Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  SPY PICS!....first secrets of the GTR exposed! (Page 7)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 18 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
SPY PICS!....first secrets of the GTR exposed! by Fie Ro
Started on: 07-21-2003 07:25 AM
Replies: 717 (103731 views)
Last post by: Patrick on 03-31-2016 03:07 AM
Fie Ro

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2004 11:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Kohburn:

FieRo - do you have any friendst with notchies? i want to see how that nose would look on a nice notchback

I have no friends! It is not exactly a bold-on on the inside (apart from the outside where it lines up with all panels, mounting points and moldings), You need to remove (unbolting) the boxy iron bumper support and when you use the prelude lights you need to cut a notch in the front framemember for clearance. You could still go back to stock but this nose is so short it needs some parts (and weight!) removed to install. I'm afraid a notchie mockup wont happen soon....Try photoshop

IP: Logged
Kohburn

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 188
Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2004 12:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KohburnSend a Private Message to KohburnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
maybe i need a photochop then.. do you have a real good side shot that i can get someone to notchify?
Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2004 01:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Snapped these for you before it gets dark here

NotAFieroAnyLonger

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 255
Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2004 06:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NotAFieroAnyLongerSend a Private Message to NotAFieroAnyLongerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Coming along GREAT!! When are you gonna chop it..??

------------------

Custom-Shaved HandBuilt!!
FIRST-EVER-- CHOPTOP--WIDEBODY GT!!
4.9L-V8--5-Speed starting swap soon

pred1tor83

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2004 10:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pred1tor83Send a Private Message to pred1tor83Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
sorry not my cup of tea, i like the stock areo one... it looks tooo much like a mr2
Key Of David

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2004 10:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Key Of DavidSend a Private Message to Key Of DavidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think it looks great so far...keep up the good work. I really like the nose esp.
Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2004 01:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by NotAFieroAnyLonger:

Coming along GREAT!! When are you gonna chop it..??

Uh...never. It already fits in the garage!
For all the work (that I will have to do myself, and I cant weld) I rather spend it on the interior and an engineswap. When it is complete and painted everything will make sense (I hope!).... I bet you say the same!

Kohburn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2004 02:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KohburnSend a Private Message to KohburnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fie Ro:

that one is great, but think you could get one of the whole car in it?

i am trying to imagine this nose on a notchy witht he sloped tail lamps..

Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2004 02:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pred1tor83:

sorry not my cup of tea, i like the stock areo one... it looks tooo much like a mr2

Hmm you're right about the nose

I guess it looks a bit like these too:

Oh well, I am glad it doesnt look like a wannabe ferrari nose

Kohburn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2004 02:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KohburnSend a Private Message to KohburnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

man i should make one like that for the fiero that lines up with the hood contours..

good idea

Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2004 02:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Kohburn:
that one is great, but think you could get one of the whole car in it?

LOL. It doesnt fit in that picture. I'll drive it a few meters forward so I can take a pic of the rear and combine it with the front picture in photoshop. hehe
I'll try to snap one tomorrow
PFF
System Bot
pred1tor83

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2004 03:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pred1tor83Send a Private Message to pred1tor83Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
dont get me wrong, im not saying its bad or anything, i just dont prefer for the nose.... but your work is outstanding
Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2004 03:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

dont get me wrong, im not saying its bad or anything, i just dont prefer for the nose.... but your work is outstanding

No offence here, sorry I am just a bit sensitive when people compare it to existing designs when I try to stay away from those It know it could look better if I would start all over again but with some small corrections I think this one will look ok with the rest of the package...

Kohburn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2004 04:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KohburnSend a Private Message to KohburnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

No offence here, sorry I am just a bit sensitive when people compare it to existing designs when I try to stay away from those It know it could look better if I would start all over again but with some small corrections I think this one will look ok with the rest of the package...

if you start over mail me your current design

Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2004 01:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Some news on the triangle piece mockups:
Fiberglass resin would not eat the foam but appearantly my straight applied bondo did. Did some repairs but I decided to do it all over and change the design. Now it will be a one-piece cap that fits over the original triangle piece. No more cutting/fabbing/filling/sanding to mount it.
shaping the mockup back support:

cut two new pieces of foam

during shaping and testfitting:

more progress pics later...
pred1tor83

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2004 02:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pred1tor83Send a Private Message to pred1tor83Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
you are going to mold that into the door right???? i think it would be a lot cleaner if you molded it all around... i take it thats the plan
Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2004 03:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

you are going to mold that into the door right???? i think it would be a lot cleaner if you molded it all around... i take it thats the plan

It fits over the triangle so it stays on the body. Molding and smoothing would be nice but I really drive the car and I want every part to be easily removable if damage occurs.

pred1tor83

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2004 03:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pred1tor83Send a Private Message to pred1tor83Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i c, i dont drive my fiero except when i want attention.... so if it gets hit, well i take it outa whoevers asss hit me
DanielKJenkins

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2004 03:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanielKJenkinsSend a Private Message to DanielKJenkinsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hmm you're right about the nose

I was thinking BMW M1

http://www.lambocars.com/framed/highres/bmwm1.htm

I love the look of your car BTW.

[This message has been edited by DanielKJenkins (edited 10-15-2004).]

yellowstone

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 250
Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2004 07:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You watch out, boy :-)

------------------

www.yellowfiero.com/fiero.html
17" DEZENT T wheels with 215/40 tires front and 235/45 rear, KONI shocks, EIBACH lowering springs, PU dog bone, bushings and engine mounts, K&N air and oil filters, OZELOT exhaust, Mercedes SLK yellow, Mr. Mikes seats, door skins, shift and e-brake boots. MP3 player and custom subwoofer behind passenger seat, F355 style front. Fiero Store rear swaybar, strut tower brace, black carpet. Rodney Dickman's competition short shifter. Billet aluminum dash kit from Kitcarman.

Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2004 09:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by yellowstone:

You watch out, boy :-)

LOL, yours is the exception to the looooong nose bad ones, I shut up

Kohburn: finally got a pic with the whole fiero

rearbumper bonus

May be rice to some but the Fiero IS an import overhere and the Volkswagen GTI guys havent got a clue what it is!

PFF
System Bot
Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2004 06:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
rearlights at night, some fuzzy pics...

In the meantime it looks I am getting closer to a new winter project
Collecting parts, measuring, 3D tryouts...hmmm..this is next on the list

never finished!

ShueGlue737

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2004 08:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ShueGlue737Send a Private Message to ShueGlue737Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
this is some of the nicest custom work ive seen to a fiero. im very impressed, i wish i was as creative

justin

did i mention i want that front bumper?

pred1tor83

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2004 10:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pred1tor83Send a Private Message to pred1tor83Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

rearlights at night, some fuzzy pics...

In the meantime it looks I am getting closer to a new winter project
Collecting parts, measuring, 3D tryouts...hmmm..this is next on the list

never finished!

Did i miss somthing.... is that a model or your actual interior??????????????? MORE PICS
Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2004 12:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Did i miss somthing.... is that a model or your actual interior??????????????? MORE PICS

It is a 3D model! Heres the thread about the tryouts: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/041371.html
Right now I am figuring out how to build it. I try to keep most of the stock mounting locations of the accessories. Likely the main dash section can even stay in place.

doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2004 01:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just wanted to post this photoshop that I did in another thread for Kohburn... Fie Ro look! Its your new notchback model :P

This images is larger than 100K. Click to view.

Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2004 01:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
CC4: Wow! That really looks good! Now I better swap the rearclip for a notchie clip
...Imagine some Bubbajoexx style camaro rearhatch on the yellow one...
Kohburn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2004 01:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KohburnSend a Private Message to KohburnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

CC4: Wow! That really looks good! Now I better swap the rearclip for a notchie clip
...Imagine some Bubbajoexx style camaro rearhatch on the yellow one...

no rear window.. but man oh man i told you i want one of your bumpers.. now hurry up and make me one - heck cut it into 3 peices that i can splice back together if you have to but get me one!!!!

doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2004 10:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That looks awesome, good idea!
Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2004 12:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Time to trim and testfit the grill and an aluminium strip for the hoodvent:

They will be permanently mounted after painting...right now they will end up in a box with some other "after painting" goodies
Dough19

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2004 01:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dough19Send a Private Message to Dough19Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't know if I would like the aluminum strip on there, but the grill looks awesome. I also like the way you made the vent in general, it looks a little different from all of the other typical vents similar to yours. I can't waint to see this car finished. Mark
PFF
System Bot
TaurusThug

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2004 08:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TaurusThugSend a Private Message to TaurusThugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
so hows it coming??? be a little while... hope everything is going ok...
evil

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2004 09:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for evilSend a Private Message to evilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
this is one of the best looking cars i have ever seen! wish i new how to do that kind of stuff.
NotAFieroAnyLonger

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 255
Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2004 11:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NotAFieroAnyLongerSend a Private Message to NotAFieroAnyLongerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by evil:

this is one of the best looking cars i have ever seen! wish i new how to do that kind of stuff.

I wish I knew how too...

I love what you are doing!!

------------------

Custom-Shaved HandBuilt!!
FIRST-EVER-- CHOPTOP--WIDEBODY GT!!
4.9L-V8--5-Speed starting swap soon

Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2004 05:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I couldn't resist to start on the interior already...
Heres the interior buildup-up thread:
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/046970.html#lastpost

------------------

1987 Fiero concept GTR in progress...
1969 Chevy Suburban

Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-27-2004 02:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, most of the work goes to the interior right now but I am also looking at small corrections of the body everytime I see my fiero...!
This is my modded meecham style sidevent....too square right now IMO!:

Did some photoshopping and I think I will cut away some material to get something like this:

This looks like getting closer to the designs made by Ausfiero/Dietmar/Madcurl....so that must be right
I already planned some mesh in there but a CF insert could look cool there too!

Am I going to do something like this for real....hmmm I just drawed some lines on one of the scoops and looked at it from different angles....yeah...I am already convinced it will look good!!
Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-27-2004 06:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Fie Ro

3735 posts
Member since Sep 2001
Took the pencil to the other side when I parked the fiero in the garage tonight...hmm...! I will drive with this next days untill I decide to make the final cut!

Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-27-2004 09:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Fie Ro

3735 posts
Member since Sep 2001
Photoshopped a vent on the pic I took earlier tonight....

and a random pic for the diary...
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2004 12:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
IMO, I like this one

Why? More aggressive looking. If the opening it viewed as "too small" people might question it's functonallity? You can always stick a oil cooler in there, right?

Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2004 01:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah thats right, and it fits better to the style of the rest of the car too! Never finished
I just need a day off from work to get it done.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 18 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock