Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  3800 Turbo Build (Page 1)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 20 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
3800 Turbo Build by nosrac
Started on: 05-09-2012 10:45 PM
Replies: 787 (26728 views)
Last post by: MstangsBware on 08-27-2014 03:08 AM
nosrac

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2012 10:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Precision 6266 Turbo (T4 V-Band .81AR -750hp)

Siemens Deka 60# Injectors GOOD for 700HP

Turbosmart -> Comp-gate40 Wastegate, Supersonic BOV, Dual Stage Manual Boost Controller

L26 Upper Intake Manifold + HV3

Frozen Boost Air/Water Intercooler (Type 26)

Stage 3 Stattama Turbo Camshaft

130# Springs, Locks, Seals, Modded retainers

Double Roller Timing Chain

ZZP 3/8 Custom Pushrods

DeatschWerks DW300 Fuel pump with "Hot Wire" Kit

304 Stainless Power Log

Ported Rear Manifold

Custom T4 Turbo Adapter

Custom Tune

1 Hella Driver Mod

[This message has been edited by nosrac (edited 05-10-2012).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2012 10:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We want pictures!
nosrac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2012 10:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by doublec4:

We want pictures!

Your Will My Hands
Justinbart

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2012 10:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JustinbartSend a Private Message to JustinbartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

------------------
Turbo 3800 E85 5spd spec5
11.54@132.7

Justinbart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2012 11:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JustinbartSend a Private Message to JustinbartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Justinbart

3259 posts
Member since Sep 2009

Originally posted by nosrac:

Precision 6266 Turbo need more turbo

Turbosmart -> Comp-gate40 Wastegate, Supersonic BOV, Dual Stage Manual Boost Controller

L26 Upper Intake Manifold + HV3

Frozen Boost Air/Water Intercooler (Type 26) I likey

Stage 3 Stattama Turbo Camshaft Need more lump

130# Springs, Locks, Seals, Modded retainers

Double Roller Timing Chain

ZZP 3/8 Custom Pushrods why?

DeatschWerks DW300 Fuel pump with "Hot Wire" Kit
Injectors?
304 Stainless Power Log

Ported Rear Manifold

Custom T4 Turbo Adapter

Custom Tune

1 Hella Driver Mod you don't even know, young grasshopper

------------------
11.54@132.7

seajai

Feedback score:    (42)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2012 11:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for seajaiSend a Private Message to seajaiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm a newbie to this turbo stuff...... What is an HV3?
Justinbart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2012 11:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JustinbartSend a Private Message to JustinbartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by seajai:

It makes the intake runners shorter. You take the plastic insert runners out then put the HV3 in. Sort of smooths everything out.

------------------
11.54@132.7

[This message has been edited by Justinbart (edited 05-09-2012).]

nosrac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2012 11:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by seajai:

http://shop.zzperformance.c...y-Intake-Insert.aspx
mattwa

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2012 11:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So you are actually going to pay $200 for that thing? It's a nice piece I'm sure and really helps with RPMs but..pricey. I guess if you can afford all those turbo parts you can afford that insert...

Edit: After the pictures on the 1st post were added...yea, nevermind. Haha.

[This message has been edited by mattwa (edited 05-10-2012).]

Justinbart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2012 11:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JustinbartSend a Private Message to JustinbartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
High dollar build.

------------------
11.54@132.7

nosrac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2012 12:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Justinbart:

High dollar build.

I initially was going the High value Low budget Route but I thought...Hmmmm if I purchased a CT or ZZP Turbo kit (Which I would do if it fit in a Fiero) how much would I pay?
Then that was my base price point for the turbo build including selling all my SC parts.
PFF
System Bot
nosrac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2012 12:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

nosrac

3520 posts
Member since Jan 2005

Originally posted by mattwa:

So you are actually going to pay $200 for that thing? It's a nice piece I'm sure and really helps with RPMs but..pricey. I guess if you can afford all those turbo parts you can afford that insert...

Edit: After the pictures on the 1st post were added...yea, nevermind. Haha.

I actually got it during one of ZZP event sale thingie and paid like $125 40% off or something like that. It cost what it cost.....lol When you want what you want....
nosrac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2012 12:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

nosrac

3520 posts
Member since Jan 2005

Originally posted by Justinbart:

Precision 6266 Turbo need more turbo
Do you Really think so? It's rated @ 750HP and my goal is 500WHP which is a pretty solid 10.5 on a BAD day.

Frozen Boost Air/Water Intercooler (Type 26) I likey
Me too as I changed my mind with the other one I bought. It fits perfect and good up to 1200HP

ZZP 3/8 Custom Pushrods why?
I guess I am a sucker,
I read this "provide better high rpm performance with stiff valve springs " and proceeded to add it to my basket.

Injectors?
Reposted above 60#

1 Hella Driver Mod you don't even know, young grasshopper
I would love to race you on that circle track....hehe Bow down to the new king of the hill....

[This message has been edited by nosrac (edited 05-10-2012).]

mattwa

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2012 12:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by nosrac:

I actually got it during one of ZZP event sale thingie and paid like $125 40% off or something like that. It cost what it cost.....lol When you want what you want....

That's a great deal, I would do that amount. Cool!
Justinbart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2012 12:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JustinbartSend a Private Message to JustinbartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Do you Really think so? It's rated @ 750HP and my goal is 500WHP which is a pretty solid 10.5 on a BAD day.

Well, I think its bigger than my turbo but if you're buying brand new, go big or go home. I would rather work my way into a 6776 instead of starting out pretty much maxed. If its too late though I'm sure it will keep you satisfied for a little while.

------------------
11.54@132.7

mattwa

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2012 12:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
And to think I bought a tiny T3 Garrett AiResearch Turbo for my 3.4 many years ago...
MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2012 09:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sucks I don't have time to do the build but then again it takes alot off my work load....The finished product should wake the car up......

revin

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 234
Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2012 09:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice! when is the de-mod sale
So is Mustangbeware doing the install? If you need help I am only 4 hours away.
MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2012 10:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by revin:

Nice! when is the de-mod sale
So is Mustangbeware doing the install? If you need help I am only 4 hours away.

I am not doing the install...He wants it done by summer time and with all that I have going on I will not be able to do that.....He is having a local mechanic do the install that he has went to for years. I already hit him up on the de-mod as I was to go back ICed on my daily....Riding in your car at the Ruckus confirmed that......
mattwa

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2012 10:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Why can't you do it yourself?
revin

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 234
Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2012 10:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
He is too busy tuning PCM's! lol
PFF
System Bot
Pete Matos

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2012 10:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Pete MatosSend a Private Message to Pete MatosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Jeez man.... I think we are all very impressed with those same photos of turbo parts and manifolds you have posted here quite a few places. When are we gonna see them going on a motor? I for one am really looking forward to seeing your car tear into the tens and with that stuff it damn well should but it is not gonna do ANYTHING just sitting on the desk in your den...hehehe Congrats on some fine parts man. Peace

Pete

nosrac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2012 11:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Pete Matos:

Jeez man.... I think we are all very impressed with those same photos of turbo parts and manifolds you have posted here quite a few places. When are we gonna see them going on a motor? I for one am really looking forward to seeing your car tear into the tens and with that stuff it damn well should but it is not gonna do ANYTHING just sitting on the desk in your den...hehehe Congrats on some fine parts man. Peace

Pete

I plan on dropping the car off this Saturday. I have a few more parts that have NOT arrived yet. Hope to be complete by the middle of June.
BV MotorSports

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 189
Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2012 11:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mmmm proper build! Me likey!
nosrac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2012 11:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Why can't you do it yourself?

I could if push came to shove but I have some of the same excuses that you have.
It's NOT rocket science but experience, skill and the right tools make the job a hella lot easier and elliminate costly mistakes.

I just don't have the equipment or the space right now in my life.

nosrac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2012 11:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

nosrac

3520 posts
Member since Jan 2005

Originally posted by MstangsBware:

I am not doing the install...He wants it done by summer time and with all that I have going on I will not be able to do that.....He is having a local mechanic do the install that he has went to for years. ...

When you can't get what you want you must settle for what you can get.
Steel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2012 01:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SteelSend a Private Message to SteelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice build!

I'm sooo close with mine almost have it completely broke in and ready to race.

Bozzie

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2012 05:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice build, im watching this one as well. Real clean install. Where did you get that T4 adaptor for your headers ?

LFiero67

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2012 06:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LFiero67Send a Private Message to LFiero67Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
T3 6266 is a 9 second turbo for Buick regal guys, don't think 500 RWHP will be anywhere near the limits of his. I'm not going I say too much about mine till I have a time slip, but my little t3 6262 has already done that...

------------------
11.425 @115.60
Best 60' 1.543 seconds
3800 S/C 4T65E

New combo : Billet 6262 Precision turbo, PT1001 intercooler, ST1 cam, 130lb springs, comp pushrods, HV3, otherwise stock L36.

nosrac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2012 06:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Bozzie:

Nice build, im watching this one as well. Real clean install. Where did you get that T4 adaptor for your headers ?

Ebay! I can order you one or put you in touch with the guy who made it. I was going to get a run of 10 and sell them here but opted to let him put them on his ebay store but that didn't happen.

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/121319.html
nosrac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2012 07:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

nosrac

3520 posts
Member since Jan 2005

Originally posted by LFiero67:

T3 6266 is a 9 second turbo for Buick regal guys, don't think 500 RWHP will be anywhere near the limits of his. I'm not going I say too much about mine till I have a time slip, but my little t3 6262 has already done that...

JUST noticed you have a L36? I hope that holds up to your Turbo Powah !

I think with my Turbo Mods, Custom Tune, and Hella Driver Skill It’s going to get very interesting.
Go Big or GO home isn’t the best motto to take to the ¼ mile strip. Believe dat !
FieroX ran 10.2 when he was making ~450WHP. However, I think he ran a slower time with the bigger turbo.
PFF
System Bot
mattwa

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2012 07:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well if I ever did a Turbo it would be with my current L36. Wouldn't try to go to 500WHP with it though. More like 350WHP.
Pete Matos

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2012 07:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Pete MatosSend a Private Message to Pete MatosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by LFiero67:

Aw man.....Holding out on us are ya? When can we see this time slip? SOON I HOPE!! hehe peace

Pete
darkhorizon

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 451
Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2012 07:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The pt6266 is a 9 second turbo in a fiero.. it will work just dandy with enough octane.

The ST3 cam is the worst idling turbo cam out there... so it should lump well.

Real clean install.

Are these suppose to be digs at me? If I am not mistaken the ass mount turbo setup here is no different than anything I have put together.

Well if I ever did a Turbo it would be with my current L36. Wouldn't try to go to 500WHP with it though. More like 350WHP.

A L36 is much different than a L26... We have taken L36s up passed 600whp without issues a few times... The L26 stuff likes to give up at 500whp it seems.
mattwa

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2012 08:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by darkhorizon:
A L36 is much different than a L26... We have taken L36s up passed 600whp without issues a few times... The L26 stuff likes to give up at 500whp it seems.

The powder metal rods are that bad?
LFiero67

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2012 08:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LFiero67Send a Private Message to LFiero67Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well if it makes 9 sec power at 3700 lbs, it better be 9 sec capable in a 3100 lb Fiero. 6262 has gone 10.5 at ~3600 lbs, with a T3 housing and a smaller cam that the ST3.

------------------
11.425 @115.60
Best 60' 1.543 seconds
3800 S/C 4T65E

New combo : Billet 6262 Precision turbo, PT1001 intercooler, ST1 cam, 130lb springs, comp pushrods, HV3, otherwise stock L36.

BV MotorSports

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 189
Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2012 11:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by darkhorizon:

Real clean install.

Are these suppose to be digs at me? If I am not mistaken the ass mount turbo setup here is no different than anything I have put together.

Wait, what? Who is talking about you? I thought you were banned anyway. LOL Damn, must suck to be on the defensive all the time. I guess this is you admitting your car looks ....(/insert nice comment) ... the opposite of what nosrac is doing?

Sorry, but you arent even on the radar on this one, Ace.

[This message has been edited by BV MotorSports (edited 05-10-2012).]

MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2012 11:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I can say that this build will be a very clean swap with nothing but the best parts with no corners cut. I did the SC swap for him and he spared not expense on the parts he choose for the swap. It will be a beast once it is on the road forsure......
nosrac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2012 03:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MstangsBware:

I can say that this build will be a very clean swap with nothing but the best parts with no corners cut. I did the SC swap for him and he spared not expense on the parts he choose for the swap. It will be a beast once it is on the road forsure......

Yeah, I hope it will be clean as lemon fresh Pine Sol, and eat ZR1's for lunch in the 1/4 mile including ones with the 10.4's Driver mod.

Texas Motor Speedway Friday Night drags starts mid June and I hope to have the tune dialed in by then and taking on ALL comers.

The Fiero don't dodge anybody...

They though the 3800SC Fiero was Fast .... Wait til they get a load of the Version 2.0 -> 3800TeeBo Fiero.

Also, I WILL have my rear mounted camera so I can show the whole azz whoopin.
nosrac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2012 03:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

nosrac

3520 posts
Member since Jan 2005

Originally posted by Steel:

Nice build!

I'm sooo close with mine almost have it completely broke in and ready to race.

Show us !

I remeber you started collecting parts but I haven't seen any updates in a while from you.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 20 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock