Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  SPY PICS!....first secrets of the GTR exposed! (Page 4)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 18 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
SPY PICS!....first secrets of the GTR exposed! by Fie Ro
Started on: 07-21-2003 07:25 AM
Replies: 717 (103730 views)
Last post by: Patrick on 03-31-2016 03:07 AM
Fie Ro

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2003 06:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Sootah:

Fie Ro, what scoop did you glass to your decklid? That's the exact one that I am looking for!

It's an early 80's Mustang scoop. It even had two "turbo" badges at the sides when I got it. Maybe I could use those badges somewhere in the future if I go turbo

I mounted a small L-shape piece of aluminium strip to keep water from entering the engine compartment (scoop is functional).

IP: Logged
doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2003 08:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fie Ro,

do you have any pictures of that new front bumper on the car? I've always wondered what a fiero would look like with something that short on the front

------------------
1986 Fiero SE

Smoooooth GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 310
Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2003 11:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Smoooooth GTSend a Private Message to Smoooooth GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fie Ro:
Maybe I could use those badges somewhere in the future if I go turbo

Glass them on your FOREHEAD!!

------------------
PostWhore of PFF!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2003 05:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Maybe I could use those badges somewhere in the future if I go turbo

Originally posted by Smoooooth GT:

Glass them on your FOREHEAD!!

No can do! I already have an "IDIOT" badge up there! I think I put them on my bicycle!

doublec4: As soon as it is on the car I'll take pictures. But I am still busy with the mold(s). It is already freezing at night so it is less fun to go outside and work on it....

Kento

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2003 06:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KentoSend a Private Message to KentoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

today I mounted the inserts/vents and lights and re-aligned some panels, put back the fuelcap and mechanism... The lights are working great now!
This how I mounted them to the Fiero:
I had been long thinking how the H*** I could mount them to the Fiero. Then I found out I could remove those plastic screw thingies on the back (green) and screw back longer pieces (red)
Made 4 holes in the trunk to mount them (still have to cut a little piece. The trunk carpet will cover them so you wont see anything!

thank a lot for those pics and that info. I am thinkging the same thing for my light mod I will be installing next weekend. No I am not using supra lights

I will post pic's when I get finished.

------------------

86 SE Needs every thing but a Motor & Sunroof Seal!!! Now for Sale! $1200.00
http://home.cfl.rr.com/fierose
Web Master
Central Florida Fieros
http://www.centralfloridafieros.com
Will entertain for SIG! Photoshop Challenged. Only you can help stop Text Sig's!

Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2003 04:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
An update to this thread:
A few weeks ago someone hit my fiero in the front:

Quite a setback but it can be saved and finally the front piece of the frame is now realigned

I am hoping to give you some new updates in the future!

------------------

updates on the GTR at PFF: //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/038785.html http://members.lycos.nl/fierofiero/html/fiero.html
1987 Pontiac Fiero GTR in progress
1969 Chevy Suburban

lemonicegt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2003 04:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for lemonicegtSend a Private Message to lemonicegtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
maybe you could help me out with some fiberglass questions....i've started a couple small projects and lost interest lol....one being a customized smooothed rear fender with molded LED taillights for my dads motorcycle...the other was tryin to make sail panels.....do you have aol or a way i could get ahold of you other than PM's or posting?
Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2003 03:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think the best thing is to start a thread with your questions. There are many people who know a lot more about fiberglass. I am still struggling to get products seperated from the molds without doing damage...Grrr.
I'm using "mold release wax" but it doesn't seem to release that easy....
lemonicegt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2003 04:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lemonicegtSend a Private Message to lemonicegtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was told masking tape, duct tape, and even pam cooking spray is a good release agent and my friend does alot of fiberglass work. The reason I was going to ask you is that you seem to have it down pretty well........the release part i can figure out on my own.....its making certain things and what kind of fiberglass you are using is my questions........such as are you using kitty hair glass or matting material?
Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2003 04:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by lemonicegt:

I was told masking tape, duct tape, and even pam cooking spray is a good release agent and my friend does alot of fiberglass work. The reason I was going to ask you is that you seem to have it down pretty well........the release part i can figure out on my own.....its making certain things and what kind of fiberglass you are using is my questions........such as are you using kitty hair glass or matting material?

I use matting. I think I have a roll of 350grams/m2 now. Thats pretty thick stuff but I use about 3 layers of it. Avoid the pink hardener paste and use the liquid MEK harderner. It cures slower and the resin is easier to work with. I also apply a coat of gelcoat before the mats.

TaurusThug

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2004 04:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TaurusThugSend a Private Message to TaurusThugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
BUMP BUMP BUMPITY BUMP

------------------
'86 Fiero GT

www.KylesFiero.tk
www.XoticRydz.tk

PFF
System Bot
performancesolutions

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2004 04:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for performancesolutionsSend a Private Message to performancesolutionsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
nice job. your work is inspiring
Oslo

Feedback score:    (53)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 126
Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2004 09:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OsloClick Here to visit Oslo's HomePageSend a Private Message to OsloEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've thought it many times, and I'll say it now:

Recreate that rear bumper!! It's beautiful with the added on part underneath! I would pick that up in a heartbeat!

------------------

'86 2.8L In Progress...
'86 2.5L turbo put to sleep

Chris_Oslo_Nelson@hotmail.com

Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2004 06:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks all! I am still working on it, let's say I am refining it I start to call it "stage 2"

Originally posted by Oslo:

I've thought it many times, and I'll say it now:

Recreate that rear bumper!! It's beautiful with the added on part underneath! I would pick that up in a heartbeat!

In fact the rearbumper is getting a second treatment It will be better!
Reproducing parts is something I keep in mind for the future so I try to make everything to fit perfectly without (too much) modification.

------------------

1969 Chevy Suburban

TaurusThug

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2004 04:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TaurusThugSend a Private Message to TaurusThugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
BUMP BUMP BUMP

Did progress stop? or just havent felt like updating. its KILLING ME i WANNA SEE IT!!!

------------------
'86 Fiero GT

www.KylesFiero.tk
www.XoticRydz.tk

Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2004 10:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am having some internet-problems lately so I cant post many pictures right now.....I am still working on smaller and bigger mods though. The stage2 rearbumper is getting it's shape and the frontbumper is on on the car now! I have some pics of that one:

with a bit of colorcorrection to get a better impression:

I think I will add a windsplitter under the bumper to match the lines of the car better.....another thing to do.

This nose will add some space in my garage

------------------

1969 Chevy Suburban

85fierowiks

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2004 11:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 85fierowiksSend a Private Message to 85fierowiksEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
really cool man if I could give you another plus I would
YourBasicFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2004 12:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for YourBasicFieroSend a Private Message to YourBasicFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Beautiful.
fieroman87

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2004 12:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroman87Send a Private Message to fieroman87Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
"Gaw-dang, BillyJoe, look at that there stubbly nose!!!"

If you don't mind i'm goung to take PS to it and get that color roght for you (ay least i'll try)

BTW, it's really looking amazing!!! YOU BETTER MAKE MOLDS FOR US!!!!! especially the rear.

------------------
- Why you stuck up, half-witted, scruffy looking, NERF HERDER!!!
- Who's scruffy lookin'?

Arty: a.k.a. FestYboy or Fieroman87
'87 GT 5 spd.
'88 Festiva 5 spd.
Yahoo messanger: AMAbonus
AIM: FestYboy88L

BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2004 01:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! oh yea and OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You seriously amaze me with your innovative skills , no joke!
you are a total inspiration for my custom dash!
+ for YOU!

------------------
-Bobadoo Funk-

http://bobadoofunk.tripod.com/funksfunkyfiero/index.html

fieroman87

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2004 03:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroman87Send a Private Message to fieroman87Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i hope this turns out ok

[This message has been edited by fieroman87 (edited 03-16-2004).]

PFF
System Bot
Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2004 05:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks a lot for the support guys! I really appreciate that.

The ..eh ...."challenging" part everytime:
After I put a new part on the car something else is asking to be corrected!
Now the sideskirts have to be corrected to match the lower front or vice-versa. Or both (most likely). This happens when you make changes all the time, trying to get it right. Never Finished!

Next time I will build my car from scratch!

About making molds: I have made so many small changes during the process that in the end the car itself will be the plug
If any reproduction will happen I will have molds made by a professional company...

fieroman: thanks! I guess you are the first to photoshop my car! I really like that sideview ....Owww, that's mine!

------------------

1969 Chevy Suburban

fieroman87

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2004 05:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroman87Send a Private Message to fieroman87Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent
Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2004 05:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The lights are mounted on the back of the bumper. With an easy modification to the lighthousing the Fiero's turn/park lightsockets fit perfectly. ( In fact I had to dig up the originals after I replaced them with VW Golf lights after an accident!)

Smoothing the gap between the back of the 'stang scoop and decklid:

Shaping of the stage 2 rearbumper:

doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2004 09:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I must have about 5 posts in this thread already, but here's another haha.

I finally got to see that nose on the car Im so happy! It looks really good along with everythign else... I really gotta learn how to fiberglass.

NotAFieroAnyLonger

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 255
Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2004 10:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NotAFieroAnyLongerSend a Private Message to NotAFieroAnyLongerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You know what I think...
WoWoWoWoWoW!!!!

Steve

------------------

AKA. "SmoothGT"....

Custom Built W I D E BODY~GT!!

"I would rather be hatefully remembered, then just forgotten!!"

Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2004 06:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sneek peek of this weekend job during progress (daily driver by monday again!):

It is so natural with the fiero -lines, strange nobody has done it before...?!!

And you haven't seen the detailing yet

------------------

1987 Pontiac Fiero GTR in Progress
1969 Chevy Suburban

Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2004 01:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I did some shopping last week. I ordered some stuff from a local store and the Fierostore.
got this yesterday from the local store:

In front the stuff I ordered, in the back some molds and pieces for the stage2 rearbumper

A set of wheelspacers (10mm) which I will paint red if they fit. Some red and blue lights, blue's for the interior and reds in the Altezza's (to make them even more red). And a black plastic mesh with round holes: I already got a piece of fine aluminium grill too, the black mesh will go into the front middle gaps and in the rear diffuser and the aluminium mesh will go wherever is a vent or scoop

These are the windsplitter stabilisers....should be functional and some Euro-look too

Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2004 01:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Fie Ro

3735 posts
Member since Sep 2001
This happend 15 minutes later: I put some sticky chemical stuff on a $200 part!

This ABS-plastic windsplitter will not hold up to the fiberglass nose so I will make a mold of it and make a fiberglass product, which can be easily molded to the nose.

I have another 6cm to take care of (because the honda-piece of the nose was lengthened 6cm) so I will use that to get a shape that will match to the sideskirt...I took the original windsplitter out of the mold today so now I hope to sell it to some civic-ricer so I get some of the money back

This arrived today from the Fierostore (fast as always):

Most important: the quarter windows! FS confirmed they're from www.kahines.com. On the pictures they looked great and in real life they look great too. They seem a bit too flat in the mid section but the overall shape is excellent and that's most important, no regrets here.
There's a new left mirror glass, 2 clutchpedal bushings (it squeeks) and 2 (L/R) E-brake cables....
I read the Fierostore isn't always popular in the US of A but for us european's they offer great service. They ship fast, they know about our import/tax issues and they keep this hobby affordable to us...

Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2004 07:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
...work in progress....matching and smoothing the frontmods...

The windsplitter is out of the mold:

Some testfitting on the front :

I am making extra parts for extending the windsplitter 6 cm so it fits the nosepiece. It will be very smooth with the M3 skirts soon!
Just a simple impression how it could look like......

Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2004 03:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
looking for the right setup of the stabilisers:

windsplitter mounted (but still adjustable):

I''ll take it for a testdrive tomorrow ( that is: driving to work and back home! ) When it fits right the windsplitter will be molded to the nose.

PFF
System Bot
Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2004 01:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I want to attend at some meetings this year so I put any free time available in finishing this job...
some work in progress: testfitting the splitter extensions:

I also made molds and products of the M3 skirt corners and testfitted them on the nose to see if the lines would look more smooth, but it was a bit too much so I skipped them. I also skipped the splitter stabilizers because they looked a bit silly. -kill your darlings-

And a new baby was born.... Fresh from the mold, it's upside down

I will use at least 7 seperate pieces to make the final bumper. I guess playing with LEGO has left it's marks!

Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2004 01:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Fie Ro

3735 posts
Member since Sep 2001
Slowly everything is coming together:

Smooth azz... Shaved rear reflectors and lots of sanding...(still to do)

87FieroGTx

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 53
Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2004 03:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87FieroGTxClick Here to visit 87FieroGTx's HomePageSend a Private Message to 87FieroGTxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I love how short the front overhang is, makes the car much more exotic imho!
Spyhunter

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 86
Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2004 04:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpyhunterSend a Private Message to SpyhunterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Still watching your progress! Love the car, great work! I might find myself imitating the style

Spyhunter

------------------
-----------------------
Black '87 GT Auto - Daily Driver & Autocrosser
Eibach springs, Koni shocks, poly bushings, rear swaybar, MSD ignition, shift-kit, custom intake scoop

Savagery

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2004 05:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SavageryClick Here to visit Savagery's HomePageSend a Private Message to SavageryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Chop top time!

if only there was a v8 Archie branch in the Netherlands...

It looks awesome. I really like the rims, too.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2004 07:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
LOOKS GOOD! I remember what one person on the forum told or suggested: "Don't over do-it." That wasn't his exact words but I understood what he was getting at. IMO if you have more vent than a F40 then its too much. I wouldn't add any more vents it might get too busy for the eyes?

Me: I would gaze-over the front upper nose vents and the rear deck side vents (the small ones). IMO Everything else is visually "good." It's not that I'm one to talk about "over-doing-it" here, right? So please don't take this the wrong way.

Madcurl

------------------

netpro5

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2004 08:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for netpro5Send a Private Message to netpro5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you don't mind others having the same bumper as you, I say make a master mold of it then produce like 50 sell em for 600 a piece.? if you sell em all you will make $30 grand, (just thought)

I love your car!!

Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2004 08:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

LOOKS GOOD! I remember what one person on the forum told or suggested: "Don't over do-it." That wasn't his exact words but I understood what he was getting at. IMO if you have more vent than a F40 then its too much. I wouldn't add any more vents it might get too busy for the eyes?

Me: I would gaze-over the front upper nose vents and the rear deck side vents (the small ones). IMO Everything else is visually "good." It's not that I'm one to talk about "over-doing-it" here, right? So please don't take this the wrong way.

Madcurl

I am not taking anything the wrong way. I understand what you mean and I think you're right.

I guess I too said before I don't want to overdo it....But when you are trying different things you will never know how they will turn out unless you just do it. Even if you have clear plans like I thought I had I already skipped many mods ( 3 out of 4 by now ) which were too much on this car but in a different combination they could be nice. I already made 2 versions of the frontlid vent and 2 versions of the rear diffuser but now it is just time to finish it with what I have. I think it will be ok, but it would be completely different if started from scratch now

Btw I really like what you're doing to yours: It is original but with respect to the "original" fiero. Retaining the boxy dash but in a very updated way is one of my favorites!

I see it as a compliment if people want to "borrow" some of the mods I did...... I got many ideas and feedback from this forum so it is a bit of give and take

madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2004 02:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I"m glad we agree. I too have a hard time not "over-doing it." That might be why I'm doing (2) projects in hopes that what ever ideas that spring-up in my head won't be all on (1) car. But most of my ideas are not original, just copied from various people here or on olders cars of the past. One of the best comments that I usually get is "its a Fiero."

What I find fasinating is that; you and the guy named Stephan are just a few people willing to do something different and both are across the pond. Keep-up the good work. What color you plan on painting it?

Oh yeah, thanks for the kind thoughts.

------------------

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 18 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock