Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  The 2014 Daytona Beach Florida Fiero Show is Ready for You! (Page 4)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 9 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
The 2014 Daytona Beach Florida Fiero Show is Ready for You! by JohnWPB
Started on: 10-03-2013 05:22 AM
Replies: 334 (10758 views)
Last post by: Old Lar on 05-05-2014 07:18 PM
2002z28ssconv

Feedback score:    (27)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2014 11:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2002z28ssconvClick Here to visit 2002z28ssconv's HomePageSend a Private Message to 2002z28ssconvEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm still trying to figure out how he got that picture of me.
IP: Logged
carbon

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2014 09:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've been having you investigated for hair donation fraud.
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2014 01:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Only 2 weeks left to book the rooms at the $69 rate.

If you have been waiting till the last minute, that is pretty much now! I can add additional rooms if needed, but I can not extend the date for the room going back up to $119. Just an FYI, you can book the room now to and use a credit / debit card to hold the special rate. Then you do not pay for the room till you check out, either with that card, or cash. It's the Quality Inn Daytona Speedway, and is linked on the website.

And Chuck, for God sake, get some hair trimmers and please use them before the pool party!

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 02-16-2014).]

fierogtlt1

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2014 01:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtlt1Send a Private Message to fierogtlt1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Probably not going to make it this year....Waaaay to many medical bills to pay.
carbon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2014 01:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JohnWPB:

And Chuck, for God sake, get some hair trimmers and please use them before the pool party!

Nothin' says masculine like a man with stubble on his chest...
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2014 03:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierogtlt1:

Probably not going to make it this year....Waaaay to many medical bills to pay.

Sorry to hear that. I was looking forward to meeting you, and having a look at one of those center consoles as well!
fierogtlt1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2014 03:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtlt1Send a Private Message to fierogtlt1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Sorry to hear that. I was looking forward to meeting you, and having a look at one of those center consoles as well!

How about this..........If I get one complete and done on time I will send it to the Daytona show with someone from Central Florida Fiero's to
give away in a raffle...

------------------
//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/092166.html

JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2014 06:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

How about this..........If I get one complete and done on time I will send it to the Daytona show with someone from Central Florida Fiero's to
give away in a raffle...

Wow, that would be FANTASTIC! The only thing better was if you were to deliver it in person

fierogtlt1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2014 09:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtlt1Send a Private Message to fierogtlt1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Wow, that would be FANTASTIC! The only thing better was if you were to deliver it in person
Maybe I will try to make it there for Saturday....But won't be able to stay there for a couple of days but I will have to bring some portable oxygen tanks just in case.
IIKool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2014 06:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IIKoolSend a Private Message to IIKoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[QUOTE]Originally posted by JohnWPB:

Maybe I will try to make it there for Saturday....But won't be able to stay there for a couple of days but I will have to bring some portable oxygen tanks just in case.[/QUOTE]

Don't worry about the oxygen tanks, We have good breathable gas fumes in the air in Daytona Bch. So come on over.
87GT2M6

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2014 07:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87GT2M6Send a Private Message to 87GT2M6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just got my Daytona admission card in the mail today and everything seems to be on schedule.
Note: It took a while but they finally did it, The Daytona Turkey Run official site has updated the list of people that have
already registered. Curious if you're there? go check it out.
PFF
System Bot
rpro

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 76
Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2014 07:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rproSend a Private Message to rproEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am number 99X
IIKool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2014 07:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IIKoolSend a Private Message to IIKoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rpro:

I am number 99X

I am number 95X

PatrickTRoof

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2014 10:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickTRoofSend a Private Message to PatrickTRoofEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
155X
jim94

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2014 12:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jim94Send a Private Message to jim94Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
119x
Old Lar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2014 02:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
72X
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2014 03:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have not registered yet, as I am still on the fence as to if my car will be road worth by then. If so, I will probably wind up paying a tiny bit more to register right at the gate. If anyone is within a reasonable distance of West Palm Beach, I started a thread to try to get some help to complete my Fiero. Sorry, a bit off topic, but not by too much

Now back to business:

We still need a few volunteers for random things like manning the registration table for an hour or 2, parking cars in the mornings, Judging the Fiero's (Even if you are entering your car, you can still judge Fieros that are in another class) giving a demonstration of something Fiero related at the show on Saturday and a few other small things. If you can help out, please head over to the website and fill out the volunteer form. Even if you are planning on helping with something you have always done in the past, you still need to fill out the form. If not, we have no way of knowing that that position / activity is filled, and someone else may be assigned to it instead.

Lastly, there are less than 2 weeks to lock in the hotel for $69. After that it goes up to $119. The Hotel is the Quality Inn Daytona Speedway. (If Google is doing it's job, you should see their advertisement / banner at either the top or the bottom of this page If you don't have the cash now, you can make the reservation to hold the room at that price, and pay when you check out.

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 02-16-2014).]

JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2014 01:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was in Target tonight, and ran across some really nice T-Shirts on sale. I picked up 10 of them, and I am going to do some custom shirts to give away randomly at the show. There will be different Fiero related designs on each of shirts. They will probably be given away during group events for random things like furthest traveled, trivia questions... whatever we can come up with really LOL

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 02-17-2014).]

Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2014 09:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DragonSend a Private Message to DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
113X

114X

Southeastern Coast Run
Savannah, Ga
St. Augustine, Fl
Florida Fiero Weekend
Florida Keys

------------------

Frank Martin
87 GT
3800 s/c - lowered with Held Motorsports suspension - Suicide Doors by Archie
Custom Paint
Fun To Drive Daily Driver

87 Convertible
Sunshine Car

[This message has been edited by Dragon (edited 02-17-2014).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2014 11:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I was in Target tonight, and ran across some really nice T-Shirts on sale. I picked up 10 of them, and I am going to do some custom shirts to give away randomly at the show. There will be different Fiero related designs on each of shirts. They will probably be given away during group events for random things like furthest traveled, trivia questions... whatever we can come up with really LOL

sweeeeeet ! Those are very cool. i buy that brand of t-shirts btw and they are good quality.
PatrickTRoof

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2014 12:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickTRoofSend a Private Message to PatrickTRoofEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Were they actually Fiero shirts, or did you put the designs on them? (dumb question, I know)

I want one with the 7 facts on them! I'll do whatever silly thing you can come up with!

PFF
System Bot
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2014 04:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by PatrickTRoof:
Were they actually Fiero shirts, or did you put the designs on them? (dumb question, I know)

I bought the plain shirts at Target, and then put the designs on the shirts. I am using a high quality iron on transfer sheets. With the electronic dye cutter I use for the Fiero Stickers, I am able to cut the designs out precisely before ironing them on, and giving it a much better look then you see when you have the square of plastic surrounding normal iron on stuff. The "7 steps" is a large square, just due to the design of it.

The "7 steps" shirt was something I saw some time ago, and worded that one up myself similar to how I remembered it. I have a couple more designs I am working on now.

As for the shirts, yes, they are nice quality. With the 10 shirts, Ink and the T-Shirt transfer sheets, I have probably have around $75 into it. I just thought they would be neat to give away at the show.

JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2014 05:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

JohnWPB

5182 posts
Member since May 2009
Racking my brain to try to come up with something different.... I was trying to think of what is really fun about the Fiero.... then it came to me!

So, all of them are done for now.

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 02-18-2014).]

Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2014 05:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DragonSend a Private Message to DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Getting ready for The Florida Fiero Weekend. Like to see this cross the finish line

------------------

Frank Martin
87 GT
3800 s/c - lowered with Held Motorsports suspension - Suicide Doors by Archie
Custom Paint
Fun To Drive Daily Driver

87 Convertible
Sunshine Car

PatrickTRoof

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2014 07:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickTRoofSend a Private Message to PatrickTRoofEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dragon:

Getting ready for The Florida Fiero Weekend. Like to see this cross the finish line

Looks like front clip already did.

Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2014 11:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DragonSend a Private Message to DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by PatrickTRoof:

Might have before we decided to make a trailer out of it
FFIEROFRED

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2014 11:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FFIEROFREDSend a Private Message to FFIEROFREDEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
104X. I like the "modified notchback" class. Finaly, a class for my car! To night i am taking it to the drag strip so I can say what it "RUNS" after somebody asks me. I am bringing my helmet to ware for the finish line picture. I love the shirts that the guy is bringing. I used to drive a wrecker. I would bring the fiero to work with me, behind the wrecker a lot. For years I was the only wrecker driver they had. My fiero spent more time behind the wrecker then it did under it's own power.

[This message has been edited by FFIEROFRED (edited 02-19-2014).]

J Gunsett

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2014 02:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for J GunsettClick Here to visit J Gunsett's HomePageSend a Private Message to J GunsettEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
102X

Jack
hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2014 04:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My registration number is 62X.

Nelson
Alex4mula

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2014 08:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Seems like I may be able to go this year. Just need to check the car as I have used it once in last 6 months and the select cable is getting sticky. Who knows what else may be marginal. If so I may try to pull with me 2-3 more Fiero guys who commit to single day trips.
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2014 11:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Alex4mula:

Seems like I may be able to go this year. Just need to check the car as I have used it once in last 6 months and the select cable is getting sticky. Who knows what else may be marginal. If so I may try to pull with me 2-3 more Fiero guys who commit to single day trips.

Glad to hear it Alex! Don't count me as part of your "day trippers" as I will be there Thurs night ~ Sunday. Please make sure you and the 2-3 other guys register on the website.

On another note, are none of our neighbors in Georgia going to attend the show? I was surprised to look at the map of attendees and find no one from Georgia has Registered

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 02-20-2014).]

PFF
System Bot
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2014 03:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Alex4mula

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2014 08:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Glad to hear it Alex! Don't count me as part of your "day trippers" as I will be there Thurs night ~ Sunday. ..

No but I am counting on seeing your finished car.
FFIEROFRED

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2014 12:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FFIEROFREDSend a Private Message to FFIEROFREDEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I booked my room at the hotel weeks ago. they only gave me the rate for one night! Higher rate for all the other nights. They did reserve the only spot for a truck/trailer for me. Any of the local people know were to go for the best price for gas on I-95, north of Daytona? I think I can get to Daytona, from Miss. with out having to buy gas. But will have to fill up the tanks to get home.
Old Lar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2014 02:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
www.gasbuddy.com http://www.floridastategasp...a%20Beach/index.aspx

The prices go up and down almost daily. Some of the best prices may be along I-10, but you have to pick and choose in Daytona Beach.
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2014 03:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FFIEROFRED:

I booked my room at the hotel weeks ago. they only gave me the rate for one night! Higher rate for all the other nights.

I just called and talked to Deborah, the manager of the Quality Inn. She changed the dates in the system to include Thursday, Friday & Saturday for the $69 rate. She is sending out a new confirmation email to everyone that has booked their rooms already, to reflect the new price. If you booked the room for the $99 or $109 rate, it is now changed in the system, and you will only be charged the $69 for any of those 3 nights.

Sorry for the mix up but all is well in Daytona Land now

JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2014 12:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok folks, the show is getting close now! there is just one week left to get the $69 room rate, so book now if you plan on coming!
We have had so many items donated and want to thank all of our sponsors tremendously!

Some of the items to be given away this year as door prizes that we know of so far are:
(There will be more, we are waiting on some of the vendors to finalize what they want to donate)

• Fiero Fiberglass - $50 gift certificate and a lot of small Fiero items
  • InfinateWill - Donating 2 sets of sunroof hold down seals, 2 sets of hood latch gaskets & a trunk seal.
  • TLG Automotive - 1 set of New Style Headlight Housings, 1 set of GTR Lighting LED Logo Projectors With Fiero Logo.
  • Winn Dixie - Gift Certificates
  • Kathryn (12 year olds and fieros) - welded art statue
  • RockAuto.com - $25 gift certificate
  • FieroStuff.com - 2 Full sets Fiero Restoration / replacement stickers. Certificates for 2 RPO reproduction sheets
  • Mr. Mikes - Certificate for 2 Leather sun visors in your choice of colors
  • West Shore Fabricating/Arraut Motorsports - coilover kit
  • Fiero Store - (They haven't told us yet)
  • Rodney Dickman - 2 egr tubes
  • Fiero Factory - 2 Gift Gertificates
  • Mother's - Various mothers products
  • Fiero Thomas - Black hoodie with large Fiero logo on back
  • Haus of Guru / BMW Guru - Designer sweatshirt
  • Russ88TTop - Upholstered Trunk Cover
  • JohnWPB - 10 Random Fiero T-Shirts to be given away however we deem fit; trivia, distance driven, or anything crazy we can come up with

More Thanks also go to:

• TLG Automotive - On top of the stuff listed above, they are also donating a Pair of Stealth Wing Stands to raffle off.
  • V-8 Archie - Partially Sponsoring the awards
  • GT Service Center / Robert Craig - Partially Sponsoring the awards
  • Summit Racing - goodie bags and promo banner
  • RockAuto.com - TONS of Magnets and flyers

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 02-22-2014).]

Don Kraus

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2014 09:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Don KrausSend a Private Message to Don KrausEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
John,is there parking at the hotel for trucks with trailers,and what safety items do we need,like helmets,rollbars etc.at New Smyrna raceway?

Don

------------------
IMSA 34
60' - 1.555
1/4 mi - 10.519
mph - 130.29

TOO FAR
60' - 1.491
1/4 mi - 11.323
mph - 116.4

85LAMB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2014 11:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 85LAMBSend a Private Message to 85LAMBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am really looking forward to this show
Hopefully I will get to have my car there even though is a work in progress

Don K , I am really glad you are coming, I got to talk to you when you took your Aldino to Daytona last time. I am really looking forward to seing your IMSA car.

JohnWPB: I really hope you take your car, even if it's not done, I would suggest driving your car even with out the whole dash.
I am not sure if you know that you can bolt the instrument panel w/ out the whole dash, that is how my car will probably be there
I suggest you drive it the way it is so that you can build up your confidence on the car and if anything happens you will be closer to home and you will catch it before the show.

Exoticse.... you son of a gun, you made me spend about 3 hrs , man I could not stop reading the whole build tread on that car.
I really hope he makes it, that guy has skills
I wish you would be taking your car.....

John, in case you don't remember me, I am one of the Central Florida guys that went to Jimmy's place when he had the Tech session.

Randye: I am hoping you can make it since I have not seen you at Daytona for a couple of years.
I remember when you took your car last time, you were very nice and answered all the questions I asked about your car.
Since my car will be in really ruff stage, I hope to get some feedback and tips from you

[This message has been edited by 85LAMB (edited 02-22-2014).]

JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2014 01:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Don Kraus:
John,is there parking at the hotel for trucks with trailers,and what safety items do we need,like helmets,rollbars etc.at New Smyrna raceway?

The manager told me there is parking for 2 trailers and trucks. I know one of those spots is taken. The manager is very accommodating, and said she will work with us however she can. The next step is there is a Pep Boys Automotive store right next to the hotel, and I will see about parking right along the property line between the hotel and their store.

Thirdly, the Daytona track parking is right across the street from the hotel. I realize it is across the street, but would actually be closer than staying in a room in the center of the hotel, if your truck were parked behind the hotel.

Here is a photo standing at the Quality Inn looking across the street to the Daytona track:

Originally posted by 85LAMB:
JohnWPB: I really hope you take your car, even if it's not done, I would suggest driving your car even with out the whole dash.
John, in case you don't remember me, I am one of the Central Florida guys that went to Jimmy's place when he had the Tech session.

I am doing a bit of a "tech Day" here on the 15th of March before the show to get the car back together for Daytona actually. You are more then welcome to join us I don't care what the car looks like, as long as it is mechanically sound, I will be bringing it.

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 02-22-2014).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 9 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock