Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  Project XTC - The Rehabilitation! (Page 12)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 12 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Project XTC - The Rehabilitation! by katatak
Started on: 03-14-2009 05:57 PM
Replies: 466 (20919 views)
Last post by: Marine1981 on 10-14-2011 11:47 PM
Sofa King

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2011 08:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Sofa KingSend a Private Message to Sofa KingEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The XTC is off to paint?! Fantastic!
IP: Logged
Rick 88

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2011 08:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick 88Send a Private Message to Rick 88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
katatak

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2011 11:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got her back this morning. Paint looks good but not completely happy with the prep and bodywork. The guy was kind of sloppy too. Got overspary on some of the interior and primer on some of the weather seal around the doors plus overspary on the motor & in the spare tire area. Nothing that won;t clean up but it is a little crappy. The color is great - shows off all the body lines really well. I need to find a suitable belt line molding, highlight the air intakes (mesh) and do a little "claen" up. The paint itself is smooth as glass and is really nice but he did not spend a lot of time fixing little imperfections. On with the show!

More later!

Pat
BlackThunderGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2011 12:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackThunderGTSend a Private Message to BlackThunderGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pat,
The color looks great!

katatak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2011 04:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BlackThunderGT:

Pat,
The color looks great!

Thank you sir! I think it was a pretty good choice for the lines of the car. Under street lights it has a amethyst tint to it.
1988holleyformula

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2011 10:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1988holleyformulaSend a Private Message to 1988holleyformulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
First off, that paint looks sweet! Really brings out the 'exotic' look of the XTC.

I thought I read somewhere in this thread that the decklid vents would be glassed in before paint...?
Not a big deal, and they actually kinda stand out a bit more, if that's the look you were going for. I myself would prefer the stealth look.
katatak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2011 01:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 1988holleyformula:

First off, that paint looks sweet! Really brings out the 'exotic' look of the XTC.

I thought I read somewhere in this thread that the decklid vents would be glassed in before paint...?
Not a big deal, and they actually kinda stand out a bit more, if that's the look you were going for. I myself would prefer the stealth look.

You are right, That was the origianl plan. The paint deal came up so quick it simply was overlooked. It still can be done - just would have to re paint the decklid - I have enough leftover paint to do the job. The car is up for sale over in the mall and on CL right now.

Thanks for your reply.

Pat
Carcenomy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2011 02:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CarcenomyClick Here to visit Carcenomy's HomePageSend a Private Message to CarcenomyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Oooooh, the new colour looks really good katatak. Are you gonna paint the sails in black?
josef644

Feedback score:    (71)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2011 06:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Graet looking car Pat.
ace5514

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2011 11:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ace5514Send a Private Message to ace5514Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Now that looks NICE!
al
katatak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2011 12:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks all for the comments.

Here's a list of what I want to do to the car next:

Paint all the "scoop" mesh black or a dark charcoal. There is a color out there in Rustoleum called "Cast Iron". I painted the motor in my 86 Coupe this color and I am going to paint the rear vent this color and see how it looks - I can always change it to black.

Finish the AC!

Detail under the hood - clean it up - repaint it semi gloss black.

Install new windshield.

Detail under the decklid - clean it up and paint it semi gloss black - detail the engine compartment and reinstall the trunk carpet.

Rehab the interior - remove all the intierior - repaint the trim, dash and console pieces and clean the carpet.

Buy/Fab and install new belt line trim - not sure what I am going to use yet. It had a simple "stick on" black door trim/molding. I need to look around and see what's available.

The right front lower valance brakets are bent and allows the valance to hang too low - I will tear it apart and fix that.

Not sure where I will start first - trying to sell it at the moment but so far there is not much interest. I'll start working on it this weekend though. It would be nice to actually "complete" a project before I move on to another one.

More later!

Pat
PFF
System Bot
Rick 88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2011 05:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick 88Send a Private Message to Rick 88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pat,

I think you can find a bulk roll of black self adhesive body side moulding at Alamo or APS wareshouse that should work. Or, you could just paint the channel black like on the Mera.

[This message has been edited by Rick 88 (edited 06-21-2011).]

katatak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2011 08:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The XTC is up for sale - Out on EBay with a starting bid of 4500.00! Can't build one like it for that much!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymot...eName=STRK:MESELX:IT
Sofa King

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2011 10:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Sofa KingSend a Private Message to Sofa KingEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
WHOA! The car look great! But why are you selling?

[This message has been edited by Sofa King (edited 07-02-2011).]

katatak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2011 10:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Sofa King:

WHOA! The car look great! But why are you selling?

First off - I need to raise some funds to buy my son a reliable driver - he's off to college in the Fall and secondly, I need to make room for a new project! The whole fleet if up for sale. My plan is to move to of the Fiero's - which ever one does not sell will be the one I keep as a driver.
katatak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2011 01:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pat

[This message has been edited by katatak (edited 07-06-2011).]

Sofa King

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2011 11:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Sofa KingSend a Private Message to Sofa KingEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not sure I quite understood what you wrote... so are you moving away from the Fiero all together?
BlackThunderGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2011 02:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackThunderGTSend a Private Message to BlackThunderGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Sofa King:

Not sure I quite understood what you wrote... so are you moving away from the Fiero all together?

This might clear it up

Originally posted by katatak:
which ever one does not sell will be the one I keep as a driver.

Originally posted by katatak:
I'll still have the Formula - just need to raise funds to build my next dream machine - I have always wanted a Cobra. I've come to realize that crawling around on the garage floor is getting harder and harder to do. I figure I need to get after it now before I get to the point where I can't. I am actually leaning toward the Factory 5 Daytona Coupe. I'll never be ble to afford a "real" one at 10 million bucks so why not build my own?
Pat

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/056919.html

katatak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2011 10:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The XTC has sold to a new owner. Not sure if they are a PFF member? Hopefully, the new owner will continue to add updates as the car goes forward. Congrats to the new owner. I will update when the car ships.

Thanks to everyone that has helped, commented and watched this thread.

Pat

Update:

Just talked to the new owner - car is going to Colorado next weekend!

[This message has been edited by katatak (edited 07-24-2011).]

katatak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2011 11:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
XTC was deliverd to the new owner - he is driving from El Paso to Denver tonight!
Amida

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2011 01:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice color...good job.
PFF
System Bot
katatak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2011 02:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Amida:

Nice color...good job.

Thanks!
katatak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2011 02:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

katatak

7136 posts
Member since Apr 2008
Just talked to the new owner - he made it all the way home early this morning. He reports that the car ran great - used no oil and he averaged 24mpg! Very happy he made it with no issues. I have sent him links to PFF and the Colorado Fiero Club. We should be hearing from him shortly.

Pat

Rick 88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2011 03:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick 88Send a Private Message to Rick 88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bye Bye XTC.........
Marine1981

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2011 11:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Marine1981Click Here to visit Marine1981's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marine1981Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
katatak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2011 11:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Marine1981:

Looks to be for sale again.....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymot...&hash=item27bf282c7b

Yep - Wonder what the reserve is??????? I've missed this car since it left!
Marine1981

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2011 11:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Marine1981Click Here to visit Marine1981's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marine1981Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Will he take his money back on it???
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 12 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock