Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  A history of Skitimes car (Page 11)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 18 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
A history of Skitimes car by skitime
Started on: 02-04-2003 09:34 PM
Replies: 717 (103848 views)
Last post by: litespd on 07-05-2023 12:54 PM
Kameo Kid

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2004 11:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kameo KidSend a Private Message to Kameo KidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Was that the cause of the noise that you've had for sometime now?

edit: i own the page

[This message has been edited by Kameo Kid (edited 08-21-2004).]

IP: Logged
summerjim

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2004 05:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for summerjimClick Here to visit summerjim's HomePageSend a Private Message to summerjimEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by skitime:

Does the thermostat work with coolant flowing the opposite direction through the Fiero thermostat housing?

skitime

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 332
Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2004 08:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skitimeSend a Private Message to skitimeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by summerjim:

Does the thermostat work with coolant flowing the opposite direction through the Fiero thermostat housing?

Good question. I am only using the Fiero thermostat housing for a filler. The thermostat is still in the 3800 engine in the stock location.

------------------

Red 88 GT T-Top 3800 INTERCOOLED SUPERCHARGED
White 88 GT Stock
Please give me a rating if you appreciate my contribution.
History of Skitimes Car

[This message has been edited by skitime (edited 08-31-2004).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2004 11:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Ski

Have you done or are you planning to do anything with your stock white 88 GT ??

Would you ever consider modding up a second car to the extent or beyond your red one ??

That is one sweet ride !

skitime

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2004 06:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for skitimeSend a Private Message to skitimeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

Ski

Would you ever consider modding up a second car to the extent or beyond your red one ??

That is one sweet ride !

At this time the white GT remains stock, it is a good clean GT and even won first place at Carlisle in the Stock 88 GT class. I do sometime think of doing an engine conversion to it but keeping the stock look.

TaurusThug

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2004 03:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TaurusThugSend a Private Message to TaurusThugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump.... i came to take pictures for a mid engined Video

------------------
'86 Fiero GT

My Fiero XoticRydz
Mid-Rear Madness

skitime

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2004 04:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skitimeSend a Private Message to skitimeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cool send me copy if you can. Oh and thanks for the bump. I am always afraid this will be sent to the archives.
Kameo Kid

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2004 09:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kameo KidSend a Private Message to Kameo KidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
someone was in need of you under car light design

free bump

Saber49

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 86
Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2004 11:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Saber49Send a Private Message to Saber49Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well now that i finnally have an account here i must express my feelings towards this car... Its Amazing plain and simple. Ski you have no idea how much you influence some of the choices i make when im working on my car. (which is not to say im copying your car) however i picked the West Coast Fiero Tips right after i saw yours, they are truely awsome... Thanks Its been an awsome build up.

------------------

Ken86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2004 12:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Ken86GTSend a Private Message to Ken86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The Fiero is nearly perfectly flat from the bottom of the rocker panel to the opposite rocker panel. So how could I mount them with out them being seen? Some tuck the bulbs into a tight crevice right behind the rocker panel. The problem with this is that it creates a sharp cut off of the light instead of a soft glow across the ground. What I came up with worked out great. I bought some 1-½ wide aluminum straps. I remove the fasteners along the bottom of the rocker panel and mounted the long straps painted black along the length of the rocker panel.

This piece does two things. It blocks the view of the bulb and provides a “bumper” to help protect the bulb. Since the strap is black it is almost totally unnoticeable. Most people never see it unless I point it out and even then they always go over to see it close up. The side bulbs are mounted about 5 inches from the rocker panel. The rear bulb was easily mounted between the trunk compartment and the rear bumper skin.

Sorry I have had a real hard time getting good pictures of the car with the neon lights on.

Was wondering if your car is lowered at all and if it's safe to really drive it around with the lights underneath it.

I apologize if either of these questions have been answered, but I've been reading this post from start to page 5 for the past few hours and have been absolutely awestruck by your Fiero. I can honestly say yours is now my favorite because of your eye for perfection and skill to carry it out. I would love to one day see this beauty in person.

Thanks in advance.

WingNut - MD

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2004 06:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WingNut - MDClick Here to visit WingNut - MD's HomePageSend a Private Message to WingNut - MDEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:
edit to fix quote tags

I learn something new here everyday.

I have got to see a pic of the White GT. Can you give us some details on the car? I know I'm a broken record on this, but keep that one stock since the red one is your toy.

[This message has been edited by WingNut - MD (edited 10-01-2004).]

PFF
System Bot
fiero go fast

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2004 10:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero go fastSend a Private Message to fiero go fastEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dave, you going to be at tech day? If so, can you give me a ride, or is the tranny situation not fixed yet? I've yet to actually get a ride in it... or any non 2.8 v6 for that matter. Surely it would make my day/weekend.

Matt

TwoTimer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2004 11:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TwoTimerSend a Private Message to TwoTimerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Skitime I just wanted to say that your car is mind blowing and the time and attention to detail you have put into your car is great.
Ive been trying to figure out what engine swap to do and was leaning towards the 3.4 cause like you i want my car to look "stock"
but reading this thread and looking at your pics have made up my mind for sure. If someone didnt know better they would think that
your car came from the factory with that motor in it. Like i said its a great job!!
skitime

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2004 12:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skitimeSend a Private Message to skitimeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Saber49:

Well now that i finnally have an account here i must express my feelings towards this car... Its Amazing plain and simple. Ski you have no idea how much you influence some of the choices i make when im working on my car. (which is not to say im copying your car) however i picked the West Coast Fiero Tips right after i saw yours, they are truely awsome... Thanks Its been an awsome build up.

Thanks for the kind words.

skitime

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2004 12:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skitimeSend a Private Message to skitimeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

skitime

5765 posts
Member since Aug 2000

Originally posted by Ken86GT:

Was wondering if your car is lowered at all and if it's safe to really drive it around with the lights underneath it.

I apologize if either of these questions have been answered, but I've been reading this post from start to page 5 for the past few hours and have been absolutely awestruck by your Fiero. I can honestly say yours is now my favorite because of your eye for perfection and skill to carry it out. I would love to one day see this beauty in person.
Thanks in advance.

My car is not lowered however most people that look at my car think it is. Probably because the front spoiler makes it appear lower. It does set slightly lower than our other stock 88 GT. Driveways certainly do cause a hazard. I did scrap the side metal I added to protect the lights and block the view of the lights but so far the lights are fine.

Thanks for the compliments. I too hope we meet someday.

[This message has been edited by skitime (edited 10-01-2004).]

skitime

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2004 12:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skitimeSend a Private Message to skitimeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

skitime

5765 posts
Member since Aug 2000

Originally posted by fiero go fast:

Dave, you going to be at tech day? If so, can you give me a ride, or is the tranny situation not fixed yet? I've yet to actually get a ride in it... or any non 2.8 v6 for that matter. Surely it would make my day/weekend.

Matt

Yes, I am planning to go to the tech day. I am modifiying some things on my engine while it was out so it is not on the road yet. Currently I am getting a ride with IronDuke 88 in his Fiero and Vonnie is driving her GT up when she gets off work so I am sorry but I can't give you a ride in my car this time.

skitime

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2004 12:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skitimeSend a Private Message to skitimeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

skitime

5765 posts
Member since Aug 2000

Originally posted by TwoTimer:

Skitime I just wanted to say that your car is mind blowing and the time and attention to detail you have put into your car is great.
Ive been trying to figure out what engine swap to do and was leaning towards the 3.4 cause like you i want my car to look "stock"
but reading this thread and looking at your pics have made up my mind for sure. If someone didnt know better they would think that
your car came from the factory with that motor in it. Like i said its a great job!!

Thanks very much. You know sometimes I actually have to argue with non-FIero people at cruise-ins that my engine is not stock. Or they will say they did not know it ever came with a supercharger in a Fiero.

skitime

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2004 12:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skitimeSend a Private Message to skitimeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

skitime

5765 posts
Member since Aug 2000

[b]Originally posted by WingNut - MD:/[b]

I have got to see a pic of the White GT. Can you give us some details on the car? I know I'm a broken record on this, but keep that one stock since the red one is your toy.

WingNut that has been my attitude as well but somedays I look at it and think it could be an awesome sleeper with a V8 in it. Details on the car? It has been a daily driver until last summer. 98,000 miles. Vonnies car has won lots of trophies and probably the best one was First Place in a large "88GT only" class at Carlisle. It has factory 88 leather seats that I added seat heaters into them. The car is very clean but the white paint is getting tired.

[This message has been edited by skitime (edited 10-01-2004).]

flyboy367

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2004 10:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for flyboy367Send a Private Message to flyboy367Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i sent you a pm. unbelivable work man, it really looks awsome. i own a gtp and i do alot of work on 3800 engines for freinds. i have never seen anyone do the fuel rails like you did. if you have some more pics and its not to much trouble could you email them to me? im planning a l67 (3800 supercharged) swap into a 3rd gen camaro and i want to make it real mean but very showy under the hood. plus i dont feel like shelling out gobs of cash for the billit rails.

------------------
Comparing imports to domestics is like comparing man to women. You know which one has the balls and which one doesn't -D

My tires hold ground like the French army -D

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2004 11:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Man i almost wish somebody would just give Ski another fiero so we could watch him work his magic again !

TaurusThug

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2004 01:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TaurusThugSend a Private Message to TaurusThugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
im sure that someone has a fiero that they want to get rid of... i remember a few weeks/months back a few people were saying that they were giving them away or they were gone period.

[This message has been edited by TaurusThug (edited 10-19-2004).]

PFF
System Bot
Sunflash

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2004 09:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SunflashSend a Private Message to SunflashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you Skitime for taking the time and effort to post all that you have. I have spent all my free time during dinner and lunch breaks here at work reading it for the last three days. It may sound strange but you have givin me yet another wonderful image/reason to keep focused on my duties. With my upcoming deployment and a quickly deteriorating marriage seeing you car has revived my desire to build the fiero I alwase wanted since I gave mine to a freind in need when I left for basic a few years ago. Thank you so much for what you have given to everyone to see and enjoy and implement. Oh and if you couldn't tell I LOVE YOUR CAR!!
skitime

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2004 06:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for skitimeSend a Private Message to skitimeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You are very welcome and thank you for your reponse. I am honored to be the subject of your first post. Reactions like this make all the time and effort put in this thread worthwile.
TaurusThug

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2004 01:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TaurusThugSend a Private Message to TaurusThugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
keeping it out of the archvies....
NotGonnaLose2Rice
From: Hurricane and Earthquake free Michigan (thats about all the benefits)

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2004 01:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NotGonnaLose2RiceSend a Private Message to NotGonnaLose2RiceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You are truly taleneted! You have given me so many ideas. Keep up the good work and keep posting.
John Boelte

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2004 02:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for John BoelteSend a Private Message to John BoelteEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Great write up Ski! I was looking for some info on a 3800 swap and got sooo much more! I'd also like to thank the guy (sorry, I forgot your name!) who put it all into a HUGE word document and made available to download; good job and thank you. It's amazing that this thread has been around for so long!
VISCERAL

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2004 09:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VISCERALSend a Private Message to VISCERALEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Where did you get that 4" rubber hose from? Thanks.

My new air intake tube is awesome. It is heavy rubber with a steel coil inside to prevent collapse.

The custom rubber hose is so much better than PVC or metal. It reduces the heat transferred to the inside and does not transmit vibrations.

And here is the competed view through the engine-viewing window. The supercharger sure looks sweeter being 2 1/4 inches closer to the glass.

The last thing I have done was change the stock fuel pump to the 1989 Turbo Trans Am fuel pump. It will allow the pump to keep up with the higher demand of this engine.

So this is up to date I believe. Yes I still got lots of plans for the car. I need to get it dialed in with a new ECM chip burned for this engine setup. I have a few other ideas I might develop. I am planning to go to the 20th Anniversary Show and hope to meet lots of new people. Please stop by and check it out. Let me know what you think.

skitime

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2004 09:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skitimeSend a Private Message to skitimeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by NotGonnaLose2Rice:

You are truly taleneted! You have given me so many ideas. Keep up the good work and keep posting.

Originally posted by John Boelte:

Great write up Ski! I was looking for some info on a 3800 swap and got sooo much more! I'd also like to thank the guy (sorry, I forgot your name!) who put it all into a HUGE word document and made available to download; good job and thank you. It's amazing that this thread has been around for so long!

Thanks , I appreciate your comments.

Originally posted by VISCERAL:

Where did you get that 4" rubber hose from? Thanks.

I have a supplier for them. They are very expensive ($100 + shipping) but are the best thing for this application. I have not checked with the supplier for months to see if they would still be available.

[This message has been edited by skitime (edited 11-14-2004).]

BlueGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2004 10:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlueGTSend a Private Message to BlueGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The amazing Skitime thread lives on!

------------------
BlueGT

FieroVision

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-27-2004 06:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroVisionSend a Private Message to FieroVisionEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Poppa don't preach .. I've made up my mind ..I’m keeping my Fiero. lol Well after looking over this post, your car, and a few others ....I'm going to continue fixing up my first Fireo. I was going to just drive it for a few months while saving some $$$ and then buy a new G35 coupe.

But you got me sooooo tuned up .. I have to go with my dreams of building my own sweet ride. I was into restoring cars a bunch of years back. I did a ground up restore on a 67 Conv't Camaro and a 68 Firebird. I then got into bikes, and did some monster work on 4 bikes I had. I gave up my rented 3 car garage, sold off a lot of tools and shop stuff... and hung up my wrench.

Being very creative kills the bank account ... and I guess I'll go broke again with this new toy. I now know I bought the wrong car to start with. So, I'm just gunna get this one in good running order, and then buy an 88 notch. I want AC, power windows, locks, mirrors, & cruise. So, for now I'll just make this my reg. driver. I only go 3 miles both ways to work. .. You have one sweet ride there .... I thank you and all the others who give so much help to people on this forum, looking for ideas and help. .. Best of luck with your baby ... Look out !!! I'll be in a few shows some time soon ... now I have to get a garage damn you!!!

skitime

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-27-2004 09:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skitimeSend a Private Message to skitimeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Glad I could help.......I think. Keep up posted on your progress.
PFF
System Bot
summerjim

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2004 08:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for summerjimClick Here to visit summerjim's HomePageSend a Private Message to summerjimEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

What's keeping the heater core feed elbow from just popping out of the intake? Do you have a retaining clip or something to hold it in?

skitime

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2004 10:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skitimeSend a Private Message to skitimeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yep
summerjim

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2004 12:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for summerjimClick Here to visit summerjim's HomePageSend a Private Message to summerjimEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Could you post a picture of it and how it mounts? Thanks Dave
84Fiero2M4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2004 09:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84Fiero2M4Send a Private Message to 84Fiero2M4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I love your car Skitime, you are a inspiration to us all!

------------------
http://www.outpimp.com/?x=461381 http://www.mistreetscene.org http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/570222

DotTC

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2005 09:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DotTCClick Here to visit DotTC's HomePageSend a Private Message to DotTCEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 84Fiero2M4:

Amen.

------------------
1988 Aero 88 coupe.. 2.8l v6.. more mods to come.
FieroNews.com - Photo Gallery - Fiero Links
I am the signature virus, please put me in your signature so I can spread

skitime

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2005 10:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skitimeSend a Private Message to skitimeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 84Fiero2M4:

Your and DotTC comments are much appreciated. Thanks for the bump too. Hate to see this thread go to archives.

fiero67

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 107
Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2005 06:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero67Send a Private Message to fiero67Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This thread is in my favorites and Im sure it is also in others too, ski!

You arent going to be arc'ed. John

------------------

Project88GT build up thread

AaronZ34

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 408
User Banned

Report this Post03-27-2005 04:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AaronZ34Click Here to visit AaronZ34's HomePageSend a Private Message to AaronZ34Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm jealous.
Fierokid87

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 80
Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2005 04:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierokid87Send a Private Message to Fierokid87Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by AaronZ34:

I'm jealous.

I think we all are.

------------------
Go here to see more of my Formula: " TARGET=_blank>http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/430754

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 18 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock