Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall
  Zimmer Quicksilver Inner Door Skins...some of the nicest door skins created for Fiero (Page 1)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 7 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Zimmer Quicksilver Inner Door Skins...some of the nicest door skins created for Fiero by TXOPIE
Started on: 05-17-2013 01:55 AM
Replies: 256 (13407 views)
Last post by: dkh1020 on 10-05-2014 11:19 PM
TXOPIE

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2013 01:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Update: Here are the requests thus far, please let me know if I missed anyone.

THE LIST

YES

* TXOPIE
* Archie
* Yellowstone
* Rennoc442
* BAM-BAM
* Ghost187x
* FieroGTguy
* Predmeister
* Ace5514
* Sourmug
* Phirewire
* kriswinner
* K-Z
* dkh1020
* fieroseblack
* jsmorter
* Sonny Burnett 21
* Grabber Green

MAYBE

* grumio
* TXGOOD
* Coady
* Retroman
* Raydar
* MulletproofMonk
* KEV
* mrfred8
* Spoon
* OneSlowFiero
* BV MotorSports
* Fierogtlt1
* Fierofreak00

So here is Everyone...I have contracted EVM_Rob (the one that restored the MERA, D&R's Contach 5000 molds & does the replacement MERA rear tail lenses)

Since is was already splashing me a MERA body I asked him if he would reproduce the inner door skins from the Zimmer Quicksilver re-body...since I think that this inner door skin made the best use of the space available.

Here is the deal since he has to make them for me, he can offer other sets at the same time:

If I have 3 more committed (deposit paying) buyers...the cost is $250 for the set (which beats most any other option)
If we get 5 buyers...the cost will drop down to $175 for the set (which is just down right amazing)

[This message has been edited by TXOPIE (edited 08-10-2013).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
ace5514

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2013 04:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ace5514Send a Private Message to ace5514Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
are they all black or would there be color choices?
thanks
al
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2013 08:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
They would be fiberglass and would need to be upholstered like all aftermarket skins.
coady

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2013 08:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for coadySend a Private Message to coadyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
let me know if you get close to the 5 i would be interested in the set if they hit the discounted price.
retroman

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2013 09:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for retromanSend a Private Message to retromanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you can provide them as exactly shown in the pic and can get 4 other buyers, I would be interested. Would there be further discounts if a group larger than 5 (say 10-20) put in orders??
coady

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2013 09:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for coadySend a Private Message to coadyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i dont think they will be exactly as in the pic. it is my understanding they will come naked and buyer will be responsible to have them covered in whatever mamaterial they like.
if this in not correct let me know.
thanks

if i am correct do you think your guy can send you a pic of the raw uncovered skins as we would receive them?

[This message has been edited by coady (edited 05-17-2013).]

BAM-BAM

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2013 09:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BAM-BAMSend a Private Message to BAM-BAMEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM Sent

Peace!!
B2
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2013 10:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
UPDATE: Been talking to member, Russ88TTop, owner of RW Upolstery...

He already offers the Fiero community a variety of interior upholstery upgrades about a reduced cost deal on the upholstery for this group buy to keep the costs down for everyone...more to come on that from Russ himself...hopefully by COB today!
coady

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2013 10:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for coadySend a Private Message to coadyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
thats awesome! i use Russ for my upholstery and was going to call him if i buy the skins

edited for spelling lol

Russ88TTop

Feedback score:    (71)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2013 04:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Russ88TTopClick Here to visit Russ88TTop's HomePageSend a Private Message to Russ88TTopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Jim ( TXOPIE ) and I have spoke about covering the Zimmer panels. As soon as I receive the first set I will be able to have an idea of the cost to cover them. I will keep the cost as low as possible to make them affordable

I should also be able to offer different materials, colors and styles to meet each customers needs

Russ

------------------

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2013 05:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
UPDATE: Looking adding a pocket area that won't change the lines of the panel...just better utilization of space:

This area which is already recessed will now have a carved out area that will fit a 20 oz plastic soda bottle width and depth & a few other loose items such as a charging cord

Give me your thoughts everyone!

[This message has been edited by TXOPIE (edited 05-17-2013).]

PFF
System Bot
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2013 06:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

TXOPIE

2734 posts
Member since Mar 2012
UPDATE: OK everyone we have cleared the 5 unit line...all door panels will now be $175 for the set (which is just down right amazing)

Pony up the $...you all know that you want to update that worn out look and how can you beat the PRICE!
coady

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2013 06:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for coadySend a Private Message to coadyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
im waiting on hearing back from a guy who wants my present door skins that russ did for me a few months ago.
once there are gone (hopefully this week then my money will be off to you in a hurry.

BTW my vote is for no pocket on the door..keep it clean and sleek...

Sourmug

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2013 07:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SourmugSend a Private Message to SourmugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Do you have prototype pictures?

I'm quite interested but it's hard to spend money on something unseen.

Thanks
Nolan

[This message has been edited by Sourmug (edited 05-17-2013).]

BAM-BAM

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2013 09:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BAM-BAMSend a Private Message to BAM-BAMEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Count me in!! That is an awesome design

Peace!!
B2

------------------
Peace!!

B2 OUT!!
86GT 3.4LProject

[This message has been edited by BAM-BAM (edited 05-17-2013).]

dyvyd13

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2013 10:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dyvyd13Send a Private Message to dyvyd13Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i like the pocket idea . a place to put a drink.
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2013 10:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
UPDATE: I was just educated on something and it was not from EVM_Rob either.

It made a lot of sense and I agree with it what is stated below and meant no disrespect to EVM_Rob:

"I hope you don't mind me giving you a little information on "splashing"

It is not a correct term for what Rob is doing with the 308 (Mera) molds.

Maybe Rob won't tell you (& that's why I'm giving you the heads up) what he's not telling you is that good Fiberglass guys don't like (in fact they hate) the term "splashing"

If I remember correctly, he had a very bad 308 (Mera) replica that junk. He reworked & fixed every panel on the car & made them fit correctly & have high quality. He then pulled new molds off of that perfect body. So when he makes you a body, he is making a kit for you of something he has spent a lot of time getting "right".

A person who is "splashing" a 308 (Mera) body from him & then, without even putting the body together, he is copying Rob's panels & making his own molds with the intent to turn around & start selling those bodies to people who would have been buying a body from Rob. So, Rob has spent all the time & money developing this kit & someone else is just going to "splash" it to make kits with none of the investment in the project like Rob has.

Just thought you'd like to know."

I meant no dis-respect with using the "Term" splashing...this is not my area of expertise and so I apologize for incorrectly using that term. Because in my opinion EVM_Rob does amazing work and that is why I contracted with him to do the work,

Thanks for letting me share!
coady

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2013 11:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for coadySend a Private Message to coadyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
are you able to get a few pictures of the bare skin?
FieroGTguy

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 101
Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2013 11:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGTguyClick Here to visit FieroGTguy's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroGTguyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would be in for a discounted set sent to Russ. What are you guesstimating the covering? (arm and suede area black cf material, same blue sticking)

Greg

[This message has been edited by FieroGTguy (edited 05-17-2013).]

retroman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2013 07:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for retromanSend a Private Message to retromanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I like the idea of adding a pocket as well as the sleeker pocketless look. I'd like to see the finished product with the pocket before I decide I go in on it. If I don't like it, I hope you would still consider offering the pocketless version. Also, just a suggestion.. Have you considered adding a location for a subwoofer in the lower left corner? Maybe some 2" tweeters too?? I'm not an audiophile (I prefer the tunes coming out the exhaust), but I thought it might be a good suggestion. Thanks!!

[This message has been edited by retroman (edited 05-18-2013).]

rennoc442

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2013 08:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rennoc442Send a Private Message to rennoc442Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would be down for a set, of course in a beechwood or a tan color. Would pay up to $500 for the right set.
PFF
System Bot
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2013 03:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
UPDATE: I have requested for EVM_Rob to take some of the build and prototype pictures...hopefully later this week he will be able to get us some.
Joe 1320

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2013 03:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Joe 1320Click Here to visit Joe 1320's HomePageSend a Private Message to Joe 1320Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would like to see the prop type as well.

------------------
84 2.5
87 328 GTB replica
87 Coutach replica

Sourmug

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2013 04:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SourmugSend a Private Message to SourmugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

UPDATE: I have requested for EVM_Rob to take some of the build and prototype pictures...hopefully later this week he will be able to get us some.

Thanks very much! Loooking forward to seeing the pictures.

Nolan

[This message has been edited by Sourmug (edited 05-18-2013).]

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2013 06:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
BUMP
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2013 10:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
MOVED TO THE TOP

[This message has been edited by TXOPIE (edited 05-26-2013).]

Sourmug

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2013 11:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SourmugSend a Private Message to SourmugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
TXOPIE

Yes, please keep me on the list.

Thanks
ace5514

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2013 04:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ace5514Send a Private Message to ace5514Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Txopie
glad you kept me on the list ... at 175.00 for the set you can put me at a yes....as long as you don't need the cash before the first set is done. I would really like to see the finished skins. Makes it easier to lay down the money. Also, any idea on the cost for covering yet?
Thanks
Al

[This message has been edited by ace5514 (edited 05-22-2013).]

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2013 09:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ace5514:

Txopie
glad you kept me on the list ... at 175.00 for the set you can put me at a yes....as long as you don't need the cash before the first set is done. I would really like to see the finished skins. Makes it easier to lay down the money. Also, any idea on the cost for covering yet?
Thanks
Al

Al,

DONE & DONE !
Sourmug

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2013 12:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SourmugSend a Private Message to SourmugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ace5514:

Txopie
Thanks
Al

You can do the same for me as well.

Thanks
Nolan
coady

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2013 01:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for coadySend a Private Message to coadyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
would we have to pay in full or just a deposit right now?
PFF
System Bot
John Black88GT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2013 10:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for John Black88GTSend a Private Message to John Black88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
These look great, put me down for a set.
TXGOOD

Feedback score:    (58)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2013 09:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I`ll go in as a maybe.
I can save on the cost as I`ll upholster it myself.
TXGOOD

Feedback score:    (58)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2013 09:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

TXGOOD

5410 posts
Member since Feb 2006

Originally posted by TXOPIE:

UPDATE: I was just educated on something and it was not from EVM_Rob either.

It made a lot of sense and I agree with it what is stated below and meant no disrespect to EVM_Rob:

"I hope you don't mind me giving you a little information on "splashing"

It is not a correct term for what Rob is doing with the 308 (Mera) molds.

Maybe Rob won't tell you (& that's why I'm giving you the heads up) what he's not telling you is that good Fiberglass guys don't like (in fact they hate) the term "splashing"

If I remember correctly, he had a very bad 308 (Mera) replica that junk. He reworked & fixed every panel on the car & made them fit correctly & have high quality. He then pulled new molds off of that perfect body. So when he makes you a body, he is making a kit for you of something he has spent a lot of time getting "right".

A person who is "splashing" a 308 (Mera) body from him & then, without even putting the body together, he is copying Rob's panels & making his own molds with the intent to turn around & start selling those bodies to people who would have been buying a body from Rob. So, Rob has spent all the time & money developing this kit & someone else is just going to "splash" it to make kits with none of the investment in the project like Rob has.

Just thought you'd like to know."

I meant no dis-respect with using the "Term" splashing...this is not my area of expertise and so I apologize for incorrectly using that term. Because in my opinion EVM_Rob does amazing work and that is why I contracted with him to do the work,

Thanks for letting me share!

I have heard the term "splashing" in a different scenario.
In this one a person rents an exotic car and "splashes" a mould off of the assembled car for a quick turn around on a body kit.
Which is why they sometimes need a lot of work as the person making the mould only gets the surface of the body and has to hand make the edges that curve around.

Phirewire

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2013 09:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhirewireSend a Private Message to PhirewireEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Put me for a yes in the second run./
kriswinner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2013 07:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kriswinnerSend a Private Message to kriswinnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Add me to the list. I'm a 'yes'!
FieroGTguy

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 101
Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2013 02:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGTguyClick Here to visit FieroGTguy's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroGTguyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm interested in a modern pocket area as well. I'll also pay for the first covered set from Russ (unless that's for Russ's use himself).

Is a pocket planned, or would have to be tweaked after the run?

Thanks,
Greg
grumio

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2013 03:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for grumioSend a Private Message to grumioEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Put me down as a 'maybe'. Thanks!
retroman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2013 04:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for retromanSend a Private Message to retromanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump. Please keep me down as a maybe at least until you get the first pics posted.
skuzzbomer

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2013 05:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I like the idea for the pocket in the door. My daily driver has that feature and they're exactly the right size to fit a few CD cases and a bottle of water, which is pretty convenient.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 7 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock