MERA owners in Michigan help! by batousai666
Started on: 06-23-2009 11:39 AM
Replies: 201
Last post by: batousai666 on 04-15-2011 02:15 PM
batousai666

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2009 07:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Direct Link to This Post
two problems, one, need to find a torx bit big enough to take off seat belt holder inside. Two, the passenger side is messed up bad.
'

'

theres evidence of wood putty or some kind of filler at the scratch, 4or 5 of the louvers. burns/smells like WOOD!!
can you used the damaged one or can you reverse the pattern some how?? if that's even possible??
hit me back later.Dan

[This message has been edited by batousai666 (edited 09-27-2009).]

IP: Logged
hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2009 11:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsDirect Link to This Post
How is your rear quarter panel louver attached? Does it use double sided tape or is it bolted on?

Nelson

[This message has been edited by hnthomps (edited 09-27-2009).]

batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2009 12:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Direct Link to This Post
bolted. hope that the tape lookin stuff is a gasket. but have visual conformation of bolts.

mera7

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-28-2009 10:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mera7Send a Private Message to mera7Direct Link to This Post
i can use the messed up one make a mold then clean up the mold and cast a new one. by the way i like your mera emblem from the grand am script... way cool.
hnthomps

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2009 11:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsDirect Link to This Post
There are at least two bolts and possibly three. BTW, I have never seen a bolted on louver except on a Mera. The kit cars that I have seen either used two sided tape or external mounting screws.

Originally posted by batousai666:

bolted. hope that the tape lookin stuff is a gasket. but have visual conformation of bolts.

Tha Driver

Feedback score:    (46)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 204
Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2009 11:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tha DriverClick Here to visit Tha Driver's HomePageSend a Private Message to Tha DriverDirect Link to This Post
There are three. The other two are behind the interior panel (b pillar trim).
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

Panel Ok'd by commissioners. (your tax dollars at work)
An unnamed committiee of unknown members will apparently be tasked with yet-to-be-determined duties regarding unspecified actions of the Sarasota Police Department for an undetermined period of time, under the guidance of an unknown law enforcement consultant. - Pelican Press Online
batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2009 03:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Direct Link to This Post
sorry all, started temp. job so i was gone all day. lets see, I do not think that the passenger side louver is orginal cuz its a different material in its construction. plus the other louver is all black not green or whatever that color is in the above photo. thats cool about the org. Mera bolt on louvers. another check in the "REAL MERA" column.

THANKS for the compliment on the emblem. It did come out better that i hoped. I found them on E-bay. the guy, i thought had more. He accidently sent me two sets so i had a cushion.

CHECK THIS OUT........

showed up in the mail box. THANK YOUS TOM!!!! pm sent

not much left to do but blush..... the cars done... until the engine swap. did i mention the 3800 II s.c. (i did ohhhh....)
I know i am missing something gotta check...

BACK..
ok, will look into dismantleing the inside, but will not be able/willing to do so until it snows. I live in the lake MI snow belt so that could be tommarrow. thats the only prooblem I have with the louvers. is that cool??? Anyway time to scare up dinner later-
Daniel

[This message has been edited by batousai666 (edited 09-29-2009).]

mera7

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-29-2009 10:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mera7Send a Private Message to mera7Direct Link to This Post
hello to all mera ppl's...lol any of you who need the power vitaloni mirrors i have a set for parts. both bases are good, both base attachments are good, the flags are intact but have scuffs and scars, and one has the power mirror assembly with good glass, neither have the plastic backing cover. not beautiful but useable parts for someone likely. if interested email me an i will send pics. sunflwrd7@aol.com 250.00
mera7

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-29-2009 10:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mera7Send a Private Message to mera7Direct Link to This Post

mera7

1355 posts
Member since Sep 2009
ps daniel, i see in your pics of your sail panels the rear qtr panels are two pieces likely another check on your real mera list... you likely have a real one and someone took off your sticker in a repaint or something. later mike in oklahoma
batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2009 06:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Direct Link to This Post
thanks Mera 7, thats on the list already. one of the first. it was good to find this bit of info. help calm my savage beast. I was thinking that I got the rip when I bought her. the two piece fact leveled me right out. along with the 3 bolt sails.

the rear deck seems to have been re-painted with no witness mark/bump under paint. maybe this winter will see if they painted over, very unlikely though. whoops... gotta go to work Later.....
Daniel
Tha Driver

Feedback score:    (46)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 204
Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2009 10:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tha DriverClick Here to visit Tha Driver's HomePageSend a Private Message to Tha DriverDirect Link to This Post

thanks Mera 7, thats on the list already. one of the first. it was good to find this bit of info. help calm my savage beast. I was thinking that I got the rip when I bought her. the two piece fact leveled me right out. along with the 3 bolt sails.

the rear deck seems to have been re-painted with no witness mark/bump under paint. maybe this winter will see if they painted over, very unlikely though. whoops... gotta go to work Later.....
Daniel

I've seen a lot of the kits that have the two piece rear decks - so not a good indication to go by.
The Mera sticker under the decklid was taped over with clear tape I think from the factory (at least all the ones I've seen were that way). If it was painted over, you'd see it.
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

If you haven't seen the future, you're not going fast enough! - Christian Von Coenigsegg
PFF
System Bot
batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2009 06:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Direct Link to This Post
yeah, that is my line of thinking also, about the sticker. as far as the 2 piece- you are totally right, but when I see the one piece "kit" i definately know its not Mera. reverse verifacation. all so absolute.

'cept now that you mention it. Almost seems all the one piecers, I see, are 328 not 308. gonna have to add this spin to the research sheet. gone surfin'
Later-
D
hnthomps

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2009 06:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsDirect Link to This Post
E-mail sent

Originally posted by mera7:

hello to all mera ppl's...lol any of you who need the power vitaloni mirrors i have a set for parts. both bases are good, both base attachments are good, the flags are intact but have scuffs and scars, and one has the power mirror assembly with good glass, neither have the plastic backing cover. not beautiful but useable parts for someone likely. if interested email me an i will send pics. sunflwrd7@aol.com 250.00

mera7

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-30-2009 07:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mera7Send a Private Message to mera7Direct Link to This Post
hello everyone again... does anyone have a set of cromadora 88 mera wheels for sale? a full set is what im looking for. thanks for your time and help in advance. mike in oklahoma
hnthomps

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2009 08:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsDirect Link to This Post
Good luck on that quest. The last set of Chromadoras that I saw on e bay earlier this year were priced at $2000. Let me know if you locate an additional set at a reasonable price and I will take them.

Originally posted by mera7:

hello everyone again... does anyone have a set of cromadora 88 mera wheels for sale? a full set is what im looking for. thanks for your time and help in advance. mike in oklahoma

mera7

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-01-2009 02:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mera7Send a Private Message to mera7Direct Link to This Post
thank you, while 2000.00 is not out of my price range.... i would likely buy a set of 308/328 16" wheels that the cromadora's are styled after for that kind of money. i happen to know where a set of those is. and yes i know they are 5 x 108 pattern. i have a machine shop and that is no problem for me.
mera7

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-04-2009 01:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mera7Send a Private Message to mera7Direct Link to This Post
hello all, i have started my quest on my 87 mera. i built the new .120 wall adjustable tubular a arms with heim ends for the entire car yesterday. i purchased 4 vette 13" rotors and cross drilled them in my mill. i purchased four 4piston brembo calipers off of a f430. i have a new ls2 crate motor with fuel injection. i purchased 19"x8" fronts, 19"x10" rears 3 piece f430 modular wheels. new michelin pilot sport cup a/s tires, 225/35/19 fronts, 295/30/19 rears. momo milenium steering wheel and adapter. and .120 wall 2.5" tubing to custom bend a roll cage into the car. only thing left to buy is archies lsx v8 kit #2 and a set of taillights. one of my amber lights is broke. i will keep you up to date as i build the car. mike in oklahoma
Fiero-in-Paradise

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2009 06:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero-in-ParadiseSend a Private Message to Fiero-in-ParadiseDirect Link to This Post
Mike,

Sounds like you have some great ideas there for your Mera. I'd like to recommend that you start a build thread and include pics. It would be really benefical for us Mera owners!

Regards,
Tom
batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2009 06:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Direct Link to This Post
LS2 yeah!!! this will be FUN!!!!!!!!!!! I gotta see this. Awesome!!! please new thread with pictures.. thank you ..Daniel
batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2009 11:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Direct Link to This Post

batousai666

4222 posts
Member since Jun 2009
whilest surfin' auto sites found this: Prospectible MERA emblem

would look better if it was in capitals, maybe. Kinda like the cursave.
gonna try to crop this better later-
Dan
batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2009 09:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Direct Link to This Post
its better cropped...............

think I like capital letters better.
PFF
System Bot
batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2009 04:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Direct Link to This Post

Hey y'all. what the heck is this??????Engine cooler. how does one know if its working???? pulled carpet in trunk area and bam there it is. also found a sticker that said Collins & Aikman 87 GM P trunk -10 OZ turbo . i'll post picture. anyway,I spilt wood thinking that it was for a 10 oz of boost-turbo kit then said:"they don't make plastic turbos" and took this pic. is this important "running gear", i.e. necassary for eng. cooling.Me not good at all with electrical. so any tips are very appericated. thank in advance.
Dan
edit: heres a pic of that sticker kinda blurry.......

[This message has been edited by batousai666 (edited 10-05-2009).]

Indiana_resto_guy

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 163
Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2009 06:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Indiana_resto_guySend a Private Message to Indiana_resto_guyDirect Link to This Post
85 thru 87 V-6 cars had this cooling fan to cool the alternator and coil.
The fan should run the same time as the radiator fan.
batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2009 08:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Direct Link to This Post
thanks for the heads up info.
mera7

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-18-2009 01:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mera7Send a Private Message to mera7Direct Link to This Post
hello all, there is a 86 mera kit car on ebay right now. he is honest enough to tell you its not a mera factory car but says its a mera kit on a 86 chassis. he says it was sold after corp concepts quit making the mera???? i wonder how many like this one is out there. any thoughts rodney? it looks like a mera until you get to the mirrors or interior stuff. the body is mera components. any thoughts anybody? later, mike in oklahoma
batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2009 07:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Direct Link to This Post
my 1st thread back from the dead. whats up 7? from the toliet this does not look like Mera. seems to have the one piece rear, and the 328 nose. I am not sure if the front nose is the one Rodney sells but this to me is NOT A MERA splash even. will inspect better when finished. later-D

EDIT: I think i had the wrong one, there is like 3. Are you talkin about the one in GA? this looks more like it. will return

[This message has been edited by batousai666 (edited 10-18-2009).]

batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2009 08:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Direct Link to This Post

batousai666

4222 posts
Member since Jun 2009
ok back. that GA car is awesome. I'd buy it as a replica MERA. .$4000-$6000. he does seem to think that these are real Mera panels off the shelf (not splash offs). but assembled in a "garage/hanger". why does he "Mer@"? thats wierd. loophole i guess, when challenged about Mera factory assemble. but he disclaimed??

To me this is what mine is. body panels applied after the demise of Corprate Concepts. REAL MERA PANELS but not factory assembled. only after alot of research of fasterners and little things like 2 slat grills, helps me think other wise. I have called my car "FRANKEN MERA" thinking that it was different Meras salvaged to make one. well time for breakfast, till later-cheers
Dan

P.s. Hey Mera 7, wheres the pics??? lets see your baby????
batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2009 10:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Direct Link to This Post
my next Fiero will look like this: awesome

thanks to who ever posted this fine ride.....kudos-and a tip of the hat....
Dan
batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2009 12:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Direct Link to This Post
I found this article in a pile of papers, think its from the previous owner.....found it with the stereo instructs. and stuff.....very interesting numbers being thrown around....
see if this will work???
nope too big...be back..

[This message has been edited by batousai666 (edited 10-27-2009).]

batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2009 12:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Direct Link to This Post

batousai666

4222 posts
Member since Jun 2009
how about now??
yeah that will work. check out the guys math way off......or is it???????????x-filestheme????????????????????????
anybody have the 1997 3 quarter issue of Fiero Connection Magazine???? this article is it it.

[This message has been edited by batousai666 (edited 10-27-2009).]

mera7

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-28-2009 11:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mera7Send a Private Message to mera7Direct Link to This Post
hey dan, thanks for more great information. mike
PFF
System Bot
batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2009 04:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Direct Link to This Post
DUDES!!! have any of you seen the 308 Mera build downloads from a site called FIERONEWS????....just downloaded them all 5 and gettin ready to watch after i go get some dinner.....will report back later-
Dan
hnthomps

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2009 09:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsDirect Link to This Post
I have the MERA build downloads on my PC.

Nelson

DUDES!!! have any of you seen the 308 Mera build downloads from a site called FIERONEWS????....just downloaded them all 5 and gettin ready to watch after i go get some dinner.....will report back later-
Dan

batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2009 09:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Direct Link to This Post
ohhhhh.......I do like these.......

them's sharp.......wonder if they come in black????

[This message has been edited by batousai666 (edited 11-02-2009).]

batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2009 04:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Direct Link to This Post
back to work and back on for an engine swap.....hopefully longer than 2 months this time....now just if i can decide on an engine????
any ideas????
batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2009 07:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Direct Link to This Post
morning,
look what came in the mail, THANKS TOM.......

dems so nice......the aprearence phase of MERA X is complete...('cept maybe some paint) now for the engine.......MIKE.....LSX????? later-
Dan
Fiero-in-Paradise

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2009 12:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero-in-ParadiseSend a Private Message to Fiero-in-ParadiseDirect Link to This Post
No problem Dano. FYI, after some "experimentation" (AKA wasting money on other cans of paint), I've found that this is a real close match to the original red Mera paint:

Of course, its not an exact match, but it comes real close. Good for touch up and such; I've used it for the lip area under the front bumper, had several stone chips. They also sell this stock number in the small touch-up bottles (the one w/ the small brush...which is useless, BTW). Bought mine at the local Checker Auto.

Tom
batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2009 04:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Direct Link to This Post
cool, i was just about to hit you guys up for a spray paint suggestion....got to rework the nose emblem area...tried to fool ya with those pics eariler... its just laid in there....gotta do some sanding and painting....plus i am leaning hard into painting the lower half all black below the door handle line...you know that picture i posted on your thread?? semi-gloss....yeah!! soo many ideas...later
Dan
batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2009 07:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Direct Link to This Post
Tommy?
this pic

bump up front for my MERA peeps!
D
mera7

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-17-2009 08:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mera7Send a Private Message to mera7Direct Link to This Post
very nice car dan. mike here
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 6 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock