Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  "concept GTR" dash build-up...Fie Ro style! ;) (Page 14)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 14 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
"concept GTR" dash build-up...Fie Ro style! ;) by Fie Ro
Started on: 10-30-2004 01:28 PM
Replies: 550 (109603 views)
Last post by: Rickady88GT on 11-27-2018 06:07 PM
carbon

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2009 08:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
More more its been almost a year on this thread!!!

I noticed that the concept GTR thread is still going... looking good man.

Woot... page 14

[This message has been edited by carbon (edited 07-01-2009).]

IP: Logged
johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2009 07:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We Need Updates On This Build As Well!!!!
Austrian Import

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2009 07:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fie Ro:

http://www.thehoffmangroup.com/ButtonBuilder/

Fie RO, I think those buttons might look really good with your dash. (Could be an update from the ones you're using now, as these allow for etched logos/lettering)

btw. how's the Fiero project going?
Is the car tucked away for the winter, or are you working on it still?

[This message has been edited by Austrian Import (edited 12-23-2009).]

grkboy707

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2010 10:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for grkboy707Send a Private Message to grkboy707Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any updates? I just found this thread, and realized you have the coolest looking Fiero ever. Is the interior finished, or the exterior painted? I would love to see this work of art complete.
carnut122

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2010 11:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is still my all-time favorite Fiero interior! Unfortunately, my next interior upgrade will be to color match all of mine with the Beechwwod paint I bought from the Fiero Store. Will you be/are you selling fiberglass pieces from your molds?
carnut122

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2010 01:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ahhhh, the inspiration worked. I sprayed the Beechwood paint this morning! Thanks!
War Hammer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2010 10:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for War HammerSend a Private Message to War HammerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fie Ro,

U R the man! I hope to see your car in person 1 Day. Check mine out this weekend.

Paul
radar1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2010 12:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for radar1Send a Private Message to radar1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
may i ask where did you buy the TT gear surround and boot, im trying to get one for my 84 rebuild but they want massive amounts of money for one ex germany.
troyboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2011 10:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump
Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2011 05:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
*bumping*

Fie RO, are you still visiting this forum? Any updates?
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2011 02:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

This awesome thread has been quiet waaaaaay too long.

dying to see the end result.

Fie Ro you out there ?!?
PFF
System Bot
BV MotorSports

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 189
Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2012 07:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Woohoo, I made something electrical and it works!

Why did I read that with Jeremy Clarksons voice? AWESOME work BTW.
Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2012 01:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
updates?
Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2013 05:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ttt
88formulafastback

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2014 03:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88formulafastbackSend a Private Message to 88formulafastbackEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
just discovered this thread.. holy god. would love to see an update. anyone know if he ever finished the car?
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2014 08:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
6 years, no updates. Fie Ro, you still with us?
Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2014 04:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am still here,and lurking almost every day
I bought a house a few years ago and built an inhouse garage and workshop, all completed now with lighting, heating, electricity and hot/cold water. Since my girlfriend moved in last year the garage got filled with stuff I need to get rid off . I hope to get the Fiero moved in within a few months to restart some progress...
Steven Snyder

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 106
Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2014 05:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Steven SnyderClick Here to visit Steven Snyder's HomePageSend a Private Message to Steven SnyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I am still here,and lurking almost every day
I bought a house a few years ago and built an inhouse garage and workshop, all completed now with lighting, heating, electricity and hot/cold water. Since my girlfriend moved in last year the garage got filled with stuff I need to get rid off . I hope to get the Fiero moved in within a few months to restart some progress...

Congrats on the house! Nice to hear you're still around. I've been watching your build since it began...
Gambit

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2014 03:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GambitSend a Private Message to GambitEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi Fie Ro, i am also looking forward to see this dash and car complete. Daniel had said that you are still willing to complete the Fiero.
We in the NL can't wait to see it. Good luck mate
RCR

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2014 06:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome back (to the posting ranks). Always loved your builds. Looking forward to seeing some updates.

Bob
carnut122

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2014 08:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You've had a month to clean out that garage. Any progress?

[This message has been edited by carnut122 (edited 03-15-2014).]

PFF
System Bot
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2015 02:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
He's baaaaack ! 😜
EARLY86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2015 10:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for EARLY86GTSend a Private Message to EARLY86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
New kid here....I just want to say that you have a great skill set.. Very nice interior update!

I look forward to seeing the end results.... PS women are the best.... They fulfill are lives with happiness and some other stuff too.
2tone86gt

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2015 06:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2tone86gtSend a Private Message to 2tone86gtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I dig the interior you have been working on.. any chance to spice up the computer monitor looking thing behind the gauges? Like eliminate it and put something more modern in place?
Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2015 01:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2tone86gt:

I dig the interior you have been working on.. any chance to spice up the computer monitor looking thing behind the gauges? Like eliminate it and put something more modern in place?

I am not sure you are talking about the instrument cluster or the Ipod I photoshopped into the armrest (as an idea)

I will go through the instrument cluster options I had anyway Through the years I decided these were the options:
First option back in the days was going to aftermarket gauges and I liked the Autometer Carbon line, like these:

Then, after using Audi TT vents and shifter for the interior I thought a TT cluster was better looking and more appealing then other clusters at that time, so I bought one, the version with anolog sensor inputs and without CANbus stuff. The plan was to try to make it work with my upcoming engineswap:

Not sure if that was going to work I also looked into racing dashes like the Dash2 which sells for about $500 and should do everything I wanted for a more fair price than others:

I have a partially installed and modified 3800SC2 in my Fiero, I have a Powrtuner interface to basemap and tune it when all is done. That is also why I am looking to hook up the dash with the OBD2 port of the ECM. Less wires and data directly from the ECM. So it is possible a tablet running Torque or simmilar to display information from the OBD2 bus and choose screen layouts:

[/CODE]

[This message has been edited by Fie Ro (edited 11-10-2015).]

2tone86gt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2015 08:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2tone86gtSend a Private Message to 2tone86gtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not the cluster but the surround portion that reminds me of an old computer monitor which always seemed out of place in the car.
Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2015 03:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2tone86gt:

Not the cluster but the surround portion that reminds me of an old computer monitor which always seemed out of place in the car.

Yes I will be redesining that part anyway, but some of the analog wiring like blinkers/headlight etc. need to be placed somewhere apart from the tablet with obd2 engine info, also some additional buttons need to be incorperated. I made some sketches but I will only start to build it when it is finally clear what is really needed to build that cluster, which buttons and the final design. The housing will be adapted to that and the rest of the design. Which still is a hint to the original Fiero design but with a twist. It is easier to swap a modern dash in and be done but I like to go from the ugly square 80's dash and try to take it 20 years further...
My idea is to respect the legacy but take it to the future...
2tone86gt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2015 03:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2tone86gtSend a Private Message to 2tone86gtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cool, can't wait to see it. Carry on.
johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2016 09:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So have there been any updates on your car? We haven't heard news in so long!!!!
Habanera Hal

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2018 06:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Habanera HalSend a Private Message to Habanera HalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Anything new? Never saw a pic of the finished left side of the dash? Are you making pieces for sale?
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post11-27-2018 06:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I really like the work you have done, great job.
I still have not finished the interior of my LS4 GT. And I think this thread has give me much inspiration.
PFF
System Bot
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 14 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock