Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions - Archive
  fed up! I'm going to paint her myself (Page 5)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 
Previous Page | Next Page
fed up! I'm going to paint her myself by bmwguru
Started on: 06-02-2007 11:25 AM
Replies: 171
Last post by: Lou6t4gto on 04-20-2009 01:11 AM
bmwguru

Feedback score:    (38)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2008 05:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bmwguruClick Here to visit bmwguru's HomePageSend a Private Message to bmwguruDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 30+mpg:

"fed up! I'm going to paint her myself"

Like that didn't happen. More like fed up! I'm going to pay to paint her, myself. Soo, how much did this exercise set you back?

Do you drive your car? Or if you do, park it far away from everyone else?

Me? I go to Walmart & park in the closest spot.

it is a little hard to change the title once it is posted. I originally was planning on painting it myself, but as I got into it, I realized that it was more than I can handle. I am a certified master tech, not a body guy.
I'm still trying to figure out if you are trying to be funny or an a$$hole.
I have two other Fieros that I can drive to Walmart and attempt to get the first spot, but this one I had these plans for and as you can see in the first two pages, my prep work looks like that of a third grader....or Maaco.
This was a learning experience for me and my other two Fieros are getting dropped off at the body shop when they need paint. Just about everything else on the car was done by my two hands or my wife's hands.
Dave

IP: Logged
bmwguru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2008 05:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bmwguruClick Here to visit bmwguru's HomePageSend a Private Message to bmwguruDirect Link to This Post

bmwguru

4692 posts
Member since Sep 2006
Yup, the GT badge in the rear was removed. The front bumper was used from a 1986 red SE...my very first and favorite Fiero. I purchased the car in 1992 and it was burned to the ground in 2000. The only thing intact from the fire was the front bumper. I wanted to use that bumper for sentimental reasons even though the trim didn't match. You really have to look to notice the different trim because the only part that is ribbed is the marker light and piece behind the light which is part of the bumper.
Dave
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2008 12:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by bmwguru:
...The front bumper was used from a 1986 red SE...my very first and favorite Fiero. I purchased the car in 1992 and it was burned to the ground in 2000. The only thing intact from the fire was the front bumper. I wanted to use that bumper for sentimental reasons even though the trim didn't match. You really have to look to notice the different trim because the only part that is ribbed is the marker light and piece behind the light which is part of the bumper.
Dave

Okay. So I missed it completely. (I'll refrain from making any "fire" comments.)
I looked at the pictures carefully, and I still didn't notice the different trim.

Beautiful car, regardless.
Saxman

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2008 04:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SaxmanClick Here to visit Saxman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SaxmanDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 30+mpg:
"fed up! I'm going to paint her myself"

Like that didn't happen. More like fed up! I'm going to pay to paint her, myself. Soo, how much did this exercise set you back?

Do you drive your car? Or if you do, park it far away from everyone else?

Me? I go to Walmart & park in the closest spot.

What the hell? Dave said he changed his mind. What more do you want, an apology?

[This message has been edited by Saxman (edited 03-11-2008).]

fierodustin_86

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2008 10:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierodustin_86Send a Private Message to fierodustin_86Direct Link to This Post
I really like that orange, it has some pop in the sun. I commend you for trying to do it yourself. It is not easy. Prep is the hardest to get right, all your body work will show up in the paint. I have prepped and painted a couple of heavy trucks and one Fiero. More work on the Fiero.
What is the exact color of the orange.
dustin
bmwguru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2008 09:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bmwguruClick Here to visit bmwguru's HomePageSend a Private Message to bmwguruDirect Link to This Post
The orange is a pearlized custom mixed color. They kept mixing up small samples until I agreed on that hue. The black is jet black with no glitter or specs in the paint. Just black. I realized my abilities when prepping the car and I'll just stick to the mechanical and fabrication aspect of cars from here on.
Dave
Robert 2

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2009 10:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Robert 2Send a Private Message to Robert 2Direct Link to This Post
Found this for you , so you are not alone with that paint scheme . Near my place .

[This message has been edited by Robert 2 (edited 04-17-2009).]

bmwguru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2009 07:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bmwguruClick Here to visit bmwguru's HomePageSend a Private Message to bmwguruDirect Link to This Post
I've seen a few with a similiar paint scheme. My neighbor has a older Mustang with that paint job. I tried to convince my wife to get the Harley Davidson F350, but she said only one orange vehicle in our garage.
Dave

------------------

1987 GT (my toy-see above), 1987 GT 3800s/c, 1986 SE with a VW VR6, certified master technician/shop owner
www.njautobahn.com
www.hausofguru.com

randye

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2009 09:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeDirect Link to This Post

I've seen a few with a similiar paint scheme. My neighbor has a older Mustang with that paint job. I tried to convince my wife to get the Harley Davidson F350, but she said only one orange vehicle in our garage.
Dave

Hooray for Orange!

Robert 2

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2009 12:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Robert 2Send a Private Message to Robert 2Direct Link to This Post

Dave

Anyhow the truck is always on the road i think .LOL
bmwguru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2009 05:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bmwguruClick Here to visit bmwguru's HomePageSend a Private Message to bmwguruDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Robert 2:

Anyhow the truck is always on the road i think .LOL

very true, lol
PFF
System Bot
Lou6t4gto

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2009 01:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou6t4gtoSend a Private Message to Lou6t4gtoDirect Link to This Post
I just shot 3 cars, with base clear ! (metalic)I will never use enamel again. if you have patience, & clean, clean clean, anyone can do it.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock