Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  SPY PICS!....first secrets of the GTR exposed! (Page 5)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 18 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
SPY PICS!....first secrets of the GTR exposed! by Fie Ro
Started on: 07-21-2003 07:25 AM
Replies: 717 (103684 views)
Last post by: Patrick on 03-31-2016 03:07 AM
Fie Ro

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2004 02:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:
I"m glad we agree. I too have a hard time not "over-doing it." That might be why I'm doing (2) projects in hopes that what ever ideas that spring-up in my head won't be all on (1) car. But most of my ideas are not original, just copied from various people here or on olders cars of the past

I look a lot at other cars and some tuning magazines etc. searching for something that could look right on a fiero. there's a lot of wicked stuff already out there....however when you start working on it, it will become something new.

One of the best comments that I usually get is "its a Fiero."

That's the difference! I want people to be curious about what it is, let them guess That's why I tried to mix different "exotic" styles together with the fiero. I could easily have put a 355 nose and tail on but that isn't challenging for me Lot of fiero's around here already have them. The only decal mine will get is some kind of custom logo on the nose.....I will make it unreadable

But I must say I have got a lot of respect for the original body....one day I might get myself a stock GT again......and
-lower it a bit
-new wheels
-oh well here we go

What color you plan on painting it?

edit: gunmetal grey metallic. If it works like I planned.... I saw Black-azz 's pictures and it is close to what I want

[This message has been edited by Fie Ro (edited 04-19-2004).]

IP: Logged
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2004 12:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah let the people keep on guessing.....they'll get it right. And my next project I'm leaving out the Pontiac in the back. So they will really have to guess then.
Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2004 11:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was fed up with sanding today so I decided to testfit the new rearbumper. It still needs sanding but I wanted to check whether it fits right...

Swapping bodypanels is like second nature nowadays...This took less than 10 minutes including swapping 4 new red lights in the altezza's

I had to trim a bit of the mounting area of the new bumper and I drilled the holes for the screws and sidemarkers...but it does fit!

It goes well with the rest of the car, it is way better than my first version. The tailpipes will be adjusted to fit perfectly "in" the bumper. They are clamped on now so I can correct them in any direction, when they fit right I will have the exhaust welded and remove the clamps.....

I might have to take the bumper off for a few days for finishing but it is the last major mod. At the outside

Now it only needs sanding and prepping for paint, cutting the mesh, polishing and clearcoating the mirrors, getting and mounting new dew wipes, getting some custom aluminium trim done, getting a custom logo and badge done, making removable sailpanels (!) and some other work that will pop up.....

nothing major..........duh

------------------

1987 Pontiac Fiero GTR in Progress
1969 Chevy Suburban

[This message has been edited by Fie Ro (edited 05-02-2004).]

sennyGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2004 11:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sennyGTSend a Private Message to sennyGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Deffinately love the bumper. What colour are going with?
-Greg
KingOfKings

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2004 04:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KingOfKingsClick Here to visit KingOfKings's HomePageSend a Private Message to KingOfKingsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I can't believe how much work and effort you put in. Props, and I do think you should make molds to sell

------------------
*~ Out In The West Coast Shownin' Off My Bad Habits ~*

Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2004 05:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sennyGT:
What colour are going with?
-Greg

Gunmetal grey metallic...

Originally posted by KingOfKings:
I can't believe how much work and effort you put in.

thanks, there's indeed soo much work/time involved...my friends already think I don't like them anymore...! But I guess they would like to cruise when it is painted.
I am already drawing some new dash ideas to have some fun while finishing the body....I guess I'm addicted...

GTFiero1

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2004 06:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTFiero1Send a Private Message to GTFiero1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I really like your rear bumper. You should reproduce that but made slightly differently so people dont have to bond them together, similarly to what fierowarehouse did with there front air damn, it just slides over the stock "ground effect" piece covering it up but blending perfectly making it look almost stock.

------------------

Carbed 2.9 engine build in progress. forged pistons, crane cam, fully balanced, ARP bolts, double roller timing chain and more
--Adam--
IM AOL: FieroGT5speed

85fierowiks

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2004 09:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85fierowiksSend a Private Message to 85fierowiksEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
you should make and sell mold for that rear bumper chin spoiler....i'd buy one

------------------
-Josh
AIM: swingline1021

SandstormGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2004 03:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SandstormGTSend a Private Message to SandstormGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Anything new yet "Fie Ro"? Free Bump! Keep up the good work!

Also, if anyone knows of the thread where "Fie Ro" designed his center consol sub box, please PM me, thanks!

Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2004 02:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I havent had a lot of sparetime lately but most of it is spend now on sanding the car and prepping it for paint. Hopefully I get some more time next weeks.... About the subbox: there are a few pictures here:

http://members.lycos.nl/fierofiero/html/interior2.html

The site is seriously outdated but I am going to build a new site with the new info.......
Thanks for your interest

Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2004 01:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just noticed I started this thread already 11 months ago....oh well!
I only hope it's gotten better over time
Got busy sanding and prepping the body for paint...(at this stage it was "urban camouflage")

shaving the antenna:

Many "little issues" are popping up:

This needs some fiberglassing.

This rocker molding was bent outside. Tried to fix it with a rivet but it pulled out.... I ended up using a screw with nut and modified washer. These things take a lot of your time.

PFF
System Bot
Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2004 02:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Fie Ro

3735 posts
Member since Sep 2001
Rearbumper slowly getting its final shape:

There could be hundreds of houres of sanding in this project already!Removable GT sailpanels and smoothed rockers:

matching/filling/sanding

sanding down to base fiberglass again, last chance to get shapes right...
ducattiman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2004 03:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ducattimanSend a Private Message to ducattimanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
what can i say but wow,,,dam ur doing a gr8 job,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, oh by the way when u get that sweet ride done i have another sweet ride u can help me out with,,,lol
Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2004 03:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
hey Ducattiman, thanks! I havent forgotten your project F40 style hatch+BMW V12 will get you a dual decklid, upper hatch will be F40 style "seethrough" in the middle, and 6 stacked vents on both sides (=12!).
Modified stock decklid will have the curves leading to the hatch and a 12LED brakelight on the rear edge of the decklid. I jkust have to scan the drawings sometime soon....I hope I teased a bit
ducattiman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2004 04:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ducattimanSend a Private Message to ducattimanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
oh by the way,,this weekend i am picking up a beater fiero for another project..i have been researching this lambo kit,,,but i really think some custom mods r in need..interested in helping out?
Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2004 04:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would really like to contribute ideas to a new project!....but you better get into fiberglassing too because I have lots of work to do on my fiero.

What model r U gettin?...what kind of style r u lookin for?

cenneth

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2004 04:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cennethClick Here to visit cenneth's HomePageSend a Private Message to cennethEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What a job! You must have a very nice wife or be very lonely ;-)

------------------

http://www.fieroforum.tk

DJWINNI

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2004 01:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DJWINNISend a Private Message to DJWINNIEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi Fie Ro!!

you really did a great great job on your car
when will it be painted?

Greetings from france to Pays Bas

------------------
Christophe from FRANCE **1986 PONTIAC FIERO - V6/2,8L**

[This message has been edited by DJWINNI (edited 06-30-2004).]

Jordangel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2004 04:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JordangelSend a Private Message to JordangelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Woah man nice job!! I really the bumpers, look very clean!!!
I'm currently designing my own body (complete with new curve and door cut)..wider too
I'd like some tips 'bout molding and fiberglassing if you get 2 or 3 mins

Just PM me if interested in my upcoming project. :P

Bravo encore! Oops..You may not speak french lol

Coop9200

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2004 04:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Coop9200Click Here to visit Coop9200's HomePageSend a Private Message to Coop9200Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
what car was that nose from?

-Coop

BV MotorSports

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 189
Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2004 07:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks like a Nissan Skyline GT-R nose R34 to be exact.
PFF
System Bot
Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2004 11:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cenneth:
What a job! You must have a very nice wife or be very lonely ;-)

Hehe I am very lonely! When the fiero is ready I might have a better chance to pick up a nice wife!

Originally posted by Coop9200:
what car was that nose from?
-Coop

2004 Fiero GTR.

LZeitgeist

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 126
Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2004 11:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LZeitgeistSend a Private Message to LZeitgeistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow... just read through this thread for the first time since I posted earlier about the NACA ducts...

Good grief! That's turning out AWESOME!!

------------------
Patrick W. Heinske -- LZeitgeist@aol.com
1988 Red Fiero Formula Convertible

Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2004 02:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
some update pics:
I did some more smoothing of the sidevents into the rockers:

Put on the polished mirror on the passenger side:

I bought a set of M3 style mirrors but they would be too difficult to mount so I started polishing the originals I need to redo the driverside one and give it a clearcoat because they corrode if you dont that.

Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2004 03:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Fie Ro

3735 posts
Member since Sep 2001
I wanted to try out the mesh/strip-calk combination. Cut the mesh shape and tapped the edge around the vent, took them off and put them back with a line of the sticky stuff. Works great.

It is starting to get the looks!

However I damaged my windsplitter yesterday:
//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/043550.html
..but it is repairable.

ato4life

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2004 06:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ato4lifeSend a Private Message to ato4lifeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
looks sweet. cant wait to see it all painted. that mess looks great.

------------------
ATO 4 LIFE

scarletmacaw9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2004 06:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for scarletmacaw9Send a Private Message to scarletmacaw9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
with V8 ? or V12 you're not driving anymore you are flying low
Coinage

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2004 06:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoinageClick Here to visit Coinage's HomePageSend a Private Message to CoinageEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
when i first saw that front bumper you made...i was so so about it but it keeps growing on me and it is looking GREAT!

keep up the great work!

Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2004 06:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Can you make this for me?
anatodigit

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2004 04:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for anatodigitClick Here to visit anatodigit's HomePageSend a Private Message to anatodigitEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
the car looks great !! ...the method i use for attaching those grills is ....fiberglass a paperclip into the bumper with one end sticking out ...the you can just put the mesh grills on and fold the paperclip over ...it will hold it really well and if you need to remove the mesh for painting or whatever you just flip the paperclips up and slide it off ...

------------------
Jamie Lewis

Maetrix66

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2004 05:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Maetrix66Click Here to visit Maetrix66's HomePageSend a Private Message to Maetrix66Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Qoute from Fie.Ro

getting a custom logo and badge done,...

I am designing one-off custom badges and logos as we speak. PM me,
and lets see what we can come up with.

If the entire body is one of a kind, then the badges should be too.

PFF
System Bot
mrfixit58

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 113
Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2004 05:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfixit58Send a Private Message to mrfixit58Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by anatodigit:

the car looks great !! ...the method i use for attaching those grills is ....fiberglass a paperclip into the bumper with one end sticking out ...the you can just put the mesh grills on and fold the paperclip over ...it will hold it really well and if you need to remove the mesh for painting or whatever you just flip the paperclips up and slide it off ...

Good idea but I recommend stainless steel wire so it wont rust away.

Roy

Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2004 05:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jake_Dragon:
Can you make this for me?

I would do it for ya if I had lots of unused time ...! In fact I have photoshopped some variations and yours is close to some of those! I also have a version that deletes the midsection and I call it the "bigmouth" version. But me thinks it is too agressive to match the Fiero's "friendly" appearance in this setup... For now I'll stick to the current nose or it will never get finished thanks for the time you put into the photoshopping.

Originally posted by anatodigit:

Originally posted by mrfixit58:
Good idea but I recommend stainless steel wire so it wont rust away.
Roy

I like ideas like that! ...find your own solutions and learn from others, its fun!

I have some update pics to compensate my blabla....:

Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2004 05:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Fie Ro

3735 posts
Member since Sep 2001
Apart from sanding and prepping for paint there are some other (faster) rewarding jobs to do. Like making the headlight doors mechanism look better than this...

I took this pic as a reference for reinstalling the rods. Here the rods are painted gunmetal grey metallic and the brackets painted red.

It is as red as it shows in the picture! This particular red paint is the same paint I used on my calipers and it holds up really great to almost anything so I use it more and more on other chassis parts... Headlight brackets reassembled:

Spyhunter

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 86
Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2004 06:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpyhunterSend a Private Message to SpyhunterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice touches! Lookin' good!
Kohburn

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 188
Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2004 09:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KohburnSend a Private Message to KohburnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fie Ro:

Thanks. Well this is the mockup so there's lot of foam(board) in it, fiberglass, filler, wood and filler...Did I mention filler? I will take a mold from it and then the 1-piece product. Maybe I could make more

ready to make more yet? I'm dieing to see one on a notchy

MinnGreenGT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2004 09:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fie Ro:
I would do it for ya if I had lots of unused time ...! In fact I have photoshopped some variations and yours is close to some of those! I also have a version that deletes the midsection and I call it the "bigmouth" version. But me thinks it is too agressive to match the Fiero's "friendly" appearance in this setup... For now I'll stick to the current nose or it will never get finished thanks for the time you put into the photoshopping.

Any chance you're interested in sharing some of that photoshop work with us?

Kohburn

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 188
Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2004 10:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KohburnSend a Private Message to KohburnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MinnGreenGT:

Any chance you're interested in sharing some of that photoshop work with us?

that'd be nice - but i'd rather he spend his spare time making me a nose

[This message has been edited by Kohburn (edited 07-30-2004).]

blizzue

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2004 02:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blizzueSend a Private Message to blizzueEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Declared, most anticipated project of the year. Including next year.

Looks freaking awesome.

TaurusThug

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2004 05:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TaurusThugSend a Private Message to TaurusThugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
updates!!! where are updates!!!

------------------
'86 Fiero GT

www.KylesFiero.tk www.XoticRydz.tk

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 18 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock