A thread for the next 5 months by yellowstone
Started on: 10-05-2011 06:57 AM
Replies: 282 (15557 views)
Last post by: yellowstone on 01-23-2014 08:55 PM
wftb

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2012 05:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wftbSend a Private Message to wftbEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
corvette calipers are great performers but really not much for looks .i just put a set of these wilwoods on the front of my car :

these are direct replacements for any one with a lebaron 11" setup .3.3 lbs lighter than cast iron gm stockers .sorry about the ugly rotors , clean up is next job .
IP: Logged
yellowstone

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 250
Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2012 06:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking at this material to replace the gutter guard in my grille, hood and side scoops: http://www.mcnichols.com/pr...e/material/aluminum/

randye

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2012 10:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by yellowstone:

Looking at this material to replace the gutter guard in my grille, hood and side scoops: http://www.mcnichols.com/pr...e/material/aluminum/

YES...(assuming it will be black)

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 02-17-2012).]

yellowstone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2012 01:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
New cam, valve springs, lifters, zinc-enriched oil:

Engine out:

Cam coming out:

Old cam:

Putting it back together:

Newly painted engine bay:

Haven't heard from Dean yet if he has started the engine and how it runs now...

------------------

Currently being upgraded at Whodeanie Customs with many TLG Automotive parts

www.yellowfiero.com Pictures Modifications

[This message has been edited by yellowstone (edited 02-21-2012).]

Marine1981

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2012 02:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Marine1981Click Here to visit Marine1981's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marine1981Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking good so far. I saw your car at Daytona last year, very nicely done.
yellowstone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2012 11:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just spoke to Dean and my engine is going back in today. I'm wondering what the ECM will make of all the mods... Anyways, Ryan (Darth Fiero) will tune the ECM for my application.

I also need a new AC compressor - it never ends...
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2012 11:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Does that mean that one should use the additive or should not?

Use a recommended break-in lube for break-in. I would then consider using a ZDDP additive after that with your regular oil changes.
Current spec motor oil that reads "For Gasoline Engines" has much lower ZDDP content than it did when our cars were built. As such, it accelerates wear on parts like flat tappet cams. Virtually all modern engines use roller cams, so the low zinc content isn't a problem, but on older engines it can be a BIG problem.

I've been running STP oil treatment with each oil change on my Fiero as a precaution, but on a new engine, I'd want to make certain it was getting enough zinc to lubricate the lifters and cam.

There is some controversy as whether this is a real concern or not. It's definitely worth some reasearch, but I'd err on the side of caution with a new engine.
yellowstone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2012 02:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Formula88:

Use a recommended break-in lube for break-in.

I bought Edelbrock High Performance Zinc Enhanced Formula Oil 10W40 and will continue using it in the future. Better safe than sorry!
yellowstone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2012 06:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Engine is back in the car and Dean came up with an awesome cover for the DTB intake from TLG.

And the decklid closes!

[This message has been edited by yellowstone (edited 02-23-2012).]

yellowstone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2012 06:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

yellowstone

9299 posts
Member since Jun 2003
Ladies and gentlemen, test fitting of the redesigned Whodeanie rockers!!!!

Also, Dean set the coilovers and the car is LOW now!

And don't those brakes look pretty?

------------------

Currently being upgraded at Whodeanie Customs with many TLG Automotive parts

www.yellowfiero.com Pictures Modifications

infinitewill

Feedback score:    (55)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2012 06:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Engine is back in the car and Dean came up with an awesome cover for the DTB intake form TLG.

Sweet! Glad it is going to a good home Dean does it again!

Dr. W.

------------------
Is your Fastback GT's trunk seal shot? My Gen III replacement GT trunk seals with solid molded corners are now in production. $95 + $15 flat rate shipping to the US (contact me for international shipping rates) or buy two and pay only a single shipping rate! More info can be found here GT Trunk Seal Project

PFF
System Bot
rpro

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 76
Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2012 06:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rproSend a Private Message to rproEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks fantastic. 33 days and counting until Daytona. Can you make it?
yellowstone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2012 07:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dean says yes.

Originally posted by rpro:

Looks fantastic. 33 days and counting until Daytona. Can you make it?

rpro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2012 07:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rproSend a Private Message to rproEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Dean says yes.

Cool, are you registered? I didn't see your name on the track registration page. http://floridafieros.org/da...a2012/Registered.htm
yellowstone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2012 07:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Until now I just showed up at Daytona and paid at the door. Any reason why I absolutely have to register?
FieroMaster88

Feedback score:    (43)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2012 07:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking good!

------------------

88 Coupe: 2.0L Turbo 4 Cylinder
84 Indy #64: Restoration Project!

rpro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2012 07:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rproSend a Private Message to rproEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No, no reason at all not to do it that way. I'd be glad to manually add you to the list. It's just intended to let people know who's attending. PM me with your information and I'll get you listed.

One thing I DO wish you would do is complete this RSVP form, so we know how many people to expect at the various functions.

Florida Fiero Weekend Activity Form

[This message has been edited by rpro (edited 02-23-2012).]

yellowstone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2012 08:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rpro:

One thing I DO wish you would do is complete this RSVP form, so we know how many people to expect at the various functions.

Florida Fiero Weekend Activity Form

Done, where do I get the track registration form?
rpro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2012 08:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rproSend a Private Message to rproEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
yellowstone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2012 08:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
OK, got the track registration for Daytona!
yellowstone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2012 09:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

yellowstone

9299 posts
Member since Jun 2003

Ladies and gentlemen, test fitting of the redesigned Whodeanie rockers!!!!

This is the photoshop I did back in 2010. Let's see how it will turn out in real life...

PFF
System Bot
ckrummy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2012 10:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ckrummySend a Private Message to ckrummyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Man i love this car, and it's only getting better, a series III 3800 sc would be amazing, but that's just me.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2012 01:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Sweet !

I remember when Dean first came out with these on his old daily driver and i immediatly thought of you and sent you a pm about how good they would look on your car.

When i went to his shop last summer i saw them sitting around unfinished and inquired to Dean about them again. Glad to see they are going on your car, where they will look amazing.
yellowstone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2012 06:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm on a roll! Just ordered front and rear trunk covers from Russ88TTop and SS pegasus emblems from silver 85 sc!
yellowstone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2012 10:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dean tweaked the engine cover again after we discussed that a little red would tie everything together better.

Marine1981

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2012 11:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Marine1981Click Here to visit Marine1981's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marine1981Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very nice, definitely makes it stand out.
nitroheadz28

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2012 01:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A work of art!!

Can you tell me the model number of the wilwood calipers? I'd be interested in those if I end up picking up another Fiero since I already have Lebaron swap brackets+ rotors.
yellowstone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2012 02:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by nitroheadz28:

A work of art!!

Can you tell me the model number of the wilwood calipers? I'd be interested in those if I end up picking up another Fiero since I already have Lebaron swap brackets+ rotors.

You have to ask "wftb" about that because it was him who posted that.
wftb

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2012 03:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wftbSend a Private Message to wftbEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
part # s are on the box in the picture of the calipers .got them from summit racing .
nitroheadz28

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2012 04:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ha, how'd I not notice.. Thanks!
yellowstone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2012 06:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The new Hella HID/Xenon headlights being installed at the moment at Whodeanie Customs. Passenger side has the HID already, drivers side is still H7.

[This message has been edited by yellowstone (edited 02-27-2012).]

PFF
System Bot
yellowstone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2012 08:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

yellowstone

9299 posts
Member since Jun 2003
Hella HID's on both sides installed:

Dean and his crew turned off the lights in the shop and his comment was "these things are BRIGHT!"

yellowstone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2012 08:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

yellowstone

9299 posts
Member since Jun 2003
Progress with the taillights, too!

Lights on (note the awesome TLG side markers):

Braking:

Lights on and TLG's HID backup lights in action:

Braking, turn signals and backup lights (one can't really see that the turn signals are yellow):

I'm a very happy camper! :-)

[This message has been edited by yellowstone (edited 02-27-2012).]

randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2012 10:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Progress with the taillights, too!

Lights on (note the awesome TLG side markers):

WOW.....just WOW

I have the LED sidemarkers of course, but I MUST HAVE those taillights!!
Simply jaw dropping.

------------------

yellowstone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2012 07:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by randye:

WOW.....just WOW

I have the LED sidemarkers of course, but I MUST HAVE those taillights!!
Simply jaw dropping.

Now you have to come to Daytona to see them in person!

I'll be in Germany sometime within the next 3 months and could bring you a set.

Look here.

[This message has been edited by yellowstone (edited 02-28-2012).]

Oslo

Feedback score:    (53)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 126
Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2012 10:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OsloClick Here to visit Oslo's HomePageSend a Private Message to OsloEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
WOW!! That plenum cover looks INCREDIBLE!

------------------
Top Line Group Automotive
-Aftermarket accessories for the Fiero
www.TLG-Store.com
Find TLG on Facebook!

yellowstone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2012 11:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Indeed! You should have Dean produce them for the DTB intakes!

Originally posted by Oslo:

WOW!! That plenum cover looks INCREDIBLE!

randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2012 02:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Indeed! You should have Dean produce them for the DTB intakes!

That plenum cover would also look fantastic in carbon fiber!
(High gloss resin finish of course....)

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 02-28-2012).]

yellowstone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2012 03:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by randye:

That plenum cover would also look fantastic in carbon fiber!

Originally posted by randye:Carbon fiber body parts have only 3 places they are regularly seen:

1. On REAL race cars on a track

2. On PRETEND race cars that "boy racers" run about the streets with

3. On well known mega-dollar exotic cars

Randy, YOU of all people saying that?!?!?!
Pete Matos

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2012 03:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Pete MatosSend a Private Message to Pete MatosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Randy, YOU of all people saying that?!?!?!

Ooh!! Damn that sounds like a .......wait for it.....

http://www.youtube.com/watc...77aw&feature=related

Hehehehe....peace

Pete

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 8 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave