Well this is what I did yesterday which was get the door lock replaced in the driver's door...after having the door apart for over a week to find out it needed it, get the part ordered, etc. Now I don't have to climb across from the passenger side when unlocking the door!
Oh, and I cleaned the door panel with Scrubbing Bubbles and Resolve while I had everything apart.
------------------ 1988 Fiero Formula - White - Stock 2.8/Auto - 156,000 miles and counting 2008 Patriot - Black - 2.4/CVT/FDI - 110,000 miles and counting
[This message has been edited by Funkicidal (edited 07-29-2014).]
Hey wayneman,I go to cardinal spring training games every year and eat at that restaurant across the street from your car.Will have to look you up next year.Its neat to go to car shows and have the only fiero there,I get a lot of response at the car shows in St.Louis
I just got home from Houston and had a big box from Rodney waiting for me. I spent some time on a few easy things......replaced the temp sensor plug, added the shims for the oil cap & Getrag dipstick and installed new ashtray bulbs (let there be light....sort of!).
I'm off to Austin for a week, so the new front speakers will have to wait until next weekend.
I also got my new Ram clutch kit from Jeg's and all new coolant hoses (from Rodney) to go with a bunch of other parts I've been stockpiling......time to start thinking about pulling the engine, I guess.
I installed a new radiator fan, a new steering damper, cleaned the trunk carpet with resolve and clr and replacd two square bar supports in the front end. It was a productive day. Tomorrow she gets two new exhaust manifolds (cracks in the current ones).
Got some console skeleton pieces done today. Bottom of the original piece. Bottom of the new casted piece. Top of the original piece. Top of the new casted piece. Back tabs made twice as thick.This way the tabs will not break of as easy as the original. Just needs to be sande and cleaned up a little after casting.Other than that it came out perfect. ------------------ http://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/092166.html
[This message has been edited by fierogtlt1 (edited 08-07-2014).]
I put stock fiero rims on my 87 GT. The offset makes the car ride better and rotate in the turns better. In 1986 I purchased a 1987 GT and remember that the rear rims where about 3/8 the off an inch away from the strut and it drove great. My old rims had an offset of 35 with a width of 6 1/2 " wide . 7" with a stock offset seems to ride and handle better. Pictures are on Facebook badfishpowercoatings. Com
took care of a little misfire. After hunting it down and changing just about everything I thought it might be, turned out to be the cap, rotor, ignition module and one faulty a/c delco spark plug cable.
Now car is running better than ever, and I don't have to worry about the fuel pump (new) injectors (8) new and the already mentioned.
Thank the God for making my dream car become a reality and my wife for supporting and backing me up throughout it all.
Thumbs up to the Fiero Factory for a fantastic clean, professional 4.9 Install and for top rated #1 customer service.
Took my headers out to try a last ditch attempt at ghetto rigging a fixed crack(s) in a primary tube then wrapped both headers and y-pipe after having the stuff on the shelf for almost a year.....hopefully I'll get it all bolted back together and then tomorrow after it's fully cured I'll be able to start it without it sounding like a tractor
Well, it's kind of Fiero related. I installed a spare Northstar and five speed and put it into my VW Golf. Just for something to do! I'm not going to keep this configuration as I'm going to place it longitudinally, build an adapter plate and mate it to a Porsche transaxle that I have. All this after my Fiero build is complete.
[This message has been edited by Lunatic (edited 08-21-2014).]
Went to "Franks Garage" to fix a loose passenger side mirror on my 87 GT. RPO did most of the work as I had never removed a door panel in the past. It turned out that one of the mirror studs was loose (stripped) in the mirror. JB Weld back in place. Then Lithium greased window tracks door lock tracks re installed everything before the Florida heat got to us.
Went for round 3 with my header crack and welded the **** outta it so might not be pretty but will hopefully hold for a while... Then pulled the injectors to replace the prongs cause I thought I had a leak allowing air to get in and cause a lean #5 cyl only to find a chunk of crud blocking the inj so hopefully that fixes that and the new plugs and O2 sensor helps her out.... Did a 4t60 swap and I'm only upto 25 mpg at best with an 80 or so mph 6hr trip so maybe fuel to all 6 might help