Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  SPY PICS!....first secrets of the GTR exposed! (Page 17)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 18 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
SPY PICS!....first secrets of the GTR exposed! by Fie Ro
Started on: 07-21-2003 07:25 AM
Replies: 717 (103730 views)
Last post by: Patrick on 03-31-2016 03:07 AM
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post06-08-2009 09:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
OMFG! I may have just made a happy mess in my pants. That engine install is extremely sexy! She is looking just great. I have always watched this build, and can't wait to see the end result.

Whoo hoo! Page 17 is mine.
------------------

[This message has been edited by Tony Kania (edited 06-08-2009).]

IP: Logged
Fie Ro

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2009 07:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks !

..for the trunkside of the enginebay I had a rough idea for a fiberglass or carbonfiber cover but I found an aluminium profile that could work too but differently, gave it a try
After a lot of cutting/fitting/cutting/fitting/cutting/fitting/ etc its taking shape

Then I want to mount a few switches that I dont want in the trunk

switches testfitting

The rewarding stuff is to make it shine Wetsanded with 400 and 1000 ...polished a little with a polishingwheel on a drill and then some belgom handpolish...this is the first pass
IVANNATINKLE

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2009 12:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IVANNATINKLESend a Private Message to IVANNATINKLEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fie Ro:

hey Kolja, I used a grinder and my powerfile for that, and some finishing with a handfile...just using the basic tools I have and make the best of it. The lights are just mounted how I like them but I have not fitted them yet.... looks I have to be careful and change position, how much do the housings stick out with yours ?
btw what kind of connector is used for the parking lights? Still need those.
I got an idea for the unused holes:

how much dose a set of headlights like that go for?
Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2009 05:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IVANNATINKLE:
how much dose a set of headlights like that go for?

These are Fiero1fan's brackets and I ordered the Hella lights seperately (and also did some mods)...I dont have a total figure but it is not really cheap
Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2009 06:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Fie Ro

3735 posts
Member since Sep 2001
Started to setup and weld the dogbone brackets..cleanup, zincspray and then hi-temp paint

I still think the aluminium bar needs a logo....time to take out an old idea..
IVANNATINKLE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2009 12:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IVANNATINKLESend a Private Message to IVANNATINKLEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
any ideas on where to get the hella lights ?
Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2009 07:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IVANNATINKLE:
any ideas on where to get the hella lights ?

try google: "hella projector 90mm"
IVANNATINKLE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2009 09:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IVANNATINKLESend a Private Message to IVANNATINKLEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
pm'd
Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2009 02:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fie RO, are you going to make an engine bay window for this car when it is done? I think it would really show it off. (just make sure to add some curvature to the "glass" (acrylic) )
Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2009 07:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Austrian Import:
Fie RO, are you going to make an engine bay window for this car when it is done? I think it would really show it off. (just make sure to add some curvature to the "glass" (acrylic) )

It crossed my mind but its already been done nicely before, starting with Skitime's..
..now when heatresistant flexible oled displays (transparent when turned off) will become available and affordable I may think again

Seriously I am going for a good look with the decklid up...
the challenge (+time) is to make everything fit and work right...getting all the pieces of puzzle lined up and get the final picture...pff..lol

I still think the aluminium bar needs a logo...
.time to take out an old idea..

Yeah
When I got the L67 I was able to get a pretty good mold of the engine cover logo and made a copy in clear and CF....
they have been gathering dust...

however I tried several setups ( paint and cutouts ), I never found a way to justify to cover the blower

anyway, a new version would now need:
- smooth main surface ( instead of small texture)
- red casted letters ( better than paint)

Start, hard to fill red tinted resin without spilling and cleanup

clear resin and CF

rough from the mold
my-fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2009 03:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for my-fieroSend a Private Message to my-fieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Verry Nice job!!!!!

I like that.!

------------------
Fiero GT 1988 2.8V6
Fiero GT 1987 3.4V6 T-top in progress
Buick roadmaster 1956 5.3V8

my_fiero@hotmail.com

PFF
System Bot
carbon

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2009 01:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by carbon (edited 07-08-2009).]

IVANNATINKLE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2009 04:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IVANNATINKLESend a Private Message to IVANNATINKLEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bump looks sweet.... did you ever get my pm?
whodeanie

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2009 06:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
it's good to see you are still working on the car. every time you post something it is better than the last one.
nice job.
Sharkman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2009 08:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SharkmanSend a Private Message to SharkmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow, SWEET!!!
Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2009 06:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks

all that tinkering slows down total progress but hey ; " my Fiero is my sketchbook "

Still fighting how to use these...it always gets complicated

So went to testfit the dogbones

At the top right of the pic below I turned a teflon spacer to mount the bar to the trunk for extra support..I consider a second one close to the left side mount..as most of this setup is selfmade and I cant trust everything I make...

The right dogbone setup first needs some clearance work on the aluminium (ex) heater passage next to the head..
The block still needs to be lowered a little at the right side to sit perfectly level, by slotting the enginemount some more..but since the dogbones are adjustable that shouldnt be a problem for the final setup..

Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2009 06:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I want to use some mesh and led backlight to fill the space between the 2 bars...after some thinking I came up with a simple small aluminium U profile; mounted to the upper bar, mesh mounted to the profile and leds in the profile...pix will explain better

using the drilled profile as a soldering jig, leds are upside down

shrinkwrap

Most leds are around 2V and to keep it simple I usually put 6 or 7 leds in series to run on 12V so no resistors or other scary stuff is needed...heres a mockup of the effect of the mounted leds on the mesh..

The effect is pretty cool, changing in size when you move angle

looks a little like a tube amplifier I guess

But these red leds are not strong enough..I like subtle but it needs to be pretty dark to see them...will have to get some brighter leds ! The blue switch leds blow them away..

Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2009 01:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I want to make everything to work together, put a mockup together (again ) The 3800 logo needs to line up with the lcd (and needs tweaking)...just to get you the idea where I am heading at..

Sharkman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2009 02:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SharkmanSend a Private Message to SharkmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking good. Keep us updated
Will the LCD flip up when you go on shows?

------------------
Regards SHARKMAN
Europe # 1 choptop
http://www.fieroforum.se/fo...=1342&st=0&sk=t&sd=a
http://www.fieroforum.se/fo...topic.php?f=10&t=173

[This message has been edited by Sharkman (edited 07-23-2009).]

Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2009 03:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Sharkman:
Will the LCD flip up when you go on shows?

No, but it is angled upwards a little already with this setup...maybe hard to see on these pix..but more would be too obvious.. and the screen is pretty good to see at angles so I just hope it works well enough this way..

Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2009 04:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Fie Ro

3735 posts
Member since Sep 2001
Btw I fitted remote on/off wiring for the tft ..it will be the pushbutton next to the switches.

I got worried if I would have to solder to a tiny part....

but tp3 and tp4 cant be missed, easy...!

Checking

More checking while putting everything back in place
PFF
System Bot
Sharkman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2009 07:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SharkmanSend a Private Message to SharkmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Realy nice, I got a LCD photo screen for mine. Useful to show the build.

------------------
Regards SHARKMAN
Europe # 1 choptop
http://www.fieroforum.se/fo...=1342&st=0&sk=t&sd=a
http://www.fieroforum.se/fo...topic.php?f=10&t=173

Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2009 07:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Sharkman:

Realy nice, I got a LCD photo screen for mine. Useful to show the build.

Exactly, at one time I considered dvd video and speakers in the trunk but that would be too much.., its about the car..first..then a simple slideshow tells all about it for those who really want to know about it..
Amida

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2009 10:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pretty nice detail work!...Looks like you're putting together a show car.
RCR

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2009 08:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Amida:

Pretty nice detail work!...Looks like you're putting together a show car.

Looks like he's putting together a car for the Riddler Award.

Bob

batousai666

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2009 08:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
BUMP for progress.
Amida

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2009 08:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bling, bling!
Carcenomy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2009 04:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CarcenomyClick Here to visit Carcenomy's HomePageSend a Private Message to CarcenomyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
She's looking the beast Fie Ro! Forgive me for skim reading, what rotors were you looking to use?
Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2009 01:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
*bump* for more pictures. (even if it's of the old stuff, but updated pictures)
johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2009 07:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We Need Updates On This Build!
Sofa King

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2009 09:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Sofa KingSend a Private Message to Sofa KingEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I was able to get a pretty good mold of the engine cover logo and made a copy in clear and CF....
they have been gathering dust...

Hey Fie Ro,

Great build! BUT!!!!! You're going to have to explain exactly how you took that mold! AMAZING!

G (SK)

[This message has been edited by Sofa King (edited 12-01-2009).]

PFF
System Bot
IVANNATINKLE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2009 01:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IVANNATINKLESend a Private Message to IVANNATINKLEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bump great build

updateS?
ToonTownfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-24-2009 02:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ToonTownfieroClick Here to visit ToonTownfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to ToonTownfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Great Thread
Custom2M4

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2009 04:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Sofa King:

Hey Fie Ro,

Great build! BUT!!!!! You're going to have to explain exactly how you took that mold! AMAZING!

G (SK)

Jel Coat / Fiberglass the original part. Then spray your mold release, resin / cf and throw it against a wall.

------------------

Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2010 11:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry, I havent put much time into the project last months, busy at work, a freezing garage and some Fiero withdrawel that happends sometimes. Allthough I am slowly getting back to picking up projects...I want to get it back on the road this year (like I said last year )
GT86FASTBACK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2010 04:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GT86FASTBACKSend a Private Message to GT86FASTBACKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Front has some minor changes now and the Crystal lights came in today! They seemed soooo big to me but when I placed them on the bumper I thought/think I can make them fit in there

Hey! What is this bumper originally from?
BMTFIERO

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2010 11:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BMTFIEROSend a Private Message to BMTFIEROEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
BUMP
Copper85GT

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2010 05:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Copper85GTSend a Private Message to Copper85GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
HausFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2010 08:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HausFieroSend a Private Message to HausFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What year m3 do the side skirts come off of and how do you make them fit?
Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2010 01:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GT86FASTBACK:
Hey! What is this bumper originally from?

I think it was a 1996 accord..civics had them too. At the time the best base I could find. Top is part of a Fiero coupe nose, the rest is custom.
Although its a short nose on the Fiero the wheel arches of the buck were moved 2" backwards.

Originally posted by HausFiero:
What year m3 do the side skirts come off of and how do you make them fit?

These were universal fiberglass copies..cut to length. I bonded them to the stock rockers and made fiberglass endcaps and a CF sillplate

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 18 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock