Started on: 07-13-2008 02:58 AM
Replies: 352 (36310 views)
Last post by: Bridgetown on 05-10-2017 01:23 AM
Amida

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2009 03:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Bridgetown:

What do you mean by "Angled door mouldings"?

The slanted lower door moulding that some people have, on the yellow car above, which is lower at the front. The stock moulding is straight/parallel to the ground.

[This message has been edited by Amida (edited 01-21-2009).]

IP: Logged
whadeduck

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2009 06:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I have been thinking about what I would like to do with the tail lights on my car.I know I want to go with four round Ferrari/Corvette tail lights and paint the rear panel a satin black like on Ferraris. I don't want to do the 80-82 vette lights because I think they look a little dated now.

I haven't been able to find a set of generic round "Truck" lights either. I want something modern and unique. This is what I have come up with. I have two different routes I can go with the lights. The first is this.

These are on the Saleen S7 and on the Diablo. I like these alot but they are slightly bigger (5") then the pockets in any currently available tail light panel (4"). Namely the KAHINES and the PISA.

There was a euro co. makeing one that fits these lights but I think they are no longer available.

The other lights I really like are these

They are on the Weismann GT (wicked car)
I can get them online. They are a 2 peice light there is a center lamp and an outer LED ring. The outside measurement would fit just right in a 4" pocket.

I would go with a smoked center turn indicator to match my smoked front turn indicators.

And a red LED outer ring for the stop/tail.

Let me know what you guys think.

I have the KHINES panel with LED Corvette lights in it. A little pricey. But MAN! are they bright.

------------------
Whade' "The Duck Formerly Known As Wade" Duck
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy

Bridgetown

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2009 07:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BridgetownSend a Private Message to BridgetownEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by whadeduck:

I have the KHINES panel with LED Corvette lights in it. A little pricey. But MAN! are they bright.

Those are nice Wade. Just not quite what I am looking for. The LED units inside the lens are larger then I would like. They would be a good backup plan if my other options don't work out.
Bridgetown

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2009 07:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BridgetownSend a Private Message to BridgetownEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bridgetown

1210 posts
Member since Feb 2007

Originally posted by Amida:

The slanted lower door moulding that some people have, on the yellow car above, which is lower at the front. The stock moulding is straight/parallel to the ground.

My understanding is that those peices are part of the Stage 2 scoops from Aus. I think they have to be moulded onto the door skin. I don't think they are a bolt on replacement. Mabey I'm wrong. Aus, care to chime in?
Bridgetown

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2009 08:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BridgetownSend a Private Message to BridgetownEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bridgetown

1210 posts
Member since Feb 2007
I am liking this combonation the more I play with it.

[This message has been edited by Bridgetown (edited 01-22-2009).]

Bridgetown

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2009 08:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BridgetownSend a Private Message to BridgetownEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bridgetown

1210 posts
Member since Feb 2007
Found another exterior light I would like to utilize on my car.

They would replace the side signals in the front that are inside the black moulding they would mount lower on the fender like in the above pic. My plan is to re-paint all of my black side moulding and paint right over the front and rear lights. Then use these instead. Here is a close up of an installed light.

AusFiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2009 07:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AusFieroClick Here to visit AusFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to AusFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

My understanding is that those peices are part of the Stage 2 scoops from Aus. I think they have to be moulded onto the door skin. I don't think they are a bolt on replacement. Mabey I'm wrong. Aus, care to chime in?

Yep they are mould on pieces.
Bridgetown

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2009 08:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BridgetownSend a Private Message to BridgetownEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got the front fitted today.

whadeduck

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2009 09:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Brdgetown, you have a PM.

------------------
Whade' "The Duck Formerly Known As Wade" Duck
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy

Bridgetown

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2009 11:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BridgetownSend a Private Message to BridgetownEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got the side scoops fitted today. The car is starting to look like something.

CaliforniaSpeeder9

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2009 02:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CaliforniaSpeeder9Click Here to visit CaliforniaSpeeder9's HomePageSend a Private Message to CaliforniaSpeeder9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I also have found a wheel I like. It's a Team Dynamics wheel Pro race 1.2

I had Team Dynamics 17's. I think they're one of the best looking wheels on a light colored Fiero. Good Choice

[This message has been edited by CaliforniaSpeeder9 (edited 02-02-2009).]

PFF
System Bot
Bridgetown

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2009 06:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BridgetownSend a Private Message to BridgetownEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cali, do you have a side profile shot of your car? I am debateing if I should go 17" front or 18" all around.
Bridgetown

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2009 01:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BridgetownSend a Private Message to BridgetownEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I am liking this combonation the more I play with it.

Kinda neat to see my idea come to be. I did that first photoshop almost two years ago using someone elses car. I am playing with useing the asa ar1 wheels because I am haveing trouble finding a canadian supplier for team dynamics (first photo)

doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2009 02:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My buddy has team dynamics wheels that he ordered for his MKII supra.. he had them shipped to Canada, ordered online I believe. I can ask him where if you'd like?

------------------

[This message has been edited by doublec4 (edited 02-04-2009).]

Bridgetown

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2009 02:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BridgetownSend a Private Message to BridgetownEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cool, thanks.
doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2009 03:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just got in touch with him.... apparently he said he ordered right off their official website...
SAFASTRO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2009 09:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SAFASTROClick Here to visit SAFASTRO's HomePageSend a Private Message to SAFASTROEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice work Bridgetown!!
CaliforniaSpeeder9

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2009 01:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CaliforniaSpeeder9Click Here to visit CaliforniaSpeeder9's HomePageSend a Private Message to CaliforniaSpeeder9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Cali, do you have a side profile shot of your car? I am debateing if I should go 17" front or 18" all around.

Just note that i had lowering springs. 1.8" in front and 1.7" in rear if i remember correctly

When I first bought the car it looked like this. Like a 4x4 or something lol

[This message has been edited by CaliforniaSpeeder9 (edited 02-05-2009).]

Bridgetown

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2009 01:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BridgetownSend a Private Message to BridgetownEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Cali + for you.
Bridgetown

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2009 10:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BridgetownSend a Private Message to BridgetownEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I wanted to add a hood vent to project GTS for both function and form. I don't really like most of the ones I have seen so far so I started looking at other cars to find some inspiration. The one I keep coming back to is the Aston Martin DBS. I really like the subtle but agressive look to the hood on this car.

I am thinking of picking up another hood and try to do something like this.
Bridgetown

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2009 05:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BridgetownSend a Private Message to BridgetownEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Photoshoped another angle. These ASA AR1's are really starting to grow on me
PFF
System Bot
HC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2009 01:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HCClick Here to visit HC's HomePageSend a Private Message to HCEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That photoshop is cool looking, I think it would look better without the hood vents. Maybe a deck lid spoiler like the 355?

[This message has been edited by HC (edited 02-20-2009).]

Bridgetown

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2009 01:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BridgetownSend a Private Message to BridgetownEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I kinda agree. I haven't found the perfect look for the hood yet. I do want a vent, but it will have to be subtle enough not to ruin the theme I am going for. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I am kind of wanting to stay away frm a rear facing decklid scoop because, from what I have seen they have the reverse effect then desired. If you look at Blacktree's test videos, a scoop on the decklid isn't going to vent air out it is going to have are forced into it from the backpressure of the rear shape of the car. I would like air to come in the side scoops and out the back or top. Haveing air coming in from the decklid is going to neutralize the ram-air effect possible with the side scoops.
labbe001

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2009 01:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for labbe001Send a Private Message to labbe001Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
been kick'n around the idea of doing something w/ a set of chevy cobalt tail/backup lights. haven't seen a set in person so don't know exactly if they would look good and proportionate to the rear of the fiero. hit link to see lights. i think they would look good if done in a panel. caould have the same effect as the ferrari lights or 80-82 vette lights... just a thought

http://www.modernperformanc...obalt_led_tails1.jpg

Bridgetown

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2009 03:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BridgetownSend a Private Message to BridgetownEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I looked into them too. I think that the outer lights are a bit too big for the fiero rear.The inner lights would be a good size and look a little more modern then the corvette lights. Unfortunately, the inner cobalt lights are just the reverse lights. The outer ring is only a reflector. I didn't go any further then that. I suppose it could be possible to modify them to have an LED ring where the reflector is. This would probably be more of a pain then just ordering the lights I posted above. Plus with those you can mix and match centers and outer rings to get different looks.
Amida

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2009 09:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Photoshoped another angle. These ASA AR1's are really starting to grow on me

Thats a nice shot.

Bridgetown

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2009 07:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BridgetownSend a Private Message to BridgetownEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ordered a set of hella headlight buckets yesterday fro Fiero1fan. I was wanting to do a set of 60mm projectors but after looking at a set I am not liking the way the 60mm units are more spherical. Kinda bug-eye like. and they look too small IMO, I think the 90mm units will look better. Can't wait to get them!
Bridgetown

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2009 01:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BridgetownSend a Private Message to BridgetownEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
thinking about the rear spoiler I would like for my car. I want to add a subtle lip to the trunk. Fiero warehouse makes one but it isn't quite the look I want. I wan to go for this style.

This is off a nissan 240sx.
I like how it doesn't go past the trunk panel. I would also like to incorperate an LED third brake light into it if I can.
Sorta like this.

I am thinking of trying to make it myself from fiberglass.
HC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2009 04:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HCClick Here to visit HC's HomePageSend a Private Message to HCEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I like that spoiler idea. I just put very similar rims on my car.

225/40/R18

---------------------------------------------------------
Arizona Fiero Club

[This message has been edited by HC (edited 03-13-2009).]

Bridgetown

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2009 09:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BridgetownSend a Private Message to BridgetownEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice.

[This message has been edited by Bridgetown (edited 03-13-2009).]

labbe001

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2009 09:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for labbe001Send a Private Message to labbe001Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
what web site can you find the tail lights for the weismann GT
PFF
System Bot
timcha

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2009 10:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for timchaSend a Private Message to timchaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What do you think of this setup?

http://spacecoastfieros.com/lindsey/gtstyle.html

------------------
'86 GT, White, T-Tops, 4spd.

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

carbon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2009 10:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Trying to and some sport to this little sports car. Here's what I got so far.
Car:
'86 GT 4 speed
120,000 KMS

Plan:
3400SFI swap (185 HP stock, about 40 lbs lighter then the old 2.8L boat anchor)
'88 cradle and rear suspension
Rear coilovers
5 speed conversion
Lowered 1.5 - 2.0 inches
Possibly add the HT Motorsports Slalom front kit
Adding as many lightweight components as possible along the way.

Not to slight the show part of the thread, but can we get back to the go part? What are you using for an ECM?

[This message has been edited by carbon (edited 03-17-2009).]

Bridgetown

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2009 11:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BridgetownSend a Private Message to BridgetownEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by labbe001:

what web site can you find the tail lights for the weismann GT

www.rallylights.com
Bridgetown

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2009 11:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BridgetownSend a Private Message to BridgetownEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bridgetown

1210 posts
Member since Feb 2007

Originally posted by timcha:

What do you think of this setup?

http://spacecoastfieros.com/lindsey/gtstyle.html

I like those clear lights in the rear bumper. Where do those come from?
Bridgetown

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2009 11:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BridgetownSend a Private Message to BridgetownEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bridgetown

1210 posts
Member since Feb 2007

Originally posted by carbon:

Not to slight the show part of the thread, but can we get back to the go part? What are you using for an ECM?

Yeah, I know, I know. The "Go" portion has been on hold because of the Alberta winter and the lack of heat and insulation in my garage. I am going to start back into the driveline in the next couple weeks. As far as the ECU goes, right now I have a working harness for '94 OBD 1.5 ECM from a 5 speed Firebird. However, I am seriously considering ditching it and rewireing my stock 2.8 harness to run it off the 7730 ECM. The setup I have now is fine but won't allow for future tunning for modifications. I do plan to tweak the motor a bit once I get it running good. So tunning will become an issue at that point.
Oh, and I can't resist, got these in the mail today. More Show!!
HC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2009 03:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HCClick Here to visit HC's HomePageSend a Private Message to HCEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice!!!
Bridgetown

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2009 04:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BridgetownSend a Private Message to BridgetownEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Picked up some items from the salvage yard this weekend.
First was a starter motor. The engine I got didn't have one on it.

This is the lightest one I could find (by feel) When I get the old engine out I want to weigh the whole unit (cradle suspension engine tranny etc.) versus the new setup. I an speculateing the new setup will be much lighter.
Also got this.

For the new engine management. It's from a '92 Sunbird 3.1L 5 speed.
And last I got this yesterday.

I have been hunting for a compact, lightweight battery to mount in the front. I have been taking my scale around weighing batteries for a couple days. This is the smallest/lightest one I could find. There are lighter and smaller race batteries out there but they are kinda pricey and dont offer as much power. This is 550 CCA and wieghs 21 lbs. You can get a good idea of size from the soda can in the pic. It is small enough it can fit in the front with the spare still in place. Probably not going to keep the spare there though.
HC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2009 01:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HCClick Here to visit HC's HomePageSend a Private Message to HCEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The spare tire is designed to be part of the structural safety of the car in the event of a collision. Just for your information and consideration.
Bridgetown

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2009 10:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BridgetownSend a Private Message to BridgetownEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Really? I didn't know that. Mabey I will have to consider getting a lighter jack instead.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 9 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock