Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  SAVE THE DATE! 35th Anniversary Show is a GO!!! (Page 1)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 8 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
SAVE THE DATE! 35th Anniversary Show is a GO!!! by carbon
Started on: 03-06-2016 12:05 AM
Replies: 303 (16003 views)
Last post by: Midwest Fiero Clubs on 10-10-2018 10:43 AM
carbon

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2016 12:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

More details will be released as they become available!
Midwest Fiero Clubs Facebook Page
MWFC on the web

[This message has been edited by carbon (edited 08-21-2016).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
mmeyer86gt/gtp

Feedback score:    (161)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 73
Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2016 01:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mmeyer86gt/gtpSend a Private Message to mmeyer86gt/gtpEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ok things to do suggestions:

navigational rally
pontiac museum
catipillar museum tour
golf outting
slowest drag race
peoria speed way
.... anyone else?
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2016 08:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Awesome!
Tom Slick

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2016 09:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom SlickSend a Private Message to Tom SlickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sweet!
fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 258
Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2016 09:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That is great news!
FieroMontreal

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2016 12:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMontrealSend a Private Message to FieroMontrealEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Can't wait! Thanks for setting this up guys!
FieroMaster88

Feedback score:    (43)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2016 12:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I hope I can make this one!

------------------

88 Coupe: 2.0L Turbo 4 Cylinder, W2A, T25 Turbo, water/meth injection
84 Indy #64: Restoration Project
01 BMW 525i: daily driver

lorennerol

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2016 04:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lorennerolSend a Private Message to lorennerolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I won't be able to make it: Not enough advance notice

Thanks for organizing and getting the word out early!
steve308

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2016 06:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mmeyer86gt/gtp:

ok things to do suggestions:

navigational rally
pontiac museum
catipillar museum tour
golf outting
slowest drag race
peoria speed way

.... anyone else?

most people you can get into a FIERO with the doors and t-top / sun roof closed.
x-thumpr-x

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2016 06:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for x-thumpr-xSend a Private Message to x-thumpr-xEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We will be there, just need to get the other car built for the show too.
Heretic

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2016 02:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HereticSend a Private Message to HereticEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Would love to make it down for this, lots of time to plan!

------------------

PFF
System Bot
IwannaIRM

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2016 11:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IwannaIRMSend a Private Message to IwannaIRMEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Will do everything possible to make it to this one...missed the last one and regret it. If I can talk the wife into it we'll be bringing two Fieros...let's see...lol

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2016 12:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Curtisk1060

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2016 04:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Curtisk1060Send a Private Message to Curtisk1060Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Probably too early yet, but do you think this hotel or others will give Fiero owners a price break? Any show deals? etc. for the event.. Curtis
LostNotForgotton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2016 10:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LostNotForgottonClick Here to visit LostNotForgotton's HomePageSend a Private Message to LostNotForgottonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That sounds like it would be fun and with this much advance notice I should be able to work out the logistics. I'll see if I can bring my Blue 87GT and 88 MERA (#8013).

------------------
87 Fiero GT 3.4 Pushrod with 7730 ECM & DIS
88 MERA #8013
85 Fiero SE with 3.1 pushrod
86 Fiero SE 2.8 stock
www.youtube.com/LostNotForgotton

sardonyx247

Feedback score:    (88)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 218
Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2016 04:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sardonyx247Click Here to visit sardonyx247's HomePageSend a Private Message to sardonyx247Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Why does it have to be on the other side of the country? Why not a west side anniversary? If it's not at the plant in MI, just saying.
Jfrost

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2016 09:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JfrostSend a Private Message to JfrostEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sardonyx247:

Why does it have to be on the other side of the country? Why not a west side anniversary? If it's not at the plant in MI, just saying.

It's a central location which makes it easier for more to attend.

------------------
Project L67 Fiero

sardonyx247

Feedback score:    (88)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 218
Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2016 02:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sardonyx247Click Here to visit sardonyx247's HomePageSend a Private Message to sardonyx247Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jfrost:

That's not central, it is still on the other side of the country.

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2016 11:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
For the most part its central. It is also probably a central point between known Fiero enthusiasts. If it were west coast for example, you'd still have people wanting to come from Florida, Maine, and Canada, etc. It also has to do with what clubs are organized and willing enough to volunteer to pull it off for us all.
pro street dave

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2016 01:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pro street daveSend a Private Message to pro street daveEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I hope to be there.
Bob2112

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2016 05:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Bob2112Send a Private Message to Bob2112Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Awesome - hoping to make this since the in-law's family reunion is in Michigan around the same time.

------------------
New Moon Rising - 1988 Black Formula
My Blue Heaven - 1965 Mustang Coupe

PFF
System Bot
carbon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2016 06:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sardonyx247:

A. There is no plant in Michigan, just sayin'
B. It's 3 hours further west than Indy was.
C. I'd like to call your attention to this logo:

The Midwestern locations for these MWFC organized anniversary shows are not chosen out of spite for our western friends. They are purely the product of the ability of our organizing committee to have feet on the ground, as it were. To do the legwork and contract negotiations with the venues and setup local activities for the weekend in those areas. The MWFC is formed up of Fiero enthusiasts who live in the Midwestern states. We, like most Fiero owners, are not rich folk that can jet around or pay a professional organizer to design and run a show remotely. This is our hobby, none of us are paid to make these 6-13 hour drives to planning meetings, but we do it willingly out of our love for the cars and the people we do it with.

That being said, we don't have a patent, let alone a lawyer on retention litigate against others, for getting together, laughing, spending a few nights in a hotel and tearing around in their Fieros, yet... In fact, IIRC there was a Golden Gate Fieros event around the same time we had the 30th in 2013. They were nice and scheduled it for a different date so as not to conflict with us so anyone that wanted to do the long haul thing and go to both events, could.

Pure class, that.

I will not take it personally if you don't feel it's worth the time and distance to attend, but damn, I'd love to see your Quad4 car in person if you still have it.

[This message has been edited by carbon (edited 03-09-2016).]

carbon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2016 06:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

carbon

4767 posts
Member since Apr 2004

Originally posted by Curtisk1060:

Probably too early yet, but do you think this hotel or others will give Fiero owners a price break? Any show deals? etc. for the event.. Curtis

We do our best to get discounted room rates for our events. I don't have any details on rates for the 35th yet.

At the 30th, the regular room rate was $150/night and our group rate was $95.

[This message has been edited by carbon (edited 03-09-2016).]

DanFiero

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2016 07:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanFieroSend a Private Message to DanFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

It also has to do with what clubs are organized and willing enough to volunteer to pull it off for us all.

Bingo!!! This has most of anything to do with it will be my guess. If someone wants to do the work to host an event of this magnitude on either coast than I'm sure the answer would be to knock yourself out. We have some extremely dedicated folks in this area with lots of talent and drive to pull this off and it does take years of planning to do it.

Dan

Christine

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2016 10:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ChristineSend a Private Message to ChristineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am planning to be there, should be a good time!
LornesGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2016 12:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LornesGTSend a Private Message to LornesGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
2.5 hours away for me so I am planning on being there as long as I get her back together.
Drew-py

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2016 11:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Drew-pySend a Private Message to Drew-pyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am going to be there. Made the 30th and will plan to make all others
Old Lar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2016 04:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've been to the 20th, the 25th and the 30th and plan to the there for the 35th. I stopped at the Pontiac museum last year in Pontiac Illinois, just driving around the country.
solotwo

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2016 04:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jfrost:

That is very true! POCI has the stats from years of conventions that show greater turn out when the conventions are held in the central and eastern mid west.

[This message has been edited by solotwo (edited 03-14-2016).]

solotwo

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2016 04:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

solotwo

5374 posts
Member since Jun 2002
It is a shame it that it couldn't be held at Gilmore Red Barns Museum. Lots of open grounds to show cars and lots of open area where kids could play.
Alex4mula

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2016 04:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is good. Way to far down the road for me to know but I would definitely may try to go to this one.
PFF
System Bot
carbon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2016 06:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by solotwo:

It is a shame it that it couldn't be held at Gilmore Red Barns Museum. Lots of open grounds to show cars and lots of open area where kids could play.

True, there are a lot of cool places out there to hold a car show, but there are exponentially fewer places to hold a car show and give the owners of 200+ cars somewhere to sleep without having to drive a couple of hours to different hotels...

Pros and cons...
CarolinaRigman

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2016 06:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CarolinaRigmanSend a Private Message to CarolinaRigmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Whether I can make it or not,(I Hope I can!) I would like to thank all the people it takes to volunteer
to organize a gathering of this magnitude! No pay and hours and days of planning and negotiating
all the logistics it takes to accomplish this!
There has never been a get together that was perfect ,so not to worry yourself.
We can adapt and overcome, that's how we got into this hobby!!
So thank You VERY MUCH!!!

Doug Meadows
Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2016 10:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by carbon:

True, there are a lot of cool places out there to hold a car show, but there are exponentially fewer places to hold a car show and give the owners of 200+ cars somewhere to sleep without having to drive a couple of hours to different hotels...

Pros and cons...

Do you offer camping? Yes, the Museum offers primitive camping for those who wish to plan an extended visit. Camping is $20.00 per night and visitors must register upon their arrival at our Museum Store. Admission is not included in the camping fees. - See more at: http://www.gilmorecarmuseum...sthash.hH8SsGqO.dpuf

http://www.gilmorecarmuseum...l-Accommodations.pdf
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2016 08:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Perhaps the organizers will do a better job this time as far as providing a listing of class awards......
Vernon8360

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2016 08:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Vernon8360Send a Private Message to Vernon8360Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That's a great suggestion. You should volunteer to take care of that task. I'm sure the organizers would appreciate the assistance.
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2016 12:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Or perhaps they could do it with the staff of volunteers they have from the area.....
MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2016 09:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by olejoedad:

Or perhaps they could do it with the staff of volunteers they have from the area.....

Food for thought: According to Google maps, you're only 5 hrs from the show. That's approximately 2 hours closer than the volunteers in our "area" who have been actively working on this since the 30th. (We were almost twice that distance from Indy).

The internet makes miles disapppear, and we need every volunteer out there to make this a successful event.

------------------

Looking for Fiero posters?

tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2016 10:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What do you need, that can be done via internet?
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2016 10:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MinnGreenGT:

Food for thought: According to Google maps, you're only 5 hrs from the show. That's approximately 2 hours closer than the volunteers in our "area" who have been actively working on this since the 30th. (We were almost twice that distance from Indy).

The internet makes miles disapppear, and we need every volunteer out there to make this a successful event.

Kudos to your group.
I'm sure their hard work will be appreciated.

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 8 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock