Aug 2006

They look better now.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2010 01:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post

How is that red stripe applied to the wheels? Looks good!
Chris Hodson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2010 01:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris HodsonSend a Private Message to Chris HodsonDirect Link to This Post
Thanks! I taped off the very outter rim. I painted the red on the whole outter edge of the rim. I let the red flash off. I took fine line tape and covered the red i wanted to keep "the ring". I painted everything black. I peeled the tape covering the red off when the black was still somewhat wet. I let everything flash off for an hour and then went ahead and cleared everything. When I get home next Monday ill maybe wet sand a bit and buff on it to really make it shine.

Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2010 01:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post

So what's the secret to applying the tape in such a perfectly round "circle"?
Chris Hodson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2010 02:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris HodsonSend a Private Message to Chris HodsonDirect Link to This Post
Dont pull to hard on the tape, follow an edge.
Chris Hodson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2010 10:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris HodsonSend a Private Message to Chris HodsonDirect Link to This Post
I put most of the car together. To my surprise the side markers actually work! Only in the front. Pretty soon im going to run out of things to do on this car. I took some crappy phone pics for you guys.

Justinbart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2010 11:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JustinbartSend a Private Message to JustinbartDirect Link to This Post
needs some window tent

------------------
Turbo 3800 E85 5spd spec5
11.53@126.7

Chris Hodson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2010 01:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris HodsonSend a Private Message to Chris HodsonDirect Link to This Post
Thats coming soon.
PFF
System Bot
kellisor20

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2010 05:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kellisor20Send a Private Message to kellisor20Direct Link to This Post
First off that is one beautiful fiero! Oh and those HID headlights you were looking at are more than a tremendous upgrade. Make sure you get bi-xenon HIDs though, otherwise you wont have either a high beam or low beam. it'd just be one beam. I myself bought some 8000k HIDs just like that off ebay. They fit right in with the help of trimming four pointless tabs off each housing with a dremel. My opinion is they're more than worth it.

------------------
86 2.8 gt

Chris Hodson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2010 02:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris HodsonSend a Private Message to Chris HodsonDirect Link to This Post
ill have to think of those lights for sure!. My new decision... Im wondering if i should keep the brakes stock or go with the grand am upgrade.

To do the grand am upgrade in the rear It will be about $73. If I go stock it will cost me $45.

From my understanding the upgrade is just the front calipers, rotors and pads off the front of a 1989 turbo grand am bolted to the rear of the Fiero. Can anyone confirm this?
Chris Hodson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2010 07:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris HodsonSend a Private Message to Chris HodsonDirect Link to This Post
I wasn't exactly romping on it but holy crap, still quick. I need to find myself a cheap digital camera/ movie camera or something.

Chris Hodson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2010 02:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris HodsonSend a Private Message to Chris HodsonDirect Link to This Post
Ive been playing around with something tonight, I wish i had a better quality camera :/

This way you can use whatever colors you want.
Chris Hodson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2011 05:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris HodsonSend a Private Message to Chris HodsonDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by Chris Hodson (edited 06-21-2011).]

Joseph Upson

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2011 06:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Joseph UpsonSend a Private Message to Joseph UpsonDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Justinbart:
needs some window tent

Exactly what I was thinking. Hope my black paint job comes out that nice.
steve308

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2011 08:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Direct Link to This Post
I would tint the windows
Chris Hodson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2011 09:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris HodsonSend a Private Message to Chris HodsonDirect Link to This Post
Buy it and do it!
gtxbullet

Feedback score:    (88)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2011 12:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for gtxbulletSend a Private Message to gtxbulletDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Chris Hodson:

Ive been playing around with something tonight, I wish i had a better quality camera :/

This way you can use whatever colors you want.

how'd you do that? what type of printer or machine did you use to make it?

p.s. I'm leaving you a message on the sale thread
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock