Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  The 2014 Daytona Beach Florida Fiero Show is Ready for You! (Page 7)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 9 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
The 2014 Daytona Beach Florida Fiero Show is Ready for You! by JohnWPB
Started on: 10-03-2013 05:22 AM
Replies: 334 (10758 views)
Last post by: Old Lar on 05-05-2014 07:18 PM
yellowstone

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 250
Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2014 11:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll probably be driving up with a friend on Saturday morning. We have reserved rooms at the Hilton Garden Inn Daytona Beach Airport now.
IP: Logged
87GT2M6

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2014 11:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87GT2M6Send a Private Message to 87GT2M6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Daytona here I come.

Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2014 08:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DragonSend a Private Message to DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 87GT2M6:

Daytona here I come.

Excellent!!
87GT2M6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2014 02:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87GT2M6Send a Private Message to 87GT2M6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Frank.

and now a sig test:

------------------

[This message has been edited by 87GT2M6 (edited 03-23-2014).]

notwohorns

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2014 04:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for notwohornsSend a Private Message to notwohornsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Take lots of photos gays and gals for us that can't make it.
Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2014 04:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DragonSend a Private Message to DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Question

If you could only bring one Fiero to Daytona, and had to pick from three which one would you choose?

1 - Lambo Doors

2 - Suicide Doors

3 - Convertible

Hard to make a decision, which one is the most different? / odd?

87GT2M6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2014 05:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87GT2M6Send a Private Message to 87GT2M6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dragon:

Question

If you could only bring one Fiero to Daytona, and had to pick from three which one would you choose?

1 - Lambo Doors

2 - Suicide Doors

3 - Convertible

lambo doors
LT188GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2014 06:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LT188GTSend a Private Message to LT188GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Question

1 - Lambo Doors

2 - Suicide Doors

3 - Convertible

THE VETTE.

hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2014 06:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Question

1 - Lambo Doors

2 - Suicide Doors

3 - Convertible

Frank,

With a 90% chance of rain for Saturday I hope that you leave the convertible at home. Either of the remaining two vehicles would be better.

Nelson
MadMark

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2014 07:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadMarkSend a Private Message to MadMarkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It wouldn't be the first time Frank got caught in the rain on the way back from Daytona.
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2014 07:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I found it hard to believe, and had to check myself. 90% chance!?!?!?! REALLY?!?!?! I have lived in Florida for over 20 years, and I never recall a forecast 6 days out stating a 90% chance of rain! The only time I have seen that is if there is a hurricane headed this way. It IS 6 days away, and that's a long time to try to predict if its going to rain or not.....

Oh well, I will have a 10 x 10 tent, and will pack a few umbrellas. No matter what, it's not going to get me down or ruin the show for me!
PFF
System Bot
FFIEROFRED

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2014 07:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FFIEROFREDSend a Private Message to FFIEROFREDEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It will not stop me.
rpro

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 76
Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2014 07:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rproSend a Private Message to rproEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Accuweather shows a chance of an afternoon thundershower on Saturday. I think the weather channel is way off on it's extended forecast. I live here and know for a fact that you cannot predict 90% chance of anything this far out. Afternoon t-storm development is pretty much a daily occurance. By late afternoon you get a downpour. Big Whoop!
fierogtlt1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2014 08:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtlt1Send a Private Message to fierogtlt1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Damn.....I was gonna. Drive up on Saturday morning too.
That sucks,I don't need to get pneumonia again and in the hospital..
87GT2M6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2014 10:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87GT2M6Send a Private Message to 87GT2M6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Car on the way to me!

------------------

fierogtlt1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2014 11:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtlt1Send a Private Message to fierogtlt1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
From Jeremy and Stacey at The Fiero Factory.
Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2014 06:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DragonSend a Private Message to DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hnthomps:
Frank,

With a 90% chance of rain for Saturday I hope that you leave the convertible at home. Either of the remaining two vehicles would be better.

Nelson

Nelson

With the 17 years that worked on the show it only rained one time, and that was in the lat afternoon that Marianna's car broke and had to hauled away on a flat bed.

She was one wet lady when the skies open up lat around 3:30.

I figure that luck will hold for this year and it will not be wet until late in the day.

Might mess up the http://www.newsmyrnaspeedway.org/ event though

Just keep you fingers crossed.

Don Kraus

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2014 08:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Don KrausSend a Private Message to Don KrausEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey John and everybody,I hate to say it but I won't be coming to the show.Man that hurts,I really wanted to make it this year, but my back is giving me trouble again and can't take the 1300 mile ride down and back.Maybe next year.

Don

------------------
IMSA 34
60' - 1.555
1/4 mi - 10.519
mph - 130.29

TOO FAR
60' - 1.491
1/4 mi - 11.323
mph - 116.4

hnthomps

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2014 11:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Nelson

With the 17 years that worked on the show it only rained one time, and that was in the lat afternoon that Marianna's car broke and had to hauled away on a flat bed.

She was one wet lady when the skies open up lat around 3:30.

I figure that luck will hold for this year and it will not be wet until late in the day.

Might mess up the http://www.newsmyrnaspeedway.org/ event though

Just keep you fingers crossed.

Nancy and I managed to get quite wet last year when we got caught in a thunderstorm while we were looking for something to eat. We did manage to get under an open tarp so we did not totally get soaked. However, I changed to dry clothes very shortly thereafter because the wind was a bit cool.

Nelson
Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2014 12:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DragonSend a Private Message to DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
the newest forecast for Daytona on Saturday is now 30%

It's going to be a beautiful day.

Frank
Alex4mula

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2014 06:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

the newest forecast for Daytona on Saturday is now 30%

It's going to be a beautiful day.

Frank

Need to wait until Thursday to get a believable forecast. Of all events I have attended since 2000 it only rained once and was at around 3:00 PM. But weather these days seem more unpredictable. I'm on to attend unless it says it will rain from sunrise on Saturday. I don't like to drive long trips on wet roads in a Fiero. Hope it doesn't happen and all is fine. Hope to haul 2-3 other Fieros with me
PFF
System Bot
Phil

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2014 06:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilSend a Private Message to PhilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
As Phil likes to say about our New England weather.........we'll know what the Saturday weather is on Sunday

We packed our raincoats and have an umbrella. Looking forward to getting to Daytona and having fun.

Frank, see you all tomorrow.

Gwen (Phil's wife)
Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2014 10:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DragonSend a Private Message to DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Phil:

As Phil likes to say about our New England weather.........we'll know what the Saturday weather is on Sunday

We packed our raincoats and have an umbrella. Looking forward to getting to Daytona and having fun.

Frank, see you all tomorrow.

Gwen (Phil's wife)

Sounds good to me

See you in Savannah

Frank

PatrickTRoof

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2014 08:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickTRoofSend a Private Message to PatrickTRoofEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My car is barely ready and money is tight, but we're calling for 2 to 4 inches of snow tonight. I cannot wait.
yellowstone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2014 04:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Washed and polished/waxed, getting ready...

[This message has been edited by yellowstone (edited 03-25-2014).]

hnthomps

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2014 06:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Major electrical problem when I tried to start the car yesterday evening to go get some fuel for the Daytona trip. I get one bump and all the courtesy lights that were previously on go off and nothing electrical comes back on. I charged the battery all night and got exactly the same result today. I had the current battery tested and tests as very good wrt to cranking amps and output voltage. The next step is to check all fuses and accessible circuit breakers. Maybe there is a blown fuse or a major short to ground somewhere.

If I cannot locate the problem by tomorrow I may end up skipping Daytona this year. I would really like to go but this may be the deciding factor.

Nelson
Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2014 08:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DragonSend a Private Message to DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Major electrical problem when I tried to start the car yesterday evening to go get some fuel for the Daytona trip. I get one bump and all the courtesy lights that were previously on go off and nothing electrical comes back on. I charged the battery all night and got exactly the same result today. I had the current battery tested and tests as very good wrt to cranking amps and output voltage. The next step is to check all fuses and accessible circuit breakers. Maybe there is a blown fuse or a major short to ground somewhere.

If I cannot locate the problem by tomorrow I may end up skipping Daytona this year. I would really like to go but this may be the deciding factor.

Nelson

Nelson

I know you'll find away to come south and pay

It's got to be cold up there, we are down in Savannah and it's cold here. I'm almost ready to head back south and warm up

------------------

Frank Martin
87 GT
3800 s/c - lowered with Held Motorsports suspension - Suicide Doors by Archie
Custom Paint
Fun To Drive Daily Driver

87 Convertible
Sunshine Car

olejoedad

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2014 09:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Nelson

You have a PM.

JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2014 10:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What's with everybody posting pictures of the cars all of a sudden.... Is this really necessary? Of course it is! ! ! !

And here is mine

This only the 2nd day it has been on the road in around 8 years! It has been driven less than 50 miles in that 8 years, and Thursday afternoon will be asked to drive 3 and a half hours. This being the case, I bought a AAA Premium membership, and have a couple credit cards and extra cash handy for the trip to Daytona.

Sure the car as a decent paint job, but it is FAR from being done! There are no marker lights or side molding & no quarter windows. Interior wise, no headliner, no A or B pillar trim, No center console.....a complete mess actually. But guess what.... it will be in Daytona in a few days! Let this be an example for those that do not want to bring their Fieros to Daytona because they are "Not show ready" The cars are not there to be judged, unless you want it to. This is a Fiero get together, all Fieros, no matter what shape they are in, are not only welcome, but highly encouraged!

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 03-26-2014).]

JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2014 11:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

JohnWPB

5182 posts
Member since May 2009
SOrry Double Post

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 03-25-2014).]

IIKool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2014 06:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IIKoolSend a Private Message to IIKoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wedsday morning, I'm in Daytona Bch. And its Brrr Brrr Brrr 44 degrees and that chilly in Fl.
PFF
System Bot
2002z28ssconv

Feedback score:    (27)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2014 07:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2002z28ssconvClick Here to visit 2002z28ssconv's HomePageSend a Private Message to 2002z28ssconvEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IIKool:

Wedsday morning, I'm in Daytona Bch. And its Brrr Brrr Brrr 44 degrees and that chilly in Fl.

Well who's fault is that? Look at your screen name...
2002z28ssconv

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2014 09:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2002z28ssconvClick Here to visit 2002z28ssconv's HomePageSend a Private Message to 2002z28ssconvEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

2002z28ssconv

1436 posts
Member since Jun 2005
*** double post ***

[This message has been edited by 2002z28ssconv (edited 03-26-2014).]

PatrickTRoof

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2014 09:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickTRoofSend a Private Message to PatrickTRoofEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll take 44 over 24 any time.
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2014 03:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nelson has a lot going on right now, and I think he inadvertently posted in my build thread, and probably meant to post here int he Daytona thread. Nelson, I am sorry for your loss, and hope to see you at another get together sometime soon.

Below is the message he posted in my build thread:

-----------------------------------------
Guys,

Things are not working out for me this year to make Daytona. I have the electrical problem figured out and it appears to be the battery even if it tested good. After checking just about every fuse, connection, and cable I swapped out my battery with one from a project car. The car starts and runs fairly well now but does have some slight hesitation when first starting. It is not bad and only occurs for a fraction of a second. I will put some more starts on it before I head off on a long trip.

I just cancelled my Daytona hotel reservation but it was not because of the car but I now need to attend a funeral in South Florida on Friday afternoon. It would be painful to get back in time for the Saturday show (with an extra 600 miles of driving) so I will miss Daytona this year. If anyone can use my show registration number it is 62X and made under the name of Nelson Thompson. I can scan and e-mail a copy of the post card if anyone wants to try and use it.

Nelson
Phil

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2014 07:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilSend a Private Message to PhilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Car running fine. Passenger not so much. Got almost to South Carolina and something I ate on Monday came back to bite me so after spending an extra day in the hotel in NC, we're on our way back home. Grrrrrr! Hate yo miss our annual trip, but stuff happens. Have fun everyone.

Gwen (Phil's wife)
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2014 07:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hope you feel better soon, Gwen.
2002z28ssconv

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2014 07:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2002z28ssconvClick Here to visit 2002z28ssconv's HomePageSend a Private Message to 2002z28ssconvEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry for those not going to make it...
I'm having some issues here too, but minor ones in comparison. Safe travels to all, even if Daytona isn't on your schedule.
yellowstone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2014 08:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Show preparations continue...

[This message has been edited by yellowstone (edited 03-26-2014).]

hnthomps

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2014 08:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, I will be driving through Daytona tomorrow evening so I will at least get close to the car show (at least within two miles) as I head to Orlando and points south of there. If I see a Fiero I will wave or honk.

Nelson
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 9 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock