Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  25th Show: "Official Picture Thread" (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 10 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10 
Previous Page | Next Page
25th Show: "Official Picture Thread" by Fiero 25 - Mark
Started on: 07-22-2008 07:18 PM
Replies: 381
Last post by: WingNut - MD on 06-07-2010 12:58 PM
Fiero 25 - Mark

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2008 07:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero 25 - MarkClick Here to visit Fiero 25 - Mark's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero 25 - MarkDirect Link to This Post
OK, You knew this thread was coming. It is 2 days before the official start of the show and the "BUZZ" is just tremendous. One of our club members, A.T. Maxim has his beautiful 3X,XXX mile White 1988 GT on Display at the McDonald's Restaurant on Woodward Ave, near the host hotel. It has been there for a few weeks helping promote the show, and will be on display there throughout the show. (We have the address on the itineraries for you to plug into your GPS)

So without further adieu, here are the first official photos for the 25th Anniversary Show!

Sign at hotel promoting the show

Sign promoting the car and show at the Mickey D's. It was behind glass, and difficult to get a good photo of.

------------------
Are You Going to the 25th Anniversary Show?

Official 25th Web Page

25th Registration Form

25TH CHATROOM LINK

Fiero 25 - Mark (AKA: Wingnut - MD)

[This message has been edited by Fiero 25 - Mark (edited 07-22-2008).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
randye

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2008 07:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeDirect Link to This Post
I hope that car is sealed up nice and tight or it's likely going to McSmell for a long McTime
pumpkincarriage

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2008 08:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pumpkincarriageSend a Private Message to pumpkincarriageDirect Link to This Post
I must say your McDonalds is much cooler than ours, actually they tore ours down last week...

So does the Fiero come with fries...
Or just fires?

I'm dumb, I had to say it

I'm also going insane waiting for 5am Thursday so we can get up there already!
WingNut - MD

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2008 08:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WingNut - MDClick Here to visit WingNut - MD's HomePageSend a Private Message to WingNut - MDDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pumpkincarriage:
So does the Fiero come with fries...

Look very closely at the hood. There is a French Fry on it. (I was disappointed to see it on the car)
pumpkincarriage

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2008 09:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pumpkincarriageSend a Private Message to pumpkincarriageDirect Link to This Post
Near the pass. headlight door? Well that sucks. I hearby retract my comment
R Runner

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2008 09:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerDirect Link to This Post
WOW ! That is really cool! May have to go to McDonalds while I'm up there.
Bradley Jay

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2008 09:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Bradley JaySend a Private Message to Bradley JayDirect Link to This Post
I was actually kind-of disappointed to see it at McDonald's in the first place.

Car like that deserves better.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2008 09:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Bradley Jay:

At Hooter's the crowds can get a bit rowdy. Its in the correct place (granted I'd like mine glassed off not sectioned). I wouldn't want someone rubbing their sticky hands on the DUBS.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 07-22-2008).]

MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2008 10:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post

But you can't buy better visibility/exposure than a McD's... more people through there than pretty much any other single establishment in a day!
Monkeyman

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 182
Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2008 11:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanDirect Link to This Post
Also, a wider selection of people. People who would never go to a Hooters, etc. Older folks, women, kids, etc.
FieroRumor

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 348
Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2008 11:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post
That's cool that the car is in there! Hope everything goes smoothly with the show!

This thread's gonna get a TON of hits!

PFF
System Bot
Kyle1016

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2008 01:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Kyle1016Send a Private Message to Kyle1016Direct Link to This Post
Very cool, and a huge honor. Went up to the Marriott tonight, hoping to snap some fiero pictures. But not one in the parking lot yet
Guess i was too early. ha ha. Maybe tomorrow night.
Fiero 25 - Mark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2008 01:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero 25 - MarkClick Here to visit Fiero 25 - Mark's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero 25 - MarkDirect Link to This Post
There may be a few showing up tomorrow. Stop on by.
BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2008 03:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkDirect Link to This Post
we will be there tomorrow round 7
CowsPatoot

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2008 11:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CowsPatootClick Here to visit CowsPatoot's HomePageSend a Private Message to CowsPatootDirect Link to This Post
Woo hoo!!! I survived the drive! If you are on your way, watch for the speed trap at the 29.5 mile marker on US23. Going to get a couple hours sleep, then head out for drag racing. I will post pics and video when I get back.
Syme

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2008 02:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SymeSend a Private Message to SymeDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by CowsPatoot:

then head out for drag racing. I will post pics and video when I get back.

Looking forward to that. I'm not going to make it until Friday, so I was hoping this thread might serve as a bit of an appetizer before then

------------------

ohioindy

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2008 02:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ohioindyClick Here to visit ohioindy's HomePageSend a Private Message to ohioindyDirect Link to This Post
Wednesday afternoon 7-23-08

------------------
Factory Stock…
The way God intended it to be.

pumpkincarriage

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2008 04:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pumpkincarriageSend a Private Message to pumpkincarriageDirect Link to This Post
Okay, who snuck that Grand Am in with the Fieros?
Thinkin' no one would notice...
davikan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2008 07:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for davikanClick Here to visit davikan's HomePageSend a Private Message to davikanDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by randye:

I hope that car is sealed up nice and tight or it's likely going to McSmell for a long McTime

Ha! I'm McLaughin' my McHead off!

------------------

CowsPatoot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2008 10:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CowsPatootClick Here to visit CowsPatoot's HomePageSend a Private Message to CowsPatootDirect Link to This Post
The drag meet:

This is an appetizer...I will have the videos up shortly, gotta do some work on them first.
paced84

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2008 10:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for paced84Send a Private Message to paced84Direct Link to This Post
Guys
here is Fred B's PPG in my garage, go-cart and grandsons go-cart. Now at the Marriott. Indy will be there Thur.

Ron

------------------

signature by F-I-E-R-O (My Indy on right / #1 IMS)

PFF
System Bot
Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2008 10:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartDirect Link to This Post

There's a wait list of the cars that get shown there.

http://info.detnews.com/joy...ory/index.cfm?id=151
The car currently on display is a blue '65 Mustang, but next week or next month, it could be a '57 Chevrolet or a Model A Ford or even a classic Mercedes-Benz or Packard from the '30s.
Back On Holiday

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2008 10:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by paced84:

WoW, my son would LOVE a go-cart like a Fiero...
Fiero 25 - Mark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2008 12:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero 25 - MarkClick Here to visit Fiero 25 - Mark's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero 25 - MarkDirect Link to This Post
A few late night shots from above.

edit: fixed so they are viewable without a click

[This message has been edited by Fiero 25 - Mark (edited 07-24-2008).]

Fiero 25 - Mark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2008 12:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero 25 - MarkClick Here to visit Fiero 25 - Mark's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero 25 - MarkDirect Link to This Post

Fiero 25 - Mark

419 posts
Member since Jan 2007
dbl post

[This message has been edited by Fiero 25 - Mark (edited 07-24-2008).]

JimmyS

Feedback score:    (31)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 124
Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2008 12:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by paced84:

Guys
here is Fred B's PPG in my garage, go-cart and grandsons go-cart. Now at the Marriott. Indy will be there Thur.

Ron

I am soooooooooo not liking you right now!

I have bid on a couple of these on ebay but keep getting outbid! I wonder why.

I have this one though.

Nice carts by the way. I bet those are a lot of fun.

I really wish I could have made this show.

Have fun you all. I look forward to all the pics.

------------------

My best advice when it comes to your Fiero is to "NOT" do any dealings with www.kitcarman.com
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/A...070315-1-061575.html <~ The drama with kitcarman
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/078336.html <~ finishing and fixing kitcarmans mess
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/079860.html <~ re-do after kitcarmans motor blew up.

CowsPatoot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2008 01:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CowsPatootClick Here to visit CowsPatoot's HomePageSend a Private Message to CowsPatootDirect Link to This Post
I will split these up better for people later when I am on my own computer....but for now, you can at least see the activity.

First race is DrCPU, caught trying his Canadian start, followed up with Pyrthian. I missed Pyrthian's time on this one. This was my first time filming with this camera, and I had just ran to the bleachers to start filming when the burnout started. Excuse the shaking, but I was lucky to even catch these.
http://www.cowspatoot.com/25th/race1.avi

This one is Green87 (in his silver 86) beating up on a Mustang, followed by Dark Horizon killing a Mustang.
http://www.cowspatoot.com/25th/race2.avi

DrCPU's second run. This time he figured out where we stage here in the states.
http://www.cowspatoot.com/25th/race3.avi

Green87 vs Pyrthian
http://www.cowspatoot.com/25th/race4.avi

Dark Horizon's second run. I believe the 1/4 mile times post needs to be updated.
http://www.cowspatoot.com/25th/race5.avi

Green87 vs Pyrthian again, followed by DrCPU's third run.
http://www.cowspatoot.com/25th/race6.avi

All but one drove away. I didn't catch who this is, but it is one of Dark Horizon's group. Victim of a broken axle on his first launch. I wasn't filming, I didn't realize he had lined up. He was towed back to Flint, and will most likely have the car repaired in time for the rest of the festivities.
http://www.cowspatoot.com/25th/towed.avi

Fiero 25 - Mark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2008 07:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero 25 - MarkClick Here to visit Fiero 25 - Mark's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero 25 - MarkDirect Link to This Post
GOOD MORNING PFF FROM PONTIAC!

FieroAurora

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2008 08:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroAuroraSend a Private Message to FieroAuroraDirect Link to This Post
wish I was there! Have a great time and be safe!!!
Nurb432

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 224
User on Probation

Report this Post07-24-2008 10:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by WingNut - MD:

Look very closely at the hood. There is a French Fry on it. (I was disappointed to see it on the car)

What do you expect? People in general are pigs.

If it was my store, id expect that and isolate the cars from the patrons with some glass, as i know who ever would bring their car in to show wouldn't want it pelted with food. Could you imagine a chocolate shake tossed into the cabin of a convertible that wasn't noticed for a couple of days?
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2008 10:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Nurb432:

What do you expect? People in general are pigs.

Maybe, but actually I think it's a reflection and not a french fry. I went by there last night and the lobby was closed, but from the outside it looked pristine.

PFF
System Bot
Syme

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2008 10:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SymeSend a Private Message to SymeDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by CowsPatoot:

I will split these up better for people later when I am on my own computer....but for now, you can at least see the activity.

Great videos. Thanks for posting those. Some quick fieros. Looked like a fair number of mustangs there as well.
Now I have to go do some searching for more info on that silver notchie. ....I'm jealous.
Nurb432

Leave feedback

User on Probation

Report this Post07-24-2008 01:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by ohioindy:

Wednesday afternoon 7-23-08

*Snip*

Man, all these nice looking cars. ill bring the entire thing down with how bad mine looks :
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2008 01:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Landed in Ohio yesterday morning, visited with the family, picked up my rental car today, and leaving Cincinnati area early friday morning for the drive up to the show.

Pontiac here we come !
Fiero 25 - Mark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2008 02:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero 25 - MarkClick Here to visit Fiero 25 - Mark's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero 25 - MarkDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:

Maybe, but actually I think it's a reflection and not a french fry. I went by there last night and the lobby was closed, but from the outside it looked pristine.

They must have cleaned it off. It 100% was a french fry.

FIER086

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2008 03:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIER086Send a Private Message to FIER086Direct Link to This Post
Are all those other cars (other Hotel customers) going to be there or will the lot be chock full of Fieros?
Nurb432

Leave feedback

User on Probation

Report this Post07-24-2008 03:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by FIER086:

Are all those other cars (other Hotel customers) going to be there or will the lot be chock full of Fieros?

I don't know how big the hotel is, but I bet there will still be a few 'regular' customers + a few people that couldn't bring their Fiero. Besides, there is still the hotel staff too. But it would make for a cool picture if *only* Fieros were there at some point.
Boominator

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2008 03:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoominatorSend a Private Message to BoominatorDirect Link to This Post

Would that be ACII Dobson's yellow Formula from NY? Wish I were there! Keep those pictures coming...
Boomer
Kuta

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2008 03:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KutaClick Here to visit Kuta's HomePageSend a Private Message to KutaDirect Link to This Post
wholly fiero this will be good

[This message has been edited by Kuta (edited 07-24-2008).]

Kuta

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2008 04:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KutaClick Here to visit Kuta's HomePageSend a Private Message to KutaDirect Link to This Post

Kuta

94 posts
Member since Dec 2007

Originally posted by Fiero 25 - Mark:

They must have cleaned it off. It 100% was a french fry.
fwiw plenty of kids go to mcdonalds and i've seen enough play with their food around displays near a seating area like this
and i wouldn't be suprised if the parents bringing their children to mcdonalds are less responsible supervising
not saying that's what did or didn't happen but none of us know either!
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 10 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock