Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  The Official VR6 Engine Swap (Page 19)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 19 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
The Official VR6 Engine Swap by bmwguru
Started on: 12-16-2007 01:38 PM
Replies: 727 (108929 views)
Last post by: bmwguru on 08-02-2015 04:21 AM
bmwguru

Feedback score:    (38)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2014 05:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bmwguruClick Here to visit bmwguru's HomePageSend a Private Message to bmwguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by kennn:

Have you seen or taken apart a W-12 motor? I would love to see one of those apart similar to your V-6. Fascinating concept, the W-12, and a wondrous execution. It's likely that there may not be enough room in your car for one of those, no? :-)

Ken

I haven't worked on a W12 yet. Lots of V10's V12's W8's and other not so normal ones though. I almost went with the W8 for my orange car, but the aftermarket support and availability left a lot to be desired.

Dave
IP: Logged
bmwguru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2014 05:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bmwguruClick Here to visit bmwguru's HomePageSend a Private Message to bmwguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I spent a few hours this weekend and got the engine back in the car. It should be up and running after about two hours more. Probably tomorrow...

Assembling. I ported the exhaust manifolds.

Then the heat shield...

It is all bolted to the cradle and ready to go back in...

back inside...in the future I will probably add a master plug to allow a one connection electrical plug to drop the engine. Right now the intake has to come off to get at the injectors and some of the sensors.

It only took seven years to finally find the time to turn the VW logo and VR6 emblem to face the rear.

more to come.....
bmwguru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2015 09:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bmwguruClick Here to visit bmwguru's HomePageSend a Private Message to bmwguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The new engine was completed prior to Winter. I purchased new rims and tires for it as well. No change in the design, just an exact match that was on the car. The one wheel had a blemish on it that bothered me. The old wheels and tires got moved over to my blue GT with new tires added on to them.
I took the car out for the first time this year and I really can't believe how nice it drives. I have driven more than 3 dozen different Fieros and this one handles great, the interior is so quiet (with all the added Dynamat) and the car just has that modern feel to it.

I plan on taking it out to the local cruises and events the rest of this year.

Here are the installed engine pics:

Tweeter

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2015 02:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TweeterSend a Private Message to TweeterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ever think about blue plug wires?
bmwguru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2015 04:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bmwguruClick Here to visit bmwguru's HomePageSend a Private Message to bmwguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tweeter:

Ever think about blue plug wires?

It would keep with the theme. Maybe in the near future, I will change them out.

Dave
IVANNATINKLE

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2015 07:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IVANNATINKLESend a Private Message to IVANNATINKLEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
looking good as always! any chance we could get some new videos?
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2015 02:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IVANNATINKLE:

any chance we could get some new videos?

Yeah, make sure it includes some quality audio of you putting your foot into it under load.
bmwguru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2015 04:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bmwguruClick Here to visit bmwguru's HomePageSend a Private Message to bmwguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sounds like a plan. The sound of the car is absolutely the best part of this swap.

Dave
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 19 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock