Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  3800 Turbo Build (Page 6)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 20 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
3800 Turbo Build by nosrac
Started on: 05-09-2012 10:45 PM
Replies: 787 (26727 views)
Last post by: MstangsBware on 08-27-2014 03:08 AM
Justinbart

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2012 01:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JustinbartSend a Private Message to JustinbartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by nosrac:

3" Turbo Outlet...3" Straight Through Turbine Exhaust...3" Resenator Tip

Not your ordinary straight through muffler....

I think that works on the same technology as the tornado air intake insert.

------------------
Turbo 3800 E85 F23 5spd spec5
11.54@132.7

IP: Logged
nosrac

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2012 02:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Justinbart:

I think that works on the same technology as the tornado air intake insert.

hammer18

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2012 09:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hammer18Send a Private Message to hammer18Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
looking good so far!
Fierofreak00

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 170
Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2012 09:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierofreak00Send a Private Message to Fierofreak00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'd like to "hear"a comparison test.. Or what it actually sounds like. -Jason
Silentassassin185

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2012 09:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Silentassassin185Send a Private Message to Silentassassin185Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fierofreak00:

I'd like to "hear"a comparison test.. Or what it actually sounds like. -Jason

I was thinking the same thing.
Justinbart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2012 12:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JustinbartSend a Private Message to JustinbartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
While your builder is making the exhaust you could have him make you a racing dump that you could easily clamp onto the turbo for track days or when you want that loud rumble on a cruise or something. Just some 3" of 4" diameter pipe that goes down about 4" off the ground. I bet you would notice a difference.

------------------
11.54@132.7

nosrac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2012 04:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

darkhorizon

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 451
Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2012 05:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Custom invisible drain tube?
mptighe

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 122
Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2012 05:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking good man, and moving along nicely. For a non Fiero based shop, it looks like they're doing well. You wanted it fast and decent quality, so I guess you had to sacrafice price then. I'd like to see it in person eventually. Everyone up at the Carlisle show will get to see mine before I do lol.
nosrac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2012 06:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by darkhorizon:

Custom invisible drain tube?

Need to measurements for custom length. How did u route yours?
nosrac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2012 06:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

nosrac

3520 posts
Member since Jan 2005

Originally posted by mptighe:

Looking good man, and moving along nicely. For a non Fiero based shop, it looks like they're doing well. You wanted it fast and decent quality, so I guess you had to sacrafice price then. I'd like to see it in person eventually. Everyone up at the Carlisle show will get to see mine before I do lol.

I have been taking my cars to this shop since 1994. I know the owner well and it's NOT too expensive.
He has been doing most of the maintence on the Fiero since the 3800 Swap including the Lebaron brake swap and completely upgraded suspension (poly, ball joints, coil overs).
PFF
System Bot
darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2012 07:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Need to measurements for custom length. How did u route yours?

under the diff.

It wont be ideal looking, it will "U" a bit.
nosrac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2012 08:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

under the diff.

Can't see it down there anyway. I assume no smoking and backed up oil issues.
darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2012 09:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
no problems yet.
Justinbart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2012 09:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JustinbartSend a Private Message to JustinbartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Purdy

------------------
11.54@132.7

GMEFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2012 10:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GMEFieroSend a Private Message to GMEFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just waiting to hit the lottery so I can steal all the ideas I see here and have the baddest Fiero on the block. Can't wait to see how this turns out and if I ever make it to Texas I'll make it a point to see this bad boy run.
darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2012 11:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I doubt the lottery is required here... There is not much more than $1000-$2000 that has to go into a turbo setup.. Mostly depends on how much work you do for yourself.
Pete Matos

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2012 11:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Pete MatosSend a Private Message to Pete MatosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nosrac,
Hey man that is looking pretty sharp. It also looks like you are getting close to being able to stick it back in your hotrod soon. Gonna be pretty interesting to see how this baby runs for you. Good luck with it and I hope to be building something similar(but hopefully cheaper) real soon. peace

Pete

hammer18

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2012 10:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hammer18Send a Private Message to hammer18Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bump to the front
BV MotorSports

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 189
Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2012 01:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
When my F23 breaks, I am gonna throw the 4T65HD in there. I dont wanna, but something tells me a slushbox is in my future!

MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2012 03:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BV MotorSports:

When my F23 breaks, I am gonna throw the 4T65HD in there. I dont wanna, but something tells me a slushbox is in my future!

Good thing is the 65E isn't a slush box so you will not be disappointed with it....Can be tuned to **** to your liking...
PFF
System Bot
GMEFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2012 08:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GMEFieroSend a Private Message to GMEFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I doubt the lottery is required here... There is not much more than $1000-$2000 that has to go into a turbo setup.. Mostly depends on how much work you do for yourself.

I know as far as the parts the lottery isnt required but seeing as a mechanic I am not, labor is were my wallet will have to assume the position. I'm actually considering going to school for automotive just so i can do my own work.
Justinbart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2012 11:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JustinbartSend a Private Message to JustinbartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Tick-Tock

------------------
11.54@132.7

nosrac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2012 10:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

No Updates !
blakeinspace

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2012 01:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

No Updates !

you realize... that sentence in and of itself is an update..., right?....

Justinbart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2012 10:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JustinbartSend a Private Message to JustinbartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

------------------
11.54@132.7

nosrac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2012 10:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not much to report as they did NOT work on my car last week and he was out sick today.

However, I don't have a trunk anymore...as the installer got buck wild with the sawzall

When I say NO trunk I mean competely gone as in now THEY need to weld in a support brace!

Not sure why they didn't just cut the Smiley face portion from under the trunk light.

I'm really not happy about that as I though the turbo would fit under the 1/2 tunk shelf without issue.
Justinbart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2012 11:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JustinbartSend a Private Message to JustinbartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Not much to report as they did NOT work on my car last week and he was out sick today.

However, I don't have a trunk anymore...as the installer got buck wild with the sawzall

When I say NO trunk I mean competely gone as in now THEY need to weld in a support brace!

Not sure why they didn't just cut the Smiley face portion from under the trunk light.

I'm really not happy about that as I though the turbo would fit under the 1/2 tunk shelf without issue.

Lolwut? Guess you should have showed them some pictures of mine.

------------------
11.54@132.7

revin

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 234
Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2012 10:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Tell us more about that cool lookin' green toque strut! did you make that ? If that is what it takes to go fast, I guess I need two!!

j/k get it on the road!!

P.S. I don't like the way your bung hole is looking at me! LOL

[This message has been edited by revin (edited 06-27-2012).]

Justinbart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2012 11:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JustinbartSend a Private Message to JustinbartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

------------------
11.54@132.7

Dementia

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2012 07:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DementiaSend a Private Message to DementiaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

DAMN! That sucs, been nice to have a little storage. Before I got my car someone did it to my front. I don't have any headlight mounts, I just bought some of doublec's to fix that issue once and for all. Anyway good looking build, and minus the trunk u should be very happy.
PFF
System Bot
nosrac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2012 05:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Justinbart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2012 05:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JustinbartSend a Private Message to JustinbartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking good. I like the oil drain.

------------------
11.54@132.7

darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2012 07:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Eww, LT1 maf? really? Shooting for a insane 13psi with that sucker now?
nosrac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2012 07:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

How did u route yours?

under the diff.

Originally posted by Justinbart:

Looking good. I like the oil drain.

I like the Oil return too, I like it alot! and I don't care what Nobody says DH is all right with me....LOL
nosrac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2012 07:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

nosrac

3520 posts
Member since Jan 2005

Eww, LT1 maf? really? Shooting for a insane 13psi with that sucker now?

How much PSI do you think I can get before I grenade the trans?

If that 13 PSI is a 10.8...then...I'm good.

I will get the Fixed Freq or Mini AFC after I get it running good as I think 10.5 should be around 18 psi.

[This message has been edited by nosrac (edited 07-03-2012).]

mptighe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2012 07:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Question, will cutting the trunk out completely cause any stability issues? Most people I've seen have left the cross-member (not sure what it's called).
nosrac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2012 08:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mptighe:

Question, will cutting the trunk out completely cause any stability issues? Most people I've seen have left the cross-member (not sure what it's called).

Yep, I need some kind of tower brace.
The installer has something in mind as in bolting the original trunk strut brace back in and making it removable.
I plan on getting the Fiero Store strut tower brace for added strength. Hopefuly, the 84-87 will work with my Dickman decklit strut.

I hate that he cut the trunk like that as it was NOT needed, IMO.
He just got too happy with the sawzall.
mptighe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2012 08:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Yep, I need some kind of tower brace.
The installer has something in mind as in bolting the original trunk strut brace back in and making it removable.
I plan on getting the Fiero Store strut tower brace for added strength. Hopefuly, the 84-87 will work with my Dickman decklit strut.

I hate that he cut the trunk like that as it was NOT needed, IMO.
He just got too happy with the sawzall.

Damn, sorry man. I wasn't too happy with my trunk being cut. I would have been even less thrilled if the entire thing had been cut out. I'm sure there are work arounds. It's looking pretty good otherwise.
LFiero67

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2012 10:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LFiero67Send a Private Message to LFiero67Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
13.5 psi was 10.8 for me, 18 was 10.30. Your 60' and spool are going to be the determining factors in ET, but should get to 130 mph around 15 psi.

I run what I believe is an LT1/ early LS1 MAF, no translator, it might be broken, or the way I have it oriented in the air stream, but it reads repeatably and smoothly all the way to the 512 g/s PCM limit. Your results may vary lol.

Your wastegate return is going to cause turbulence at the turbine exit, may or may not create issues. I would run it in at an angle, or better yet dump to atmosphere.

Looking good, can't wait to see some results!

------------------
11.425 @115.60
Best 60' 1.543 seconds
3800 S/C 4T65E

New combo : Billet 6262 Precision turbo, PT1001 intercooler, ST1 cam, 130lb springs, comp pushrods, HV3, ARP Rod bolts, otherwise stock L36.
10.263 @ 134.44MPH

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 20 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock