Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  BIN LADEN IS DEAD!!! (Page 5)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 14 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14 
Previous Page | Next Page
BIN LADEN IS DEAD!!! by Raydar
Started on: 05-01-2011 10:42 PM
Replies: 550
Last post by: Doni Hagan on 05-13-2011 06:04 PM
jimbolaya

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2011 07:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jimbolayaSend a Private Message to jimbolayaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Cliff Pennock:

From someone who could care less about the "president A's dick is bigger than president B's dick" discussion, I think it's incredibly stupid to even announce OBL is dead. That alone makes a martyr out of him. It would have been much better to have kept that a secret and let the Al Qaida network (and all other OBL fanboys) guess about OBL's whereabouts.

Gloating over the death of the world's biggest terrorist leader? Stupid, stupid, stupid.

My thoughts also, but I'm not sure you could keep it a secret for long. Having the body helps, and they need to make sure they throw it in a trash can, somewhere behind a bacon factory so no other radical can use the grave sight as a monument.

Jim

First page 2 ownage, and now page 5 ownage. I need to go buy a lottery ticket.

[This message has been edited by jimbolaya (edited 05-02-2011).]

IP: Logged
cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2011 07:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:
So, according to CBS and ABC, OBL has been in Pakistan for at least 8 months, living on a compound, in what is being described as a mansion, in a city of 90,000, not far from the capital of Pakistan, and not one single moderate or other Pakistani ever knew it?
Yeah--right.
As I said long ago, LOTS of people in that region helped him move about--or knew he did, and never opened their little pie holes.

A little worse than that Don. The city he lived in is a major military umm, personal living haven for high ranking military personel. Generals and such. And not that he was discreet. I understand the home complex stood out like a sore thumb in it's construction technique.

Originally posted by Shyster:
While I understand what you're saying, I will never celebrate the killing of another life, no matter how necessary, nor will I applaud those who do so, no matter how motivated. I recognize that killing can be a necessity. That does not mean that anyone should ever celebrate wantonly at the event of another's death, nor should any human, regardless of his mental or economic wherewithal, be supported in celebration of the death of another.
Then where does that place you in moral relation to those who danced in the streets when thousands were murdered as the Twin Towers collapsed?

Gloating over the death of the world's biggest terrorist leader? Stupid, stupid, stupid.

I agree.
Nurb432

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 224
User on Probation

Report this Post05-02-2011 07:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Direct Link to This Post
I agree with most everyone sentiments about him being gone, and that the guys ( and gals ) in the trenches should get ALL the credit and split the reward amongst themselves. Even if they feel they were just 'doing their job', they deserve it.

My only concern is we have now created a martyr.
8Ball

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 162
Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2011 07:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 8BallSend a Private Message to 8BallDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TiredGXP:

Good old Fox

Just gotta love fox.... Or as I like to call them F*ckstick news.
They took every single chance they could get to intentionally spell or say his name wrong.

On a different note...
Osama Bin Laden Killed 4-30-2011
Adolf Hitler Killed 4-30-1945
jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2011 08:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 8Ball:

They took every single chance they could get to intentionally spell or say his name wrong.

Change the channel if you don't like it. Fox isn't the only one making the mistake. I heard "Obama is dead" came from another news agency.
It is a typo... try this.. type Obama 100 times, then type Osama. Human error.

8Ball

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 162
Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2011 08:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 8BallSend a Private Message to 8BallDirect Link to This Post
Type it 100 get it wrong a couple times... typo.
But when every single time you type it and say it you get it wrong.. it is intentional.
Trust me Fox news is NEVER on in MY house.

But I seem to be forced to see it everywhere I go.

[This message has been edited by 8Ball (edited 05-02-2011).]

weloveour86se

Feedback score:    (115)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2011 08:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for weloveour86seSend a Private Message to weloveour86seDirect Link to This Post
Million dollar idea..............

I KILLED OSAMA

Bumper-Stickers!

Remember the old school, I KILLED JR. stickers? lol
fierogirls-mom

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2011 08:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogirls-momSend a Private Message to fierogirls-momDirect Link to This Post

So, according to CBS and ABC, OBL has been in Pakistan for at least 8 months, living on a compound, in what is being described as a mansion, in a city of 90,000, not far from the capital of Pakistan, and not one single moderate or other Pakistani ever knew it?

Yeah--right.
As I said long ago, LOTS of people in that region helped him move about--or knew he did, and never opened their little pie holes.

May he burn in hell and all those who knew he was there.

Yeah, like they didn't know about it at all! He was in a city surrounded by retired military people. No way they can pretend they didn't know where he was.

From someone who could care less about the "president A's dick is bigger than president B's dick" discussion, I think it's incredibly stupid to even announce OBL is dead. That alone makes a martyr out of him. It would have been much better to have kept that a secret and let the Al Qaida network (and all other OBL fanboys) guess about OBL's whereabouts.

Gotta agree with this. Now everyone is going to be out for revenge. My daughter is deploying to Afghanistan very soon and I'm sure she is going to have to look over her shoulders a whole lot more now. I think the pricetag on American soldiers, airmen, marines and navy will be upped a bit. I pray that they all stay safe.

Nurb432

Leave feedback

User on Probation

Report this Post05-02-2011 08:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Direct Link to This Post

But when every single time you type it and say it you get it wrong.. it is intentional.

I have done it myself as the names are far to similar not to have accidents once in a while.
Nurb432

Leave feedback

User on Probation

Report this Post05-02-2011 08:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Direct Link to This Post

Nurb432

33617 posts
Member since May 2006

Originally posted by fierogirls-mom:

Gotta agree with this. Now everyone is going to be out for revenge. My daughter is deploying to Afghanistan very soon and I'm sure she is going to have to look over her shoulders a whole lot more now. I think the pricetag on American soldiers, airmen, marines and navy will be upped a bit. I pray that they all stay safe.

But it was something we had to do. Unfortunately freedom isn't free.
avengador1

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 571
Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2011 08:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post
I would have rather that they caught him alive so he could face trial and execution. I hope they haven't disposed of the body already because that will raise questions as to if he has really being killed. It's going to take more than a vial of blood to convince his followers that he is dead. Also DNA tests take weeks, not hours like one sees on TV. They will want pictures of the body with American soldiers around it, fingerprints, etc. to be 100% sure it is him and not some double. On the plus side, the president finally got the pledge of allegiance right and included God in it and even said may God bless us. Has he turned a new leaf, by making sure he mentioned God, or did he just do this because he is in full campaign mode again?
It's going to be interesting to see who mourns Osama's death.
PFF
System Bot
NEPTUNE

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 288
Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2011 08:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NEPTUNESend a Private Message to NEPTUNEDirect Link to This Post

On a different note...
Osama Bin Laden Killed 4-30-2011
Adolf Hitler Killed 4-30-1945

Later today Donald Trump will schedule a news conference where he will claim that HE, not Obama, ordered the attrack.
After all, Obama couldn't have done anything because he was in a mosque in Kenya all day.

------------------

Drive safely!

[This message has been edited by NEPTUNE (edited 05-02-2011).]

blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2011 08:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Nurb432:

I agree with most everyone sentiments about him being gone, and that the guys ( and gals ) in the trenches should get ALL the credit and split the reward amongst themselves. Even if they feel they were just 'doing their job', they deserve it.

My only concern is we have now created a martyr.

The bounty on OSB's head was 25 million (IIRC) that split between the hundred of thousands that have deployed would be senseless to distribute. Those assigned to the unit that actually participated in the operation are deserving but no more so than any other that volunteered to go. I whole heartedly congratulate those that were involved in this mission and accolades are in order but, don't forget about those others that have served and sacrificed.

Martyrdom was almost guaranteed somewhere in the world. OSB's terrorist organization has been dealt a huge set back but, they have not been defeated. Terrorist groups and cells still exist and will as long as we continue to stand for our way of life and do not bend to their will. This is as it has been throughout our history and will continue as long as we fly our flag with pride. OSB's meeting with justice (death) may not be a reason for celebration but, defeating pure evil is. I'll not be out joyously celebrating but, I will walk the streets with pride knowing our military is out there defending us. May God bless our warriors. They deserve our gratitude, not the politicians sitting in there offices, regardless of political party.

It's the Warrior, not the reporter
Who has given us the freedom of the press.
It's the Warrior, not the poet,
Who has given us the freedom of speech.
It's the Warrior, not the politicians
That ensures our right to Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness.

------------------
Ron

NEPTUNE

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 288
Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2011 08:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NEPTUNESend a Private Message to NEPTUNEDirect Link to This Post
It is being reported that Osamas body has been buried at sea.
Dumping him into a landfill with the other garbage would have been more appropriate, I think.

http://calgary.ctv.ca/servl...502/?hub=CalgaryHome

[This message has been edited by NEPTUNE (edited 05-02-2011).]

maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2011 09:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 84fiero123:

I just saw this on this mornings news and all I saw was a cartoon of the op. all those special forces guys wear cameras. I want video conformation. Not cartoons.

I want that MF hanging from the monument we have at the twin towers.

If they don’t show us pictures, video it didn’t happen. I want the ass holes body here in America were we can cut off his fkn head, then have horse pull his body apart. And hang that from the highest building in America.

Sorry if I pissed in anyone’s cheerios but I want proof, not a cartoon. I want the video of the special ops.

If and I say if he really is dead I want to see his dead fkn body.

Steve

I doubt we will ever see that Steve, and rightfully so. It would divulge practiced tactics and movements these special teams use in all hostage rescues, assaults, inserts and even protection of the unit identities to any enemy who wish to break them down and learn defensive measures to counteract these operations.

There are some things, WE, the people, just don't have a need to know--not that I am not curious as heck about how they pulled it off, in a foriegn land, deep inside their borders. We may not even ever know which branches were directly involed on the ground, tho my guess would be Army Rangers for containment and Seal Team for the actual assault on the compound. Be interesting to know how they were transported that far--that quickly--without detection.

Huge congrats to whever put this op into action at the pentagon--the planning and logistics must have been a SOB.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2011 09:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post

maryjane

69651 posts
Member since Apr 2001

I watched an interview last night on TV (one of the 3 older networks) where a man whose family member had been killed on 9-11 was being interviewed. He was very articulate, very intelligent sounding, but In the course of the interview, he stopped mid-sentence, said to the interviewer: "Have to be very careful here, choose my words--it is so easy to get the 2 names mixed up as they sound so much alike.". (not 'exactly word for word, but very close to that)

Doni Hagan

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 127
Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2011 09:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Doni HaganSend a Private Message to Doni HaganDirect Link to This Post

Funny, Cliff...my thoughts were running along the same lines initially.

In a decidedly cynical Orwellian kind of sense, OBL was worth more to us as a specter "out there somewhere" than a corpse...a sort of human Sword of Damocles. Since 9/11, he's been effectively used as a political fundraising tool, a rallying point for the masses and, it seems, the only thing everyone in the country agreed on...a modern-day version of Emmanuel Goldstein. In a somewhat roundabout way, the "military industrial complex" Ike warned us about has made a fortune on the fact that "Bin Laden's still out there" in the past years and there was no reason to think it would stop any time soon, budget concerns or no. Also, some would argue that a "living, breathing" OBL has in recent years served as an effective justifying reason for more military buildup, domestic surveillance and elimination of civil liberties via legislation like the Patriot Act.

I totally agree that, in under ideal circumstances, it would've likely been best to keep this quiet for as long as possible. But, given the present toxic political climate, blame would've been rapidly assigned for NOT revealing OBL's demise. A classic, Catch-22 for this administration....damned if you do, damned if you don't....as some of the posts here clearly indicate. But, petty domestic battles aside, I fear this will prove the biggest terrorist recruiting tool in years. At the very least, we should anticipate an marked upswing in Al Qaeda activities (authentic or pseudo) over the next few months. The security implications are myriad.

Having said all that, I'm extremely glad the c***sucker's finally dead.

Also, in my humble opinion, the victory belongs to our military....they found him, they got him. Well done.

[This message has been edited by Doni Hagan (edited 05-02-2011).]

82-T/A [At Work]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2011 09:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Direct Link to This Post
As I said in the other thread... what's wrong with you people? Why the political bantering about this? Osama is dead... why not just be happy about it. Who cares whether this hurts or helps Obama. Just be ****ing happy the guy is dead... this is something we should all be celebrating. Some of you guys should be ashamed that you're more concerned with the political ramifications of this than you are at the fact that the political mastermind of terrorism over the past 15-20 years has been killed.

Take a ****ing moment to be happy... his body is still warm and you guys are pointing fingers and going back and forth... seriously, what the ****?

Todd
Doni Hagan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2011 09:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Doni HaganSend a Private Message to Doni HaganDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 82-T/A [At Work]:

As I said in the other thread... what's wrong with you people? Why the political bantering about this? Osama is dead... why not just be happy about it. Who cares whether this hurts or helps Obama. Just be ****ing happy the guy is dead... this is something we should all be celebrating. Some of you guys should be ashamed that you're more concerned with the political ramifications of this than you are at the fact that the political mastermind of terrorism over the past 15-20 years has been killed.

Take a ****ing moment to be happy... his body is still warm and you guys are pointing fingers and going back and forth... seriously, what the ****?

Todd

dsnover

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2011 09:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dsnoverSend a Private Message to dsnoverDirect Link to This Post
I'm glad we got him. I'm unsure if the cost was entirely worth it, but history will be the judge.

It sounds like they did a burial at sea thing, which I can't say I agree with....Too honorable.

(WARNING: If you are easily offended by anti-muslim-terrorist-wacko speech, don't read further......)

I know it isn't politically correct, but a part of me that is very vindictive would have liked for his dead body to be covered in bacon, displayed face-down at the site of the Twin Towers, with a Koran burning softly for illumination.

OK, I guess we couldn't really do that. But like I said a _part_ of me would think that would be 'justice'.

Finally, now that he is dead (that WAS the mission, RIGHT?), can we please get rid of the Patriot Act, TSA, and all the other alphabet-soup agencies that were spawned because of 9-11-2001? At least the TSA? Please?
(I do hope that at least the bullet that got him was dipped in pigs blood, though....)

[This message has been edited by dsnover (edited 05-02-2011).]

84fiero123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2011 09:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Direct Link to This Post

I doubt we will ever see that Steve, and rightfully so. It would divulge practiced tactics and movements these special teams use in all hostage rescues, assaults, inserts and even protection of the unit identities to any enemy who wish to break them down and learn defensive measures to counteract these operations.

There are some things, WE, the people, just don't have a need to know--not that I am not curious as heck about how they pulled it off, in a foriegn land, deep inside their borders. We may not even ever know which branches were directly involed on the ground, tho my guess would be Army Rangers for containment and Seal Team for the actual assault on the compound. Be interesting to know how they were transported that far--that quickly--without detection.

Huge congrats to whever put this op into action at the pentagon--the planning and logistics must have been a SOB.

I really could care less about all the other footage all I want to see is the bullet going into the fks head. They don’t need to show anything else about the assault just his death.

Steve

------------------
Technology is great when it works,
and one big pain in the ass when it doesn't.

Detroit iron rules all the rest are just toys.

PFF
System Bot
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2011 09:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post

Members of an elite Navy Seals team dropped by helicopter to the compound were under orders to kill not capture bin Laden, who had eluded U.S. forces for 13 years, a senior U.S. security official told Reuters.

"This was a kill operation," the official said, speaking on condition of anonymity.

Many analysts see bin Laden's death as largely symbolic since he was no longer believed to have been issuing operational orders to the many autonomous al Qaeda affiliates around the world.

Fearful of revenge attacks, the United States swiftly issued security warnings to Americans worldwide. A top Republican lawmaker briefed by the White House on bin Laden's death said U.S. security agencies were working to prevent any attacks on the United States or its installations overseas.

"This is a key moment because al Qaeda has to avenge. This is a terrible defeat for them and they have to move as quickly as they can, and it's up to us to stop them," said congressman Peter King.
(more at link below)

http://www.reuters.com/arti...dUSTRE74107920110502
TiredGXP

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2011 09:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TiredGXPSend a Private Message to TiredGXPDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dsnover:

It sounds like they did a burial at sea thing, which I can't say I agree with....Too honorable.

*Snip*.

Just remember, it's the war on terror, not a war on Islam.

Gratuitous insults to the body, or a burial that does not conform to Islamic beliefs would have been just about the stupidest thing that the American military could have done. It accomplishes nothing, diminishes the individuals involved, and would just ensure that the expected backlash will be even more extreme.
Doni Hagan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2011 10:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Doni HaganSend a Private Message to Doni HaganDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jaskispyder:

Change the channel if you don't like it. Fox isn't the only one making the mistake. I heard "Obama is dead" came from another news agency.

...or Freudian slip.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2011 10:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
http://www.reuters.com/arti...107920110502&slide=1

"MAY CONTAIN GRAPHIC IMAGES NOT SUITABLE FOR WORK OR YOUNGER FAMILY MEMBERS)
Wichita

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2011 10:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaDirect Link to This Post
It would be hard for Osama's followers to build a shrine out at sea for which his body will be nothing but hammerhead shark food. So a burial at sea I think was a right thing to do.

Important lesson learned is that we shouldn't make friends with folks who inherently hates us. Osama, Saddam, Yassir, Leftist of all stripes and all other depots that hate us. Enemy of my enemy is my friend will have bad blow backs as history has shown us.

fierofetish

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 277
User Banned

Report this Post05-02-2011 10:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofetishSend a Private Message to fierofetishDirect Link to This Post
I would like to submit my personal view about this, without upsetting ANYBODY here

It is a hollow victory, IMHO, but one worth celebrating. the removal from our World of a Man with aspirations far and beyond normal Human parameters.
It evokes memories of my feelings when Saddam Hussein was finally captured. A spent, bedraggled and powerless figurehead, and probably handed over by the more potent and powerful Pretenders to his odious cause., to inspire increased hatred against the West.
I doubt Bin Laden was anything more at the time of his death. I can consider, quite seriously, that Bin Laden was of no further use to them, and they gave him the 'Judas´ kiss of Death'.

And I harbour serious doubts about the timescale of his death. The burial at sea of his body seems to be very suspicious to my naive mind . If they could shoot him dead at close range, and know exactly who he was, they could have taken him prisoner, and made him face the World Court, charged with horrendous acts against humanity. Instead, if it WAS Him, and WAS within the last few days, we would seem to have lost an opportunity to demonstrate to the World what happens to the detrius in Humanity, at the hands of righteousness. Instead, He has been allowed to become a Martyr in the eyes of those who would follow him and his cause.
But then again, one lunatic in the Asylum getting their just rewards would hardly stop the next lunatic bent on emulating him.
Meanwhile, certain people in Pakistan need to be brought to Book too.
I wish us ALL protection against the possible backlash, which, if I am right, is inevitable, and the planned course of reaction amongst those amongst us who would escalate this terrible, and dangerous ´War´.
I am glad to hear of your success in eliminating him. I just wish it was more transparent. Hopefully it will become so.
And hopefully, the GOOD Muslims amongst us can continue to thrive and prosper WITH us.

Doni Hagan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2011 10:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Doni HaganSend a Private Message to Doni HaganDirect Link to This Post
Nick, respectfully, a Bin Laden trial would've have been a logistical nightmare for any country chosen to hold it. In this country in particular, it would be the biggest political football in US history. By the time we exhausted the partisan debates over jurisdiction (military or civil courts), the stump speeches, the choice of location,etc., OBL would've likely died of old age. Also, after a trial, do you execute him or imprison him and how do you keep that location from becoming a shrine to and/or magnet for OBL supporters? Already, Hamas has released a statement saying that the killing of Bin Laden "amounts to the assassination of an Arabic warrior."

I think the larger and most pressing issue is how did OBL maintain a million dollar compound in a well-protected suburb of Islamabad, Pakistan and Pakistani Intelligence (our "allies") not know about it?

By the way....thanks for the last sentence. My sentiments exactly.

[This message has been edited by Doni Hagan (edited 05-02-2011).]

BMTFIERO

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2011 10:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BMTFIEROSend a Private Message to BMTFIERODirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Bradley Jay:

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

SAVED

Doni Hagan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2011 10:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Doni HaganSend a Private Message to Doni HaganDirect Link to This Post
Don't believe the OBL death photos just yet...
http://photoblog.msnbc.msn....-the-photo-is-a-fake
Doug85GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 121
Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2011 10:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Doug85GTSend a Private Message to Doug85GTDirect Link to This Post
I'm glad he is dead. IMO, the President in giving this order went against his ideology when he gave the kill order. Originally he wanted to try all of the terrorists in civilian court. Yet again the President backslid and gave the kill order rather than capture and bring him to trial.

This is completely understandable. A trial would have been a worldwide fiasco and would have cost tens of millions of dollars. A 50 cent bullet is much cheaper. I am glad for the benefit of the country that the President gave the kill order.

I also like the fact that they dumped Osama's body in the ocean. Osama will never face Mecca and his body will never be found as it is eaten by fish and rots away. Another pragmatic but correct decision.

Compared to candidate Obama, President Obama is a very different person. I believe that cadidate Obama would be protesting the actions that President Obama took. Thank goodness the office made him grow up.
PFF
System Bot
fierobear

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 383
Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2011 10:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tbone42:

So, in the meantime, while we are waiting for me to 'reveal my telling context', I'm done with you. If you ACTUALLY have something coherent to say or contend, send me a PM and stop mucking the thread up with compaints about perceived intent of what was only a trivia post.

Everything I said was coherent. You just won't admit it.

Synthesis

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2011 11:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post
tbone42, fierobear, and anyone else who wants to keep this political...

Sit down, shut up, and appreciate the news itself for what it is.

I hold many of you in the highest regard, but seriously, SHUT THE F*** UP...

Take your bickering elsewhere if you want to sit and spout vileness at each other....

On that note:
fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2011 11:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

You might want to get your story straight. It appears that the picture posted is a local Fox affiliate, Fox 40, not the network.

fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2011 11:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

fierobear

27079 posts
Member since Aug 2000

Originally posted by jaskispyder:

MSNBC. I posted a link earlier.

Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2011 11:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post
I just watched Obama's speech this morning. Of course he gave credit to himself for giving the order, but as CIC, he would have to authorize the action, so credit to him for that. Clinton also had an opportunity to kill bin Laden and didn't. Obama looked very pained in that speech, like he was very reluctant to give it. I'm sure my own dislike of Obama color's that interpretation some, but his body language seemed especially stiff and his face seemed more expressionless than usual, like someone putting up a brave front when forced with doing something distasteful. That said, I thought it was a good speech and I'm glad he reiterated the war is not against Islam, just as Bush said so after 9/11.

I wonder what this will do to Obama's popularity in the Muslim world? As much as libs like to joke when right wingers talk about Obama being Muslim or a having pro-Muslim agenda, much of the Muslim world accepted him because of that.
fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2011 11:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cliffw:
A little worse than that Don. The city he lived in is a major military umm, personal living haven for high ranking military personel. Generals and such. And not that he was discreet. I understand the home complex stood out like a sore thumb in it's construction technique.

I mentioned this several years ago. I made this point to those who criticized Bush for not being able to find him. Bin Laden was a Saudi heir. Last night, I saw one bit of info on the news that he inherited 80 million dollars in 1979, at age 13. Later, after 9/11, I read that he had something like $200 million. Let's say it's *only* $80 mil. Give someone $80 million, nearly a billion people spread across 100 countries that are sympathetic to his cause, and it doesn't seem to difficult to believe he could hide out somewhere.
fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2011 11:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

fierobear

27079 posts
Member since Aug 2000

Originally posted by NEPTUNE:

It is being reported that Osamas body has been buried at sea.
Dumping him into a landfill with the other garbage would have been more appropriate, I think.

http://calgary.ctv.ca/servl...502/?hub=CalgaryHome

Beck just said put his remains in a foot locker with Spam.
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2011 11:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by weaselbeak:

"Huh? As soon as "I" took office, "I" ordered Leon Panetta to make this a priority. (Not even, "I reaffirmed the priority set by my predecessor.")(NOPE! "I" gave this order !!!)
"I" was briefed (eight months ago). "I" ordered further investigations. "I" ordered action."

Sorry, Shyster, It was not a reinforced priority. Bush stated clearly that he was not that important, more than once. Obama made it a priority again. He did give the order, unless there is a CIC we aren't aware of. "I ordered action" is exactly what happened.

Im with you, I listened to most of it and heard a lot of I and not that much us and we. Supporters of him must have something that turns that word off in their head so they dont hear it...lol.

jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2011 11:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierobear:

Beck just said put his remains in a foot locker with Spam.

Should have fed the remains to pigs

But as mentioned, they would have had to follow religious burial to satisfy the religious.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 14 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock