Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions - Archive
  fed up! I'm going to paint her myself (Page 3)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 
Previous Page | Next Page
fed up! I'm going to paint her myself by bmwguru
Started on: 06-02-2007 11:25 AM
Replies: 171
Last post by: Lou6t4gto on 04-20-2009 01:11 AM
The_Stickman2

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2008 08:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for The_Stickman2Click Here to visit The_Stickman2's HomePageSend a Private Message to The_Stickman2Direct Link to This Post
That paint scheme looks stunning. Before when you showed just the orange I wasn't sure. But with the two tone black. Stunning, just stunning. It really grabs you.

------------------
My sites
http://the-stickman.tripod.com

http://www.youtube.com/TheStickman

IP: Logged
anonymity

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2008 01:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for anonymityClick Here to visit anonymity's HomePageSend a Private Message to anonymityDirect Link to This Post
i still think its gay

Love you honey!!

Joey
rogergarrison

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2008 02:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
I like the color, and where you broke it. A little bit different....any pinstriping going on the break line. Gold leaf would look cool.

And no it cant be Halloween unless the interior is green

[This message has been edited by rogergarrison (edited 01-15-2008).]

bmwguru

Feedback score:    (38)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2008 07:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bmwguruClick Here to visit bmwguru's HomePageSend a Private Message to bmwguruDirect Link to This Post
new pic for page 3

The_Stickman2

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2008 07:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for The_Stickman2Click Here to visit The_Stickman2's HomePageSend a Private Message to The_Stickman2Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by anonymity:

i still think its gay

Love you honey!!

Joey

I get the impression you think it's gay.
bmwguru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2008 07:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bmwguruClick Here to visit bmwguru's HomePageSend a Private Message to bmwguruDirect Link to This Post
gay or not....it does have a nice muscle car look to it. Chevy small block with four polished Weber carburetors add to that muscle car look. I was going to take out the V8 and drop in a R32 engine, but not anymore.......besides, I have another Fiero besides this one and the VR6 swapped one.....mmmm
Dave
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2008 07:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post
I think the orange it hot!

I AM NOT HITTING ON YOU!
anonymity

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2008 07:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for anonymityClick Here to visit anonymity's HomePageSend a Private Message to anonymityDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jake_Dragon:

I AM NOT HITTING ON YOU!

LOL!

-from BMWGuru......I didn't realize my wife was logged in....damn women!

[This message has been edited by anonymity (edited 01-15-2008).]

anonymity

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2008 03:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for anonymityClick Here to visit anonymity's HomePageSend a Private Message to anonymityDirect Link to This Post

damn women!
Dave

I'll give ya "damn women"......just you wait.

Joey
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2008 03:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post

I'll give ya "damn women"......just you wait.

Joey

Some guys have all the luck.

[This message has been edited by Formula88 (edited 01-29-2008).]

bmwguru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2008 11:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bmwguruClick Here to visit bmwguru's HomePageSend a Private Message to bmwguruDirect Link to This Post
We have some more progress......

PFF
System Bot
anonymity

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2008 11:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for anonymityClick Here to visit anonymity's HomePageSend a Private Message to anonymityDirect Link to This Post
That is SOOOOOOO GAY. I mean really orange and black, I hope you are only gonna take it out on Halloween.......

Did I mention that I think it's gay? Not sure if I said that before, but just to be sure I'll say it again....

I THINK THE CAR COLOR IS G-A-Y!!! I mean really, hot pink bicycle spanex GAY!!!

BTW, luv u honey. Happy Valentine's day, would you be my Valentine?

Joey (Dave's wife)
bmwguru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2008 05:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bmwguruClick Here to visit bmwguru's HomePageSend a Private Message to bmwguruDirect Link to This Post
once again, thank you for the kind words, Honey.
Keep it up and we'll paint your Fiero a funky color.
FieroJimmy

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2008 05:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroJimmySend a Private Message to FieroJimmyDirect Link to This Post

That is SOOOOOOO GAY.

Oh, come on now, that's just totally uncalled for.

Everyone knows that gay people have more fashion sense that that.

But, seriously, while I'm not exactly a fan of the color combination, it does kinda look pretty good. I really like the transition line. It accentuates the cars natural lines, I think.
30+mpg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 97
Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2008 07:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 30+mpgSend a Private Message to 30+mpgDirect Link to This Post
So where are the finished photos?

I started on repainting my car on 3-27-06 & was driving it by 5-1-06.

May not be perfect, but it cost me less than $100 plus my labor.
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/F...1/HTML/052684-3.html
bmwguru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2008 09:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bmwguruClick Here to visit bmwguru's HomePageSend a Private Message to bmwguruDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 30+mpg:

So where are the finished photos?

I started on repainting my car on 3-27-06 & was driving it by 5-1-06.

May not be perfect, but it cost me less than $100 plus my labor.
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/F...1/HTML/052684-3.html

Finished photos? You'll have to wait a few more weeks. The body shop stared in Sept and are just about finished. They had to redo a lot of the prep work I had started. The car has come out better than I expected...a little too good. I'm almost afraid to drive it. As for the $100.00, well I'm not going to tell the final cost, but the orange paint was about $400 per pt.and they have over 100 hours into the prep and paint. The roof was not straight from a previous collision not repaired correctly. They had to straighten that out to get the body lines correct...plus lots more unexpected stuff.
Dave

anonymity

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2008 09:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for anonymityClick Here to visit anonymity's HomePageSend a Private Message to anonymityDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by bmwguru:

once again, thank you for the kind words, Honey.
Keep it up and we'll paint your Fiero a funky color.

You are so very welcome for my kind and loving words. I say the car is gay in the most loving (hehehehe) and non-offensive (hahahahaha) way possible.... (snickering)

It is in no way (hehehe) a personal attack (hahahaha) on you ...... (still snickering)

As far as my car (ahem) I already have plans for what I want to do. But I have to wait and wait and wait and wait and wait and then wait some more for you to finish doing the VR6 swap..... speaking of hows that going...let's take a look......

30+mpg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2008 10:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 30+mpgSend a Private Message to 30+mpgDirect Link to This Post

bmwguru:Finished photos? You'll have to wait a few more weeks. The body shop stared in Sept and are just about finished. They had to redo a lot of the prep work I had started. The car has come out better than I expected...a little too good. I'm almost afraid to drive it. As for the $100.00, well I'm not going to tell the final cost, but the orange paint was about $400 per pt.and they have over 100 hours into the prep and paint. The roof was not straight from a previous collision not repaired correctly. They had to straighten that out to get the body lines correct...plus lots more unexpected stuff.
Dave

The <$100 includes the cost of a new DA sander and I'm not afraid to drive it.

I had to straighten some collision damage & repair a lot of cracked plastic.

bmwguru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2008 07:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bmwguruClick Here to visit bmwguru's HomePageSend a Private Message to bmwguruDirect Link to This Post

The <$100 includes the cost of a new DA sander and I'm not afraid to drive it.

I had to straighten some collision damage & repair a lot of cracked plastic.

I looked at your build thread. Nice job! Joey and I have two other Fieros that we want fresh paint on, and I don't want them as nice as my orange one, but I don't want runs and drips all over the car. We just want the paint to not look 20 years old. I realize my abilities are not good enough to do any body work. So, we are looking for another body shop that would be willing to paint both cars to freshen them up.
Dave

[This message has been edited by bmwguru (edited 02-16-2008).]

anonymity

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2008 04:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for anonymityClick Here to visit anonymity's HomePageSend a Private Message to anonymityDirect Link to This Post
Well after months of nagging and crying and whining and moaning and... well you get the point....

The ultimate gayness is just about completed..... soon enough Dave will finally have his "car"....

Here are 2 more pictures of the extremely gay machine.....

ok, ok, ok.... I admit the car looks great, the way they painted it is neat. (don't tell Dave I said that!)

Joey
Curlrup

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2008 05:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CurlrupSend a Private Message to CurlrupDirect Link to This Post
Dude your wife is hilarious!!
PFF
System Bot
Saxman

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2008 05:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SaxmanClick Here to visit Saxman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SaxmanDirect Link to This Post
I don't know how I missed this thread, but I bet if you would have put some dirty shots of Joey up, I would have discovered it long ago!

Great job. I love toys that are different from all others, obviously. It must be something you and I share, Dave - cept yours also comes out in your taste for a different woman. Congrads on that one!

Again, the car looks gay ...errr - I meant GREAT. I few tiger stripes in there and you would have Sigfried and Roy all over you!

Keep up the great work, you two!
bmwguru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2008 05:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bmwguruClick Here to visit bmwguru's HomePageSend a Private Message to bmwguruDirect Link to This Post
thanks guys! Joey is great. She likes to pick on me on a daily basis and it is all in fun.
Apparantly, when she said "I don't care what color you paint it. It's your car. Do what you like." doesn't quite mean what I thought it did.
Dave
BMTFIERO

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2008 06:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BMTFIEROSend a Private Message to BMTFIERODirect Link to This Post
I really like that orange!!!!
bmwguru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2008 06:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bmwguruClick Here to visit bmwguru's HomePageSend a Private Message to bmwguruDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by bmwguru (edited 02-20-2008).]

anonymity

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2008 06:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for anonymityClick Here to visit anonymity's HomePageSend a Private Message to anonymityDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Curlrup:

Dude your wife is hilarious!!

No, I'm not.... well, ok maybe a little.

I'm simply stating my opinion about the color Dave chose for is car..... The whining, crying, nagging, and so on... is what I had to deal with everyday since dropping the car off at the body shop. When I say everyday, I don't mean once or twice asking about it, I mean throwing a temper fit that would put 2 and 3 year old kids to shame.... (don't tell Dave I said that either... )

Joey

bmwguru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2008 07:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bmwguruClick Here to visit bmwguru's HomePageSend a Private Message to bmwguruDirect Link to This Post

No, I'm not.... well, ok maybe a little.

I'm simply stating my opinion about the color Dave chose for is car..... The whining, crying, nagging, and so on... is what I had to deal with everyday since dropping the car off at the body shop. When I say everyday, I don't mean once or twice asking about it, I mean throwing a temper fit that would put 2 and 3 year old kids to shame.... (don't tell Dave I said that either... )

Joey

Woman.....I have high expectations. So a little temper fit here and there, well....it's not like I'm stomping off to my room. Just you wait until I get home!!!!

30+mpg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2008 07:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 30+mpgSend a Private Message to 30+mpgDirect Link to This Post
Topic: fed up! I'm going to paint her myself

How misleading...we can all see that didn't happen (the "myself" part).

So... Are you at least reassembling the body panels yourself?
bmwguru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2008 07:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bmwguruClick Here to visit bmwguru's HomePageSend a Private Message to bmwguruDirect Link to This Post

Topic: fed up! I'm going to paint her myself

How misleading...we can all see that didn't happen (the "myself" part).

So... Are you at least reassembling the body panels yourself?

I started out with the complete intention of painting it myself....after all, I am a certified master techincian. I can build crazy German engines and make the cars go fast....so a little sanding and paint....no problem! easy! cake! WRONG!!!!!
Anyway, the first page of this thread shows the attempt at the prep. I gave up in Sept. I realized that I never sanded or painted a car before and I wanted it to come out like it has. I since have sworn to never ever pick up a DA for the rest of my life. I have two other Fieros that need the paint freshened and I am looking around for a body shop that will do a decent/not show quality job.
So, sorry to mislead, but I at least tried and realized that under the hood is where I belong.
Dave
ps...to answer your question. No, they are assembling the car for me.

------------------

1987 GT (my toy-see above), 1987 GT (wife's toy), 1986 SE soon to be VR6, certified master technician/shop owner
www.njautobahn.com

[This message has been edited by bmwguru (edited 02-20-2008).]

Alex4mula

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2008 08:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaDirect Link to This Post

so a little sanding and paint....no problem! easy! cake! WRONG!!!!!

LOL! I'm in the same boat. At the end I did all the prep but sent it to someone to shoot it and fix the orange peel in the mirrors and headlight doors I did. It came out great. But putting it all back toguether is a pain. Those little trim pieces at the front fenders (front of door)? One and a half hour to put back. The little trim piece next to the door handle? One hour the first and 15min the second. Then hoods and alignment, new dew wipes, etc. etc. Still not completed Some things is better to pay for if you have the $$
bmwguru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2008 09:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bmwguruClick Here to visit bmwguru's HomePageSend a Private Message to bmwguruDirect Link to This Post
I don't think putting the car back together would be a problem. I took it apart. The body shop wanted to install all the parts to ensure proper spacing and fit. I really can't wait to drive it again.
Dave
PFF
System Bot
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2008 09:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
Paint hers Mary Kaye Pink for her birthday........
Alex4mula

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2008 10:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaDirect Link to This Post

I don't think putting the car back together would be a problem. I took it apart. The body shop wanted to install all the parts to ensure proper spacing and fit. I really can't wait to drive it again.
Dave

Taking apart is easy. Those trim parts took me 7 min to take them off all four. The hood took me another 7 min. But going back you need to align everything as you mentioned
anonymity

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2008 10:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for anonymityClick Here to visit anonymity's HomePageSend a Private Message to anonymityDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rogergarrison:

Paint hers Mary Kaye Pink for her birthday........

this chick don't do pink!!!!!

silver with blue ghost flames is more my speed.

Joey
anonymity

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2008 08:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for anonymityClick Here to visit anonymity's HomePageSend a Private Message to anonymityDirect Link to This Post
Bump (cuz I couldn't resist)

Ok, we should be getting the car back from the body shop by the end of this week. Dave is so excited! When he gets it back he's gotta do some stuff with it to make sure its ready to drive.

Then to complete the gayness he'll have to get studded fingerless driving gloves, huge pink sunglasses, fuzzy dice for the mirror, and a bada$$ matching leather outfit!

We'll post pics when we have it back at our shop.

Joey
Curlrup

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2008 11:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CurlrupSend a Private Message to CurlrupDirect Link to This Post

studded fingerless driving gloves

Joey

Oh those would look FABULLLOOOUUUSSS!!!
Fiero_Freak

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2008 11:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero_FreakSend a Private Message to Fiero_FreakDirect Link to This Post
Ummm... "That's Hot!"

I really do like the paint line, especially around the front/nose. Can't wait to see it setting on the new shoes.

------------------
Dana Mitchell
Member of the Gateway Fiero Club
88 GT Red w/ 5-Speed,86 SE Red w/ Black 3.2L w/ T-440,87 GT Blue w/ 5-Speed, 87 GT Maroon w/ Silver w/ Auto
95 Roadmaster Estate Wagon w/ Air Ride 2-Tone w/ Ghost Flames 07 2500HD Silverado Crew Cab 6.6L Duramax/Allison, 07 Saturn Outlook (wife's ride), 91 CBR1000F Is that enough?.... Good there's more!

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2008 10:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

This car is going to be totally killer !

Great color scheme ! Absolutely love it.

Can't wait to see it with the rims back on.

Is the car lowered at all ?
aconesa

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2008 12:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for aconesaSend a Private Message to aconesaDirect Link to This Post
Dave,

This is the Fiero you are bringing to the March meeting?

Abe
bmwguru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2008 03:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bmwguruClick Here to visit bmwguru's HomePageSend a Private Message to bmwguruDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by aconesa:

Dave,

This is the Fiero you are bringing to the March meeting?

Abe

yes, this is the beast we have been talking about. I have a 1.5" lowered front and rear end with 18x8" HP Racing Evo rims.
Dave
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock