Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  My Fiero came back from paint!! PICS!! (Page 5)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 9 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
My Fiero came back from paint!! PICS!! by DeLorean00
Started on: 08-29-2008 09:31 PM
Replies: 320 (26497 views)
Last post by: rlndhill on 03-12-2021 04:31 PM
Gokart Mozart

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2009 09:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DeLorean00:

Thanks!

Simple answer, no. You could buy a real 355 for the cost involved in this build. But I wanted to create this car and I am proud of what I have built regardless of the expense.

ebay: http://motors.shop.ebay.com...p3286.c0.m282&_rdc=1

Ferrari : 355 Spider Ferrari F355 Spider 1995 47,100 $57,900.00 2d 16h 30m

Ferrari : 355 F 355 SPIDER FERRARI F355 SPIDER 1996 REPAIRABLE Enlarge 1996 33,043 $39,500.00 6d 23h 51m

Ferrari : 355 Spider Ferrari F355 Spider Convertible *Only 10K Miles* 1997 10,003 0 Bids $54,900.00 3d 20h 59m

Ferrari : 360 Spider BAD CREDIT OK - Also F430 575m 512tr F355 California 2003 13,000 $125,000.00 11d 13h 49m

Ferrari : 355 1998 RWD F355 Spyder Manual Black Tan 1998 6,672 $66,900.00 19d 14h 47m
IP: Logged
DeLorean00

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2009 09:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DeLorean00Send a Private Message to DeLorean00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you count on some of my labor the car is over $70k. It you don't its still almost at the cost of a used 355.
AusFiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2009 10:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AusFieroClick Here to visit AusFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to AusFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

If you count on some of my labor the car is over $70k. It you don't its still almost at the cost of a used 355.

But a hell of a lot less to maintain.
DeLorean00

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2009 01:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DeLorean00Send a Private Message to DeLorean00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by AusFiero:

But a hell of a lot less to maintain.

That for sure. Plus we can send it to Archie and put an LS7 in it!!

Austrian Import

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2009 01:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You're coming to 2009 Fiero WestFest, right?
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/076204.html

uppy eyes:

This will be a gorgeous car to see there.
DeLorean00

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2009 10:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DeLorean00Send a Private Message to DeLorean00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am not sure about WestFest It is on the weekend of my birthday.

We worked all weekend on the car and completed a lot of little projects.

To start with we added a fuse block to run all the new accessories we are installing.

Still needs a lot of cleaning under the hood but the wiring in almost done.

Then we installed and wired the fog lights. It took a few custom made brackets and lots of hours but we got them mounted just right. We used all good gauge wiring covered in split loom and heat shrinked all the connectors. Also we are using a relay to run the fog lights. We ran the wires to the interior for the switch and a fog lamp indicator light.

I repaired the OEM Ferrari airbag. I bought this bag deployed so I needed to clean it up and fiberglass it back together.

Clamped and fiberglassed

Cleaned and re-dyed

Glueing the emblem back on.

Reinstalled, not quite finished but very close.

We also installed the passenger side door popper and cleaned up some other wiring. We are making some good progress!

------------------
Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2009 03:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I am not sure about WestFest It is on the weekend of my birthday.

Just come for a few hours then. It would be good to have at least 1-2 gorgeous Ferrari's there.
DeLorean00

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2009 09:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DeLorean00Send a Private Message to DeLorean00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Today, we worked all day and built a wiring harness for the dash. The Amida dash is amazing and comes with all the warning lights installed, but I wanted to add one more touch to make it nicer to install. So Dustin and I made up a wiring harness with factory style connectors, so when the car goes to back together it should be much easier and cleaner.

Building a wiring harness, etc.

New OEM style connectors.

I am very pleased on the result. I also wired the stereo in. More to come tomorrow!

Stay tuned.....

------------------
Amida

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2009 11:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Way to go. The plugs makes for easier connections.
DeLorean00

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2009 12:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DeLorean00Send a Private Message to DeLorean00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Amida:

Way to go. The plugs makes for easier connections.

Thank you!! I figured if anyone ever needed to remove the cluster in the future that the plugs would save a lot of hassle. Also it will make it a little easier to install.

DeLorean00

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2009 10:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DeLorean00Send a Private Message to DeLorean00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

DeLorean00

4251 posts
Member since Aug 2005
Today was a HUGE day! A real milestone in this build.

I started off by building a harness for the seat speakers since this car was not original equipped with them. It went really smooth and will making installing the seats a breeze! Then Dustin and I remounted the power window switches on the door. These switches are really nice and are back lit, they should look great at night.

We then ran the power door locks to the center console where the new switch is. We moved on to building a harness for the center console and wired in all the accessories. Dustin's custom wiring is top notch. This car goes together like a OEM car.

I mounted the dash speakers in the new Amida dash.

Wiring mess. LoL. But its getting much cleaner. We spent a lot of time removing redundant wiring.

Dash going in, thanks to all the extra time spent before this step it went smooth. All the new connectors just snapped and worked on the first try.

We then finished the radio wiring and few extra items and we are done! Everything you see is installed and working. Great weekend!!

PFF
System Bot
doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2009 11:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That looks incredible, I wish the interior came that way from the factory

------------------

DeLorean00

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2009 02:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DeLorean00Send a Private Message to DeLorean00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by doublec4:

That looks incredible, I wish the interior came that way from the factory

It did, you just had to buy a Ferrari.

And thanks, Amida really does a great job on the interiors.

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2009 02:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What speakers did you put in the dash?
DeLorean00

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2009 11:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DeLorean00Send a Private Message to DeLorean00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

What speakers did you put in the dash?

They are Phoenix Gold, and for 3" speakers they sound really good and mounted easily to your dash. All I used was a nut as a spacer and a self tapping sheet metal screw, they are very solid.

[This message has been edited by DeLorean00 (edited 06-22-2009).]

Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post06-22-2009 11:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That does look seriously sick! I am going to have that robot Amida build me a dash one of these days.
DeLorean00

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2009 11:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DeLorean00Send a Private Message to DeLorean00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tony Kania:

That does look seriously sick! I am going to have that robot Amida build me a dash one of these days.

LoL! Robot!!!
Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2009 03:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is that the kind of speakers Ferrari envisioned as well?
Or are Ferrari speakers in the doors. (and tweeters in the dash)
Or did Ferrari say, the "speaker" is the flat crank V8 behind the ears?

Inquiring minds want to know.
DeLorean00

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2009 09:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DeLorean00Send a Private Message to DeLorean00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Austrian Import:

Good question. I am really not sure were they mounted the speakers in a Ferrari.

Worked on the car today a little bit. We changed the fuel filter, charged up the AC, removed a fender liner, adjusted the rear bumper, worked on the door locks, and installed a new battery. I then took it for a short drive. It went great, it was nice to see to car outside of the garage. Ruby had the camera so I only got these cell phone photos.

Enjoy,

[This message has been edited by DeLorean00 (edited 07-11-2009).]

kevin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2009 11:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kevinSend a Private Message to kevinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Chris,

Love your build and commitment to excellence. (Oakland Raiders?) Speaking of details and getting all the correct aspects together, have you considered Ansa exhaust tips? I cannot wait to see your creations...

Cordially,
Kevin
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2009 11:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very nice!
PFF
System Bot
DeLorean00

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2009 10:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DeLorean00Send a Private Message to DeLorean00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well lots of progress but nothing really to show. Its all been wiring work, so I could post lots of photos of wiring looms but that is kinda boring. LoL!

So here is the underhood. It not cleaned and painted yet but we added a battery cut of switch, a new battery, a new battery hold down, hard wired in a float charger for winter storage, and yes that is a outlet mounted in there as well. We have set it up so when you store the car you just switch the battery off and reach under the front bumper and plug the float charger in and you are done! No mess!

DeLorean00

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2009 11:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DeLorean00Send a Private Message to DeLorean00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Today, Dustin and I started on building a sub-frame. We wanted to add some extra strength to the frame since we weakened it by removing part of the b-pillars. I already reinforced the b-pillars but I thought a box with an "x" under the car would add a that last bit of extra strength.

So we went over to out local steel yard and picked up two 20' sticks of 1 1/2" box tubing. (Yard cut them down for us to transport.)

Then Dustin and I made some measurements and cut the sticks. We used 45 degree cuts for the corners to add strength.

When that was done I welded all the pieces together and made sure it was true and square.

Then ground down the car and got it ready to weld the outside box in.

Then I welded the box into place in the car. It was one of the nastiest job I have done in awhile.

Here it is welded in. I know its not a great photo.

So tomorrow we are going to make the "x" section of this frame unit and then we will weld that in. Once that is done we will clean the welds up and paint the frame.

[This message has been edited by DeLorean00 (edited 08-22-2009).]

randye

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2009 12:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Do you have an in-tank fuel pump?
If so, how do you plan to drop the fuel tank if you ever need to replace it?
DeLorean00

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2009 12:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DeLorean00Send a Private Message to DeLorean00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by randye:

Do you have an in-tank fuel pump?
If so, how do you plan to drop the fuel tank if you ever need to replace it?

I have the factory pump, so yes its in tank. Then next time it goes out we will just have to grind out the welds on the "x" section and remove it. Then when the pump is changed we can just put the "x" back and re-weld it. All in all it will add about 1 hour the the fuel pump job. It might be a hassle but the benefit of a strong frame out weighs the added hassle of grinding some welds.

[This message has been edited by DeLorean00 (edited 08-23-2009).]

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2009 08:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Isn't the x-frame for roadsters? If you welded in tubes along the sail panels I would think that should be enough.
DeLorean00

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2009 01:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DeLorean00Send a Private Message to DeLorean00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Isn't the x-frame for roadsters? If you welded in tubes along the sail panels I would think that should be enough.

Intentional over-kill my friend!!
DeLorean00

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2009 10:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DeLorean00Send a Private Message to DeLorean00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

DeLorean00

4251 posts
Member since Aug 2005
Today, we finished up the "x" frame. Still have a little bit of grinding to do and then we will paint it.

mattwa

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2009 11:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Today, we finished up the "x" frame. Still have a little bit of grinding to do and then we will paint it.

Let me guess....red.

Awesome work so far! Keep it up.
Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2009 11:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Austrian Import:

http://www.ferrarichat.com/...902930#post138902930

The original door speakers from my 348 are marked "Made in Italy by Autosonik". The housing is 6 1/2" in diameter, the depth is 2 1/2". The rating is "potenza max 60W, potenza rms 30W, impedenza 4 ohm". My originals had the rubber disintegrate, so they were sitting in a box in my garage.

The tweeters are easy to remove, behind the vents. They twist into brackets, no screws. Again, it's an Autosonik. Approx 1 3/4" in diameter.
DeLorean00

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2009 08:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DeLorean00Send a Private Message to DeLorean00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We done a lot of work lately. Here is a photo of the Rodney Dickman rear cradle brace we just added today.

And we managed to straightened a drill bit. I have never done that before, didn't even know it was possible.

[This message has been edited by DeLorean00 (edited 10-11-2009).]

PFF
System Bot
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2009 08:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

And we managed to straightened a drill bit. I have never done that before, didn't even it was possible.

How the hell do you do that? Isn't that a titanium bit?
DeLorean00

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2009 08:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DeLorean00Send a Private Message to DeLorean00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IMSA GT:

How the hell do you do that? Isn't that a titanium bit?

No idea!! I was just drilling a hole in the frame. And it came out looking like that. It was a very cheap drill bit, but still!!
RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 304
Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2009 10:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Titanium coated apparently, but still, Must be one hell of a drill. Bits I use either snap or start spinning in the chuck.

Awesome progress so far! Love watching a good build thread

------------------

1984 Fiero SE

pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2009 10:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I knew you clifornions dident do it right. Your suposed to take the wheels off when you put it up on cinder blocks........ Comming along nice dude. Keep up the good work.
DeLorean00

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2009 11:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DeLorean00Send a Private Message to DeLorean00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the comments guys!

To see the car in motion check this out. This is not this car but it is its twin brother. Shane (brastic here) and I built these cars together. So there are two exactly the same 355 kits out there. I built half of his car and he built half of mine. Worked out great.

[This message has been edited by DeLorean00 (edited 10-11-2009).]

N3M3S1S

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2009 11:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for N3M3S1SSend a Private Message to N3M3S1SEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thanks for the comments guys!

To see the car in motion check this out. This is not this car but it is its twin brother. Shane (brastic here) and I built these cars together. So there are two exactly the same 355 kits out there. I built half of his car and he built half of mine. Worked out great.

Hear that Rick? There's two.. Means we can both have our own and not argue over one when we.... borrow... these cars. =D
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2009 11:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by N3M3S1S:

Hear that Rick? There's two.. Means we can both have our own and not argue over one when we.... borrow... these cars. =D

Lol Ill still smoke yours.

[This message has been edited by pontiackid86 (edited 10-11-2009).]

Australian

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2009 03:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Glad to hear you lived through your build. Looks rather suicidal the car on blocks. Beautiful job you have done i am well aware of the amount of work required you may have your weekends back soon.
grkboy707

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2009 06:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for grkboy707Send a Private Message to grkboy707Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
wow.... that is insanely gorgeous....
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 9 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock