Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  A history of Skitimes car (Page 16)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 18 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
A history of Skitimes car by skitime
Started on: 02-04-2003 09:34 PM
Replies: 717 (103847 views)
Last post by: litespd on 07-05-2023 12:54 PM
jeffdean42

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-13-2010 04:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jeffdean42Send a Private Message to jeffdean42Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Moar! moar!
IP: Logged
skitime

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 332
Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2010 09:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skitimeSend a Private Message to skitimeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tiretread:

My first post on this site and it's because this is my favorite car here. I'm a very new owner (1 day) of an 86 SE and this build has inspired me.

Wow that is great! Welcome to the forum too.

skitime

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2010 09:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skitimeSend a Private Message to skitimeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

skitime

5765 posts
Member since Aug 2000

Originally posted by Russmanu:

This car/thread/build is awesome.
A fantastic thread, written in a very easy to understand manner and quite possibly the nicest Fiero I've ever seen.

If I ever become rich, I will definately get you to build me a motor.

Cheers Buddy

Russ B, Oxford UK

Wow, I guess this make this GT internationally appreciated. Cool thanks for the complement.

------------------

Red 88 GT T-Top 3800 INTERCOOLED SUPERCHARGED

Click here to read the History of Skitimes Car

HausFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2010 11:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HausFieroSend a Private Message to HausFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I really like what you did for your exhaust man, really fits the rear bumper.

On the hood scoop did you just cut on the very center (the part that is dipped in) or did you cut a little bit to the sides of it too? 4 inches seems like it would be more than just the dipped in part.
skitime

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2010 04:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skitimeSend a Private Message to skitimeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by HausFiero:

I really like what you did for your exhaust man, really fits the rear bumper.

On the hood scoop did you just cut on the very center (the part that is dipped in) or did you cut a little bit to the sides of it too? 4 inches seems like it would be more than just the dipped in part.

If you look on page 1 of this thread you can see exactly how I cut it.

HausFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2010 05:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HausFieroSend a Private Message to HausFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by skitime:

If you look on page 1 of this thread you can see exactly how I cut it.

Already saw that
SMTHGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2010 09:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SMTHGTSend a Private Message to SMTHGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ski, I want to use one of your ideas... PM on the way...

------------------

Steve
Aka. "SmoothGT"
1987 GT 4.9L~V8 ~4T6OE
SmoothGT~II

joe cat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2010 09:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for joe catSend a Private Message to joe catEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Skitop call me 717-898-9024 and I have pmed you and emailed you!
Joe in lancaster, pa
jeep107

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2010 06:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jeep107Send a Private Message to jeep107Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So here I was wondering if anyone had ever done and engine bay window, did a search and found this....Totally amazing what you have done with your car, I have always been more of a notchback fan but your car is really making me question that. You have made what is to me the nicest Fiero I have ever seen, thanks for the inspiration.
skitime

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2010 07:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skitimeSend a Private Message to skitimeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jeep107:

So here I was wondering if anyone had ever done and engine bay window, did a search and found this....Totally amazing what you have done with your car, I have always been more of a notchback fan but your car is really making me question that. You have made what is to me the nicest Fiero I have ever seen, thanks for the inspiration.

Thanks for the email and these compliments. Good luck on your build.

johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2011 09:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ski,

I followed your build from Texas. I followed your build from England. I followed your build from Florida. I read it over and over again every time i was deployed to the desert flying missions in Iraq and Afghanistan when I had computer time. And now, while I am sitting in DC for two weeks, I sat and spent a few hours reading back through the whole build. It has been an amazing ride watching the car morph into what it is today. I would love to see your car down at the Daytona show. Will it be there? Also, if this car EVER goes up for sale and you come up with an asking price PM ME / CALL ME! This is one Fiero that I am sure anyone on the forum would love to own, me being no exception. The mods are all so tastefully done and the soul of the Fiero has been retained. You, sir, are a star!

John
PFF
System Bot
johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2011 09:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

johnyrottin

5453 posts
Member since Oct 2007
delete

[This message has been edited by johnyrottin (edited 08-01-2015).]

Jim88GT

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2011 07:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jim88GTSend a Private Message to Jim88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ski,

I like the mods you did to your hood (tasteful and functional) so much I'm replicating them on my car Props to you for being the originator and thanks for sharing the info so others can upgrade their rides!

Jim
avengador1

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 571
Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2011 08:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I heard through the grapevine that this car may be heading to a new home soon. Any truth to the rumor?
skitime

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2011 07:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skitimeSend a Private Message to skitimeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, this had been one of the hardest things I have done in a long time. My pride and joy was sold. It was like selling one of my own children. I nearly backed out of the deal because I could not stand it. It is going to Colorado via a truck carrier. Forum member Rpro aka Robert Probst president of the Mile High Fiero club has bought it and willl be giving it a good home so I take some solace in that. I vacation in Colorado a lot so I will hopefully see it on some of those trips. So the GT starts another chapter in it's life. Pennocks has been a home for me for many years. Cliff, Thanks so much. Through Pennocks I have made so many friends that otherwise I would of never met.

------------------

Red 88 GT T-Top 3800 INTERCOOLED SUPERCHARGED

Click here to read the History of Skitimes Car

rpro

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 76
Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2011 09:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rproSend a Private Message to rproEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think it's time to bring this thread back to the top. As many of you know, I recently acquired skitime's awesome GT. I also promised to keep this thread alive with mod's and repairs I make along the way. I've only had the car a little over 24 hours now, but already the gears are turning in my head.

The first order of business is to freshen it up. It hasn't been driven in two years, so certain things simply need some attention. I noticed a hairline crack developing in the low mount alternator/dogbone bracket, so that's getting TIG'd tomorrow. I want this to be a temporary fix before I purchase a bullit proof kit. I'd very much like to hear from you 3800SC guys on what you've found to be best.... Keeping in mind this is a 5 speed.

It's also time for new tires. Somebody seemed to have stolen the tread off the rears before I got the car. LOL

Door hinge pins and bushings, Silva Light headlamps, and some new undercar LED's is what is in store for this month. I know this isn't exciting stuff, but what it does is bring back a former champion to a state of the art show car.

[This message has been edited by rpro (edited 04-09-2011).]

JCUOIT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2011 06:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JCUOITSend a Private Message to JCUOITEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So, Skitime, What vehicle will be the focus of your attention now? What forum will chronicle your future projects? Solstice, Cobalt, Mustang, hyper miler Geo Metros?
skitime

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2011 08:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skitimeSend a Private Message to skitimeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JCUOIT:

So, Skitime, What vehicle will be the focus of your attention now? What forum will chronicle your future projects? Solstice, Cobalt, Mustang, hyper miler Geo Metros?

I am enjoying a Mecedes SLK and a modified Geo Tracker setup for offroading and I still have a red Pontiac. A Pontiac Vibe. Only the Mecedes has not been modified yet.

Falcon Fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2011 02:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Falcon FieroSend a Private Message to Falcon FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Was this car in Colorado Springs area yesterday morning ~ 10:45 am (Interquest Prkway area)??

If so, I was lucky enough to see it!

------------------

rpro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2011 08:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rproSend a Private Message to rproEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes, you did see it at that time and location. We had a club cruise yesterday, Are you not a MHFC member?

Robert
Falcon Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2011 10:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Falcon FieroSend a Private Message to Falcon FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rpro:

Yes, you did see it at that time and location. We had a club cruise yesterday, Are you not a MHFC member?

Robert

I am not. I have not had a Fiero since 04. I heard from Rob, the Secratery of the Solstice/Sky club that we may be getting together with the Fiero club for a cruise sometime soon though!

Pretty cool so see your car after I have only seen pictures for so long.

[This message has been edited by Falcon Fiero (edited 04-24-2011).]

PFF
System Bot
rpro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2011 12:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rproSend a Private Message to rproEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We are indeed joining the Solstice/Sky folks for a day trip to Royal Gorge, Saturday, May 7th.
Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2011 04:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Since you're the new owner of the car, could you take some updated/recent pictures of what the car looks like now? (It would make a great background picture)
rpro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2011 09:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rproSend a Private Message to rproEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
As requested, a few pictures of the skimobile at the Royal Gorge Bridge.

[This message has been edited by rpro (edited 05-07-2011).]

Falcon Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2011 02:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Falcon FieroSend a Private Message to Falcon FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pleasure meeting you today and seeing your car!

rpro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2011 09:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rproSend a Private Message to rproEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks, Falcon. It was fun to cruise with you guy's and see some beautiful Sky's and Soltice's

rpro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2011 05:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rproSend a Private Message to rproEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

rpro

2920 posts
Member since Jun 2006
Driving across a narrow wooden slat bridge doesn't seem frightening until you look down. (gulp)

[This message has been edited by rpro (edited 05-09-2011).]

rpro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2011 05:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rproSend a Private Message to rproEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
On Saturday, June 11th, the Utah Pontiac Club (GSLC-POCI) will be holding it's 15th All Pontiac Car Show. They will be having the show at Wheeler Farm in Salt Lake City. The show will run from 9am to 2pm Saturday, June 11th.

I am taking the infamous skimobile over for this show, so any PFF members in Utah are welcome to come see it in person. Hopefully you'll bring your Fiero's and show them off as well.

Robert
Australian

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2011 06:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
damn i love this car i think it is one of my personal top 5 non wide body fieros.
rpro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2011 11:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rproSend a Private Message to rproEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dave Horst (skitime) was passing through Denver today, so we hooked up so he could see his old GT once again. I tossed him the keys and off he went down the road on a speed run. Dave is probably the nicest guy you would ever meet. I'm thankful he took the time to connect with me during his cross country drive. By the way, his Geo Tracker and RV are equally as tricked out as the Fiero.

Falcon Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2011 01:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Falcon FieroSend a Private Message to Falcon FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very cool to have that happen.
PFF
System Bot
Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2011 08:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Falcon Fiero:

Very cool to have that happen.

Yes, very cool that you guys could get together.

Archie
852m4se

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2011 10:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 852m4seSend a Private Message to 852m4seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
the decklid looks awsome with that grille and clear cover cutouts. very nice
fierogt28

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2011 12:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt28Send a Private Message to fierogt28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
For Dave to take the time and meet you and have a short spin in his old fiero....hummm, he should of kept that 88GT

------------------
fierogt28

88 GT, Loaded, 5-speed.
88 GT, 5-speed. All original.

skitime

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2011 05:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skitimeSend a Private Message to skitimeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey thanks for meeting me in Denver. It was great to finally meet you and see my GT again. It looked great and it was awesome to drive it again. I am sitting in a Provo UT laundrymat that had wifi and Pennocks was the first sight I checked out. It has been a long day. Woke up at 5AM with abdomen pain. Went to the ER and after a few hours I found out I had a kidney stone trying to get out. So now I am waiting for the time bomb to go off with pain pills at the ready. Vonnie is flying out to Salt Lake City tomorrow so hopefully I will be able to drive up there to pick her up and still enjoy the rest of the vacation.
rpro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2011 10:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rproSend a Private Message to rproEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yea verily that sucketh.... hope you're ok and work out the stone issue.
avengador1

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 571
Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2011 09:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Robert you need to add some Florida pictures of the car to this thread.
701GT

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2011 08:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 701GTSend a Private Message to 701GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
WOW this is getting bookmarked best looking Fiero i have seen
rpro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2012 07:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rproSend a Private Message to rproEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Took her out for an evening cruise in. It still cleans up pretty well for an old girl.

rpro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2012 05:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rproSend a Private Message to rproEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The time has finally come for this car to be lowered. It looks sooooo much better than the stock 88 ride height.

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 18 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock