MERA owners in Michigan help! by batousai666
Started on: 06-23-2009 11:39 AM
Replies: 201
Last post by: batousai666 on 04-15-2011 02:15 PM
batousai666

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2009 11:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Direct Link to This Post
there's a red mera on ebay.
looks pretty good
still looking
IP: Logged
batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2009 06:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Direct Link to This Post
found the PIP article so still working on pictures, real close. be back
batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2009 05:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Direct Link to This Post
back on topic, are there any mera owners in Michigan?? there's a car show 7/25/09,off of US 131 in Schoolcraft ,MI. if any one else is in the area stop on by. its being held at a training facility for union pipefitters,do not know the address but you can not miss it,131 North at the Shaver road exit. should be a hoot weather permitting. this will be my first car show as a participant. got to go shine the ride. Later,
D
batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2009 08:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Direct Link to This Post
bump. has anybody ever heard of, or used the vin search from PONTIAC HISTORIC SERVICE? they want credit card # for payment, just trying to verfiy reputation. thanks for any help or comments.
reholmes

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2009 04:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for reholmesSend a Private Message to reholmesDirect Link to This Post
Understand the trunk lettering on the original Meras were from a 1987 "GRAND AM SE"--check Paul V's site.
batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2009 09:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Direct Link to This Post
yeah, i read this somewhere. also MountAinEeR and rAMblER will work. going to check with Rodney about hood emblems later. hope he still has some! still digging in the archives for MERA info. very interesting stuff back there. I'm on the hunt, later-
D
reholmes

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2009 04:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for reholmesSend a Private Message to reholmesDirect Link to This Post
Any information on what the Mera horn button looks like. I suppose it would be different for an '88 GT based car. I've seen many with the "Dancing Horse" emblem in the center--wonder what it came with originally.
hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2009 10:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsDirect Link to This Post
My 88 Mera has what is essentially a stock horn button. The 87 is a bit different but it may have been customized prior to me acquiring it. Rodney does have some nose badge reproductions done on vinyl. If you need pictures, please let me know.

Originally posted by reholmes:

Any information on what the Mera horn button looks like. I suppose it would be different for an '88 GT based car. I've seen many with the "Dancing Horse" emblem in the center--wonder what it came with originally.

mindblender

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2009 04:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mindblenderSend a Private Message to mindblenderDirect Link to This Post
Hello! I'm new to the forums and came across a Mera llisted on eBay and was doing some searching and found this forum.

I've read thru this thread about how to identify a Mera and I have to ask. There is one on eBay currently and from what I can tell it does not have the rectangle back-up lights or a Mera plate inside the deck lid. there does appear to be a sticker with a paint color listed on it. So does that mean that this is just a kit versus a genuine Mera?

Here is a link to photos of the vehicle.
http://picasaweb.google.com/wheels.wheels/Mera2

eBay link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymot...trksid=p4506.c0.m245

I am interested in the vehicle but would prefer a genuine Mera versus an after-market kit that someone slapped on the vehicle.

Thanks in advance with any help/insight you can provide.

Jeff
hnthomps

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2009 11:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsDirect Link to This Post
The wheels, nose badge, and mirrors are correct for an 87 Mera. However, the lack of backup lights and the absence of the Mera serial number/paint code sticker worries me. The interior trim (console, instrument panel, door panel, etc.) is not stock. If you could get a better shot of the rear quarter panel area, I may be able to see if the rear deck section and quarter panel are made in two separate pieces. The Meras are constructed in this fashion but most kit cars are cast as one piece for the entire rear section (less deck lid). The space between the driver's side louver and the roof panel also tends to be a bit further apart on a real Mera that the passenger side one. The Mera louvers are also attached by screws from the back side. If thet are mated using adhesive strips, this would likely be non original. If there is a VIN available, contact Rodney Dickman on this forum and see if it matches any of his Mera list.

Nelson

Originally posted by mindblender:

Hello! I'm new to the forums and came across a Mera llisted on eBay and was doing some searching and found this forum.

I've read thru this thread about how to identify a Mera and I have to ask. There is one on eBay currently and from what I can tell it does not have the rectangle back-up lights or a Mera plate inside the deck lid. there does appear to be a sticker with a paint color listed on it. So does that mean that this is just a kit versus a genuine Mera?

Here is a link to photos of the vehicle.
http://picasaweb.google.com/wheels.wheels/Mera2

eBay link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymot...trksid=p4506.c0.m245

I am interested in the vehicle but would prefer a genuine Mera versus an after-market kit that someone slapped on the vehicle.

Thanks in advance with any help/insight you can provide.

Jeff

[This message has been edited by hnthomps (edited 08-26-2009).]

mindblender

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2009 02:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mindblenderSend a Private Message to mindblenderDirect Link to This Post
Nelson,

Thanks for the info. Like you, the absence of the reverse lamps and sticker worries me as well.

From the ebay post, the VIN is: 1g2pg119xhp226325. I will reach out to Rodney and see if he might be able to match the VIN.

Thanks again!

Jeff
PFF
System Bot
hnthomps

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2009 11:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsDirect Link to This Post
The two piece construction would likely confirm Mera status but the one piece rear clip is a kit car. See if you can get a picture of this area and either post it or e-mail it to me.

Originally posted by mindblender:

Nelson,

Thanks for the info. Like you, the absence of the reverse lamps and sticker worries me as well.

From the ebay post, the VIN is: 1g2pg119xhp226325. I will reach out to Rodney and see if he might be able to match the VIN.

Thanks again!

Jeff

mindblender

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2009 01:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mindblenderSend a Private Message to mindblenderDirect Link to This Post
Nelson,

The seller has posted pictures of the rear quarter panel. http://picasaweb.google.com/wheels.wheels/Mera2

Also, the seller said he was contacted by another person who apparently owned four other Meras asking similar questions and the seller said that that person was satisfied with the answers/details.

I also sent Rodney a PM and he replied back said that the VIN matched an '87 Mera, number six made.

Thanks for all of your help. Now to keep an eye on the auction
Indiana_resto_guy

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 163
Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2009 10:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Indiana_resto_guySend a Private Message to Indiana_resto_guyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hnthomps:

The two piece construction would likely confirm Mera status but the one piece rear clip is a kit car. See if you can get a picture of this area and either post it or e-mail it to me.

I have two 308 kits that are a two piece rear clip, not a great way to judge them.
batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2009 06:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Direct Link to This Post
does this mean Rodney says there are Mera's without tail lights?? the grey one on ebay went for like $8200 or something like that.
Indiana_resto_guy

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 163
Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2009 08:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Indiana_resto_guySend a Private Message to Indiana_resto_guyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by batousai666:

does this mean Rodney says there are Mera's without tail lights?? the grey one on ebay went for like $8200 or something like that.

You mean backup lights, right?
In that case, yes the first ones out didn't have the Ford backup lights.
Look closely and you will see they were like the 308s and were in the turn lenses.
batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2009 08:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Direct Link to This Post
is this true?? on this fourm the previous owner says that this car (mine), did NOT have the back ups. it had the org. 308 configuration. this bit of info (if correct) is the ray of light I was looking for. hope! the thing is that someone put the back ups in! does this detract from the original Mera stock set up ?? also the fact that Rodney confirms that the grey Ebay '87 Mera is # 6 made with that high vin # interests me. My vin is 1G2PF1193HP209384. the door sticker says 10/86 for fabrication date. if I beleive in continuity, my Mera should/could be # 1-5, I dunna know no moe!
batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2009 10:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Direct Link to This Post

batousai666

4222 posts
Member since Jun 2009
pictures??
[i
mg]https://images.fiero.nl/2009/1987_mera_pictures_for_rodney_003.jpg[/img]
batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2009 10:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Direct Link to This Post

batousai666

4222 posts
Member since Jun 2009
again??
batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2009 10:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Direct Link to This Post

batousai666

4222 posts
Member since Jun 2009
I DID IT!! more pictures sorry it took so long. i got laid off so I have alot more time again. sadly had to cancel the 3800 II super swap till later next year. bummer. well on to the pics.

batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2009 10:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Direct Link to This Post

batousai666

4222 posts
Member since Jun 2009
cannot figure out how to do more than one pic at a time?? so heres another
just found out that the alum. 2 slat grill is orig. MERA. that rules

[This message has been edited by batousai666 (edited 09-08-2009).]

PFF
System Bot
batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2009 10:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Direct Link to This Post
nice shot.
batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2009 10:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Direct Link to This Post

batousai666

4222 posts
Member since Jun 2009
here's one of the back.
batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2009 10:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Direct Link to This Post

batousai666

4222 posts
Member since Jun 2009
here's a pic of the goofy passenger side sail.
batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2009 10:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Direct Link to This Post

batousai666

4222 posts
Member since Jun 2009
A nnuthern of the sail. notice burn on long scratch mark.
batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2009 07:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Direct Link to This Post
any body know a source of replacement sails for Meras? mines got some kind of repair going on. would like to replace the passenger side only.

P.S. MORNING WOOD!! get up and call me today.
mera7

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-17-2009 02:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mera7Send a Private Message to mera7Direct Link to This Post
hello all, i am new to the site and please forgive me for intruding on this thread. i just bought a mera and hope someone could tell me the production number it is. its likely in the registry already. 1987 fiero gt v6 5 speed getrag factory options and it has the power vitoloni mirrors, has the toggle on the center console, has the mera rear taillights, has the ford rear reverse lights, so on... but the mera sticker is missing from the engine lid. vin is 1G2PG1190HP208240 any help will be greatly appreciated. thank you all. mike in oklahoma
batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2009 07:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Direct Link to This Post
say Mera7 morning. you have made my day. I notice you have low VIN#. actually its lower than mine. crap. yours is older. see if you can post some pictures of the new ride. I am trying to find my build# also, so far no luck. got mine from FL. back in May '09. looked all over the net and found this fourm. this one is the best for looking up info in the archives. chock full of knowledge. anyway good luck on your quest and keep in touch. seems we are on the same page. let me know if you want to chat/share info. Email me with any questions off line if you feel. BREAKFAST TIME. be back later.

Daniel
batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2009 07:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Direct Link to This Post

batousai666

4222 posts
Member since Jun 2009
P.S. look up Rodney Dickman and see if he has your car/VIN in the MERA registry. mines not logged. this does not mean that its not a Mera per say, just not a logged Mera. I hope you find yours on the list. check it out. come back here and report results please.
back to breakfast. later
mera7

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-18-2009 12:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mera7Send a Private Message to mera7Direct Link to This Post
the 87 mera i purchased is crashed and i need a front bumper/valance and fenders section. need a drivers headlight cover, need one amber taillight lense, one clear backup light with lense. thanks to all. this is a very helpful thread. mike in oklahoma
mera7

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-18-2009 12:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mera7Send a Private Message to mera7Direct Link to This Post

mera7

1355 posts
Member since Sep 2009
also i am looking for a ls1 conversion kit, and tubular arm conversion if any one has those for sale. thanks, mike in oklahoma
PFF
System Bot
batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2009 09:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Direct Link to This Post
nice to see your ambition. LS1 HELL YEAH!! GET YA' SUM!!body partsgoodluck. try the junk yard or the mall section on this fourm. Maybe?? the place in Stanford MI?? something about a Fiero meusem. I think that Rodney Dickman may have a type of bumper that will fit a Mera,but more like a 308 style. you got any pictures of the places where the damage is? I would like to see "inside"of these cars if possible. looking for signature "MERA" things like fasteners and bolt locations. thanks chat ya later,
Dan
mera7

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-21-2009 03:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mera7Send a Private Message to mera7Direct Link to This Post
hello, i picked up my mera from north carolina and got home with it tonight. it needs lots of work. i did find the mera id tag on the back deck inside... it is mera # 7071 i have a 2007 ls2 400hp vette motor with all the injection and wiring harness. i think it would make a nice conversion. i own a machine shop and can duplicate the broken sail panel and the broken headlight panels. i can repair the fiberglass body panels and i will build a 288 gto front bumper/airdam... the only thing i wont be able to replicate myself is the broken mera amber colored taillight/turnsignal. does anyone have a spare or spares? i would buy a single or a whole set. please let me know. already purchased real ferrari brembo 4 piston calipers to convert onto car, new 88 vented rotors that i will cross drill and slot myself on my bridgeport mill, and am looking for a tubular a arm setup for the car and ls1 conversion. i can build the ls1 conversion but with all the other work im doing to the car would be simpler to buy one. thanks any help will be appreciated. mike in oklahoma
batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2009 09:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Direct Link to This Post
lets see some pictures. thats cool that you have your sticker. wish i had mine. whaaa.... As far as the LS1, wish I had the tech. knowledge to try something like that.
you know if the job outlook does'nt turn around, I may have to take Obama up on his re-trainning progs. to maybe a auto mech.
kill two birds with one stone.
job and hobby. gonna have to check in to this brainstorm momment later.
As far as the parts you are lookin for, I cannot help. sorry.

In your post you mentinoned fabricating some "sails". Are you talkin' bout the black louvered ones behind the windows??? because I need to fix one of mine. Passenger. but would get a full set from you if you can replicate them.

see HOKEY!
I may be able to take mine off if you need a template or something of the sort. let me know. Aniodized alum. black. wait maybe dull sliver.

sorry, I went on a day dream. I'm back. anyway, keep in touch on this thread. I would like to see the whole build progress, if you
don't mind.
It will keep me from tearing apart mine to find the little "MERA" things that make these cars so cool.
ESPECALLITY WITH AN LS1!!!! your car is gonna be bad ass. I was considering a 3800 II sc, but had to call off due to sudden unemployment. Damn.
well gonna grab some breakfast later-
Daniel

[This message has been edited by batousai666 (edited 09-21-2009).]

mera7

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-25-2009 12:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mera7Send a Private Message to mera7Direct Link to This Post
hello, yes the sail panels are the side black qtr ribbed panels. i build high end porsche race cars and off shore race boats... so fiberglass fabrication is fairly simple for me. also high performance mods arent out of my range or budget. i have known about these meras for a while but took a while to find one. i did not want just a 308 kit on a fiero. wanted something unique. i will keep you posted on the sail panels. yes using yours as a template would be much easier and less time consuming than forging some from scratch. my email is sunflwrd7@aol.com shoot me an email. later, mike in oklahoma
Rodney

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 267
Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2009 10:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RodneyClick Here to visit Rodney's HomePageSend a Private Message to RodneyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hnthomps:
The wheels, nose badge, and mirrors are correct for an 87 Mera. However, the lack of backup lights and the absence of the Mera serial number/paint code sticker worries me.

It seems Corprate Concepts started putting the VIN tag on the rear deck lids starting in 88. Maybe some late 87's had them? Anyone could take them off also.

You need to take the rear cover off and look to see if the reverse lens openings have been filled in at one time. Maybe the rear clip was replaced at one time?

Anything can happen to any car once it leaves the dealers lot.

Rodney Dickman
Mera registry
hnthomps

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2009 11:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsDirect Link to This Post
My 87 also has the Mera serial number in the same location as the 88s so at least some of the 87s are similar to the 88 serial number locations.

Originally posted by Rodney:

It seems Corprate Concepts started putting the VIN tag on the rear deck lids starting in 88. Maybe some late 87's had them? Anyone could take them off also.

You need to take the rear cover off and look to see if the reverse lens openings have been filled in at one time. Maybe the rear clip was replaced at one time?

Anything can happen to any car once it leaves the dealers lot.

Rodney Dickman
Mera registry

batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2009 03:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Direct Link to This Post
yeah!!!

wide shot

custom made from

pretty cool, eh??
mera7

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-26-2009 10:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mera7Send a Private Message to mera7Direct Link to This Post
started buying parts for my mera today to start the transformation. i have a machine shop and am going to build tubular a arms with moog ball joints and heim ends at the chassis sides. also am going to research and build my own brake upgrade.... vented rotors, cross drill them in my mill, and install brembo four piston calipers off of a late model ferrari. keep the thread going guys... glad to find other mera owners and talk.
hnthomps

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2009 11:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsDirect Link to This Post
Paul Angel (Tha Driver on PFF) can likely provide a front bumper since he has the mold for it. Contact him for the price.

Nelson

Originally posted by mera7:

the 87 mera i purchased is crashed and i need a front bumper/valance and fenders section. need a drivers headlight cover, need one amber taillight lense, one clear backup light with lense. thanks to all. this is a very helpful thread. mike in oklahoma

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 6 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock