Fiero GTS by Bridgetown
Started on: 07-13-2008 02:58 AM
Replies: 352 (36310 views)
Last post by: Bridgetown on 05-10-2017 01:23 AM
Bridgetown

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2009 07:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BridgetownSend a Private Message to BridgetownEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Started extraction of the old mill this weekend.

This is the gantry lift I built. Its made from an old set of commercial warehouse shelves.

Works pretty slick. I also used a 1500lb. motorcycle lift to support the cradle/engine from underneath.

Pulling the old engine out with this system was a cinch.

Now the real fun begins.

[This message has been edited by Bridgetown (edited 03-29-2009).]

IP: Logged
Marko

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2009 09:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MarkoSend a Private Message to MarkoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Now things are getting exciting.........

Will it be ready for Street Wheelers Weekend?

Looking forward to seeing it at the Show and Shine, if you enter it.

Marko

------------------
'85 SE 2M6

Bridgetown

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2009 10:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BridgetownSend a Private Message to BridgetownEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am hoping that it will be running and in one peice. It probably won't be painted though. I may enter it under the project class.
Bridgetown

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2009 10:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BridgetownSend a Private Message to BridgetownEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bridgetown

1210 posts
Member since Feb 2007
Picked these up today.

The exhaust is going to be one of the last couple hurdles. The other is going to be the wiring. Otherwise I have got almost everything else figured out.
HC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2009 01:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HCClick Here to visit HC's HomePageSend a Private Message to HCEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Don't forget to clean up the firewall while you are in there!

I probably missed it, but how are you going to do your harness? Are you going to buy it or do it yourself?
Bridgetown

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2009 10:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BridgetownSend a Private Message to BridgetownEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Check it out. Scored some nice seats at the junkyard today!

They were in an '88 4Runner of all things. I'm almost positive that that isn't what the are from originally though. They do look like a Toyota seat judging from the controls and symbols. They are almost the exact same dimensions as the Fiero seats too. Anyone guess what they are from?

[This message has been edited by Bridgetown (edited 04-09-2009).]

Bridgetown

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2009 11:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BridgetownSend a Private Message to BridgetownEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got the engine in last weekend. I'm going to try to get it started for the first time this weekend. The 3400 looks right at home in there. Gives the car a nicce modern look.

Bridgetown

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2009 10:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BridgetownSend a Private Message to BridgetownEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, it took longer then expected but it is running!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZ2Jn3he8OA
Still got some bugs to work out.
Stubby79

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2009 11:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Stubby79Send a Private Message to Stubby79Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
NM!

[This message has been edited by Stubby79 (edited 05-07-2009).]

Bridgetown

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2009 10:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BridgetownSend a Private Message to BridgetownEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
NM?
Marko

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2009 07:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MarkoSend a Private Message to MarkoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's Alive..........

Sounding good, Bridgetown.

------------------
Marko.

'85 SE 2M6

PFF
System Bot
wolf63

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2009 01:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for wolf63Send a Private Message to wolf63Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Bridgetown:

Check it out. Scored some nice seats at the junkyard today!
They were in an '88 4Runner of all things. I'm almost positive that that isn't what the are from originally though. They do look like a Toyota seat judging from the controls and symbols. They are almost the exact same dimensions as the Fiero seats too. Anyone guess what they are from?

had those in a Fiero i got a while back they fit well and looked like they belonged ...sunfire?

Bridgetown

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2009 07:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BridgetownSend a Private Message to BridgetownEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
These were delivered today. 1.5" Drop springs and Koni shocks.
ghost187x

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2009 07:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ghost187xSend a Private Message to ghost187xEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice work man! excellent thread!

[This message has been edited by ghost187x (edited 05-11-2009).]

Bridgetown

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2009 09:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BridgetownSend a Private Message to BridgetownEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Claytonto's build thread has got me thinking

Archies hatch with 350Z glass.

[This message has been edited by Bridgetown (edited 05-14-2009).]

chrismclubm

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2009 10:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chrismclubmSend a Private Message to chrismclubmEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

looks amazing

------------------
1986 GT Fiero Owner & Enthusiast
For Fiero updates, visit my site http://educatorstop15.com/fieropage.htm

Bridgetown

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2009 08:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BridgetownSend a Private Message to BridgetownEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Added side scoops and taillights.
This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post05-20-2009 09:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very exotic looking. And, I would like to mention, that would be very tasteful. I say go for it.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Tony Kania (edited 05-20-2009).]

Bridgetown

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2009 01:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BridgetownSend a Private Message to BridgetownEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have been sorting out some wiring issues on the car for the past few weeks so there isn't much to show for progress. I did get to the rear brake lines today though. Now that I have the engine running somewhat descent I need to get it road worthy so I can do some real world testing on the engine. Here is what I came up with to solve the issue of '88 brakes in an '86 car. Still need to add some hold downs and a male-male adapter. Should work good and clears the coilovers fine.
Bridgetown

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2009 12:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BridgetownSend a Private Message to BridgetownEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fitted the rear coilovers and fieraddiction.com adapters for the '88 cradle swap.

I'm not too excited about how much meat I had to take out. I am probably going reinforce the strut towers later.

[This message has been edited by Bridgetown (edited 05-27-2009).]

Swedish Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2009 01:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Swedish FieroClick Here to visit Swedish Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Swedish FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

HOW DARE YOU, SUCH AN ABOMIMATION..

Hehe.. feel free to photoshop my car, but just so you know, it can only become uglier since it´s alredy modified to perfection..

------------------
Swedish Fiero

Dedicated owner of an 88 Fiero GT

PFF
System Bot
Bridgetown

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2009 01:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BridgetownSend a Private Message to BridgetownEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My Norm's Fiberglass front battery tray arrived in the mail today.
Bridgetown

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2009 11:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BridgetownSend a Private Message to BridgetownEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Put the front lowering springs on this weekend and adjusted the rear coilovers to match. I am hoping the front will settle a bit more. Here's a comparison of the old ride height.
Before

After

Before

After

Before

After

Bridgetown

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2009 01:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BridgetownSend a Private Message to BridgetownEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Had some of the local hardware stop by for some cruising last night.

My Brother-in-law's 325i

My best friend's GSXR-1000

My Brother's Z06

Actually ended up meeting some fellow PFFers as well. It was a fun night, but it really made me want to get my car on the road.
Maloso

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2009 02:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MalosoSend a Private Message to MalosoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Before

After

Which side scoops are those, they look good.

Tony
randye

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2009 03:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Maloso:

Which side scoops are those, they look good.

Tony

Those are from
Fierofiberglass.com
Same ones I have on my car:
Maloso

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2009 06:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MalosoSend a Private Message to MalosoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by randye:

Those are from
Fierofiberglass.com
Same ones I have on my car:

Thanks, any issues installing? Reason I ask is because I have WCF's velocity tube and worried about adaptation.

randye

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2009 09:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Maloso:

Thanks, any issues installing? Reason I ask is because I have WCF's velocity tube and worried about adaptation.

I don't know how far out the WCF velocity tube protrudes, but I can tell you that I was originally able to keep the OEM intake water separator / muffler in place by just trimming about 1/4 off it after removing the original side panel. That was only to keep it from touching the inside lip of the open part of the side scoop, (Green arrow in photo).
I've since removed the water separator / muffler and it looks like there is plenty of room in there to me. YMMV
The only very tiny thing required was to Dremel off about 1/8" of fiberglass where the panel meets the wheel well / upper quarter to get a perfect fit,. (Marked by red arrow in photo).
That area gets covered by the side trim molding, but I had it sealed, primed and painted before we put the moldings back on the car.
Total time to get the old stock panels off and the new ones on was maybe 4 hours...and I'm SLOW.

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 06-14-2009).]

Maloso

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2009 01:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MalosoSend a Private Message to MalosoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by randye:

I don't know how far out the WCF velocity tube protrudes, but I can tell you that I was originally able to keep the OEM intake water separator / muffler in place by just trimming about 1/4 off it after removing the original side panel. That was only to keep it from touching the inside lip of the open part of the side scoop, (Green arrow in photo).
I've since removed the water separator / muffler and it looks like there is plenty of room in there to me. YMMV
The only very tiny thing required was to Dremel off about 1/8" of fiberglass where the panel meets the wheel well / upper quarter to get a perfect fit,. (Marked by red arrow in photo).
That area gets covered by the side trim molding, but I had it sealed, primed and painted before we put the moldings back on the car.
Total time to get the old stock panels off and the new ones on was maybe 4 hours...and I'm SLOW.

Y

Thanks for the info...

Bridgetown

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2009 11:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BridgetownSend a Private Message to BridgetownEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Found another set of rims that I like. They are X-Line by OZ. The wheels are called Energy. I pshoped them onto a rendition of my car. What do you guys think?

Bridgetown

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2009 12:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BridgetownSend a Private Message to BridgetownEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Finally got the car out for the first drive since the new engine. Runs pretty good. Still got a few bugs to work out. All in all, I am pretty happy so far. Now comes all those little annoying tasks! I snapped some pics of her while she was out of the cave.

PFF
System Bot
Amida

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2009 09:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice. Need to see new rims now.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2009 09:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Wow the car looks really, really good !

The lowering was perfect. I agree put the new rims on and that thing will really pop.

Do you have any plans for a spoiler of any kind,..a lip spoiler perhaps ?

Any rear bumper or hood mods forthcoming ??

Great job.
Bridgetown

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2009 01:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BridgetownSend a Private Message to BridgetownEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes I am going to be making a custom lip on the back similar to the C6 Vette but spanning the length of the trunk panel. I have a photoshop of it on page 2. Rear bumper, I'm not sure about. I think Pontiac did a pretty darn good job on it, dificult to improve on it. I am interested to see what Fierofiberglass.com comes up with for their F360 style rear bumper. On the hood, again, not too sure. I like the Aston Martin Vantage hood, but again that would need to be custom. And I have very little fiberglass experience.
Bridgetown

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2009 01:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BridgetownSend a Private Message to BridgetownEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bridgetown

1210 posts
Member since Feb 2007

Originally posted by Amida:

Nice. Need to see new rims now.

Can you spot me around $2000??

Marko

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2009 09:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MarkoSend a Private Message to MarkoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking good, Bridgetown.

Street Wheelers is only a couple weekends away.

Looking forward to seeing it on the road.

------------------
Marko.

'85 SE 2M6

HC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2009 05:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HCClick Here to visit HC's HomePageSend a Private Message to HCEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thats looking real good!
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2009 11:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Can you spot me around $2000??

How about a set of 14" Fiero rims? I'll pay you to get them outa my yard.
Bridgetown

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2009 08:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BridgetownSend a Private Message to BridgetownEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got the car painted last week and got her out for Street Machine weekend for some cruising.

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2009 12:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very Nice! Using a different rear spoiler?
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 9 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock