Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  SPY PICS!....first secrets of the GTR exposed! (Page 9)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 18 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
SPY PICS!....first secrets of the GTR exposed! by Fie Ro
Started on: 07-21-2003 07:25 AM
Replies: 717 (103731 views)
Last post by: Patrick on 03-31-2016 03:07 AM
FieroRumor

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 348
Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2005 12:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very cool work so far! I like the body mods, and those new decklid vents!

There's just one little spot that doesn't look right, imo:

IP: Logged
Kohburn

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 188
Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2005 12:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KohburnSend a Private Message to KohburnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
without the side molding the bodywork doesn't flow into the rear bumper

it could be tweeked some but i think that line needs to stay

FieroRumor

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 348
Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2005 03:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
OIC!
Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2005 04:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The scoop flows ok with the rearbumper this way but some other parts need some tweaking here and there so I am thinking what can be done at this stage and what is better to leave alone...

So most of the work goes into 'project Interior' and 'project Engine' now

------------------

1987 Fiero concept GTR in progress... 1-body buildup 2-interior buildup 3-engine buildup

1969 Chevy Suburban

maxsideburn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2005 07:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maxsideburnClick Here to visit maxsideburn's HomePageSend a Private Message to maxsideburnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
holy crap that shift console looks awesome! total kudos on that, that must have taken some time to get it to look so professional.
tigershark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2005 06:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tigersharkSend a Private Message to tigersharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That interior is going to look so good. I am looking foward to pictures of it.

------------------
87 coupe sunset orange 5 speed Tenzo RS5

Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2005 04:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
here is the result of the last body change; I modified the windsplitter, added some pieces and smoothed it.

also the little cutout at the lower edge in the middle section is the same style as on the reardiffuser (to keep it in style )

basically the fiero is ready to go to the painter,...although there are always several little issues to correct... but its about time to hand it over, get the body done so I can move on......I just noticed I started this thread almost 2 years ago... get a life !
fierofetish

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 277
User Banned

Report this Post07-13-2005 07:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofetishSend a Private Message to fierofetishEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yep!! Get a life!! Come and see us for a few days!!
Nick and Ellie

------------------
fierofetish.PFF'S self-confessed Snowbird!!

Responsibilty: the solution for our World's Dilemmas..

t76racer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2005 10:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for t76racerSend a Private Message to t76racerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think 2 years is worth the wait. I know long term projects can get alittle discouraging, but that is the baddest fiero body I have seen. You do excellent work. When are you going to get these on the market?
Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2005 06:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nick: thanks and I recall your earlier invitation but its just too bloody hot in Spain nowadays ..but theres no excuse not to meet 'sometime'..

Originally posted by t76racer:
I think 2 years is worth the wait. I know long term projects can get alittle discouraging, but that is the baddest fiero body I have seen. You do excellent work. When are you going to get these on the market?

I think the actual work started at least 3 years ago....also learning to fiberglass, and repairing mistakes, took time. I like to learn doing stuff Ive never done before but it takes time....so there are more ideas than results for the body right now but I will stick to how it looks today:

I look at it a bit like this; with gunmetal grey...uh..'primer'
Kohburn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2005 10:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KohburnSend a Private Message to KohburnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
so how much $ to get a copy of that nose? (oh yeah and bump)

PFF
System Bot
bryson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2005 10:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for brysonSend a Private Message to brysonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow...in my opinion, that is probably the best looking Fiero I have seen to date. Excellent work!
revin

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 234
Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2005 11:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
hummmMMMm
looking like me now?? lol

------------------

88 GT, 3800SC, Getrag 5sp. Custom

Zreon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2005 02:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ZreonSend a Private Message to ZreonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That looks absolutly amazing. Keep up the great work. It will definitly be on my top 5 list once it is painted and finished.

-David

Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2005 05:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Kohburn:
so how much $ to get a copy of that nose? (oh yeah and bump)

You keep trying eh? Thanks but "time" is still the most limiting factor...so no copy anywhere soon..please dont wait for it.

Originally posted by revin:
hummmMMMm
looking like me now?? lol

Yeah appearantly it starts to look a bit like you ....but I dont have your silly flames lol.. Although I have to admit I stole your engineswap idea too ...now deciding how I will paint the cleaned supercharger, it needs some coating anyway because it starts oxidating again

..since the gunmetal/aluminium/(and a little CF) combo is getting the main color-material theme on the whole fiero I will try to get them matched since several projects are overlapping now anyway....So basically the painting tryouts on smaller interior and engine parts will help to choose the right shade of gunmetal color for the body.....Of course this is some b*llsh*t reason why it takes sooo long...but a primered body allowes minor washing, no scare for scratches because you can fix them easily, no waxing, hmmm might keep it this way
CaliforniaSpeeder9

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2005 08:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CaliforniaSpeeder9Click Here to visit CaliforniaSpeeder9's HomePageSend a Private Message to CaliforniaSpeeder9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is the best looking fiero thats not a chop-top that ive ever seen. Stunning! I cant wait to see it finished, love that front end.

------------------
My 1986 GT

Kohburn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2005 10:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KohburnSend a Private Message to KohburnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fie Ro:
You keep trying eh? Thanks but "time" is still the most limiting factor...so no copy anywhere soon..please dont wait for it.

you are gonna make me fly over there and steal it aren't ya ;D

I did find a fiberglass civic bumper on ebay and though about duplicating your work

[This message has been edited by Kohburn (edited 08-05-2005).]

Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2005 08:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

you are gonna make me fly over there and steal it aren't ya ;D
I did find a fiberglass civic bumper on ebay and though about duplicating your work

Youre welcome ! I know now there are several things I should have done differently (like some theft lock lol)...but then it never gets finished!..so if you seriously start with it I have some tips that should make it better matching to the rest of the body etc...I learned a lot trying to fiberglass and molding but time goes faster than getting ideas done...
Kohburn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2005 10:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KohburnSend a Private Message to KohburnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Youre welcome ! I know now there are several things I should have done differently (like some theft lock lol)...but then it never gets finished!..so if you seriously start with it I have some tips that should make it better matching to the rest of the body etc...I learned a lot trying to fiberglass and molding but time goes faster than getting ideas done...

awesome - If i do it i'd love any tips you can offer -

goatnipples2002

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 112
Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2005 04:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for goatnipples2002Click Here to visit goatnipples2002's HomePageSend a Private Message to goatnipples2002Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This car is so sick on so many levels. I like it the most because I don't like clones.....you want a ferrari buy one.....this is something special.....it's a 1 of custom. Your originality and creativity show through on this awesome body work. SICK JOB.
Project SRTFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2005 11:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Project SRTFieroSend a Private Message to Project SRTFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
excellent work man that is sick, I love it. I want to start learning how to fiberglass stuff, so i can start doing stuff for my car, i love what you did though nice job man, best looking fiero i`ve seen, very original, i love original things especially cars.
PFF
System Bot
Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2005 06:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok heres the latest update... tomorrow I will finally hand over the fiero to the painter !! I still see a lot of stuff to do but they do many showcars so I just hope they finish it right...I didnt do much last weeks except for some pre-fitting of the the mesh for some vents. This is already the 3rd mesh variation on the fronthood vent (which is the second:variation on the second hoodvent...)

same change on the rear, still need to fab some frame for it

The plan tomorrow is to bring the fiero overthere and take off most body panels (except roof and rearclip) , organise the bolts nuts and fasteners that come off and hand it over....wish me luck
bryson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2005 05:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for brysonSend a Private Message to brysonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Can't wait to see this thing!! Best of luck to you!

------------------
88 Fiero GT Quad4 Turbo =) 396 whp!

Kohburn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2005 09:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KohburnSend a Private Message to KohburnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PICS!!!!!
matchmade

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2005 09:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for matchmadeSend a Private Message to matchmadeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've been watching this thread since the beginning and I can't wait to see the car painted. Your interior and body mods are truly inspiring. Seeing the marvelous things you've done with your car is the primary reason I want to learn how to fiberglass...heh. I bet you're looking forward to being done even more than we're looking forward to seeing it done!

------------------

First Fiero: White 1984 Fiero SE - I miss you old friend
Current Fiero: Silver 1986 Fiero 2M4 (Daily Driver)

Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2005 10:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Beautiful weather this morning so after 2 and a half houres I stripped almost everything from the frame (except for the doorskins because I couldnt reach to drill out the rivets under the door). The roof and rearclip will stay on the car. Also took off the lights, mirrors, sunroofseal, mesh and strips, licenseplates etc. I have done this several times before, now I hope it is the last time!

PICS!!!!!
I agree!

I am still a bit nervous because theres lots of little sh*t to take care of....anyway here is where it will happen:

This guys name is kinda like a dutch version of Merlin the Magician....I hope he lives up to his name!

------------------

1987GT getting 'concept GTR' treatment...1-body buildup 2-interior buildup 3-engine buildup

Kohburn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2005 01:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KohburnSend a Private Message to KohburnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
wait - you already have a mold of the bumpers right? cuz I know you won't want to make a mold of painted parts..

still the best looking bumpers i've seen on a fiero and I still have dibs

yellowstone

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 250
Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2005 05:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi, I'm getting ready to have the hood and the Stage 2 scoops painted. Already painted the underside of the hood flat black yesterday. I'm off work for 3 months now (changing jobs), I need to come over to look at your car sometime soon!

Let me know how the painter works for you and how the price is - I might bring the stuff over there if he's really good!

Kolja

Beautiful weather this morning so after 2 and a half houres I stripped almost everything from the frame (except for the doorskins because I couldnt reach to drill out the rivets under the door). The roof and rearclip will stay on the car. Also took off the lights, mirrors, sunroofseal, mesh and strips, licenseplates etc. I have done this several times before, now I hope it is the last time!

MinnGreenGT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2005 05:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am really excited to see this car (and I'm hoping you've got some molds too... at least for that sweet rear bumper ).
Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2005 05:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Kolja, right now I am more concerned about the finishing of the parts I made than getting them to be painted right! They do a lot of bodywork, merging fiberglass stuff with euro/japanese showcars but also 'house of color' flipflop paintwork at a friendly price. I dont want the flipflop paint but I like the fact theyre doing showcars and pay some attention to the job. Come and look and decide when its finished, youre welcome to stay at my place.
The plan is to bake all the parts so all the sh*t and airbubbles come out (aaarghhh!), then a fresh base primer and sanding, then choosen metallic paint, sanding and the second layer of the paint, and finally the "better" clearcoat whatever it means All this is out of my hands, I just hope they do a good job.
Kohburn: I didnt wanted to wax and mold the bumper before paint! I would like to help you out but its better to finish this first, please dont hunt me
yellowstone

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 250
Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2005 07:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm holding my thumbs for your car to come out as great as it deserves. Let me know when I can come over. I'm in France next week but could come the week after that...

Kolja, right now I am more concerned about the finishing of the parts I made than getting them to be painted right! They do a lot of bodywork, merging fiberglass stuff with euro/japanese showcars but also 'house of color' flipflop paintwork at a friendly price. I dont want the flipflop paint but I like the fact theyre doing showcars and pay some attention to the job. Come and look and decide when its finished, youre welcome to stay at my place.
The plan is to bake all the parts so all the sh*t and airbubbles come out (aaarghhh!), then a fresh base primer and sanding, then choosen metallic paint, sanding and the second layer of the paint, and finally the "better" clearcoat whatever it means All this is out of my hands, I just hope they do a good job.
Kohburn: I didnt wanted to wax and mold the bumper before paint! I would like to help you out but its better to finish this first, please dont hunt me

PFF
System Bot
dobey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post10-16-2005 12:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What did the nose piece that you used as a base originally come from?

Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2005 01:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Honda Accord or Civic, the lights are clear aftermarket for a Prelude. Cant recall the exact years but the info must be somewhere in this thread..!

Kolja (Yellowstone) I think it will take a week from now, and give me another week to put most of the stuff back on the car...I'll keep you updated.
Heres an earlier testfit of the Fierowarehouse quarterwindow:

It has the dot matrix print and in all I think it looks a littlebit better than than the Fierostore's (=Kahines):

Both fit nice but the stocklike matrix of Doug's windows is really a pre...and fastback owners always check each others quarterwindows
I took the mirrors apart to have the housings chromed because after polishing and clearcoat they still could look better. I also need to change the outer dew wipes which I actually started on one side but then I got the call
The decklid vents also need to be finished and I am organising my collection of bolts, nuts and other fasteners...because I used a minimum amount of fasteners while swapping parts all the time, for the final assembly I need some more
So theres still a lot of work to do while the fiero is not here.

[This message has been edited by Fie Ro (edited 10-16-2005).]

magot

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2005 03:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for magotSend a Private Message to magotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cant wait to see it painted
NY_FIERO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2005 10:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NY_FIEROClick Here to visit NY_FIERO's HomePageSend a Private Message to NY_FIEROEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What a tasteful concept of a /.... refined fiero...
I'm really impressed and excited to see your end result.
After the time you've invested you deserve a big thumbs up.
NorthFloridaFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2005 10:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NorthFloridaFieroSend a Private Message to NorthFloridaFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Be sure to clean out the blower inside. The one i got for a spare was nasty black and i took some carb cleaner and it came out really nice and un carboned
I got pics of the before and after if anyone is interested
Kohburn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2005 09:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KohburnSend a Private Message to KohburnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

haha - I'm so jealous

hmm don't you have the original mold you made that one from?

Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2005 02:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by NorthFloridaFiero:
Be sure to clean out the blower inside. The one i got for a spare was nasty black and i took some carb cleaner and it came out really nice and un carboned
I got pics of the before and after if anyone is interested

Got mine completely disassembled and hottanked, its pretty clean now Maybe too much cleaning; the rotors are pretty shiny , I guess the teflon coating is gone....would that matter much? .....

Already prepared for an intercooler...:

And heres a mockup of some cleaned and painted parts:

But it will take a lot more work and parts to get it to run....winterproject
First I need to get the body done!

NorthFloridaFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2005 09:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NorthFloridaFieroSend a Private Message to NorthFloridaFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You painted that m90 right? Or did you polish it?

http://www.zzperformance.com/products1.php?id=155
^I'd recommend that. Its the last one you will ever neeed. On my friends gtp it was makin all sorta of rattling noises from the snout. One last thing to fix down the road, and I'm sure you don't want to smell that rank supercharger oil twice.

Before http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/202/p1010080copy3yh.jpg
After http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/7701/p1010081copy6ll.jpg

[This message has been edited by NorthFloridaFiero (edited 10-19-2005).]

Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2005 09:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes the m90 is painted. The coupler was the first reason to take it apart, it had about 60Kmiles but its already worn....Its already on the long shoppinglist for ZZP....

see you added the pics, turned out pretty clean!

[This message has been edited by Fie Ro (edited 10-19-2005).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 18 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock