Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  6th Annual California Coast Run (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 
Previous Page | Next Page
6th Annual California Coast Run by Songman
Started on: 07-06-2008 03:32 PM
Replies: 199
Last post by: Songman on 09-20-2009 04:03 PM
Songman

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2008 03:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
Someone asked about the details of the Coast Run in another thread so I figured I would post the info here as well for people who might miss it there.

---

Working on the website now. The dates are October 24-26, 2008 with the actual run being on Saturday the 25th. Actually set the dates in November of last year. Host hotel will be the same. Courtesy Inn of San Simeon. Room rate for the weekend will be $99/room as last year. We're working on some different things for the actual run this year. Planning lunch at the Big Sur River Inn but have to confirm it with them. The catered Saturday night dinner will be prepared by the same people as last year. Everyone seemed very pleased with the price, taste, and amount of food. The quest for raffle prizes has already begun. And we will be an official Cruisin' with St Jude event again this year. And instead of a Halloween costume party this year we are working on the idea of a theme party. Suggestions are welcomed.

More details as I get the website completed. Thanks for asking.

6th Annual California Coast Run - http://www.fiero-performance.com (Last years site still up. Don't register yet. Good pictures though!)
Courtesy Inn of San Simeon - http://www.courtesyinns.com (Ask for Manish and mention Fiero to get $99 rate)
Big Sur River Inn - http://www.bigsurriverinn.com/
St Jude Children's Research Hospital - http://www.stjude.org (Specific Coast Run donation page will be available soon.)

------------------
The 6th Annual California Coast Run
October 24-26, 2008

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
mrfiero

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 149
Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2008 05:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfieroSend a Private Message to mrfieroDirect Link to This Post
I'll be there again!
Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2008 05:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
For individuals who are coming to the Coast Run, remember that the hotel has rooms with one bed, two beds, AND three beds. And all rooms are $99 for the weekend. For people who want to share, you can save yourselves some money.
JenzGT2

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2008 08:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JenzGT2Send a Private Message to JenzGT2Direct Link to This Post
It is on, like Donkey Kong!!!

Have not missed one yet! Anyone on the fence about going should make a point to go, very good time!

DeLorean00

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2008 08:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DeLorean00Send a Private Message to DeLorean00Direct Link to This Post
Well my Fiero is up and running again, so at this point I'm 99% sure Ruby and Myself will be there this year!!
SILVERMIST

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2008 11:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SILVERMISTSend a Private Message to SILVERMISTDirect Link to This Post
Let's hope the Big Sur River Inn is still there in October. Those fires are only 3% contained.
Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2008 12:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
Yeah, we considered that, Roy. We're going to make a discovery trip over that way in the next few weeks and see what is up. I talked to Manish the other day at the hotel and everything is fine down that far.

BTW - We have 25 rooms booked to start but I would love to need more.
TK

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 200
Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2008 08:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TKSend a Private Message to TKDirect Link to This Post
Never mind, through the power of the mind and reading I figure it out.

Carol and I made reservations today.

$50 a night? Is that right?

[This message has been edited by TK (edited 07-07-2008).]

Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2008 09:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
Yep.. Basically. $99 for the weekend - plus tax of course. Glad to see you are going to make it.
kooljess

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2008 02:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kooljessSend a Private Message to kooljessDirect Link to This Post
Well, you know some of the Fieros West boyz will be up there for the run......but I might just take it easy this time around if you know what I mean. Shaniqua Nicole should be finish and her beauty should be shining again for the big run......see ya all then.

------------------

http://members.cardomain.com/koolflip

pokeyfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2008 12:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroDirect Link to This Post
I'll be there barring death or tragedy and then I will be there in spirit. My car I'm bringing won't be painted as usual but it may have new sail panels!
If I can I will get you a couple sets for the raffle!!!! Hope and prayer may be needed but there is a chance. I will bring you some auto related stuff for the raffle either way.

The coast run is by far the nicest run I have ever been on and it never gets old. I hope we get some out of towners on the run.
PFF
System Bot
mmeyer86gt/gtp

Feedback score:    (161)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 73
Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2008 01:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mmeyer86gt/gtpSend a Private Message to mmeyer86gt/gtpDirect Link to This Post
I will be their probably again with out fiero. But, i will donate a newly recovered automatic and manualleather shift knobs (new hush hush project)
kooljess

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2008 02:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kooljessSend a Private Message to kooljessDirect Link to This Post
Some of the Fieros West boyz have booked their room....looks like another fun under the sun that weekend.

------------------

http://members.cardomain.com/koolflip

[This message has been edited by kooljess (edited 08-18-2008).]

Kitskaboodle

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2008 04:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KitskaboodleSend a Private Message to KitskaboodleDirect Link to This Post
Crap......

It turns out that October does not have a saturday & sunday on the last weekend. (i.e. not a "full" week)
Friday is the last day of the month (the 31st) so technically the last "weekend" of
October is the 25th / 26th. (Well, as far as my company is concerned anyways)
Therefore......quarter end crunch is on the 25th & 26th.

There is a slight possibility I can make if it's not too busy but I wont know that till the last minute.
Sorry Dale.....

86SEin93003

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2008 05:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86SEin93003Send a Private Message to 86SEin93003Direct Link to This Post
TTT
browneyedbri87

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2008 07:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for browneyedbri87Send a Private Message to browneyedbri87Direct Link to This Post
James and I will be there... how could we not! : ) But we wont have a Fiero this year : ( We have had bad luck with our cars over the year and I don't see that changing in a month. But we are still excited to be there and see all the other cars and join in the fun as always! Do we know what the theme party will be yet???

-Brianna
JenzGT2

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2008 08:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JenzGT2Send a Private Message to JenzGT2Direct Link to This Post
Whoa!! Only 6 weeks away people!!
I need to make reservations!

Yes, do we have a theme for the dinner? I need time to think of something to dress up in.

Where's Songman??!!

OHNIKO

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2008 08:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OHNIKOSend a Private Message to OHNIKODirect Link to This Post
ooooh, i wish i could drive out to this one! lol
Fastback 86

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 231
Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2008 11:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fastback 86Send a Private Message to Fastback 86Direct Link to This Post
I'll see what I can do. I might actually make it this year, but I'm not sure.
mrfiero

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 149
Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2008 11:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfieroSend a Private Message to mrfieroDirect Link to This Post
Sadly, I may have to miss it this year. I went off and did something stupid......I got a job! It's a new store and grand opening is October 17th.....probably a long shot for me to get the following weekend off.
Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2008 05:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
Sorry folks.. Been a bit busy lately... The website is up and ready for registration.

http://www.fiero-performance.com

Here is the link to order shirts and stuff - http://www.cafepress.com/fieroperf/5964963

------------------
October 24-26, 2008

[This message has been edited by Songman (edited 09-10-2008).]

PFF
System Bot
Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2008 06:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
Looking for input on the party - Been tossing around the idea of a pajama party. Thanks to my wife for that one. I like it! I only hope everyone will be willing to get dressed to go next door to the lounge afterwards. Our Elvis buddy that does that karaoke show is right next door now instead of at the other end of the street. No more having to squeeze 12 people into an HHR!

So what do ya'll think? Pajama party sound cool? Still plenty of time to go find some cool PJs for the event!
Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2008 12:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post

Songman

12496 posts
Member since Aug 2000
Downloadable flyer for anyone who wants to spread the word in their area.

http://fiero-performance.com/flyer.pdf

Anyone who would like to donate items to the raffle, please contact me. It's looking like this may be our best year yet!

------------------
October 24-26, 2008

[This message has been edited by Songman (edited 09-10-2008).]

JenzGT2

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2008 12:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JenzGT2Send a Private Message to JenzGT2Direct Link to This Post
Whoo Hoo!

Just set up room reservations and Rick's time off is confirmed, just gotta set up kid sitting.

All of us sqeezing in the back of the HHR is half the fun!! I'll miss that, LOL!

*edit, registration form did not work, got error message*

[This message has been edited by JenzGT2 (edited 09-10-2008).]

Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2008 01:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Jen, I'll check it.
Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2008 02:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post

Songman

12496 posts
Member since Aug 2000
Alright Jen. The form is working. Now let's see how many people we can get signed up! We had 30 last year and I would love to beat that this year!
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2008 09:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTDirect Link to This Post
Alrighty, we are registered!!!

Jen said it worked this time. Can't wait to see everyone again and have a great time.

------------------

Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2008 12:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
Fantastic! That makes two so far! haha

I know lots of others are coming. I am just late getting the site up for registration. I just sent out an e-mail to all past participants to let them know it is ready.

------------------
October 24-26, 2008

Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2008 02:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportDirect Link to This Post
Registered. Will get a room tomorrow.
Brastic

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2008 02:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BrasticClick Here to visit Brastic's HomePageSend a Private Message to BrasticDirect Link to This Post
This will be our first year. My Mom's Mera is almost back together. I will see if I can finish installing the interior by then. Hopefully, she will drive down with us.
Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2008 10:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
That would be great! We've had kit cars there but never a Mera!
PFF
System Bot
TK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2008 10:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TKSend a Private Message to TKDirect Link to This Post
You don't want to see me in pajamas.
Fierotaz

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2008 10:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierotazSend a Private Message to FierotazDirect Link to This Post
Sadly it does not appear we will be making it this year, but I am hopeful for next years event...I expect to see pictures of the pajama party...

------------------

pokeyfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2008 12:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fierotaz:

Sadly it does not appear we will be making it this year, but I am hopeful for next years event...I expect to see pictures of the pajama party...

That's a bummer Man. It is my turn to buy ya know? If you don't come out you miss it and next year will be your turn and I'm gonna order a very expensive breakfast.

Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2008 07:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
That's okay, Pokey. We'll miss Leroy and Sherri but if it makes you feel better, you can buy for me and Marie!
pokeyfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2008 03:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Songman:

That's okay, Pokey. We'll miss Leroy and Sherri but if it makes you feel better, you can buy for me and Marie!

So it's donuts and coffee by the pool huh?
Rie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2008 10:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RieClick Here to visit Rie's HomePageSend a Private Message to RieDirect Link to This Post
Why you scurvy bastards! My husband works this hard and....

wait...where are my manners?

HI GUYS!!!! I miss you all so much, haven't seen most of your since west fest or before and my gosh I need to see you! Lovin all my girls and you boys are looking just as handsome as ever! hugs and kisses!

ok, where was I?

why you scurvy bastards! My husband working so hard on this and THIS is his response??? Get your butts in gear...get registered, get on the forum and splooge about the wonderfulness of this event or as God is my witness, it's you and me....hillbilly rastlin with a peoples elbow right in the 'jacobs cream crackers for all of ya!" Don't try my patience people...I'm edgy just about now...

Hi Jen and Bri! love ya!

Tess-Grrrrrrr......you know how I roll.....you're in trouble if you don't come...or 9pm comes, cuz thats my bedtime so I don't roll after that.

TK- You do understand you don't have to wear a teddy or other eatable undies? Go ahead and post a pic...we'll decide if we want to see you in pj's pleaseandthankyou.

Kit-We changed this around SPECIFICALLY for you.....Don't THINK I wont come down there son.

You all know this is one of the most fun event here in so cal. Don't miss you- you will be sad if you do....and i will stalk you for the next year......kidding........

not.

heehee....kidding of course......

or if you know me

NOT.
TK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2008 11:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TKSend a Private Message to TKDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rie:

TK- You do understand you don't have to wear a teddy or other eatable undies? Go ahead and post a pic...we'll decide if we want to see you in pj's pleaseandthankyou.

NOT.

A teddy.....with edible undies. Hang on, let me check with Carol....

Edit: No that's out too.

Wait, on me? No, that's out.

Maybe I will just bring my Clutch Cargo costume.

[This message has been edited by TK (edited 09-15-2008).]

Rie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2008 12:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RieClick Here to visit Rie's HomePageSend a Private Message to RieDirect Link to This Post
Clutch Cargo? Hmmmm....I like it- maybe I'll come as paddlefoot, I've got the ears for it.
kevin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2008 12:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kevinSend a Private Message to kevinDirect Link to This Post
Hey Ricky, this is Kevin in Elk Grove. Do you need a co-pilot?
Just asking

Cordially,
Kevin
916-600-6482
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave