Fiero GTS by Bridgetown
Started on: 07-13-2008 02:58 AM
Replies: 352 (36318 views)
Last post by: Bridgetown on 05-10-2017 01:23 AM
Bridgetown

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2009 06:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BridgetownSend a Private Message to BridgetownEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Possibley, I haven't found anything I like yet.
IP: Logged
Bridgetown

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2009 06:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BridgetownSend a Private Message to BridgetownEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Finally got around to finishing my exhaust system. While I had the welder out I also welded a new dogbone bracket, and my front bumpstops. Oh, and I replaced my passenger side axle, whew, busy weekend.

Here is what it sounds like now.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L654KBdOQv4
Bridgetown

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2009 10:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BridgetownSend a Private Message to BridgetownEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Added a flex joint to my downpipe to account for engine movement.

Blueiii

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2009 11:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlueiiiSend a Private Message to BlueiiiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you for the pictures! Although I am using a "stock" fiberglass bumper, I'm using the same side scoops. I now regret going with a stock front bumper, although that may change eventually to the same ferrari style now that I've seen it. I'm hoping to see a few more tonight at a car show, where I know there are going to be several Fiero guys present.

I stole your photos and sent them to a couple guys in my local club to do some photoshop work. I'm getting close to paint, so I want to be sure before it goes in how I want it to come out. FYI, your car looks fantastic. This is almost exactly what I'm doing, although I'm going to color match the mirrors and go with a different color scheme.

I definitely would like to see this with the Kahines style lights, camaro spoiler and hatch. (Talk to Jimmy S - he makes a hatch now!) It looks as though you're a bit ahead of my progress. . . hopefully I'll catch up in a few weeks!
Bridgetown

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2009 12:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BridgetownSend a Private Message to BridgetownEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Blueiii:

Thank you for the pictures! Although I am using a "stock" fiberglass bumper, I'm using the same side scoops. I now regret going with a stock front bumper, although that may change eventually to the same ferrari style now that I've seen it. I'm hoping to see a few more tonight at a car show, where I know there are going to be several Fiero guys present.

I stole your photos and sent them to a couple guys in my local club to do some photoshop work. I'm getting close to paint, so I want to be sure before it goes in how I want it to come out. FYI, your car looks fantastic. This is almost exactly what I'm doing, although I'm going to color match the mirrors and go with a different color scheme.

I definitely would like to see this with the Kahines style lights, camaro spoiler and hatch. (Talk to Jimmy S - he makes a hatch now!) It looks as though you're a bit ahead of my progress. . . hopefully I'll catch up in a few weeks!

Thanks man. I am doing the kahines light panel this winter. Along with the 90mm headlights. I think I am going to make my own rear lip too. I am going to have my wheels in a few weeks as well. Feel free to use any photos you want. Let me know if you want some specific angles. I am going to take some pics when I get the new wheels. For now though I have to put in a new water pump cause I blew mine last night!
Bridgetown

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2009 09:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BridgetownSend a Private Message to BridgetownEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Car is filthy but I wanted to get some pics up of the new wheels & tires.

I went with:
215/45 on 17x7 +38mm Front
225/45 on 17x8 +35mm Rear
I really like how the narrower front wheel tire combo and higher offset sort of excentuates the wider rear lip. Now I need to get an alignment. Oh, and replace my water pump... and mabey my fuel filter, it never ends!

[This message has been edited by Bridgetown (edited 08-10-2009).]

Amida

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2009 08:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Bridgetown:

I went with:
215/45 on 17x7 +38mm Front
225/45 on 17x8 +35mm Rear

Nice!
Only 225 for the rear? With an 8" rim a 265/40 would work.

[This message has been edited by Amida (edited 08-07-2009).]

Bridgetown

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2009 09:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BridgetownSend a Private Message to BridgetownEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
265! I don't have that kind of power. 225 will more then handle my measly 190hp. Plus it is less unsprung weight.
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2009 11:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It'll have a meaty look at least & you might get hungry for some turbo power.
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2009 06:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2354 posts
Member since Jul 2003
My meaty Porsche wheels 18x10x275/35 on 1" adapters.

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2009 12:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Can you take a straight edge & tell me how much lower your rockers are to the nose? I'd like to confirm that it's an 1" Thanks.
PFF
System Bot
Bridgetown

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2009 12:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BridgetownSend a Private Message to BridgetownEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll take a look tomorrow, after work.
Blueiii

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2009 10:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlueiiiSend a Private Message to BlueiiiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
As promised, I had yours photoshopped to determine my paint scheme. . . here's one of the options I'm considering!

Bridgetown

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2009 12:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BridgetownSend a Private Message to BridgetownEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Amida:

Can you take a straight edge & tell me how much lower your rockers are to the nose? I'd like to confirm that it's an 1" Thanks.

I'm showing 1 1/8" but I think that my rockers are not quite fitted perfect. You would be safe to assume an inch as an average I think.
Bridgetown

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2009 08:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BridgetownSend a Private Message to BridgetownEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It was a nice day after work so I decided to snap some photots.

Marko

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2009 10:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MarkoSend a Private Message to MarkoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Now I'm drooling..........

The end result is fantastic.
Turned out really nice, very well thought out and executed.

How is it running?

Love the photos, from the River Bottom.

------------------
Marko.

'85 SE 2M6

[This message has been edited by Marko (edited 08-19-2009).]

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2009 12:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice shots.
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2009 07:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2354 posts
Member since Jul 2003

You going to paint the mirrors?
Bridgetown

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2009 10:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BridgetownSend a Private Message to BridgetownEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not sure yet. I've been working on getting it running good right now. The next thing I'll do is probably the taillights, then headlights. Then your chin, and a rear lip spoiler. Tint has got to go on sometime too. Then there's the interior still. Can you say money pit!
yellowstone

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 250
Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2009 10:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow! I really like what you have done with your car! Congrats!

But wait: 355 front, side scoops, lowered, no wing.... ah, now I know why I like this Fiero...

------------------

www.yellowfiero.com
17" DEZENT T wheels with 215/40 tires front and 235/45 rear, KONI shocks, EIBACH lowering springs, drilled/slotted rotors, SS brake hoses. PU dog bone, all bushings and engine mounts, K&N air and oil filters, Rebuilt&blueprinted V6, BORLA exhaust. Mercedes SLK yellow paintjob, Mr. Mikes leather seats, door skins, shift and e-brake boots. MP3 deck and custom subwoofer behind passenger seat, F355 style front, Aus' Stage 2 side scoops, "Fie Ro" extractor front scoop. Fiero Store rear swaybar, strut tower brace, black carpet, air intake. Rodney Dickman's competition short shifter, SS vacuum lines and deck lid strut. Billet aluminum dash kit from Kitcarman.

[This message has been edited by yellowstone (edited 08-20-2009).]

Bridgetown

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2009 10:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BridgetownSend a Private Message to BridgetownEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks man! I couldn't have done it without your car for inspiration.
PFF
System Bot
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2009 11:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bridgetown,

Awesome job !

Any plans to tint the windows ?
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2009 08:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Not sure yet.

Paint them body color.
Bridgetown

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2009 10:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BridgetownSend a Private Message to BridgetownEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:
Bridgetown,

Awesome job !

Any plans to tint the windows ?

Yup. Probably this fall or next spring.

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2009 09:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Stripes would look good.
Bridgetown

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2009 01:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BridgetownSend a Private Message to BridgetownEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, this weekend I finally got my engine bugs worked out. I think next month I am going to take a trip to the dyno for a baseline run. Can't wait!
carbon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2009 03:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would paint just the stands on the mirrors body color and leave the pod of the mirror black to match the window/trim in that area.
Bridgetown

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2009 10:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BridgetownSend a Private Message to BridgetownEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just got back from a 4 day, 2000 KM road trip in my car. I made it with relativley little drama. I am going to post pics soon. There were 14 of us who all did the trip in different cars/bikes. What a blast! I averaged 30 MPG on the trip too, not bad considering I was in it pretty heavy on some sections.
carbon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2009 04:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Great looking car! That nose looks so much better done correctly. I have seen way too many with the line from the fender/hood being like a straight 30 degree angle to the top the bumper and it looks like the nose is sagging and too far from the hood seam. This version that follows the original lines of the Fiero front facia to the top of the bumper looks sooooo much better on a Fiero.

V.S. (sorry Fiero Warehouse... ) It actually dips further at the leading edge which stretches it out too far. And the hood angle does not lend itself to slanting down like that to be flushed with the bumper... it does not have the same curve or angle as a real 355 in the hood and fenders.

Notice that the 355 does not dip down in the front.

[This message has been edited by carbon (edited 09-15-2009).]

Bridgetown

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2009 08:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BridgetownSend a Private Message to BridgetownEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here are just a sample of the pics from the 2009 Border run. It is a 2000km cruise starting in Alberta, through Montana/Idaho/Washington and into British Columbia. This is the first year and I think it went pretty good. If anyone is interested in attending next year we are working on a website, but you can email borderrun2010@canada.com and we will get you all the info.
This was most of the group there were some mechanical issues that held some people back and others picked up the trip part way through.

Had some mechanical issues my self, but the little Fiero soldiered on and made the whole trip, a new axel is in desperate need though.

My Dad's new car. This was his first time driving it! 2000km and no issues at all, not bad for a '69

Me and my wife.

Dear strike at 120 km/h!!!!!!

?????

Second bike down. Gravel patch

I'll put up some more later. That's all that was on this memory card. Over all I was really impressed with my little Fiero. My car had blast chewing up the twisties!

[This message has been edited by Bridgetown (edited 09-08-2009).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2009 11:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Wow, what beautiful scenery !
PFF
System Bot
carbon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2009 09:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Awesome! I wish I lived near mountains once in a while...
Marko

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2009 10:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MarkoSend a Private Message to MarkoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Logan's Pass ?

Haven't done that run in years.

Gotta go to Whitefish next summer, with the Fiero.

Have they finished up the construction yet?

------------------
Marko.

'85 SE 2M6

Bridgetown

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2009 12:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BridgetownSend a Private Message to BridgetownEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yup, did Logan's pass on the first day. Kelowna the second, Kooteney Lake the third. It was a pretty awsome drive.
Bridgetown

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2009 01:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BridgetownSend a Private Message to BridgetownEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bridgetown

1210 posts
Member since Feb 2007
Some more pics from the trip.

Long wait at the Hotel

Kokanee Brewrey rap up party. Sasquatch and all!

[This message has been edited by Bridgetown (edited 09-10-2009).]

Blueiii

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2009 08:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlueiiiSend a Private Message to BlueiiiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Out of curiosity, is that bumper a 2 piece? (ie: the top piece is separate from the bottom?

Bridgetown

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2009 12:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BridgetownSend a Private Message to BridgetownEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes, the bumper is two seperate peices bolted together. Then mounted on the car. Look up username Amida, he makes it. And I can attest his quality is bar none.
carbon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2009 01:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Pics of two bikes down and then she's riding with no gear, well she's got a helmet I guess...
Bridgetown

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2009 01:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BridgetownSend a Private Message to BridgetownEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I thought it was nuts too. To each their own I guess.
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2009 09:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There's something sexy about a gal in leaather who rides a sports bike.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 9 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock