Started on: 09-16-2008 06:19 PM
Replies: 192
Last post by: chrismclubm on 06-01-2010 03:17 PM
JimmyS

Feedback score:    (31)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 124
Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2008 04:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fierotaz:

Not sure but it seems this thread should be in the mall, that way feedback can be left and transactions tracked.
Just my two cents.

I agree.

I have started a thread, in The Mall, for the scoops...
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/044102.html

Thread for bumpers...
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/044145.html

I am working on threads, for the other parts, and will post The Mall links here as I complete them.

[This message has been edited by JimmyS (edited 09-28-2008).]

IP: Logged
pooder85seXY

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2008 05:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pooder85seXYSend a Private Message to pooder85seXYDirect Link to This Post
tottally agree with timgray on the front end..if you can do that i'd totally buy
1986 Fiero GT

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2008 08:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1986 Fiero GTSend a Private Message to 1986 Fiero GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pooder85seXY:

tottally agree with timgray on the front end..if you can do that i'd totally buy

Kind of a dick move, if you don't get Fie Ro's permission, I'd say.
pooder85seXY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2008 08:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pooder85seXYSend a Private Message to pooder85seXYDirect Link to This Post
it doesnt have to be a mirror image...just the basic design, i like the flat frontends
randye

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2008 08:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 1986 Fiero GT:

Kind of a dick move, if you don't get Fie Ro's permission, I'd say.

Care to elaborate?

And......If there are any rumors going around that someone "copied Dietmar parts without permission", I'll be more than happy to clear that up for you.
JimmyS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2008 09:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by randye:

Care to elaborate?

And......If there are any rumors going around that someone "copied Dietmar parts without permission", I'll be more than happy to clear that up for you.

Have not "heard" of any rumors yet but there is no need to clear anything up Randye. These are different than Dietmars in numerous ways.
1986 Fiero GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2008 04:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1986 Fiero GTSend a Private Message to 1986 Fiero GTDirect Link to This Post

Care to elaborate?

I was referring to the image of Roderick's (Fie Ro) gray GT. I was just saying that if you guys plan to produce that fascia, I'd recommend securing his permission. Granted of course, it's not strictly "illegal," just like I said...a dick move. I was making no references to your parts that may or may not resemble pre-existing parts.
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2008 07:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post

I was referring to the image of Roderick's (Fie Ro) gray GT. I was just saying that if you guys plan to produce that fascia, I'd recommend securing his permission. Granted of course, it's not strictly "illegal," just like I said...a dick move. I was making no references to your parts that may or may not resemble pre-existing parts.

Honestly he said he had not intention in making more, he made it for himself. I expressed some interest but suggested some changes and asked if he would be mad and I don't remember his exact answer but the short version was he wasn't mad.

Its a nice front end, short and cleans up the large over hang in the front. Something similar could be made pretty quickly from a few different front ends. If there was a market I could see it but at the price it would cost to create and sell I don't think you will be seeing it anytime soon.
randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2008 11:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeDirect Link to This Post

Ok, thanks.

As you aptly stated, there is nothing "illegal" about copying any of these parts that have neither copyright or patent protection in the U.S.
That being said, I do agree that simply taking someone elses design "lock-stock and barrel", and commercializing it is, at best, inappropriate. I only responded to you on this matter, as I did not want anyone to get the mistaken idea that Jimmy, or anyone else had simply copied Dietmar's scoop panels without discussion with him.

I can hereby assure you that I did indeed secure agreement from Dietmar this past January to reproduce his parts here in the U.S. Some people here on PFF, including Tony, (exoticse), knew about this at the time, but agreed to keep it quiet until such time as I was ready to announce the parts as being ready to sell and ship.

I feel this is important, as I've seen too many "ambitious" individuals here take orders and accept money for "future products", only to come to a highly undesirable end. Selling something you don't have yet is a business model for disaster.

My work responsibilities and travel had kept me from progressing further with the project, and when Jimmy, and Dan stepped up, I happily conveyed the project to someone who had the time and means to actually bring this to reality. Being the creative fellows that they are, Jimmy and Dan have made several changes and enhancements to the original Dietmar designs, and in my opinion made them even better. Dan produces first class fiberglass work, and I know Jimmy to be a responsible and honest man who is putting 110% effort into this venture to make some custom Fiero parts available to us at a much more reasonable cost than having to import them from overseas. They are also adhering to the business model that I suggested, and are not selling products that do not exist yet.

They have what they say they have.

Perhaps all this explanation was unnecessary, but I felt it important to make certain that there are no misconceptions.

I hope everyone will support him in this and I'm certain you will not be disappointed in the quality of the parts.
Personally, I am very excited about the idea of having these "exotic" parts reliably available and affordable here in the U.S. now and I wish them every success with this venture. If this goes well, I know that there are more "surprises" in store for everyone

Randy

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 09-25-2008).]

Back On Holiday

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2008 11:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayDirect Link to This Post

I know that there are more "surprises" in store for everyone

I love suprises
85SEnochie

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2008 11:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 85SEnochieSend a Private Message to 85SEnochieDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by LT188GT:

http://www.youtube.com/watc...zcys&feature=related

Thanks for the video that helps alot

PFF
System Bot
Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2008 02:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the interest in my front fascia

There are a few reasons why I didnt started production of these :
- I didnt intend to do that anyway. I just wanted to build my 'updated' Fiero and its still not finished
- Time
- before production there are several details that I would change which means new molds and...time
- With the low dollar/high euro and shipping from europe you would have to pay more and I would earn less

So what I do is sharing the buildups to provide information and inspiration to start your own project....as other buildups on the forum are an inspiration for me.
I dont care if somebody makes something simmilar, and if so let me know, I have some pointers to make it better.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2008 02:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Ok, thanks.

As you aptly stated, there is nothing "illegal" about copying any of these parts that have neither copyright or patent protection in the U.S.
That being said, I do agree that simply taking someone elses design "lock-stock and barrel", and commercializing it is, at best, inappropriate. I only responded to you on this matter, as I did not want anyone to get the mistaken idea that Jimmy, or anyone else had simply copied Dietmar's scoop panels without discussion with him.

I can hereby assure you that I did indeed secure agreement from Dietmar this past January to reproduce his parts here in the U.S. Some people here on PFF, including Tony, (exoticse), knew about this at the time, but agreed to keep it quiet until such time as I was ready to announce the parts as being ready to sell and ship.

I feel this is important, as I've seen too many "ambitious" individuals here take orders and accept money for "future products", only to come to a highly undesirable end. Selling something you don't have yet is a business model for disaster.

My work responsibilities and travel had kept me from progressing further with the project, and when Jimmy, and Dan stepped up, I happily conveyed the project to someone who had the time and means to actually bring this to reality. Being the creative fellows that they are, Jimmy and Dan have made several changes and enhancements to the original Dietmar designs, and in my opinion made them even better. Dan produces first class fiberglass work, and I know Jimmy to be a responsible and honest man who is putting 110% effort into this venture to make some custom Fiero parts available to us at a much more reasonable cost than having to import them form overseas. They are also adhering to the business model that I suggested, and are not selling products that do not exist yet.

They have what they say they have.

Perhaps all this explanation was unnecessary, but I felt it important to make certain that there are no misconceptions.

I hope everyone will support him in this and I'm certain you will not be disappointed in the quality of the parts.
Personally, I am very excited about the idea of having these "exotic" parts reliably available and affordable here now and I wish them every success with this venture. If this goes well, I know that there are more "surprises" in store for everyone

Randy

Yes. Everything randy has said is true. He and the guys have been working on this for a long time, and i congratulate them on a job very well done and am excited for the fiero community.

Excellent styled products, outstanding quality, and a group of guys who definatly have their heads on straight.

Great job guys and looking forward to more great stuff in the future.
JimmyS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2008 03:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Mister:

I always liked Dietmar's side scoops and there was some posts about someone that will make them in north America.
Now with your new product we almost need a side by side picture of both scoops installed on a Fiero to decide

Thanks.

Here are some comparison pics for you
Dietmar...

GT Style #1

Non GT Style with GT Ground Effects attached to make GT Style #2

Sorry that I can't offer any painted pics. If someone cares to photoshop some color onto the scoops, please feel free to do so.

Dan had a death in the family and has been tied up the last few days dealing with it. He is checking on shipping prices for the bumpers and we will have prices soon. All the other questions will be answered soon too. Please just be a little patient.
randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2008 04:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeDirect Link to This Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by JimmyS:

I think I just wet myself a little
What a huge difference those few changes make.
They look FANTASTIC!
1986 Fiero GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2008 05:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1986 Fiero GTSend a Private Message to 1986 Fiero GTDirect Link to This Post
Just making sure. Didn't mean to be an ass. That being said, you guys have some great parts at good prices. The best part is that you're in the US. Anyhow, I'll certainly be placing an order for, at the very least; scoops, shortly. Still waiting on hatch details...super interested in that guy.

[This message has been edited by 1986 Fiero GT (edited 09-25-2008).]

randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2008 06:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeDirect Link to This Post
Here is what I meant about the new scoops following the existing body lines of the Fiero better now:

All due credit to Dietmar for the original concept , but by bringing the top of the scoop up to the beltline, moving the start of the inward curve close to the door edge, eliminating the vertical "fold line" and changing the profile of the arc, Dan has dramatically changed the look of these, (for the better), in my opinion.

I'm anxious to see the "IMSA" style panel now.
randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2008 07:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeDirect Link to This Post

randye

13819 posts
Member since Mar 2006

Didn't mean to be an ass.

You weren't, and I fully understand your concern as I'm sure Jimmy does.
JimmyS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2008 07:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySDirect Link to This Post

Anyhow, I'll certainly be placing an order for, at the very least; scoops, shortly. Still waiting on hatch details...super interested in that guy.

I have some hatch details for you...

The glass is from a early Nissan 240Z
Dan designed a simple hinge for the hatch. It works but he is not satisified with it's appearance. He is working on a different design.
there is 2 choices for the buyer. You can either fabricate your own hinge to your liking or you can wait for Dan to finish a different design.
Chris Hodson

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2008 01:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris HodsonSend a Private Message to Chris HodsonDirect Link to This Post
Lizardo kit has my attention...
JimmyS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2008 06:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySDirect Link to This Post
I have a few answers to some questions...

The Lizardo Kit...

Very little frame cutting needed. The only frame cutting is at the headlight area and is minimal. Most of the panels mount to the existing locations as the stock panels. Some bracket fabricating is required but it is minimal. The kit was designed around Corvette wheels. A 3" spacer is required on the stock hubs.

The hatch...

The hatch glass is from an early Nissan 240Z, Dan designed a hinge system that works but he is not happy with the way they look. He is currently in the process of designing a new, more pleasing to the eye, hinge system. You have the choice of fabricating your own hinge system or waiting for Dan to complete the new design.

[This message has been edited by JimmyS (edited 09-28-2008).]

PFF
System Bot
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2008 07:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post
robabley going to order the quarter windows next pay check how do you take payment paypal?
JimmyS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2008 09:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pontiackid86:

robabley going to order the quarter windows next pay check how do you take payment paypal?

I can take paypal or postal money order. PM me for my address if you want to send a postal money order.

Which sails are you wanting? The open ones or the louvered ones?
86fierofun

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2008 10:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fierofunSend a Private Message to 86fierofunDirect Link to This Post
wow. I likie!!!!

[This message has been edited by 86fierofun (edited 09-28-2008).]

86fierofun

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2008 01:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fierofunSend a Private Message to 86fierofunDirect Link to This Post
wow, was my painting job so bad as to kill the thread? Or were they that good?
Mister

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2008 02:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MisterSend a Private Message to MisterDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JimmyS:Here are some comparison pics for you

Thank you Jimmy.
I've resized and aligned the pics for a better comparison. It looks very good

[This message has been edited by Mister (edited 09-30-2008).]

Bridgetown

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2008 06:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BridgetownSend a Private Message to BridgetownDirect Link to This Post
Any chance on getting something like this made?

I really like those taillights
85SEnochie

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2008 01:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85SEnochieSend a Private Message to 85SEnochieDirect Link to This Post
How about a dash kit something like this?

I have read some of the other threads but I was wondering if you could build something like this or something like FIE RO dash

[This message has been edited by 85SEnochie (edited 10-03-2008).]

naumanos1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2008 02:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for naumanos1Send a Private Message to naumanos1Direct Link to This Post
Any new word on the Lizardo kit? And the above dash does look really nice
JimmyS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2008 03:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySDirect Link to This Post
New website is coming soon...

www.fierofiberglass.com
Jncomutt

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 221
Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2008 04:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JncomuttSend a Private Message to JncomuttDirect Link to This Post
Great to hear someone is taking on these projects. I wish all of your "behind the scenes" team the best of success. This is a great opportunity for us fiero owners.
PFF
System Bot
vinny

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2008 08:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for vinnySend a Private Message to vinnyDirect Link to This Post
Bump this for pictures of rear bumper
Sage

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 69
Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2008 12:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SageSend a Private Message to SageDirect Link to This Post
Just a note to say I got my front and rear bumpers this morning from JimmyS. First impression is these are top notch parts at bargain basement prices. Excellent fiberglass parts. Quality is grade A. Nice lay up, good gel coat coverage. Consistant thickness and reinforcement where needed. I don't see any problems whatsoever with these parts. Am kinda covered up time wise at present, but will report back concerning fitment and ease of installation, but I'm sure there won't be any problem there either. Will also post pics as I'm able. For those who were waiting to hear about the quality of these parts, don't wait much longer, as I'm sure the price will have to go up. Materials keep rising in price and the labor follows suit. Communication was nothing short of outstanding and shipment was fast, packing superior. I give the whole transaction a 10. Won't hesitate to buy again from this vendor. For those looking to make alterations to the factory nose or rear, these are the parts you need to start with. Don't have to tell you how much easier it is to work fiberglass than it is eurathane. Don't want to shoot myself in the foot here, but if this is the competition, I'm going to have to stay on my toes!

Good job all around............keep up the good work Jimmy!

HAGO!
JimmyS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2008 10:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Sage:

Good job all around............keep up the good work Jimmy!

HAGO!

Thank you for the comment and thank you again for your purchase.

We look forward to you next comment on ease of install and also the installed pics.

Thanks again

Jim
kevin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2008 11:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kevinSend a Private Message to kevinDirect Link to This Post
FN-Nay!

I'm a buyer for the side scoops. Let me know, as of October, what they sell for? How can they be delivered? Let us(me?) know...

Cordially,
Kevin----bump
JimmyS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2008 11:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by kevin:

FN-Nay!

I'm a buyer for the side scoops. Let me know, as of October, what they sell for? How can they be delivered? Let us(me?) know...

Cordially,
Kevin----bump

All the info you need on the scoops can be found on this thread in the mall
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/044102.html
vortecfiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2008 10:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for vortecfieroClick Here to visit vortecfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to vortecfieroDirect Link to This Post
i really like the front and rear bumpers... they are a great place to start if you
want to create a diff look since fiberglass is easy to mod.
msweldon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2008 04:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for msweldonSend a Private Message to msweldonDirect Link to This Post
Yeah, I bet there would be many people, myself included, who would jump all over this dash as it was done from the originator in Europe.

Any possibility to remaking AusFiero's scoops and ground effects?

Originally posted by 85SEnochie:

How about a dash kit something like this?

I have read some of the other threads but I was wondering if you could build something like this or something like FIE RO dash

[This message has been edited by msweldon (edited 10-27-2008).]

JimmyS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2008 07:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by msweldon:

Yeah, I bet there would be many people, myself included, who would jump all over this dash as it was done from the originator in Europe.

Any possibility to remaking AusFiero's scoops and ground effects?

We "will not", and I repeat, "will not" be copying anyones own designs. Ours may be similar but are definately different. Aus would probably not be very happy if we just took his design and started selling it. We do not want that kind of reputation. Aus has stated that he "may" start making them again but only time will tell. We have 4 different styles of our own scoops... 5 if you count the fact that 1 of the styles (Non GT Style) can be used to make another style (GT Stlyle #2).
msweldon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2008 11:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for msweldonSend a Private Message to msweldonDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JimmyS:

We "will not", and I repeat, "will not" be copying anyones own designs. Ours may be similar but are definately different. Aus would probably not be very happy if we just took his design and started selling it. We do not want that kind of reputation. Aus has stated that he "may" start making them again but only time will tell. We have 4 different styles of our own scoops... 5 if you count the fact that 1 of the styles (Non GT Style) can be used to make another style (GT Stlyle #2).

I completely agree with you, I was merely indirectly referring to the fact that Aus has attempted to sell his molds to another company in the states to perhaps start making them. Seems like an opportunity for the Fiero community. Nice scoops by the way.

The dash, on the other hand, was abandoned by a European fella well over 5 years ago and his design would represent a great starting point for a team as skilled as yours.

regards...
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock