Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  "concept GTR" dash build-up...Fie Ro style! ;) (Page 9)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 14 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
"concept GTR" dash build-up...Fie Ro style! ;) by Fie Ro
Started on: 10-30-2004 01:28 PM
Replies: 550 (109574 views)
Last post by: Rickady88GT on 11-27-2018 06:07 PM
Sharkman

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2005 04:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SharkmanSend a Private Message to SharkmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I love the work you have done soo far.
And nice color on the car as well.

------------------
Regards SHARKMAN
86 GT, 3.4 Camaro engine,
choptop # 1 in Europe/Sweden

IP: Logged
Skybax

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 78
Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2005 02:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SkybaxSend a Private Message to SkybaxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fie-Ro is the best Fiero mod designer / fabricator in the Fiero community hands down.

Nobody comes close.

And most importantly... he does it with class.

3.8T

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2005 10:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 3.8TClick Here to visit 3.8T's HomePageSend a Private Message to 3.8TEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
man that interior looks awesome!
Yellow87FieroGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2005 03:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Yellow87FieroGTSend a Private Message to Yellow87FieroGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for posting again - I'm glad to hear you are willing to post more regarding your interior.

Your exterior mods look pretty cool too.

lilman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2005 06:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lilmanClick Here to visit lilman's HomePageSend a Private Message to lilmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I must say this is an amazing project you have going. I have been debating buying a Fiero on and off for about 6 months. This conferms my thoughs that this will be an amazing project car. You are truly a genious. I have no where the same amount of artistic talent such as yourself. You mind if I steal some of your ideas for my car? (ie shift boot).
magot

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-27-2005 01:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for magotSend a Private Message to magotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bump, what's new? looking good man
DreXteR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-27-2005 01:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DreXteRClick Here to visit DreXteR's HomePageSend a Private Message to DreXteREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice car, well done.

By any chance, you know hiw much the GT rear clip weights?

Thanks
Dre

jb1

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2005 12:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jb1Send a Private Message to jb1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ihope u plan on making molds and possiably offering this forsale, it and th e front clip would be awesome upgrade options, shippingonly bad thing

------------------

87 GT
series 1 3800sc (7.597 @88.53 1.579 60ft)
86 GT Archie F40 Style Body kit
SBC / 5sp

F-I-E-R-O

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2005 02:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F-I-E-R-OSend a Private Message to F-I-E-R-OEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey, any updates? Bump!
Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2005 03:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry, Ive been pretty occupied with (re!)finishing the body buildup...I'll try to get the interior buildup going again..I hope within a few weeks...if theres an update I'll post it here. Thanks for the nice words
buddycraigg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 478
Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2005 04:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for buddycraiggSend a Private Message to buddycraiggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
hmmmm
PFF
System Bot
F-I-E-R-O

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2006 03:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F-I-E-R-OSend a Private Message to F-I-E-R-OEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's be a few weeeeeeeeeeeeekkkkkkkkkkkssssssssssssssssssssssssss....

------------------
For the latest Fiero apparel and accessories, please visit my online store Fiero Lives Online

Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2006 05:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
its just too cold now to have fun making parts....so theres not much fabrication but theres enough other stuff to figure out: I still want to make the TT cluster work with the fiero and I am shopping around for goodies to get my engineswap going.......faster hope to receive stuff like a zzp stage2 IC and 3.0/2.8/2.6 MPS and snout soon.....but it will be a challenge to get everything running...

Heres some semi-interior thingie I am working on

Carswell...Wellscar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2006 07:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Carswell...WellscarSend a Private Message to Carswell...WellscarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i'm guessing that the last pic of a pic of your replacement part for the fisher body door thing lol ...looks good ..keep up dating plz lol

matt

BITBYFIEROBUG

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2006 10:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BITBYFIEROBUGSend a Private Message to BITBYFIEROBUGEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump...any new progress?

By the way, I hate the fact that you're a better fiberglasser than me. God I'm envious.

My fiance also says you're ruining our relationship because I spend to much time analizing your build ups.

------------------
Live Like You Were Dying

FieroGTRwideboby

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2006 03:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGTRwidebobyClick Here to visit FieroGTRwideboby's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroGTRwidebobyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I jut had a quick question for you, when you are doing the carbon fiber, what type of resin are you using, I've looked into it but just figured to ask you. The peices came out great and, I though you could elaborate on the processs if you get some time. thank

Great WORK

------------------
There's two types of cars in the world, Fieros and everything else.

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2006 09:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Starving for an update.

Feed us !

Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2006 02:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry I am still in my wintersleep so most of the time I just lurk around here...
.. slowly working out a few ideas though and theres still a pile of need-to-build-stuff to keep me busy when the weather gets better. In the meantime I will play with some gathering toys on my table

HI-TECH

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 123
Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2006 03:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HI-TECHClick Here to visit HI-TECH's HomePageSend a Private Message to HI-TECHEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
elbumpo for de updateo :P
cire36

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2006 07:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cire36Send a Private Message to cire36Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah, what he said. Updateo
ibcruzn

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-08-2006 09:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ibcruznSend a Private Message to ibcruznEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I really love what you have done so far.
PFF
System Bot
Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2006 08:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here is littelo updateo... I havent done much this winter but I am slowly getting back to work. I finished the mold for the rightside dash frame (the inside is nice and smooth):

And I finally figured how to wire the relays for the window touchbuttons

I hope to put more time and work into this buildup this spring....

1986 Fiero GT

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2006 08:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1986 Fiero GTSend a Private Message to 1986 Fiero GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Are those relays for one-touch down operation?
Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2006 09:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No I use them so I dont burn my pushbuttons and they are also for switching polarity to the windowmotors....Heres a bit more why and how:
//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/071287.html
//www.fiero.nl/forum/Archives/Archive-000001/HTML/20060206-2-062039.html
Tusch

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2006 12:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TuschSend a Private Message to TuschEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump for a badass interior. Any updates?
Angel_Valentino

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2006 01:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Angel_ValentinoSend a Private Message to Angel_ValentinoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
DUde your work is HOT! By any cnance are you in Industrial Design? Oh yeah and I love the checkerplate on the floor, i always wanted to do that, how did you get it to fit so perfectly? Is it metal?
Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2006 02:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was just gonna post an update...
...just popped the right side frame from the mold yesterday:

now I can trim and blend some pieces that have been waiting:

heres a rough mockup:

somewhere in the process I figured the TT vent was 8cm diameter but in fact it needs a 9cm diameter housing, got it to fit nicely though, maybe it will look even better.
Still need to mount the windowbuttons relays, theyre ready to go

However, I need to pull the main dash sometime to re-cover it and touch up some stuff... that means pulling some other parts first so I am saving up some of these mods before installing them..

------------------

1987GT getting 'concept GTR' treatment...1-body buildup 2-interior buildup

[This message has been edited by Fie Ro (edited 03-27-2006).]

Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2006 03:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Fie Ro

3735 posts
Member since Sep 2001

Originally posted by Angel_Valentino:
DUde your work is HOT! By any cnance are you in Industrial Design? Oh yeah and I love the checkerplate on the floor, i always wanted to do that, how did you get it to fit so perfectly? Is it metal?

thanks, I am not in industrial design but "design" is part of my work and interest ....( I make broadcast TV leaders and program design as a job) I like to use my hands and actually build stuff in my freetime though...
The checkerplate on the floor: I got a piece of 1x2m (I think 2mm thick) aluminium plate from a metal shop and cut the shapes. I think I made some cardboard template first...Actually I had them on both sides untill I crashed my first GT almost 6 years ago, the right side was bent too much to get it back in shape

Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2006 02:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Some parts put together, needs some more smoothing and sanding but everything fits:

this should end up roughly about here:

It needs about an inch more to fit to the main dash and I have to cut part of the stock vent-thingie first and remove the stock vents...but not today The width and shapes line up great though

Tusch

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2006 02:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TuschSend a Private Message to TuschEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow, originally I thought this was going to look a little to "sci-fi" but this is AWESOME. Any ideas on the instrument clusters? Still plan on using the Audi cluster?

Keep the pics comming, they're amazing.

Fiero1Fan

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2006 02:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
An artist at work!!! Beautiful stuff!!
PFF
System Bot
MuStAnG

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2006 10:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MuStAnGSend a Private Message to MuStAnGEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey man I was directed to this site from another forum, I dont know much about Fiero's or anything, and am more into Mustang's myself, but thought that your build up is absolutely incredible. From the design to the actual build up it is incredible. My hat is off to you my friend, so keep up the good work as I am very interested in how the outcome turns out. Also I had a question as to what program you used to design the 3-D model.

Thanks a lot.

UCFieroCharger

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2006 12:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for UCFieroChargerSend a Private Message to UCFieroChargerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any news on the TT dash? I would be very interested in seeing how that would work out.
Tusch

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2006 10:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TuschSend a Private Message to TuschEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Another bump for a sweet project
Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2006 03:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes I still plan on using the TT cluster...but if I cant get it to work I consider some aftermarket gauges...maybe with this style cluster housing, sort of, maybe not... (this is a Noble M12)

Anyway, with easter weekend in sight I decided to pull out a few beers and the dash

Got it all out pretty quick and the interior looks drastically different now...lol
Some of the stuff I took out:

Reason: I need to do some refurbishing of the main dash first before I can proceed with the buildup. Trying to find the amount of cutting of the original vent and a comparison with the new addon:

After all that work it still isnt that far off the original shapes....lol

Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2006 03:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Fie Ro

3735 posts
Member since Sep 2001
Sort of how its gonna fit:

On to the main dash fresh-up, lining up the piece of vinyl for the recovery

Lets get dirty and sticky

It took some attention to get it all in shape and stay in shape....while the glue slowly dried I repainted the windshield vent frame and cut some new mesh for the vent...also cut the openings for the speakergrills and windshield vent from the vinyl.

Looks pretty neat!

One more thing, I need to redo the speakergrills now. This is the same cloth from the same roll (I did them about 5 years ago) looks its worthy to do again

madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2006 04:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice. That bring back similar memories of my choptop dash. Like I've always said, "nothings wrong with the original dash...it just need a minor tweaking."

Keep up the good work.

------------------

"Anyone can make a copy of something, it may look good but it ever is the real car, make something from your imagination, something unique, something nobody has, anything is possible and, ideas can be a reality."

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2006 04:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Now that is a really cool tweek to the stock dash !

I will definatly try that on my project GT.

------------------

1985SE chopped and dropped/ V-8 Archie Choptop #4
1986GT
1986 coupe 2M4

magot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2006 05:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for magotSend a Private Message to magotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
sweet, looks good. I was hoping for a update.
Gokart Mozart

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2006 10:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fie Ro:
Looks pretty neat!

Looking good but I'm wondering about the reflection on the windshield.

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 14 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock