Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  My Fiero came back from paint!! PICS!! (Page 3)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 9 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
My Fiero came back from paint!! PICS!! by DeLorean00
Started on: 08-29-2008 09:31 PM
Replies: 320 (26471 views)
Last post by: rlndhill on 03-12-2021 04:31 PM
doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2008 05:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Want to come do my cradle bushings? I'm kind of scared of doing that myself....
IP: Logged
avengador1

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 571
Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2008 05:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You do know that it would have been easier (and safer) to burn the bushings with the craddle removed from the car?
DeLorean00

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2008 06:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DeLorean00Send a Private Message to DeLorean00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mmeyer86gt/gtp:

wheres the pics of the interior with that nice shift knob.

LoL, no shift knob yet!! I have the one you sent me sitting on my end table waiting for the Indy project to begin.

DeLorean00

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2008 06:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DeLorean00Send a Private Message to DeLorean00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

DeLorean00

4251 posts
Member since Aug 2005

Originally posted by doublec4:

Want to come do my cradle bushings? I'm kind of scared of doing that myself....

Sure!! You want to pay my airfair?? I could always use another vacation.

DeLorean00

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2008 06:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DeLorean00Send a Private Message to DeLorean00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

DeLorean00

4251 posts
Member since Aug 2005

Originally posted by avengador1:

You do know that it would have been easier (and safer) to burn the bushings with the craddle removed from the car?

Sure if the cradle was already out of the car. But the added effort of removing the cradle is not worth it, although it is a lot safer.

Blackangel427

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2008 07:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Blackangel427Send a Private Message to Blackangel427Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
man that car looks like it should go to that house! its like the rockstar image that car in front of that house man thats crazy you are doing alright and you did a AWESOME job on that car!
DeLorean00

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2008 09:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DeLorean00Send a Private Message to DeLorean00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Blackangel427:

man that car looks like it should go to that house! its like the rockstar image that car in front of that house man thats crazy you are doing alright and you did a AWESOME job on that car!

Thank you!! Whats funny is my house is just like every other house on my street. Its actually considered a pretty average house here in California.

doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2008 11:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
hahaha I would pay for your airfare ... however I have a feeling you don't have much of an interest coming to Canada based on the pictures of where you live. We had our first snow fall here today where I live.

When I go through the process of changing my cradle bushings in the spring I might send you a pm for advice so I don't burn my car to the ground.
DeLorean00

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2008 12:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DeLorean00Send a Private Message to DeLorean00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by doublec4:

hahaha I would pay for your airfare ... however I have a feeling you don't have much of an interest coming to Canada based on the pictures of where you live. We had our first snow fall here today where I live.

When I go through the process of changing my cradle bushings in the spring I might send you a pm for advice so I don't burn my car to the ground.

Sure send me a PM when your ready. I have learned a few tricks now that its done I wish I knew before I started. I guess I should have talked to Rodney.
DeLorean00

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2008 12:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DeLorean00Send a Private Message to DeLorean00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
New big bore throttle body!! Installing this and porting the intake this weekend.

DeLorean00

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2008 04:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DeLorean00Send a Private Message to DeLorean00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We finished the Rodney Dickman solid cradle bushings, installed Rodney's under drive pulley setup. Then we removed the upper intake in order to port it out for the big bore throttle body we are installing. While we are in there we will be installing Rodney's stainless steel vacuum lines.

[This message has been edited by DeLorean00 (edited 11-03-2008).]

PFF
System Bot
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2008 05:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DeLorean00:

Whats funny is my house is just like every other house on my street. Its actually considered a pretty average house here in California.

Your street must be in a pretty nice neighborhood then. I suspect your house is not "a pretty average house here in California".

Great job on the car.

85duke

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2008 03:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 85dukeSend a Private Message to 85dukeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Actually his house is about what you would see around these parts. Btw chris the car had a digital dash so i couldn't get the mileage. It looks really clean and the harness is complete.
DeLorean00

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2008 12:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DeLorean00Send a Private Message to DeLorean00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 85duke:

Actually his house is about what you would see around these parts. Btw chris the car had a digital dash so i couldn't get the mileage. It looks really clean and the harness is complete.

Damn, I wish I had the extra time and money to go and pull it. Thanks for the heads up.

Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2008 01:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Actually his house is about what you would see around these parts.

California is a big state.

Whats funny is my house is just like every other house on my street. Its actually considered a pretty average house here in California.

WisconsinGT

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2008 05:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WisconsinGTSend a Private Message to WisconsinGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Extremely nice work DeLorean00! Good on you mate!
Ditkaphile

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2008 07:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DitkaphileSend a Private Message to DitkaphileEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
In theory, if I could afford to buy an '88 GT T-Top car on ebay, I wouldn't make it a trailer queen. I would drive it as often as possible. But your car...my God that is a piece of art, a thing of beauty. It should be sealed in a bubble of sorts, so that people in the year 2100 can see what was possible with an under-engineered 1980s Pontiac
DeLorean00

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2008 08:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DeLorean00Send a Private Message to DeLorean00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Ditkaphile:

In theory, if I could afford to buy an '88 GT T-Top car on ebay, I wouldn't make it a trailer queen. I would drive it as often as possible. But your car...my God that is a piece of art, a thing of beauty. It should be sealed in a bubble of sorts, so that people in the year 2100 can see what was possible with an under-engineered 1980s Pontiac

Thank you, for the big complement!! Boy do I ever love telling people its a 1986 Pontiac, you should see the looks on their faces.

85duke

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2008 10:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85dukeSend a Private Message to 85dukeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How is the intake coming along?
DeLorean00

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2008 10:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DeLorean00Send a Private Message to DeLorean00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

How is the intake coming along?

Its not! LoL. Its in the same spot as the photo. I tend to be very busy during the week running my company. So all the projects have to wait until the weekend in order for me to work on them.

VelociJuris

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2008 10:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VelociJurisSend a Private Message to VelociJurisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow, beautiful car!
PFF
System Bot
DeLorean00

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2008 11:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DeLorean00Send a Private Message to DeLorean00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by VelociJuris:

Wow, beautiful car!

Thank you!
85SEnochie

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2008 05:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85SEnochieSend a Private Message to 85SEnochieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Beautifull car It is my desk top pic I did tweak it just a little Dam I forgot the Mirrors, edit for mirrors

[This message has been edited by 85SEnochie (edited 11-07-2008).]

DeLorean00

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2008 11:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DeLorean00Send a Private Message to DeLorean00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 85SEnochie:

Beautifull car It is my desk top pic I did tweak it just a little Dam I forgot the Mirrors, edit for mirrors

I am flattered its your desktop! Interesting headlights, it would have saved me a ton of time making the popups function correctly if I had did that.

I should be able to get some work on the car this weekend. I am hoping to have it on the ground again running so I can get some good outside shots of it.
DeLorean00

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2008 08:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DeLorean00Send a Private Message to DeLorean00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Update. We ported out the intake to match the new big bore throttle body. Installed the new low temp fan switch. Replaced the ignition module. I cleaned and painted the upper intake, then installed the Ferrari plate. Replaced all the vacuum line with Rodney Dickmans stainless steel lines. Reinstalled the upper intake with new gaskets. And installed the new throttle body.

Rodneys SS lines, a must have for Fiero owners.

Cleaned Ported and Painted.

Stainless Steel lines intalled.

Some of the porting work.

Intake set back on.

Friend Dustin helping.

Finished.

I just thought this was funny and fitting.
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2008 08:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
your now on my i hate you list to!!!!!!!!!!! i like it keep up the good work

[This message has been edited by pontiackid86 (edited 11-09-2008).]

pumpkincarriage

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2008 02:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pumpkincarriageSend a Private Message to pumpkincarriageEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Love the logos!

Why are there swirl marks in your new paint though?!?
DeLorean00

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2008 12:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DeLorean00Send a Private Message to DeLorean00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pumpkincarriage:

Love the logos!

Why are there swirl marks in your new paint though?!?

Thanks. Its funny there are no swirl marks in real life, but in some photos up close with the flash on they show up.
DeLorean00

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2008 05:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DeLorean00Send a Private Message to DeLorean00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here is another photo. Ahh its good to be rich....... LoL J/K!! Pumpkincarriage might notice something about this photo that upsets me.

randye

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2008 07:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Here is another photo. Ahh its good to be rich....... LoL J/K!! Pumpkincarriage might notice something about this photo that upsets me.

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

Nice work!
And you even had time to wax your garage floor!
DeLorean00

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2008 09:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DeLorean00Send a Private Message to DeLorean00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by randye:

Nice work!
And you even had time to wax your garage floor!

Thanks!! Actually the floor was wet because I was washing out all the burnt remnants of my cradle bushings.

PFF
System Bot
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post12-26-2008 11:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump! Just read your whole thread. Word by word. Excellent rebody. I admit, I am not a rebody fan. Not knocking them though. But yours is beautiful. What a piece of art. Post some recent pics please. I have seen her plastered all over this site. One of my favorites. I really like those lines. Good luck with her.

------------------
Tony K

kyunderdawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post12-27-2008 12:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kyunderdawgSend a Private Message to kyunderdawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm seein' a V8 in the future......LS7? Come on Chris, how 'bout it?

Paul
DeLorean00

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-27-2008 09:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DeLorean00Send a Private Message to DeLorean00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tony Kania:

Bump! Just read your whole thread. Word by word. Excellent rebody. I admit, I am not a rebody fan. Not knocking them though. But yours is beautiful. What a piece of art. Post some recent pics please. I have seen her plastered all over this site. One of my favorites. I really like those lines. Good luck with her.

Thanks!! I will post some photos soon. The interior from Amida is coming very soon. Nothing much has changed on it since the last update. But this thing should be moving again very soon.

Stay Tuned.
DeLorean00

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-27-2008 09:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DeLorean00Send a Private Message to DeLorean00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

DeLorean00

4251 posts
Member since Aug 2005

Originally posted by kyunderdawg:

I'm seein' a V8 in the future......LS7? Come on Chris, how 'bout it?

Paul

Ha, actually interior and brakes are next. Should start coming together very soon!

kyunderdawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post12-27-2008 10:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kyunderdawgSend a Private Message to kyunderdawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Ha, actually interior and brakes are next. Should start coming together very soon!

IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 252
Rate this member

Report this Post12-27-2008 10:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thanks!! I will post some photos soon. The interior from Amida is coming very soon. Nothing much has changed on it since the last update. But this thing should be moving again very soon.

Stay Tuned.

I can't wait to see the interior on this car if Amida is making it....actually, I can't wait to see the whole car in person
DeLorean00

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-27-2008 11:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DeLorean00Send a Private Message to DeLorean00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IMSA GT:

I can't wait to see the interior on this car if Amida is making it....actually, I can't wait to see the whole car in person

I guess you will have to drive that IMSA up here and check it out.

Tony Kania

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post12-28-2008 11:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That body, with Amida's interior....Damn! Kinda like marrying a really intelligent stripper. There may only be a few in the whole world.
DeLorean00

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2009 12:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DeLorean00Send a Private Message to DeLorean00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I had to pull the cars out so I could install some overhead lighting. I thought you all would enjoy some photos!

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 9 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock