Click here to visit the donation page | View all sponsors
  Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  A history of Skitimes car (Page 14)

Post New Topic  Post A Reply
Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 18 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
A history of Skitimes car by skitime
Started on: 02-04-2003 09:34 PM
Replies: 710 (96696 views)
Last post by: mrfiero on 06-18-2017 02:26 AM
skitime
Member

Posts: 5754
From: Akron, PA, USA
Registered: Aug 2000


Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 331
Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2007 05:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skitimeClick Here to Email skitimeSend a Private Message to skitimeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

 
quote
Originally posted by Paulv:

Dave, I remember your car well at Fierorama and at the 20th. Hope you can come to another Fierorama someday! Just read the whole build up thread. Very interesting to read about your workmanship and well thought out improvements. Had you ever considered expanding the glass rear decklid area to encompass the area where the vents are? Did you calculate that by removing the center rib, the flex would be too great for the tempered glass?




Thanks for the compliments Paul. We would love to get to another Fierorama. All you need to do is schedule it before I got to start teaching school. The year I was able to get there was because I just had knee surgery so I could not work. The engine window and the engine vent both were just shaped to work with the existing support framework built into the trunk lid. I believe the idea of combining both openings into one would work just fine. I really like the engine vent. It gets very hot which means it is working. The factory engine vents never get nearly as hot.

IP: Logged

88_Fiero_2M4
Member

Posts: 1312
From: Colorado
Registered: Jan 2004


Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2007 09:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88_Fiero_2M4Click Here to Email 88_Fiero_2M4Send a Private Message to 88_Fiero_2M4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Wow there Skitime been past where you live many times but didnt know. However I am always going buy in the Semi and all 14000 trucks in this company look the same.

------------------
Don Pottorff
Maroon 88 GT
Red 88 2M4
Silver 86 2M4
Red 85 GT 1:18 Scale

IP: Logged

skitime
Member

Posts: 5754
From: Akron, PA, USA
Registered: Aug 2000


Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 331
Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2007 10:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skitimeClick Here to Email skitimeSend a Private Message to skitimeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

 
quote
Originally posted by 88_Fiero_2M4:

Wow there Skitime been past where you live many times but didnt know. However I am always going buy in the Semi and all 14000 trucks in this company look the same.



I spend a lot of time in Colorado in the summer during vacation so we probably cross paths often.

IP: Logged

Mike Marden
Member

Posts: 432
From: Fernandina Beach, FL
Registered: Aug 2006


Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2007 02:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mike MardenClick Here to Email Mike MardenSend a Private Message to Mike MardenEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

TTT where it belongs

------------------
86 SE 2.8 4-Speed

IP: Logged

twofatguys
Member

Posts: 16465
From: Wheaton Mo. / Virginia Beach Va.
Registered: Jul 2004


Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 228
Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2007 12:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysClick Here to Email twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bumporama
Brad

IP: Logged

Mike Marden
Member

Posts: 432
From: Fernandina Beach, FL
Registered: Aug 2006


Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2007 10:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Mike MardenClick Here to Email Mike MardenSend a Private Message to Mike MardenEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

rebump

IP: Logged

88_Fiero_2M4
Member

Posts: 1312
From: Colorado
Registered: Jan 2004


Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2007 12:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 88_Fiero_2M4Click Here to Email 88_Fiero_2M4Send a Private Message to 88_Fiero_2M4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Well ski looks like I will be in your area the next two days, I have a drop at Parksburg near Philly on the 26th I am in Spiceland IN right now and will be around Carlisle around 6 to 7 your time tomrrow night.

------------------
Don Pottorff
Maroon 88 GT
Red 88 2M4
Silver 86 2M4
Red 85 GT 1:18 Scale

IP: Logged

Kameo Kid
Member

Posts: 2342
From: Cortland,Ohio
Registered: Jul 2002


Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 133
Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2007 09:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kameo KidSend a Private Message to Kameo KidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

just a friendly bump to see if there is anything new in skiland?

IP: Logged

wingless
Member

Posts: 152
From: arlington,texas,usa
Registered: Oct 2006


Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2007 11:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for winglessClick Here to visit wingless's HomePageClick Here to Email winglessSend a Private Message to winglessEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

TTT, one beautiful Fiero.

IP: Logged

88_Fiero_2M4
Member

Posts: 1312
From: Colorado
Registered: Jan 2004


Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2007 07:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88_Fiero_2M4Click Here to Email 88_Fiero_2M4Send a Private Message to 88_Fiero_2M4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Well Ski if I knew I was going to be here this long I would have left you a message sooner. I am just 10 miles north of York just off of 83.

------------------
Don Pottorff
Maroon 88 GT
Red 88 2M4
Silver 86 2M4
Red 85 GT 1:18 Scale

IP: Logged

Hudini
Member

Posts: 7200
From: Shanghai, China
Registered: Feb 2006


Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2007 09:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniClick Here to Email HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

A must read for everyone.

IP: Logged

The Fieromaster
Member

Posts: 4124
From: Painesville, Ohio USA
Registered: Jun 2001


Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 104
Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2007 09:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for The FieromasterClick Here to Email The FieromasterSend a Private Message to The FieromasterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Ski, i have pictures of your car from when you came to the "NEO Fiero Club" meeting a very long time ago.

------------------
"Raced That, Wrecked Better" ~In Memory Of Jesse Cesek~ 1980-2000
US Armored Cavalry - Fox 2/81 - Death By 120 - 1 Shot 1 Kill

3800 SuperCharged Series II Swap, Rare BTTK Intercooler, Thrasher MPS, Fastback Swap

IP: Logged

skitime
Member

Posts: 5754
From: Akron, PA, USA
Registered: Aug 2000


Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 331
Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2007 10:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skitimeClick Here to Email skitimeSend a Private Message to skitimeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

 
quote
Originally posted by 88_Fiero_2M4:

Well Ski if I knew I was going to be here this long I would have left you a message sooner. I am just 10 miles north of York just off of 83.




We should of met. I was just home from Colorado.

IP: Logged

skitime
Member

Posts: 5754
From: Akron, PA, USA
Registered: Aug 2000


Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 331
Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2007 10:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skitimeClick Here to Email skitimeSend a Private Message to skitimeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

 
quote
Originally posted by Hudini:

A must read for everyone.


Thanks


IP: Logged

skitime
Member

Posts: 5754
From: Akron, PA, USA
Registered: Aug 2000


Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 331
Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2007 10:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skitimeClick Here to Email skitimeSend a Private Message to skitimeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

 
quote
Originally posted by The Fieromaster:

Ski, i have pictures of your car from when you came to the "NEO Fiero Club" meeting a very long time ago.



Email me some that would be cool to see.

IP: Logged

The Fieromaster
Member

Posts: 4124
From: Painesville, Ohio USA
Registered: Jun 2001


Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 104
Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2007 10:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for The FieromasterClick Here to Email The FieromasterSend a Private Message to The FieromasterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

 
quote
Originally posted by skitime:


Email me some that would be cool to see.


Hmm... That was before digital cameras were affordable or flooding the market place. They are on photographs but ill have my mother in law scan them with this machine she has that was like 4,000$ made for doing that.

IP: Logged

30+mpg
Member

Posts: 4008
From: Russellville, AR
Registered: Feb 2002


Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 95
Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2007 09:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 30+mpgClick Here to Email 30+mpgSend a Private Message to 30+mpgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I used to live in Dallastown & drive to Mechanicsburg a long time ago.

Skitime. how many miles was your car driven under it's own power in the past 12 months? Don't count miles on the trailer.

IP: Logged

Fierostarvin
Member

Posts: 292
From: Hazleton Iowa
Registered: Mar 2006


Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2007 08:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierostarvinSend a Private Message to FierostarvinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Man what a thread!! Spent all afternoon reading it and watching the Texas race. Your car is a work of art in progress. Please keep posting updates.

IP: Logged

jscott1
Member

Posts: 21620
From: Houston, TX , USA
Registered: Dec 2001


Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 414
Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2007 10:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

 
quote
Originally posted by Fierostarvin:

Please keep posting updates.


It's for sale if you are interested...

http://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/066009.html

[This message has been edited by jscott1 (edited 11-05-2007).]

IP: Logged

skitime
Member

Posts: 5754
From: Akron, PA, USA
Registered: Aug 2000


Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 331
Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2007 04:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skitimeClick Here to Email skitimeSend a Private Message to skitimeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

 
quote
Originally posted by 30+mpg:

I used to live in Dallastown & drive to Mechanicsburg a long time ago.

Skitime. how many miles was your car driven under it's own power in the past 12 months? Don't count miles on the trailer.


We have not trailered it for years. We used to trailer it to Carlisle because we would stay in the motorhome for the weekend. We also trailered it to the 20th Fiero show because we did not have enough room in the FIero. Other than that it was driven everywhere. We even drove it to the Fierorama and back. Regardless I have not driven it much in the last two years. Around 500 miles last year. That is why I decided I might as well sell it to someone that would really enjoy it.

IP: Logged

seegeer
Member

Posts: 492
From: punxsutawney pa
Registered: Oct 2007


Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2007 07:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for seegeerClick Here to Email seegeerSend a Private Message to seegeerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

great car, i love what you did, i live in punxsutawney pa and i am in the process of opening a customizing shop and would love for a guy like you to check it out some time and bounce some ideas off of,,,great work, by far my favorite ride..
spence

IP: Logged

skitime
Member

Posts: 5754
From: Akron, PA, USA
Registered: Aug 2000


Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 331
Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2007 08:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skitimeClick Here to Email skitimeSend a Private Message to skitimeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

 
quote
Originally posted by seegeer:

great car, i love what you did, i live in and i am in the process of opening a customizing shop and would love for a guy like you to check it out some time and bounce some ideas off of,,,great work, by far my favorite ride..
spence



That sounds like fun and thanks. (As he goes looking up where Punxsutawney Pa is on Map Quest knowing that is where the groundhogs are)

IP: Logged

JCUOIT
Member

Posts: 329
From: Amsterdam
Registered: Apr 2007


Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2008 01:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JCUOITSend a Private Message to JCUOITEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

bump for the man that brought us the following awesome modifications:

Turbo Sunbird Tachometer with integrated Boost Gauge





Back lit headlight doors
















Engine Window with 'mood lighting'









Center Console Homelink integration








Removable rear window pass-through







The Cleanest Engine Bay in a Fiero



And the best thing, A Thread that's lasted 5 YEARS without touching the archives. FIVE YEARS!!!



(all be it that i posted the day before the actual birthday)
While it may be debatable, I truly believe that your style of customizing is the most creative while still being tasteful and true to the Fiero form and philosophy.

I really hope you do not sell this car, not because it should be yours forever. but because the car is likely one of the most well known and well done Fieros on this forum. A triumphant leader of innovation and imagination. An artist in the medium of fiberglass and speed. While there may be many people worthy of owning and maintaining this car, and while there may be many that could keep it covered in a garage, strapped down on a trailer, or sit proudly by its side parked at a show, there are very few people in this community that could possibly continue to raise the bar of Fiero modifications, few that could document it to such a degree, and certainly no one that could continue to transform a car so tastefully into something more, into something better, into something Great and yet something innately and recognizably FIERO.


This car is SkiTime's car, it's your car. I don't think anyone would have enough balls to buy this car and try to continue modifying it. Anyone who purchases your car instantly becomes the curator of "Skitime's car." I can only liken this experience to possibly owning 1 of the 3 Scaglietti Corvette Italias or owning an Aston Martin DB4 Zagato. These cars are individual pieces of art, all minutely different, none exactly the same. To think that you have 1 of 1, the only Skitime Fiero. thats cool.


In the end it is your car to sell, and the recipient will become a truly lucky owner. In the event that you have found some other outlet for your seemingly boundless imagination, creativity, and skill. It is conceivable that you may have grown bored of the car and tired of the modifications. in this case i would suggest moving on to focus upon whichever creative outlet has captured you now as the Fiero once captured it many years ago.


on a lighter note:
In the event that you do not sell your car and continue showing it, when is the huge Fiero gathering in Michigan this year? i have to see your car in person. With some luck mine will be done, and it'll be there too.

JC
I am not worthy

[This message has been edited by JCUOIT (edited 02-03-2008).]

IP: Logged

DeLorean00
Member

Posts: 4251
From: Sacramento, CA / Reno, NV
Registered: Aug 2005


Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2008 09:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DeLorean00Click Here to Email DeLorean00Send a Private Message to DeLorean00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bump, I love this car!! Forgive if its stated in this tread, but what color is your car? Is that a GM red? Do you have a color code? Thanks so much!!!!!!!!!!!


-Chris

IP: Logged

Gokart Mozart
Member

Posts: 12143
From: Metro Detroit
Registered: Mar 2003


Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 160
Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2008 09:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

 
quote
Originally posted by JCUOIT:

bump for the man that brought us the following awesome modifications:


Don't forget the hidden antenna, functional hood scoop and trans-am side vents.

IP: Logged

Ditkaphile
Member

Posts: 816
From: Rockford, IL USA
Registered: Apr 2007


Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2008 12:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DitkaphileClick Here to Email DitkaphileSend a Private Message to DitkaphileEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

And to think I almost didn't look at this thread. Ski, your car is awe-inspiring, a piece of automotive art. And I am sure others can attest to level of disgust that arises when we see how easy you make it look! It is hard to truly comprehend the amount of work and the amount of money it must have taken to achieve such a level of quality. Bravo, you make us all proud.

P.S. - might there be a decklid grill from one of the MR2 models that would work if one were attempting to duplicate your third decklid vent?

------------------
Ninety percent of the population thinks you'd have to be crazy to own a Fiero. I'm in the other ten percent!

IP: Logged

skitime
Member

Posts: 5754
From: Akron, PA, USA
Registered: Aug 2000


Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 331
Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2008 09:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skitimeClick Here to Email skitimeSend a Private Message to skitimeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

 
quote
Originally posted by Ditkaphile:

And to think I almost didn't look at this thread. Ski, your car is awe-inspiring, a piece of automotive art. And I am sure others can attest to level of disgust that arises when we see how easy you make it look! It is hard to truly comprehend the amount of work and the amount of money it must have taken to achieve such a level of quality. Bravo, you make us all proud.

P.S. - might there be a decklid grill from one of the MR2 models that would work if one were attempting to duplicate your third decklid vent?



Somehow I missed this post. The compliment is very much appreciated.

------------------

Red 88 GT T-Top 3800 INTERCOOLED SUPERCHARGED


Click here to read the History of Skitimes Car

IP: Logged

skitime
Member

Posts: 5754
From: Akron, PA, USA
Registered: Aug 2000


Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 331
Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2008 09:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skitimeClick Here to Email skitimeSend a Private Message to skitimeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

 
quote
Originally posted by DeLorean00:

Bump, I love this car!! Forgive if its stated in this tread, but what color is your car? Is that a GM red? Do you have a color code? Thanks so much!!!!!!!!!!!


-Chris


Surprisingly it is simply the factory original GM bright red. I love the color and have had several red sports cars in the past.

IP: Logged

skitime
Member

Posts: 5754
From: Akron, PA, USA
Registered: Aug 2000


Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 331
Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2008 09:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skitimeClick Here to Email skitimeSend a Private Message to skitimeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

 
quote
Originally posted by JCUOIT:

While it may be debatable, I truly believe that your style of customizing is the most creative while still being tasteful and true to the Fiero form and philosophy.

I really hope you do not sell this car, not because it should be yours forever. but because the car is likely one of the most well known and well done Fieros on this forum. A triumphant leader of innovation and imagination. An artist in the medium of fiberglass and speed. While there may be many people worthy of owning and maintaining this car, and while there may be many that could keep it covered in a garage, strapped down on a trailer, or sit proudly by its side parked at a show, there are very few people in this community that could possibly continue to raise the bar of Fiero modifications, few that could document it to such a degree, and certainly no one that could continue to transform a car so tastefully into something more, into something better, into something Great and yet something innately and recognizably FIERO.


This car is SkiTime's car, it's your car. I don't think anyone would have enough balls to buy this car and try to continue modifying it. Anyone who purchases your car instantly becomes the curator of "Skitime's car." I can only liken this experience to possibly owning 1 of the 3 Scaglietti Corvette Italias or owning an Aston Martin DB4 Zagato. These cars are individual pieces of art, all minutely different, none exactly the same. To think that you have 1 of 1, the only Skitime Fiero. thats cool.


In the end it is your car to sell, and the recipient will become a truly lucky owner. In the event that you have found some other outlet for your seemingly boundless imagination, creativity, and skill. It is conceivable that you may have grown bored of the car and tired of the modifications. in this case i would suggest moving on to focus upon whichever creative outlet has captured you now as the Fiero once captured it many years ago.


on a lighter note:
In the event that you do not sell your car and continue showing it, when is the huge Fiero gathering in Michigan this year? i have to see your car in person. With some luck mine will be done, and it'll be there too.

JC




Wow man, thanks for the many kind words. I was figuring the GT was being forgotten. Guess not. I still have days I should keep it and days I would sell it but either way I love the GT.

IP: Logged

Mister
Member

Posts: 1975
From: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Registered: Aug 2004


Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2008 11:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MisterSend a Private Message to MisterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

 
quote
Originally posted by skitime: I was figuring the GT was being forgotten. Guess not. I still have days I should keep it and days I would sell it but either way I love the GT.


Forgotten???... I don't think so!
It's only staring on all the printed products for the Fieros @ Carlisle 2008 show

http://www.mafoa.com/carlisle.html
http://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/070144.html

------------------

T-Top ~HUD~LEDs ~Red Fieros~Carputer~Montreal Club

IP: Logged

ktthecarguy
Member

Posts: 2076
From: Livonia, MI USA
Registered: Jun 2007


Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 169
Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2008 04:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ktthecarguyClick Here to visit ktthecarguy's HomePageSend a Private Message to ktthecarguyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hi skitime,
Love the backlit headlight doors! That's a very cool mod. And one super-tasty car! Forgive a dumb question, but what is a homelink? The thing you put in your cig lighter cover? Just curious.

IP: Logged

skitime
Member

Posts: 5754
From: Akron, PA, USA
Registered: Aug 2000


Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 331
Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2008 06:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for skitimeClick Here to Email skitimeSend a Private Message to skitimeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

 
quote
Originally posted by ktthecarguy:

Hi skitime,
Love the backlit headlight doors! That's a very cool mod. And one super-tasty car! Forgive a dumb question, but what is a homelink? The thing you put in your cig lighter cover? Just curious.


It is basically a remote garage door opener that is permanently installed. It has three buttons to control three devices and learns the remote codes from the other remotes you want to control. It is a great little device.

IP: Logged

TRiAD
Member

Posts: 4460
From: Central IL
Registered: May 2001


Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2008 02:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TRiADSend a Private Message to TRiADEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Ski, I wanted to take a couple minutes to thank you, from the bottom of my heart, for all you've done for this community. I hope you don't sell the car, because as someone else said; it will always be "Skitime's Fiero", no matter who owns it. That, and you'd never find someone willing to pay what it's really worth...

I've been here for many years, but I've been gone for quite a while before returning recently, as I'm looking at my 4th Fiero; a Formula. You are without a doubt one of the most innovative pioneers in this community, and I'm glad your thread has gotten the attention it has, and that your car is continuing to get the attention it deserves...That Carlisle feature is priceless!

I do have one question for you; do you know if you were the one who pioneered the T/A fender vent, or had someone already done that? I've been looking at those, since they will match the IMSA scoops I'm putting in the rear quarters, and would love to list them on my project page as one of your "mods", if you'd like.

Thanks again, for everything! And keep up the terrific work!!

------------------
~Michael

Project IMSA Formula Coming Soon!
'85 GT 4sp white - SOLD | | '85 2M6 Auto red - SOLD | | '84 2M4 bare chassis - SOLD
Crap, I'm out of Fieros! Time to buy another!! - "Your mileage may vary."

IP: Logged

skitime
Member

Posts: 5754
From: Akron, PA, USA
Registered: Aug 2000


Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 331
Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2008 06:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for skitimeClick Here to Email skitimeSend a Private Message to skitimeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

 
quote
Originally posted by TRiAD:

Ski, I wanted to take a couple minutes to thank you, from the bottom of my heart, for all you've done for this community. I hope you don't sell the car, because as someone else said; it will always be "Skitime's Fiero", no matter who owns it. That, and you'd never find someone willing to pay what it's really worth...

I've been here for many years, but I've been gone for quite a while before returning recently, as I'm looking at my 4th Fiero; a Formula. You are without a doubt one of the most innovative pioneers in this community, and I'm glad your thread has gotten the attention it has, and that your car is continuing to get the attention it deserves...That Carlisle feature is priceless!

I do have one question for you; do you know if you were the one who pioneered the T/A fender vent, or had someone already done that? I've been looking at those, since they will match the IMSA scoops I'm putting in the rear quarters, and would love to list them on my project page as one of your "mods", if you'd like.

Thanks again, for everything! And keep up the terrific work!!


Thanks very much!! Being the featured car at Carlisle is certainly an honor. As far as the vents, I am the orginator of that mod. I was just poking around a wrecking yard one day and spotted the vents and knew instantly I was going to do that mod. Several people have since used the same vents in many other locations on the Fiero which is cool too.

IP: Logged

TRiAD
Member

Posts: 4460
From: Central IL
Registered: May 2001


Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2008 08:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TRiADSend a Private Message to TRiADEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Sweet! I'll update my project page accordingly.

I'm ALL about giving credit where it's due.

There was a guy on here once who exactly built a very custom front fascia I designed in Photoshop, and never once said where he got the idea, so I know how it feels.

Thanks again!!

~M

IP: Logged

kevin
Member

Posts: 2432
From: Elk Grove, CA USA
Registered: Jan 2000


Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2008 10:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kevinClick Here to Email kevinSend a Private Message to kevinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

skitime,
Inquiring minds want to know. Did you sell the Fiero? Or not?
I hope you did not.

Cordially,
Kevin

[This message has been edited by kevin (edited 05-07-2008).]

IP: Logged

skitime
Member

Posts: 5754
From: Akron, PA, USA
Registered: Aug 2000


Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 331
Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2008 02:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skitimeClick Here to Email skitimeSend a Private Message to skitimeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

 
quote
Originally posted by kevin:

skitime,
Inquiring minds want to know. Did you sell the Fiero? Or not?
I hope you did not.

Cordially,
Kevin



No I have not. Had several people inquire about it. I really have not actually been trying to sell it but if a good offer would come in I would give it some serious consideration. (Please no tire kickers)

IP: Logged

kevin
Member

Posts: 2432
From: Elk Grove, CA USA
Registered: Jan 2000


Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2008 05:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kevinClick Here to Email kevinSend a Private Message to kevinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Skitime,
Well I am not a tire-kicker, my leg is too far away (3,000 miles). I do not know if I would be interested or not. I depends on the price, (what doesn't?) but I would like to know what range you would accept. Wonderful car....

Cordially,
Kevin

IP: Logged

skitime
Member

Posts: 5754
From: Akron, PA, USA
Registered: Aug 2000


Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 331
Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2008 08:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skitimeClick Here to Email skitimeSend a Private Message to skitimeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

 
quote
Originally posted by kevin:

Skitime,
Well I am not a tire-kicker, my leg is too far away (3,000 miles). I do not know if I would be interested or not. I depends on the price, (what doesn't?) but I would like to know what range you would accept. Wonderful car....

Cordially,
Kevin


PM sent

IP: Logged

gt7
Member

Posts: 277
From: suffolk, va, usa
Registered: Feb 2006


Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2008 05:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for gt7Click Here to Email gt7Send a Private Message to gt7Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

skitime, i'd like some price info, too (i'm not a tire kicker either). also, what kind of gas mileage does the sc3800 get?

------------------
Tom
Suffolk, Va
87 Gt 350-5spd

IP: Logged

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 18 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Post New Topic  Post A Reply
Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay



Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock