Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  West Michigan Fiero owners and Sightings (Page 1)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 13 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
West Michigan Fiero owners and Sightings by FieroMaster88
Started on: 03-17-2013 03:53 PM
Replies: 490 (10014 views)
Last post by: solotwo on 03-09-2017 07:58 AM
FieroMaster88

Feedback score:    (43)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2013 03:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It seems like there are a bunch of owners from the area on the forum. I've also started seeing a few around the Kalamazoo/Portage area. I figured I'd make a thread where everyone can post and say hi or list sightings from the west Michigan area. I know there a 6 in my neighborhood! Maybe we all could invade some cruise in's and shows in the area. The Gilmore Car Museum has a cruise-in every Wednesday night from 6pm-9pm during the summer. I plan on going to a few of those. I also plan on going to their dust off on Saturday May 11'th. Here's a link to their calendar of events: http://www.gilmorecarmuseum...ar%20full%20page.pdf

------------------

88 Coupe: 2.0L Turbo 4 Cylinder, W2A, T25 Turbo.
84 Indy #64: Restoration Project, Super Duty 4 swap

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
batousai666

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2013 04:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Me Mera X and the BlackDynamite are totally in.... Neighbor

[This message has been edited by batousai666 (edited 03-17-2013).]

FieroMaster88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2013 10:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I finally saw that red gt in town. It was driving down westnedge by bacon. Looks like a 86-87 gt with a luggage rack.
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2013 05:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Forty miles due east is where I am at.

Our group gets together monthly, we should all get together sometime.
RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 304
Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2013 06:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm technically in West Michigan, just a ways up north. The drive to Kalamazoo takes forever...
FieroMaster88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2013 07:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by olejoedad:

Forty miles due east is where I am at.

Our group gets together monthly, we should all get together sometime.

For sure.

I know there are more people on the forum from the Kalamazoo, portage, Vicksburg, Richland area. Where are you guys at?
Kevin87FieroGT

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2013 08:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kevin87FieroGTSend a Private Message to Kevin87FieroGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
solotwo

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2013 08:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There was at one time a "West Michigan Fiero Club" that met at Braans on Leonard NW. There were members from G.R., Muskegon, Holland, Allendale, Grand Haven, from the south, from the North. But it just didnt get the support to keep it going. You would be surprised at the number of Fieros in the Metro Grand Rapids Area! Then you go north, south, east and west of GR and you will find Fieros! It is surprising the number of V8 Fieros running around in the Metro GR area. I would say from the Indiana boarder to the U.P., the west side of the state has a lot of Fieros.

That said I live on the North East side of Grand Rapids. I have driven Fieros "daily" since December 2001. I would like to visit Gilmore Farms again. It has been about 30 years since I went with the West Michigan Chapter of Pontiac Oakland Club International. Now that the kids are gone and the ex dumped me,(she hated cars, car shows etc.) I can go to car shows. And the dear lady I am married to now Likes Cars and Car shows!

Steve W.
NE Grand Rapids, MI
88 Coupe 1st Fiero totaled
87 GT 3800SC 2nd Fiero
1988 Formula

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2013 06:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1988 FormulaSend a Private Message to 1988 FormulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am just down the road in the greater Vicksburg area and will be cruising the black Formula again this summer. Looking forward to some Wednesday night cruise ins out at the Red Barns!

Kevin Campbell

[This message has been edited by 1988 Formula (edited 03-19-2013).]

Gall757

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2013 09:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I really need to park my car next to yours and look for things I can fix.

GM Shane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2013 09:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GM ShaneSend a Private Message to GM ShaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RWDPLZ:

I'm technically in West Michigan, just a ways up north. The drive to Kalamazoo takes forever...

The Northern Michigan thread would be me, you, and that one guy with the red notchie.
PFF
System Bot
FieroMaster88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2013 09:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 1988 Formula:

I am just down the road in the greater Vicksburg area and will be cruising the black Formula again this summer. Looking forward to some Wednesday night cruise ins out at the Red Barns!

Kevin Campbell

Wow that's a clean Formula!
solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2013 09:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cool the Fieros in West Michigan are coming out of the closetgarage.

[This message has been edited by solotwo (edited 03-20-2013).]

wmorse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2013 06:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wmorseSend a Private Message to wmorseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll be back in Galesburg for the summer once school is out. Last summer I took the Fiero to the cruise-ins whenever I wasn't working on Wednesdays, I'll be doing the same this summer. It would be awesome to see more Fieros at the cruise-ins. I only ever saw 1 other fiero there last year, a red 88 GT if I remember correctly.
solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2013 06:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Where is the cruise in held?

[This message has been edited by solotwo (edited 03-20-2013).]

batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2013 06:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by solotwo:

Where is he cruse in held?

here ya go pal
http://www.gilmorecarmuseum...vent_id=34&nav_id=5&

it would be cool to show up in force.
i will be eating the diner out of house and home, too.

[This message has been edited by batousai666 (edited 03-20-2013).]

solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2013 11:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would really like to see fieromaster88 turbo notchie. My first Fiero was a notchie & I drove it daily for 12 years, so I have a soft spot for notchback look. I like the amenities of the GT, but I have get used to the fastback of the GT.

[This message has been edited by solotwo (edited 03-22-2013).]

solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2013 11:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

solotwo

5374 posts
Member since Jun 2002
Hey it is getting warmer! It is getting closer to the time to put the summer wheels back on!
What about Bob

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2013 12:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for What about BobSend a Private Message to What about BobEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
James, The Wednesday night at the barn sounds great.

solo, I really like the looks of your car for some strange reason

solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2013 12:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bob I think I have met you! Did you come to a West Michigan Fiero Club meeting one time and demo a headlight motor rebuild! I have an '87 dealer product book and noticed the marron was new for 87. Boy I am finding out there are a lot of maroon/silver GT's built.

What about Bob

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2013 12:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for What about BobSend a Private Message to What about BobEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nope, it wasn't me. I didn't even know there was/is a West Michigane Fiero Club.

------------------
Bob
84 SE IMSA Widebody
87 GT 5spd
11 Cruze Eco

PFF
System Bot
solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2013 02:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry wrong Bob. He was active with the Michigan Fiero Club sometime ago. I think he is a member of Capital City Fiero Club also.

It didnt register that you are from Portage by Kazo!

FieroMaster88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2013 06:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm ready for spring and cruise ins.
tebailey

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2013 07:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tebaileySend a Private Message to tebaileyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Am I the only one in the tri-cities? Would love to be able to drive mine there, but not quite ready yet. Need one more summer. Mine doesn't look like a Fiero anymore though. The entire body was removed and replaced with a Kelmark body.
Jeff Young

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2013 07:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jeff YoungSend a Private Message to Jeff YoungEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Spring is coming, I need new tires and I hope to be on the road soon.
I saw two Fieros in the GRF airport area friday, 3-15.
solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2013 08:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jeff Young:

Jeff have I seen your car? I work in Lowell and have not noticed any Fieros. I drive my Fiero daily.

[This message has been edited by solotwo (edited 03-24-2013).]

solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2013 08:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

solotwo

5374 posts
Member since Jun 2002
What about Bob. I like your wheels what size are they? What brand are they?
batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2013 08:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jeff Young:

i was working at ConAgra across from the airport in 2011 and noticed this everyday...so i had to get a snap with my Mera X before i broke it that same year all them high spirited commutes finally took their toll

trivet

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2013 08:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for trivetSend a Private Message to trivetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tebailey:

Am I the only one in the tri-cities? Would love to be able to drive mine there, but not quite ready yet. Need one more summer. Mine doesn't look like a Fiero anymore though. The entire body was removed and replaced with a Kelmark body.

Not at all! I'm in Bay City! I'd love to see how the Kelmark is coming along. Can't wait to get my GT out of storage in a few weeks.....

Tim

------------------
Tim
'87 GT Auto
Med Red Metallic
78K miles
Bay City, MI

solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2013 08:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Oh donkey poo. I just looked on my calendar. Daughter #2 is getting married on May 11th. Poo I was hoping to go to the Dust off @Gilmore. If I had my way I would go to the dust off. I know it sounds bad, but since her mother dumped me back in 99 the only time she called me is when she needed her car fixed or $$ or a combination of both. Never ever get a call just to talk. Just to fix what ever at her house or what ever she is driving.

solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2013 08:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

solotwo

5374 posts
Member since Jun 2002
Tim
'87 GT Auto
Med Red Metallic
78K miles
Bay City, MI

Another maroon gt. Is that the only color any one purchase in 87?? Since I bought an 87 GT that is maroon or #77 Medium Red Metallic it seems that's all that is around. FYI, I have an '87 dealer "Pontiac Product Book".

PFF
System Bot
SEfiero85

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2013 09:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SEfiero85Send a Private Message to SEfiero85Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My 85 SE I just got out last week still need to get that last piece of trim on the passenger side door sorry for the crappy pic I'm in Vicksburg, MI it would be great to meet up with some of you local guys to go on a cruise or to shows

batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2013 05:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
man....what are we gonna do till May???
i am itchin for a road trip, anywhere!! i am gonna get into trouble if i stay in the Kalamazoo area
this 3800 is soooooo zippy

BUUUUUUUMMMP!!!

[This message has been edited by batousai666 (edited 03-29-2013).]

What about Bob

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2013 05:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for What about BobSend a Private Message to What about BobEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

What about Bob. I like your wheels what size are they? What brand are they?

They are 16x7 or 16x8. TSW is the brand. They were on the car when I bought it
solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2013 09:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by batousai666:

man....what are we gonna do till May???
i am itchin for a road trip, anywhere!! i am gonna get into trouble if i stay in the Kalamazoo area
this 3800 is soooooo zippy

BUUUUUUUMMMP!!!

It is hard for this old man to be good. Man just lightly touch the pedal and your are going! It seems like mine is loading up and needs to be cleaned out. I notice a miss once in a while. Boy you try cleaning it out and no time your in ticket land!

solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2013 09:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

solotwo

5374 posts
Member since Jun 2002
Modernistic cleaned the carpets at our house Thursday. I took the day off and worked on the Fiero. Scott was the tech and said his friend from the Kazoo area had 3 or 4 Fieros. Wonder who that is? Man there are a lot of Fieros in Kazoo.
batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2013 08:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

It is hard for this old man to be good. Man just lightly touch the pedal and your are going! It seems like mine is loading up and needs to be cleaned out. I notice a miss once in a while. Boy you try cleaning it out and no time your in ticket land!

indeed.......i forgot my entrance badge for work yesterday. thank my lucky stars i drove BlackDynamite
i made 7 miles one way and back in under 10 minutes .......peeeeeown!!!!!
with this car its not just about the HP its also the handling....this sucker sticks and gets

i may have to check our Modernistic for that Fiero guy the more the merrier i always say. i also seem to have a few Co-workers up in the Holt/Lansing area that say there is a guy up there with "like an SH*T ton of Fieros" too....swapped and not "with 3 in the yard all the time."
so i may have to check out the Capitol City Fiero site for him too........love it.

today we get new pads all around. but its still a tick below freezing so breakfast is first.........

[This message has been edited by batousai666 (edited 03-30-2013).]

solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2013 10:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by batousai666:

indeed.......i forgot my entrance badge for work yesterday. thank my lucky stars i drove BlackDynamite
i made 7 miles one way and back in under 10 minutes .......peeeeeown!!!!!
with this car its not just about the HP its also the handling....this sucker sticks and gets

i may have to check our Modernistic for that Fiero guy the more the merrier i always say. i also seem to have a few Co-workers up in the Holt/Lansing area that say there is a guy up there with "like an SH*T ton of Fieros" too....swapped and not "with 3 in the yard all the time."
so i may have to check out the Capitol City Fiero site for him too........love it.

today we get new pads all around. but its still a tick below freezing so breakfast is first.........

Dang while checking for a miss at full acceleration I got the miss and now check engine light is on. Runs good up 3000 then misses when under acceleration. Always something. I have to contact Sinister about the upshift light faintly coming on and off today. It no longer has a manual trans. Hey Bat I have been meaning to ask you about your steering. I am getting a clunk when turning real tight like when backing up or going forward when leaving a parking spot. You have wide tires how's your steering?

Thanks,
Steve

[This message has been edited by solotwo (edited 03-30-2013).]

olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2013 10:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice weather this weekend. Might get the 4.9 Formula uncovered and warmed up.
batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2013 11:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Dang while checking for a miss at full acceleration I got the miss and now check engine light is on. Runs good up 3000 then misses when under acceleration. Always something. I have to contact Sinister about the upshift light faintly coming on and off today. It no longer has a manual trans. Hey Bat I have been meaning to ask you about your steering. I am getting a clunk when turning real tight like when backing up or going forward when leaving a parking spot. You have wide tires how's your steering?
Thanks,
Steve

i got no clunking or what have you....the steering it tight and very responsive. i do however have new rust issues
it totally sucks that you have a check engine light sooo soon after purchase too.

nice puddle while at best Buy for an hour so so.......boooooooooo!!
stupid coolant pipe brackets all rusted and in turn i got pin holes.
typical Fiero design flaw. at least its on the same side as the crush........

[This message has been edited by batousai666 (edited 03-30-2013).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 13 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock