Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Is It Time For A Grand Rapids MI Fiero Club Yet? (Page 7)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 10 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Is It Time For A Grand Rapids MI Fiero Club Yet? by Snapperhead
Started on: 03-02-2014 09:30 AM
Replies: 365 (5440 views)
Last post by: solotwo on 12-09-2014 10:16 PM
solotwo

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2014 08:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey West Michigan Fieros, & Capital City, I hear there is a good show going on in Flint during the same time as the Woodward cruise.
IP: Logged
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2014 08:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Why on earth would anyone want to go to Flint for anything?

There are events much closer and in much nicer places.

The REO museum show at the state capitol is very nice.
Check out the CCF website.
Dotrenrew

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2014 01:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DotrenrewClick Here to visit Dotrenrew's HomePageSend a Private Message to DotrenrewEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by olejoedad:

I think Flint is worse than Detroit for potholes. Some are so big, you fall in and are never heard from again.

In all seriousness, Flint has a show called Back to the Bricks, but I can't remember what weekend it's on.
MadMark

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2014 03:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadMarkSend a Private Message to MadMarkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

There are events much closer and in much nicer places.

The REO museum show at the state capitol is very nice.
Check out the CCF website.

Joe, not all of us live in South West Michigan. It is closer for me to go to Flint than it is to go to Lansing. And Flint is not that bad if you don't stay too late. In fact I was just in Flint this last week to go to the new Farmer's Market. It is great and it was extremely crowded. I was really impressed.

However, I plan on being at the REO show, I also plan on being at the Bricks again this year. And there are other shows I will go to also. I don't mind driving a ways to get to a show or much better a cruise.
Snapperhead

Feedback score:    (57)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2014 09:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SnapperheadClick Here to visit Snapperhead's HomePageSend a Private Message to SnapperheadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok, back in town and need to replace my adjustable coolant fan relay and cooling fan. Parts are here and should have done in a day or two. Going to see what's coming up.

Vince
solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2014 10:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Attended the Friconos Cruise In last evening. Lots on nice cars, more this week than last. Forgot the camera in my haste to leave home. Nice showing of Firebirds and Pontiacs. Some moostangs and vettes and nice street rods, muscle cars and one cool 1947 Bus. BUT NO Fieros???? Well the one I drove. Must be all the Fieros in Grand Rapids have been sold or scraped?

Steve
Dotrenrew

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2014 06:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DotrenrewClick Here to visit Dotrenrew's HomePageSend a Private Message to DotrenrewEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Mark, are you still planning on going to Corunna tomorrow morning? I should be there around nine.
MadMark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2014 07:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadMarkSend a Private Message to MadMarkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Todd, Carol and I plan on being there about 8:00 or so. So we will try to save you a spot. Rick and Vicky Kaiser are coming too. Don't know if anyone else is coming.

I am bringing a folding table, a large umbrella and a Coleman propane grill along with some Parkview Jalpeno and Cheddar hot dogs. Bring your own drinks and maybe chips and we should have fun. If you want to grill something else bring it. We might drive everyone else nuts though.
Dotrenrew

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2014 10:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DotrenrewClick Here to visit Dotrenrew's HomePageSend a Private Message to DotrenrewEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sounds good Mark. I'll try to get there sooner too so I can get a spot near you. Stacy is not sure if she is riding with me or coming over later.
solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2014 10:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Anyone attend the Friconos cruise in tonight? I didn't, worked late and still sore from an incident with an ladder slipping and me falling.

[This message has been edited by solotwo (edited 07-09-2014).]

olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2014 11:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Did you just say you got indecent with a ladder and it knocked you down? Darned autospell?

PFF
System Bot
Snapperhead

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2014 06:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SnapperheadClick Here to visit Snapperhead's HomePageSend a Private Message to SnapperheadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by solotwo:

Anyone attend the Friconos cruise in tonight? I didn't, worked late and still sore from an indecent with an ladder slipping and me falling.

Kathy an I went for a little while. Was a nice turn out & weather was good too. I posted a few pics on facebook.
solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2014 08:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Did you just say you got indecent with a ladder and it knocked you down? Darned autospell?

Gotta love auto spell. Yup ladder slipped while I was on it, on the deck and fell onto the railing. Ribs are REAL sore. If I had fallen Another couple of feet north, my wife would have been a rich widow. LOL
solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2014 08:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

solotwo

5374 posts
Member since Jun 2002

Originally posted by Snapperhead:

Kathy an I went for a little while. Was a nice turn out & weather was good too. I posted a few pics on facebook.

Wouldn't you know it. The time I don't go, a Fiero shows up. LOL
batousai666

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2014 04:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dotrenrew:

Sounds like the Lingenfelter/Fieros in the village day is pretty well planned.

I am sure I can come up with a 3rd reason.....but with no Fiero and forecasted horrible weather I have backed out of this good time

for those that go.....enjoy
solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2014 04:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by batousai666:

I am sure I can come up with a 3rd reason.....but with no Fiero and forecasted horrible weather I have backed out of this good time

Umm wow that's tomorrow, I am sure I am not going... why..............wife

[This message has been edited by solotwo (edited 07-11-2014).]

batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2014 07:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

unreal......as I type this almost I get a text asking me when I can "Pick up the Mera" from OleJoeDad!!!!

I reply well that's up to you looks like Sunday unless he delivers Sat late and/or if my brother don't call me back.

batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2014 06:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
alright fellas.....whens the next big "to-do"??? I'm thinking The Gilmore Cruise-In this Wednesday??
OleJoeDad came thru and Mi Mera is running on all 6 cylinders!!
A big, THANK YOU TO JOE AND BRIAN @ 2 Seater Garage.....if its broke they WILL fix it

[This message has been edited by batousai666 (edited 07-13-2014).]

MadMark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2014 08:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadMarkSend a Private Message to MadMarkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ah now I get to see the whole car. It is very nice and I know that Joe did a great job on your engine swap. Enjoy, it will be a totally different ride now. Hope to see you out in this some time in the near future.
solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2014 11:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
good looking car. 2 Seat Garage they are great!
solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2014 11:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

solotwo

5374 posts
Member since Jun 2002

alright fellas.....whens the next big "to-do"??? I'm thinking The Gilmore Cruise-In this Wednesday??
OleJoeDad came thru and Mi Mera is running on all 6 cylinders!!
A big, THANK YOU TO JOE AND BRIAN @ 2 Seater Garage.....if its broke they WILL fix it

What are the hours of the cruise in?

Anyone from the GR area up to it? Or should I say West Michigan, Grand Rapids, Holland, Zeeland, Grand Haven, Cedar Springs,Lowell, Hastings, Allendale, Allegan, Kalamazoo, Battle Creek, Homer, Lansing etc.

[This message has been edited by solotwo (edited 07-13-2014).]

PFF
System Bot
batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2014 04:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MadMark:

Ah now I get to see the whole car. It is very nice and I know that Joe did a great job on your engine swap. Enjoy, it will be a totally different ride now. Hope to see you out in this some time in the near future.

I hope to see me runnin with you all as well.....this summer has sucked so far, but now its a live wire till the end!!
Joe and Brian do fine work and I recommend them highly!!
lets start planning runs. I am ready!!
looks like Wed (5 pm to 9pm) for the Gilmore Car barns and then we got this little ditty coming over the coming weekend here in Portage......my home town

its funny when we were in HighSchool that kind of behavior was frowned upon and deemed illegal

[This message has been edited by batousai666 (edited 07-14-2014).]

MadMark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2014 09:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadMarkSend a Private Message to MadMarkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I might be able to make it Wednesday and maybe even Saturday. That would be fun, especially the cruising part of it. Its only a little over an hour to Portage for me. I will keep in touch with you on this.
solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2014 10:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
GR metro any one planning on Gilmore?
batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2014 03:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MadMark:

I might be able to make it Wednesday and maybe even Saturday. That would be fun, especially the cruising part of it. Its only a little over an hour to Portage for me. I will keep in touch with you on this.

ROGER THAT!!!!
MadMark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2014 06:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadMarkSend a Private Message to MadMarkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, I am not going to make it to the thing tonight. But, I am still thinking heavily about Saturday. Most of the Capitol City group is going to be at Milford or something. The wife wants to stay home this Saturday, but I might still be up to a show.
Snapperhead

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2014 10:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SnapperheadClick Here to visit Snapperhead's HomePageSend a Private Message to SnapperheadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We will be there

Friday 18th Ravenna dog day cruise 5:30pm - 9:00pm

Vince

[This message has been edited by Snapperhead (edited 07-15-2014).]

solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2014 10:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Snapperhead:

We will be there

Friday 18th Ravenna dog day cruise 5:30pm - 9:00pm

Vince

Gilmore?
Snapperhead

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2014 01:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SnapperheadClick Here to visit Snapperhead's HomePageSend a Private Message to SnapperheadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Gilmore?

Sorry that wasn't very clear on my side.. not making it to Gilmore but we will be going to the dog days
Vince
solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2014 02:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
In Ravenna on Friday. Interesting this is the first I knew about that. I lived in CVille and never heard of it.
batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2014 05:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Heading out to the Gilmore Car Barns......hope the clouds clear!!

Peeeeeown!!!!!!!!
PFF
System Bot
solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2014 06:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
raining in G R
batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2014 09:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

raining in G R

it got all sunny with cool clouds here.....then this happened

thankfully OleJoeDad was coming tomorrow to pick up the V8 GT.....now maybe not sooo much.
unless its a tranny issue then the GT goes to the fixin shop while I collect more cash for a new beefed up Trans
so its not all that bad I guess

solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2014 10:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Oh that doesnt look good. I hope it is a simple fix.
solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2014 10:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

solotwo

5374 posts
Member since Jun 2002
Good thing I didnt try to go to Gilmore this evening. ZZP spark plug wire broke. We will see if they stand behind their product.
batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2014 08:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Good thing I didnt try to go to Gilmore this evening. ZZP spark plug wire broke. We will see if they stand behind their product.

well that sucks.......lets hope so.

soooo is anyone coming down to Portage for this little shin-dig??
OleJoeDad just called and him and Brian are dropping off the GT so I will be hitting this afterall

getyousum!!!!!!!!!!!

[This message has been edited by batousai666 (edited 07-17-2014).]

solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2014 11:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

well that sucks.......lets hope so.

OleJoeDad just called and him and Brian are dropping off the GT so I will be hitting this afterall

getyousum!!!!!!!!!!!

You had them work on both cars. Interesting. You must have some tricks up your sleeve. LOL

olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2014 08:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dan has been missing out on his Fiero fun this year. We had to correct that vitamin deficiency!
batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2014 12:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Dan has been missing out on his Fiero fun this year. We had to correct that vitamin deficiency!

and how I thank Brian and you both
I got off work early so its off to the SparkPlug store

[This message has been edited by batousai666 (edited 07-18-2014).]

batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2014 12:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

getyousum!!!!!!!!!!!

ohhhh man you guys missed something today down here. this was awesome. a small 150 maybe car show almost in the center of Portage with 2 lanes in both directions plus a turn lane so holes open up all the time. most cars attending were modified in some way and the stock one were mostly Vettes, Camaros and Mustangs........we let loose on them streets like the devil himself. the V8 GT held his own against highly modded cars cuz they could not lay down the monster on a city street anyway. it was way fun to be able to play, well they did. ahem

[This message has been edited by batousai666 (edited 07-20-2014).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 10 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock