Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  The 2014 Daytona Beach Florida Fiero Show is Ready for You! (Page 8)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 9 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
The 2014 Daytona Beach Florida Fiero Show is Ready for You! by JohnWPB
Started on: 10-03-2013 05:22 AM
Replies: 334 (10758 views)
Last post by: Old Lar on 05-05-2014 07:18 PM
yellowstone

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 250
Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2014 09:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hnthomps:

Well, I will be driving through Daytona tomorrow evening so I will at least get close to the car show (at least within two miles) as I head to Orlando and points south of there. If I see a Fiero I will wave or honk.

Nelson

Why don't you stop at the hotel, it's half a mile off I-95...?
IP: Logged
rpro

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 76
Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2014 03:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rproSend a Private Message to rproEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just arrived at the quality inn
PatrickTRoof

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2014 03:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickTRoofSend a Private Message to PatrickTRoofEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am here! I'm in room 119, so feel free to give me a buzz or stop by if you want to hang out.

Patrick

[This message has been edited by PatrickTRoof (edited 03-27-2014).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2014 04:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Getting all the raffle and goodie bag stuff together to head up tommorow.

Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2014 04:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just helped a local club member do a little fine-tuning to his Fiero so he (and the Fiero) can attend the Daytona show. A small group of us will be heading up Saturday morning.

The Freak will be in the non-judged section. Just look for the Fiero with no interior, and 3 different colors of primer.
LT188GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2014 06:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LT188GTSend a Private Message to LT188GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
JohnWPB you have a PM.
2002z28ssconv

Feedback score:    (27)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2014 03:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2002z28ssconvClick Here to visit 2002z28ssconv's HomePageSend a Private Message to 2002z28ssconvEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If anyone coming to Daytona has a T-Top that can be borrowed or purchased, please give me a call ASAP.
Another local member lost one today. Rains acomin'...

Driver side...

Even if you're not coming to Daytona, let me know so we can come get it.

Call or text me at

fo zewo sebin sebin won ate tree too sips sips.
Alex4mula

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2014 04:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll be there tomorrow but Fieroless (wet morning). Will be riding with good old friend and Palm Beach club member. Will be taking four other club members so will be a nice reunion. C'ya!
FFIEROFRED

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2014 07:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FFIEROFREDSend a Private Message to FFIEROFREDEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Daytona 2014. It begins!

It was over cast, but I will take in any way I can get it ( on the beach)

At the sugar mill.

FFIEROFRED

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2014 04:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FFIEROFREDSend a Private Message to FFIEROFREDEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
5 AM, pouring rain.
Csjag

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2014 12:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CsjagSend a Private Message to CsjagEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Be careful everyone!! I live right off Hwy 40 in the Ocala Nat'l Forest and severe storms went thru here headed towards Daytona
PFF
System Bot
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2014 01:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just got back from the show.

We were able to squeeze out a few dry hours and get the raffle, and awards in before the heavens opened up and lightning chased many away.

There were tornado warnings all over on my way back to Orlando.

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 03-29-2014).]

yellowstone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2014 02:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We arrived around 12:30pm today but didn't go to the show at all due to the terrible weather. Hopefully there will still be people there tomorrow...
PatrickTRoof

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2014 09:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickTRoofSend a Private Message to PatrickTRoofEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Everybody who was here, please add me on the facebooks if you have it! Just my name without the middle initial. Make sure you tell me who you are on here, because I haven't been able to match faces with usernames Also, here's my number:

tree oh fore - sebin won too - oh nah to won

Thanks, and it was so great to finally meet you all!

Patrick
Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2014 02:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Yellowstone said: We arrived around 12:30pm today but didn't go to the show at all due to the terrible weather. Hopefully there will still be people there tomorrow...

We saw you driving in, just as we were leaving. The weather was pretty bad... thunderstorms, tornado warnings, etc. We were handing out the trophies in the rain.

I was really looking forward to driving on the New Smyrna track, but that was canceled.

Originally posted by PatrickTRoof:

Everybody who was here, please add me on the facebooks if you have it! Just my name without the middle initial. Make sure you tell me who you are on here, because I haven't been able to match faces with usernames Also, here's my number:

Patrick, were you the tall thin guy with the pony tail, and a black Fiero? I think we talked for a couple minutes. I had the primer gray Fiero with the gutted interior. I don't do Facebook, but will answer emails and PMs.

PatrickTRoof

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2014 04:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickTRoofSend a Private Message to PatrickTRoofEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Blacktree:

Patrick, were you the tall thin guy with the pony tail, and a black Fiero? I think we talked for a couple minutes. I had the primer gray Fiero with the gutted interior. I don't do Facebook, but will answer emails and PMs.

Yes, that was me! I'll definitely keep in touch.

LT188GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2014 05:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LT188GTSend a Private Message to LT188GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PICS---PICS---WE NEED--- PICS---PICS.

Ok I will stop yelling.
jim94

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2014 06:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jim94Send a Private Message to jim94Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My wife and I had a great time seeing everyone else's car and talking to everyone. The rain was a bit of a bummer but it how it is in Florida. See youall next year, Jim and cathy
Old Lar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Csjag

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2014 07:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CsjagSend a Private Message to CsjagEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for posting the pics Old Lar. I should be able to bring my 85 GT next year, I will have the square tires off of it by then.
Alex4mula

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2014 08:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Weather was the worst Ihave seen in last 14yrs. All morning looked like a tropical strom was coming. The car corral was the only big other show. The Impalas/Dodge lot next to Fieros was almost empty. When I arrived at the Fiero area around noon some cars were leaving already. Then it started a light rain and everybody left. I counted about 43 Fieros at noon. I know many quited to attend at last minute. I feel so sad for the organizers that I know worked so hard to have mother nature ruin it. Still it was nice to see some old friends and a bunch of Fieros. There is always next year.
PFF
System Bot
Fiero Thomas

Feedback score:    (170)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 125
Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2014 08:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Photos from above

------------------
1986 Fiero GT 1984 Corvette
2003 PT Dream Cruser #1801 2009 Dodge Challenger SRT8
1998 Ford F150 Super Cab V8 4X4

FieroNews

[This message has been edited by Fiero Thomas (edited 03-30-2014).]

JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2014 09:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just got home about a couple hours ago, but wanted to post and thank everyone that came to the show! Sure, we had some rain (Putting it mildly) on Saturday, but we made the best of it! Both the BJ's and Miller's Ale house dinners were fantastic! That is probably one of my favorite parts, sitting around talking, meeting everyone, and of course eating

On Saturday, most cars were there by around 8am, and we had time to socialize, and look at the cars, and get the judges on them. We bumped the door prize drawing up to 11:30 and not a drop of rain through out the drawing. We got about 1/2 into the show awards, and then it started to rain lightly. We finished the awards, and about 10 minutes later the flood gates opened up full bore!

Today, Sunday, was fantastic, a nice cool and breezy 73 degree day, and not a cloud in the sky! Everyone go to walk around the show, and enjoy the day. We had a small secondary drawing today giving away a couple items including the welded stature that Kathryn (12 year old's and Fieros) made. We had around 24 Fieros and did the customary lap around the track. Quite a few met up at the Cracker Barrel for lunch after leaving the track, and others headed back to get ready for next year

I have a few overall pictures, as well as a few videos of the Go Carting, Driving around the Daytona Track. I also have all of the individual staged photo's that I took on the beach of each car with the ocean as the backdrop. Yes, I also have a photo of the college kid photo bombing out photo shoot! LOL.

I will be creating a new "Gallery" tab on FieroEvents.com, and will put all of the photo's and videos there for people to download what they like.

Give me a few days to recover, get back to work in the morning, and get the gallery created and everything put into place.

All in all it was a great event, and one of which even Iron Man would approve! (That is a LONG story! ! ! ! !)

PatrickTRoof

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2014 10:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickTRoofSend a Private Message to PatrickTRoofEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Watch out for Iron Man!!!
Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2014 10:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DragonSend a Private Message to DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think the organizers did a great job, especially flexing plans because of weather.

Hopefully they go with it again next year.

Thanks Chuck, Robert and John
------------------

Frank Martin
87 GT
3800 s/c - lowered with Held Motorsports suspension - Suicide Doors by Archie
Custom Paint
Fun To Drive Daily Driver

87 Convertible
Sunshine Car

[This message has been edited by Dragon (edited 03-30-2014).]

yellowstone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2014 07:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Posted some pix on the PFF group on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/108549814676/
FieroMeister

Feedback score:    (63)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2014 08:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMeisterSend a Private Message to FieroMeisterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I made it to the show on Sunday and got to see a few nice Fieros and meet a couple of owners. After seeing some of the pics I wish I had taken the gamble and come down on Saturday! There were quite a few really nice Fieros there on Saturday that I didn't get to see and really wish I had.'
JohnWPB, I wish I had thought about the possibility of you being there. I could have finally met you in person! Chances are I saw you yesterday and didn't even realize it!
Sunday was a great day and there was lots at the show to see. The weather was spectacular!
PatrickTRoof

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2014 10:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickTRoofSend a Private Message to PatrickTRoofEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroMeister:

I made it to the show on Sunday and got to see a few nice Fieros and meet a couple of owners. After seeing some of the pics I wish I had taken the gamble and come down on Saturday! There were quite a few really nice Fieros there on Saturday that I didn't get to see and really wish I had.'
JohnWPB, I wish I had thought about the possibility of you being there. I could have finally met you in person! Chances are I saw you yesterday and didn't even realize it!
Sunday was a great day and there was lots at the show to see. The weather was spectacular!

Did you bring your Fiero? Which one was yours? I had the flat black '85 GT with the crack in the windshield.

JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2014 11:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Did you bring your Fiero? Which one was yours? I had the flat black '85 GT with the crack in the windshield.

And no body rust if I recall

PatrickTRoof

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2014 11:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickTRoofSend a Private Message to PatrickTRoofEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JohnWPB:

And no body rust if I recall

That's right!

JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2014 11:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I do not want to side rail this thread, but there is something I have to say. Let's not turn this into a trash can thread, I just want to let this be known, and be done with it.

In a lot of the Face Book pages a user name of "Johnny Rottin" has been posting things such as "I am glad it rained on you Pedophiles this weekend" and such. This is CLEARLY Shaun Hammit using Johnny Rottin's PFF user name on Facebook. Shawn has a fascination with pedophiles, as it is every other word out of his mouth most of the time, so that was a dead give away. He also has a fascination of stealing people user names, as he is banned from just about any and every forum he had ever joined. Now he is trolling all of the Facebook groups, including Pennock's. John uses his real name on Facebook, and not the screen name he uses here. John is one of the nicest people you would ever want to meet. He is also a pilot in the Air Force and has a family. Not the type of person that would post childish things things like just to get attention at 3am LOL.

Now, back to the Daytona Topic at Hand!

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 04-01-2014).]

PFF
System Bot
fierogtlt1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2014 04:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtlt1Send a Private Message to fierogtlt1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I already banned him from 2 Fiero Facebook pages I administrate yesterday.
FieroMeister

Feedback score:    (63)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2014 08:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMeisterSend a Private Message to FieroMeisterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Patrick, didn't bring a Fiero.....I came in the other GM plastic car that is my daily driver now. It also has a rust free body!!! Sold my last Fiero (of 25) about 3 years ago and I really miss it!! Hope to have another one in the not too distant future when I have a bit more space for a project. Hadn't been to the Daytona show since I sold the Fiero and had to pass by 3 or 4 times during the day to check on the Fieros. I just love those cars!!!!
Hope to see you guys again next year at the show!

infinitewill

Feedback score:    (55)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2014 08:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sounds like you fellas did a heck of a job with the show! Well done gang

Next year I will finally make a return trip!

Dr. W.
PatrickTRoof

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2014 10:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickTRoofSend a Private Message to PatrickTRoofEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dying for pictures!
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2014 12:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Dying for pictures!

Well here is yours to tie you over

There are 12 total that showed up for the photo shoot on the beach. I will be putting the full resolution photos of the individual cars on the FieroEvents.com website in the coming days. Both the unaltered photo, and the one with the graphics overlaid will be available for download. There will also be the rest of the photo's, plus links to a few videos.

I am gonna have to reduce the panorama a bit to upload it however! The dimensions are 10,464 x 4092 pixels, and almost a half a gig in size.

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 04-01-2014).]

IIKool

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2014 08:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IIKoolSend a Private Message to IIKoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I live in Daytona, And just wanted to say, Took off Friday morning for a nice relaxing 80 mph ride and headed for the SugarMill Rest. Afterwards went through some cool back road, Total enjoyment, back to the beachside where John and his elves laid out a great lunch then on to the beach for photo. Sat. morn. To the show, Great show again John and his elves did it again. This thing just kept going and going, sounds like that crazy running rabbit. And OH BTW I would like to THANK Jimmy from (Fiero Fiberglass)and a his wife. For a mystery prize that I won !!!!! I now have enough explosive extripate Daytona. I better shut up about things like that or NSA will be hanging out on my door steps. But again Kudo to John and all his elves for a great weekend
FFIEROFRED

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2014 02:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FFIEROFREDSend a Private Message to FFIEROFREDEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
On the track, with my winners flag, helmet on and the dump open!

FFIEROFRED

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2014 05:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FFIEROFREDSend a Private Message to FFIEROFREDEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

FFIEROFRED

750 posts
Member since May 2008
I ordered my picture. And I made this one.
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2014 09:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
As a spectator, it appeared to me that the show was well planned and executed by the organizers. Everyone appeared to be having a lot of fun and were enjoying the event.
It was a shame that the weather hurried the drawings and award presentation at the end of the day.
Are there plans to post the award winners names and the recipients of the various prizes?

[This message has been edited by olejoedad (edited 04-04-2014).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 9 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock